Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 1: January 2003 - December 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Duchess, many thanks for translate the article from Aftonbladet. Sorry, the picture is very old (did you know from which year?).

ursulajohanna said:
Grand Duchess, many thanks for translate the article from Aftonbladet. Sorry, the picture is very old (did you know from which year?).
Sorry, I don't know the year... But I guess the early 90's sometime...

Yesterday it was exactly 250 years since King Adolf Fredrik and Queen Lovisa Ulrika moved into the Royal Palace of Stockholm together with their family and their Court. Up until the moving in into the new palace, the Royal Family had mainly resided at the Wrangel Palace, and used Ulriksdal Palace and Drottningholm Palace as their summer homes. This year, they had decided to stay at Ulriksdal Palace until the big day finally came.

It was Saturday 8 December 1754 – the day had finally arrived after so many years of waiting. The State Authorities with the Svea Courts of Appeals in the lead where invited by a Royal Decree to perform their congratulations in a cour in Adolf Fredrik’s apartment ay 11:00 AM on the moving in day. The same decree had also been sent to the French Ambassadors and others. The same Royal Decree also consisted of an invitation to a cour with the Queen at 7:00 PM the same night. No notice was sent to the Cabinet Ministers. Instead, the First Marshall of the Court, who had issued the decree, was one of the nation’s men and informed those in the Cabinet who were in Stockholm that they were to meet the King and Queen on their arrival. The welcoming delegation together with the uniformed part of the Court, were all firmly placed in their pre-decided spots.

The Royal Family arrived at 11:00 AM. Princess Sofia Albertina, one year old at the time, was already in her rooms to be attended by her Chambermaid and nanny before her appearance. When the King and Queen had stepped of their carriage, a short speech was given to them. After the welcoming ceremony at the entrance, the guests were received in precedence by the King and Queen inside. After the reception, the Royal Family had dinner in front of their guests. The public eating ceremony was after that held once a week.

The day after the Royal Family had moved into the Royal Palace, the Archbishop opened the Palace Church after which a church service was held.

Yesterday evening - Tuesday 7 December 2004 - it was exactly 250 years since the Royal Palace of Stockholm was finnished and the Royal Family moved in.

This was celebrated with a Jubilee Concert in the Hall of State - in the presence of The King and Queen, H.R.H. The Crown Princess, H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip, H.R.H. Princess Madeleine, H.R.H. Princess Lilian and Princess Christina Mrs. Magnusson. I also had the pleasure to attend this lovely concert.

The programme consisted of a speech by the King, choir music by varoius Bernadottes (Prince Gustav, Princess Eguénie and King Oscar I), a speech about the history by a retired historian from the Court - and the main thing on the programme: "Per la festivà del Santo Natale" by Francesco Antonio Uttini. This was the first time ever this piece was performed, after it has been put together at the State Musical Collections by a Professor. The King's speech was great, I was really impressed by him this evening.

I saw all the royals, except Princess Christina Mrs. Magnusson, who were present. I saw Countess Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister, the Mistress of the Robes, when she entered the Hall of State. In the wardrobe before the concert, I "bumped into" the County Governor of Stockholm:D. Several Government Ministers also attended, along with many County Governors and other people from the official Sweden.

The only pictures I've found where these tiny ones at IBL, the first pic is from the Royal Court's website:

Attachments

• konsert041206webb.jpg
    konsert041206webb.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 367
Last edited by a moderator:
Swedish royal family sues over magazines' 1,588 faked stories
By Clare Chapman in Munich
(Filed: 12/12/2004)

The swedish royal family is suing one of Germany's biggest magazine publishers over what it claims are 1,588 made-up stories, including more than 500 front-page "exclusives".

King Carl XVI Gustaf and his German-born wife Queen Silvia have hired the lawyer used by Princess Caroline of Monaco in her successful lawsuits against the German tabloid press.

The king and queen are among the more easy-going members of European royal families, even turning up unannounced in local pubs to mingle with their subjects.

Apparently encouraged by their relaxed attitude, the Mannheim-based Klambt group has published increasingly sensational stories about affairs and pregnancies, which bear little relation to reality.

The royal family's patience ran out when a recent story alleged that the king had been unfaithful, under the headline, "The tears of a betrayed wife".

"The magazine had retouched the photos to put tears in my eyes," said Queen Silvia, 61, who has three children, Victoria, who is next in line, Carl Philip and Madeleine.

"As proof that I had been betrayed, they printed a picture of my husband on a boat with a blonde. The original photo also shows Princess Victoria. The blonde girl is a friend of Victoria who had been cut out of the picture."

The royal family was also outraged over previous claims that Princess Victoria was barren, King Carl Gustaf, 58, was seriously ill, and the queen had been suffering from cancer but was cured by a miraculous wristband.

"I received a letter from an old man in Germany who begged me to send this wristband to his seriously ill wife," the queen said.

"I had to dash his hopes by writing that the report was not true." She said the couple decided to sue in the interests of their children.

"There would be nothing worse than to hear them say we did nothing to protect them," she said.

In June, Princess Caroline took her complaints about paparazzi
photographs to the European Court of Human Rights, which ruled that freedom of the press in Germany was wrongly taking precedence over the private lives of well known people.

The Swedish royal family's lawyer, Matthias Prinz, would not confirm media reports that they are demanding up to €10 million (£6.9 million) in damages and intend to give any payment to charity. However, he said: "There has never been a case with so many fabricated stories."

Rudiger Dienst, a Klambt executive, vowed that it would not print any more inaccurate stories about the King and Queen. "We have learnt our lesson, " he said.

"We admit that we may have embellished some reports but we have done nothing different to other tabloids.

"This kind of reporting has been going on for 50 years and I don't understand why all of a sudden the Swedish royal family are taking action against us now."

The Telegraph

GrandDuchess said:
Yesterday evening - Tuesday 7 December 2004 - it was exactly 250 years since the Royal Palace of Stockholm was finnished and the Royal Family moved in.

This was celebrated with a Jubilee Concert in the Hall of State - in the presence of The King and Queen, H.R.H. The Crown Princess, H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip, H.R.H. Princess Madeleine, H.R.H. Princess Lilian and Princess Christina Mrs. Magnusson. I also had the pleasure to attend this lovely concert.

The programme consisted of a speech by the King, choir music by varoius Bernadottes (Prince Gustav, Princess Eguénie and King Oscar I), a speech about the history by a retired historian from the Court - and the main thing on the programme: "Per la festivà del Santo Natale" by Francesco Antonio Uttini. This was the first time ever this piece was performed, after it has been put together at the State Musical Collections by a Professor. The King's speech was great, I was really impressed by him this evening.

I saw all the royals, except Princess Christina Mrs. Magnusson, who were present. I saw Countess Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister, the Mistress of the Robes, when she entered the Hall of State. In the wardrobe before the concert, I "bumped into" the County Governor of Stockholm:D. Several Government Ministers also attended, along with many County Governors and other people from the official Sweden.

The only pictures I've found where these tiny ones at IBL, the first pic is from the Royal Court's website:
Does anyone have big pictures from the celebrations of the Royal Palace?

Report from this week's Svensk Damtidning

# 1 - An article about the hairdos of the Nobel festivities:
One of the Royal Coiffurists, Peter Hägelstam, tells about the preparations for such an occasion. The planning of the hairdos takes days, and on the Nobel Day – making the hairdo can take up to two hours. He himself only does the Queen’s hairdo, while his colleagues do the ones of the other royal ladies, even though he is involved in the planning process of them too. He says that there are many things to consider while planning a hairdo for an occasion like the Nobel. For example how it will look on TV and photographs, the tiaras and jewellery the royals will wear, the dress, the lines, the neckline and how the person needs to move.

#2 - The annual Christmas Luncheon
They report that this year’s Christmas Luncheon for the staff of the Royal Court will be held on Friday 17 December.

The one thing the staff always looks forward to the most every year is not the food made by the Palace kitchen – but instead it’s the seating arrangements. Every year, the royals who attend are raffled on where they will sit – which means that anyone can end up next to the King or Queen! During the course of the afternoon there are also lotteries for things like baskets of delicatessens or fine wines. Everyone also receives a Christmas gift every year, which is usually a book (the past years often the newest book in the marvellous series on the Royal Palaces) – with a dedication from the Master of the Palace/the King himself.

Originally posted by Yennie@Nov 19th, 2003 - 12:16 pm
I think so. Atleast its the first one that is really hers and not borrowed from her mother or sister
I think she looks great in it

can someone tell some facts about this county dress what the colours meen and so on

i found this in the very first post
The duchess dress was a typical provincial dress from Jaervsoe, a small town in Haelsingland

why was this mass done in stockholm

i hope we will see her in her in these dresses more often when she is on duty

Last edited by a moderator:
Will we see her any time soon at a mass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom