Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 2: December 2004 - December 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part III from Imaginescandinavia:

Attachments

• b21.jpg
    b21.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 187
  • b22.jpg
    b22.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 189
  • b23.jpg
    b23.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 167
  • b24.jpg
    b24.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 176
  • b25.jpg
    b25.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 206
Lilian

It is great to see Princess Lilian again. :) ;) :cool:

Programme for the Swedish visit to Norway (translated by Larzen)

June 10
The Norwegian King and Queen, Crown Prince and Crown Princess arrives at Svinesund (me: i suppose the swedish royal arrives at the same time)

The King of Norway and The King of Sweden open the new Svinesund bridge between Norway and Sweden

The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden visit Oslo Town Hall for a celebration meeting

The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden visit the ship Götheborg at the Townhall Pier in Oslo

The Norwegian King and Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden, Princess Märtha Louise, Princess Ragnhild and Princess Astrid takes part in the gala dinner at the palace

June 11
The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden visit the open palace exhibition at Oscarshall

The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden is present for the opening of the New Nobel Peace center

The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden is present for the unveiling of the statue\bust of Torgny Segerstedt, Voksenåsen, Oslo

The King and Queen of Sweden offer a lunch to the King and Queen of Norway

To see and to post pictures please go to:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=225098#post225098

Se&Hör has a headline about quarreling princesses and (about that) shocked Royal parents. Is anyone willing to tell me more?
Even when I try now to think like a journalist, who is on the search for a lurid story, I simply can´t imagine on what this story should be based. Madeleine and Victoria looked peaceful and happy of late, they both have boyfriends, and both seem to share now (more than ever before) a similar view on life. :confused:

Hallo Lena,
thanks for posting the pics from "Eastnews". Can you tell me the website from this agency? Many many thanks for help in advance, too.

Lena said:
Se&Hör has a headline about quarreling princesses and (about that) shocked Royal parents. Is anyone willing to tell me more?
Even when I try now to think like a journalist, who is on the search for a lurid story, I simply can´t imagine on what this story should be based. Madeleine and Victoria looked peaceful and happy of late, they both have boyfriends, and both seem to share now (more than ever before) a similar view on life. :confused:
Its a about two other siblings, the King and his sister Birgitta. She refused to come to the family gathering at Sofiiero and Se&hör writes that this is not the first time the King is angry with his sister,.
A few years ago she "used" her name and title (she is the only one of the Haga sisters that are member of the royal house.you know what I mean? Its because she married a prince...) to promote magical bracelets that was to improve health, he forbid her to.
And the royal family aren´t that happy that Birgittas husband lives quite open with his secretary in Munich. Birgitta and Hansi are still legally married but hasn´t lived together for years

Last edited:
Yennie said:
Its a about two other siblings, the King and his sister Birgitta. She refused to come to the family gathering at Sofiiero and Se&hör writes that this is not the first time the King is angry with his sister,.
A few years ago she "used" her name and title (she is the only one of the Haga sisters that are member of the royal house.you know what I mean? Its because she married a prince...) to promote magical bracelets that was to improve health, he forbid her to.
And the royal family aren´t that happy that Birgittas husband lives quite open with his secretary in Munich. Birgitta and Hansi are still legally married but hasn´t lived together for years

Oh, I see...so I came a mucker again :D I should know it better...Se&Hör has always those headlines with a double meaning.
Has she protmoted those magic bracelets as "princess of Sweden" or as "princess of Hohenzollern".
I don´t think, that the king is really angry...probably Birgitta thought, that the wedding of Carl was more important...why going two times to Sweden (when one doesn´t like the rainy cold weather)

I have a question.

A couple of times now, I have read the term "Haga"sisters/princesses.
What exactly does it mean?

Thanks,
Kathi

kathi said:
I have a question.

A couple of times now, I have read the term "Haga"sisters/princesses.
What exactly does it mean?

Thanks,
Kathi
The term "Haga princesses/sisters" refers to the King's 4 sisters - Margaretha, Birgitta, Désirée and Christina. They all grew up at Haga Palace and were followed eagerly by the media all the time, enourmously loved and they become something like icons. In their days, they were constantly in the newspapers and magazines, books and all sort of mementos were made and written about them, and in the early days of television (which it was back then when they were really young) - the people seeing them so much on tv really made an impact and contributed to their iconic status. Still today we can see them as children every now and then on tv, when SVT shows old archive clips from the weekly journals. When they married they became quite anonymous, but one can still see them every now and then at big family happenings.

There are threads about them all, you can read more & see pictures there. Here are the links:

The Haga Princesses
Princess Désirée
Princess Christina
Princess Margaretha
Princess Birgitta

Last edited:
In accordance with our new policy regarding copyrighted material (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=239931#post239931) - please remember:

- When posting pictures, provide the source for them
- When posting articles, only post the headline and the first lines of the story followed by a link to the article
- If you post an article in another language than English, provide a translation or a summary (entire articles may be posted if they are translated)

If you don’t know the language in the article you want translated, ask someone for help to summarize or translate.

Thank you for cooperation and respect for our policy

GrandDuchess, as Super Moderator

Earlier today Madeleine and her mother went for a walk at Solliden.

Looks like its bad weather on Öland. Or perhaps the umbrella is to be used as a shelter from the paparazzis :)

from Face to face

Attachments

• 00709106.jpg
    00709106.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 406
  • 00709107.jpg
    00709107.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 309
  • 00709108.jpg
    00709108.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 368
  • 00709109.jpg
    00709109.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 312
Yennie said:
Earlier today Madeleine and her mother went for a walk at Solliden.

Looks like its bad weather on Öland. Or perhaps the umbrella is to be used as a shelter from the paparazzis :)

from Face to face
Or its intended as replacement for a walking stick :eek:

Aftonbladet met Madeleine and Silvia on Öland yesterday

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/kvinna/story/0,2789,675004,00.html

On Öland, mother and daughter finally have time for eachother.
"We like to spend time together. Its important to do things together" says Silvia.
Its during the summers, the royals have time to be together and go on small trips around Öland. The interest for the royals are big and the family are use to the attention but lately the pressure from foreign media has increased.
"This year there have been both german and danish press hiding in the bushes. Ofcourse I´m a bit tired of it, but its nice when one does this way, approaches and asks first"
Then the queen reveals that she is a fan of magaznes such as Hello! and Hola!.
"I like them. They have beautiful pictures and writes in a nice way without hurting anyone, says Silvia.
Both Madeleine and Silvia describes Solliden as a real summer paradise
"Yes, we like Öland and its nice to be here and to be able to relax", Madeleine says.
Yesterday they went for a walk to Borgholm Castle to see the exhibition The third Global Art Glass Triennial".
"It was very beautilful items, you must go and have a look. The sculptures reminded me of the art in the Ice hotel, Silvia said.

Attachments

• 20050719slottsruin.jpg
    20050719slottsruin.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
One brown lady

Yennie said:
Aftonbladet met Madeleine ... on Öland yesterday

Its at least the fourth year I see her such.

Hope she doesn't - in later years - do a 'copy job' of the ... attached pic.

Attachments

• PICT0150.jpg
    PICT0150.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 403
ew, that photo is disgusting! Lets hope we´ll never see Madeleine looking like that...

However, it can be very different how dark you skin get. Some people are sensitive and burns easily while others get colour very fast and without getting burned. And I think her blonde hair and natural colours makes it look "more" than it really is. Look at Victoria, she has completely different "colours" and a different type of tan...

three more photos of Madeleine and Silvia from Borgholm Castle, taken on july 19

from Fotomarktplatz

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 233
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 584
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 323
Last edited by a moderator:
hrhcp said:
Hope she doesn't - in later years - do a 'copy job' of the ... attached pic.

The Thursday before the Canada Day longweekend our Advertising Director sent around an e-mail with that (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=171236) image wishing us all a "Happy long weekend -- but not like this." It was enough to make me grab my sunblock and my self-tanning solution rather than go for some colour the natural way as I had planned!

I really do hope that as Madeleine seems to have a deep golden tan in the middle of January that she doesn't end up like this woman whose skin makes me want to throw up my lunch.

Tan

Princess Madeleine certainly is very brown! If she heads down to somewhere like St Tropez or another hot climate before the summer is out she'll be even browner!

http://www.ostrasmaland.se/artikel.php?id=263407&avdelning_2=17#

An article about "someone" wanting to increase the protected area at Solliden to give the royal family more private life.
Now there are photographers on stand just outside the sealed-off area by the sea and this bothers the royal family.

No one wants to say exactly who has made this request (the rf, police etc.) but ACJ at the royal court says that the royal family is bothered by the paparazzis. But she dont know if its the royal family who has requested this.
"It´s Säpo who is in charge of the security" she says.

ps: I cant tell if this is a new article or not, but I have never seen it before so :)

Last edited:
According to messages on Ritvas page the rf will be in Nyköping today!http://members.boardhost.com/ritva/msg/10462.html

August 6th, the royal family will attend (nothing official so we can´t be sure) the wedding of Prince Manuel von Bayern and Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. The wedding takes place in the town of Nyköping, south of Stockholm
Prince Manuels father, Prince Leopold is a close friend of the King.

So perhaps we will get some new family photos!

Last edited:
thank you for the tip has found it

has anyone seen the thread where all the group photos of the family is
the one where we post photos of all five members are in the photo

Last edited by a moderator:
Josefine said:
has anyone seen the thread where all the group photos of the family is
the one where we post photos of all five members are in the photo
We've renamed that thread so the pictures doesn't have to be of the whole family, but can be of pictures with different constellations in the Royal Family. You can find it here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21

hi:

Now the biography channel is showing a documentary about this lovely family and country/palaces.

Expressen had today an long article about the plans of the Royal children. They wrote a lot, but nothing new. Shouldn´t we have the schedule for autumn by now?? This is too meager. I hope we get more.

Madeleine:
She has-according to Expressen only 10 points left until she can graduate. So her academic career would end at the turn of the year. I must admit, that I absolutely don´t get it. Madeleine has made this course in law in spring 2002...then she started in january 2003 science of arts, after a year she changed to ethnology and now after 3 years of studying (2 with ethnology) at university, she should be able to graduate?? :confused:

Carl Philip:
He will try to drive more races in autumn. According to Expressen, he is starting his last term at the design college. Wasn´t it said in January 2005, that he would study two more years? :confused:

Victoria:
They only say, that she will go on with her queen school. And they speculate a lot about an engagement (Westlings meeting Bernadottes etc.). When we won´t get soon a plan with many journeys abroad, we can be pretty sure, that Expressen is right here...

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=423851

She has-according to Expressen only 10 points left until she can graduate. So her academic career would end at the turn of the year. I must admit, that I absolutely don´t get it. Madeleine has made this course in law in spring 2002...then she started in january 2003 science of arts, after a year she changed to ethnology and now after 3 years of studying (2 with ethnology) at university, she should be able to graduate??

I think its this way, she studied:
10 points law course, spring 2002
60 points science of art Spring 2003- spring 2004
40 points ethnology autumm 2004 - spring 2005

20 points = 20 weeks (september- january) = 1 term

to get a "kandidat examen" (= baccalaureate in english) you need 120 points an that means she has to have 10 more points

this is what it said about "kandidatexamen" on www.ne.se:

kandidatexamen, grundexamen vid universitet och högskola, specificerad efter fakultet (teologisk, juridisk, medicinsk och filosofisk). Kandidatexamen ersattes 1977 med högskoleexamen men återinfördes 1993 som benämning på en examen omfattande minst 120 poäng (3 års heltidsstudier) varav minst 10 poäng skall avse självständigt arbete (examensarbete). Juris kandidatexamen omfattar 180 poäng. (jfr filosofie kandidat, juris kandidat, medicine kandidat och teologie kandidat

Last edited:
Yennie said:
I think its this way, she studied:
10 point law course, spring 2002
60 point in science of art Spring 2003- spring 2004
autumm 2004 - spring 2005 ethnology

20 points = 1 term, september- january

to get a "kandidat examen" (= baccalaureate in english) you need 120 points an that means she has to have 10 more points

this is what it said about "kandidatexamen" on www.ne.se:

kandidatexamen, grundexamen vid universitet och högskola, specificerad efter fakultet (teologisk, juridisk, medicinsk och filosofisk). Kandidatexamen ersattes 1977 med högskoleexamen men återinfördes 1993 som benämning på en examen omfattande minst 120 poäng (3 års heltidsstudier) varav minst 10 poäng skall avse självständigt arbete (examensarbete). Juris kandidatexamen omfattar 180 poäng. (jfr filosofie kandidat, juris kandidat, medicine kandidat och teologie kandidat

Thank you, Yennie
So what could be her next goal at university? Sorry to say, but 6 terms of this and that + 10 "points" from a law course at an adult education center don´t seem to me like a full study (where you can get really deep knowledge in a field) Seeing this, I´m surprised, that it seemed impossible for Victoria to graduate from university as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom