Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 2: December 2004 - December 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yennie said:
yes that is very expensive. I´m not good at currency and things like that, but just to give you an idea. I live in a one room apartment in a city centre, and I pay 2600 SEK a month for it.

So 27 000 sek for a bottle of champagne is quite alot :)

ouch! that is a lot! thanks for telling me.

Yennie said:
Sunday 27/11

> H.M The Queen, H.R.H Princess Madeleine
Presence at the morning service in the Saint Clara Church in combination with informations on the work of the local parish
Stockholm

From Imagine :
Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine today attended Advent Sunday in Santa Clara CHurch in Stockholm. Princess Madeleine deeply feels for Santa Clara Church´s active efforts supporting and helping homeless, poor and drug-addictive people in Stockholm. In her academic studies the princess has made some research on this issue.

Attachments

• stclara4.jpg
    stclara4.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 3,250
  • stclara17.jpg
    stclara17.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 3,180
  • stclara1.jpg
    stclara1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 281
  • stclara10.jpg
    stclara10.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 242
  • stclara5.jpg
    stclara5.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 3,150
  • stclara9.jpg
    stclara9.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
more from imagine :

Princess Madeleine looks great...:)

Attachments

• stclara36.jpg
    stclara36.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 197
  • stclara35.jpg
    stclara35.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 270
  • stclara34.jpg
    stclara34.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 281
  • stclara29.jpg
    stclara29.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 305
  • stclara30.jpg
    stclara30.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 363
  • stclara31.jpg
    stclara31.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 251
  • stclara32.jpg
    stclara32.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 315
  • stclara33.jpg
    stclara33.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 358
  • stclara11.jpg
    stclara11.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Princess Madeleine's hair!

Wow look at how long Princess Madeleine's hair is now! It is nearly as long as Crown Princess Victoria's!

Gita said:
Wow look at how long Princess Madeleine's hair is now! It is nearly as long as Crown Princess Victoria's!

Very long indeed! (with that she should be able to make a magnificent hairdo for nobel) ;)

In the photos from the church, Madeleine is wearing Victorias dress!
Must be nice to have a sister to borrow clothes from :)

Victoria wearing it, 2004

photo from allover

Nearly the same article as last year. Also this year none of the partners of the Royal children is "allowed" to celebrate Christmas with the Royal family (which is IMO pretty normal. I think most here agreed last year)
Comment of Ann Christine Jernberg:
Christmas celebrations are completely private. The partners of the young ppl (read Royal children) aren´t in the habit of being with them and I haven´t heard that there should be a change this year.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,737709,00.html

I must say these 2 pics of Daniel are really unfortunate shots. Wow.

Yennie said:
In the photos from the church, Madeleine is wearing Victorias dress!
Must be nice to have a sister to borrow clothes from :)

Victoria wearing it, 2004

photo from allover

Wow, I didn´t realise that. Good detective work, Yennie. Madeleine borrowing clothes of Victoria...highly unusual I must say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Borrowing clothes

Perhaps Crown Princess Victoria thought it would be a good idea to lend Princess Madeleine the dress to save Princess Madeleine having to buy an identical outfit if she liked it that much.

Gita said:
Perhaps Crown Princess Victoria thought it would be a good idea to lend Princess Madeleine the dress to save Princess Madeleine having to buy an identical outfit if she liked it that much.

Or maybe Madeleine owns the very same...buy one-take two

Showing respect and etiquette

In my opinion both HM Queen Silvia and HRH Princess Madeleine had a very appropriate look for the moment instead of taking advantage of the occasion. They behaved with great responsibility for the situation.

Unlike what some people here seem too have claimed in this discussion, in their ordinary and special “enchanting way”, I do admire the etiquette that the Royals have been showing. I would say it’s to show respect for Santa Clara Church and their supporting program for homeless, poor and drug-addictive people in Stockholm.

Karisma said:
In my opinion both HM Queen Silvia and HRH Princess Madeleine had a very appropriate look for the moment instead of taking advantage of the occasion. They behaved with great responsibility for the situation.

Unlike what some people here seem too have claimed in this discussion, in their ordinary and special “enchanting way”, I do admire the etiquette that the Royals have been showing. I would say it’s to show respect for Santa Clara Church and their supporting program for homeless, poor and drug-addictive people in Stockholm.

What moving words you have found again Karisma. :)
11_11_6.gif
11_11_5.gif
Maybe you can tell us more about the great work the Saint Clara Church does. :)

Expressen has an article (an other yearly repeat) on the incomes of the Royal family (here Royal children). Only Carl Philip earned money in 2004 (25800 SEK-> maybe he could donate it to the St. Clara Church...I mean this seriously. So he never would get under the suspicion to chash twice. Once through his work, where he also profits through his status and once through the apanage :rolleyes: )
All the other spendings of the Royal children (here luxury trips to NYC, to luxury mountain resorts, to the luxury Riviera, luxury clothes, luxury sports cars, luxury member cards of luxury gyms are mentioned) are paid through the apanage of the king.
According to this article the king gets an yearly apanage of 100 mio SEK. Firstly the maintenance costs for the castles and wages for the employees have to be taken off (48 mio SEK). The remaining money is for representation and private spendings.
The Lord Chamberlain Eliasson expresses it this way:
I don´t know exactly, where the border between private clothes and representation clothes is. The expenses are taken of the money, which is left, after the King has paid us all and after the horses have gotten their food and after all gala dinners are paid-then money is left for clothes.

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=479232

Last edited:
It's about private donations

You must excuse me if I don’t understand the things about HRH Carl Philips income and the apanage of HM the King here. In neither of the cases they seem to belong in this thred. They heve their private fortune too in fact. Oh, now I understand! Why hold back Your humble attitude? Don’t be reserved, Dear! Of course I should have known You knows exactly how much the Swedish Royal family donate in private.

Are there “Royal children” in Sweden? In my mind they all are grown up or “youngsters”!

If I hadn’t know Your enchanting comments better I would believe I’ve could have suspect there's mischief afoot or, mayby, envious feelings. But of course I’m wrong about that, when I’ve read some of Your other great contributions in TRF, Dear.

Reminder!

Please keep a civil tone towards all members in the threads - this is not a place to play out personal feelings or opinions on others, nor to use language which some might find degrading or simply just mean.

GrandDuchess, Swedish forums Super Moderator

Karisma said:
You must excuse me if I don’t understand the things about HRH Carl Philips income and the apanage of HM the King here. In neither of the cases they seem to belong in this thred. They heve their private fortune too in fact. Oh, now I understand! Why hold back Your humble attitude? Don’t be reserved, Dear! Of course I should have known You knows exactly how much the Swedish Royal family donate in private.

Are there “Royal children” in Sweden? In my mind they all are grown up or “youngsters”!

If I hadn’t know Your enchanting comments better I would believe I’ve could have suspect there's mischief afoot or, mayby, envious feelings. But of course I’m wrong about that, when I’ve read some of Your other great contributions in TRF, Dear.

:( What I´ve written in my former post about your post was seriously meant. I think it´s good, that you remind us about less superficial things every now and then. This is now a reaction, I haven´t expected :(

I don´t know, which other thread I should have taken. This was news from a Swedish media about 3 members of the Royal family.
The press calls them "Kungabarnen", the Queen calls them "barnen", so what other term should I take?
And what is wrong with my suggestion to donate the money (maybe he even will)? And what has it to do with jealousy? :(

This is indeed the correct thread for news about several members of the Royal Family. Had it only been about the Royal Couple, or one of the royal children, then it would've belonged in their respective news thread. So this is correct.

I also use the term "royal children", it's the one I find most suitable and easy to use. The press does call them that, and they are children of their parents - so there's nothing wrong with the term. The term "royal youngsters" or "royal grown ups" doesn't include their position as the children of the monarch and children in the Royal Family in the same way as the term royal children does. So I go for that one too.

I'm sorry

Lena said:
:( What I´ve written in my former post about your post was seriously meant. I think it´s good, that you remind us about less superficial things every now and then. This is now a reaction, I haven´t expected :(

I don´t know, which other thread I should have taken. This was news from a Swedish media about 3 members of the Royal family.
The press calls them "Kungabarnen", the Queen calls them "barnen", so what other term should I take?
And what is wrong with my suggestion to donate the money (maybe he even will)? And what has it to do with jealousy? :(

I'm so sorry Lena. I thougth it ws a caustic rebuttal You did! Please accept an honest apologize from me if I did´nt understand You in the right way.:eek: I'm sorry about that.

But I don't agree about the interference of HRH Prince Carl Philip and HM the Kings apange in the subject about Sankta Klara church. But it's my opinion of course... So we can perhaps agree about that we don't look upon this issue in the same way, You, me and Grand Duchess. We can mayby agree that we disagree on that issue.:rolleyes:

Karisma said:
I'm so sorry Lena. I thougth it ws a caustic rebuttal You did! Please accept an honest apologize from me if I did´nt understand You in the right way.:eek: I'm sorry about that.

But I don't agree about the interference of HRH Prince Carl Philip and HM the Kings apange in the subject about Sankta Klara church. But it's my opinion of course... So we can perhaps agree about that we don't look upon this issue in the same way, You, me and Grand Duchess. We can mayby agree that we disagree on that issue.:rolleyes:

Nice, that you say that :)

Yes, let´s say we disagree here, and that it´s ok...and maybe it was wrong to suggest, that the Prince should donate his income to the institution, you had mentioned above. I could have kept it more "generally" (by talking about charities etc.) :eek: :)

Last week Svensk Damtidning reported that Princess Lilian has recently been on a trip to London to get her dress for the Nobel festivities from her seamstress over there, and the whole Royal Family joined her to celebrate Princess Lilian's 90th birthday a bit more. They went out to eat, went to museum(s) and the threatre together. The Royal Family also took the opportunity to do some Christmas shopping while there.

GrandDuchess said:
Last week Svensk Damtidning reported that Princess Lilian has recently been on a trip to London to get her dress for the Nobel festivities from her seamstress over there, and the whole Royal Family joined her to celebrate Princess Lilian's 90th birthday a bit more. They went out to eat, went to museum(s) and the threatre together. The Royal Family also took the opportunity to do some Christmas shopping while there.

aawww... this is so sweet of them. a private family time.... :) :) :)
although it's highly unlikely, is there a photo of this?

thanks for the info, GrandDuchess

Ahh that´s nice, so this means that we´ll see atleast one new dress at the Nobel Prize awards... ;) Hopefully the rest of the ladies in the royal family will follow Lillans example :)

This thread is now becoming long so it's time to close this one and meet in the new one. Thanks to everyone who posted!

The new thread can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom