Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 1: January 2003 - December 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geezzz.. I did not know my comments would stir up alot. I just don't care about a girls love life I guess since I am a girl. I guess I just like the idea of a prince dating, searching, and finding his Cinderella. And I totally don't mean that a RF has to be scandalous to be interesting. No way. I hate scandals esp. the ones in the British RF. It is just that the Swedish RF is so hum-drum. I guess some pomp and circumstance woudl do alot of good. WHen is the Noble Peace Awards coming on. Will it be on the internet?

Lena said:
Two more from today
Left hand side looks like at the army... :)

hrhcp said:
alas ... we are few and far in between. :(

Nope.
It snowed here today ...... what do the pics of her for Nov. 02 show ?
inviting a smart alect comment ?
... YYYYYYyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!! :)

Maybe hrhcp needs some service!

Last edited by a moderator:
A few more pictures from 1 November when the King, Queen and Crown Princess welcomed the delegates for the Nordic Council's Session in Stockholm for a luncheon at the Royal Palace. Here are a few very nice ones of Victoria, courtesy of Viennareport:

Attachments

• FMP-04-11-22510482.jpg
    FMP-04-11-22510482.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 203
  • FMP-04-11-22590482.jpg
    FMP-04-11-22590482.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 161
  • FMP-04-11-22620482.jpg
    FMP-04-11-22620482.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 158
  • FMP-04-11-22410482.jpg
    FMP-04-11-22410482.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 190
Lena said:
Group plans overthrow the king
A secret group wants to overthrow the Swedish monarch and establish a republic.
So, Sweden is a "banana republic" ?
- that's how this came across to me.
- ergo, failure by its presentation.

.... planning how to get the monarch of Sweden fired.
that's easy, just get him to say more silly remarks like he did with Brunei earlier this year.

Again, I wonder to what extent ETW was involved in that exchange ?
... was she revealing her (ardent) republican passions in this manner?

.... overthrow the Swedish King Carl Gustaf.
Gosh .... things must be real desperate. Seeing the parliament has pretty well taken all his powers away, how come it can't take a swipe at the final straw?

A more ominuous note ... this cabal wants to overthrow current society?

... consists of some of Sweden’s best public relation consultants.
at least, some one is thinking.

... the monarchy as a «historical remain which no longer is acceptable in a modern society.»
how come the monarchy is revered in Denmark and Norway?

«It is completely wrong to inherit a position in a democracy, and besides there is just too much over the top royal nonsense.»
but at least then there is no patronage about selecting the 'President' (like its done in Germany). The pomp and circumstance of receiving ambassadors just gets done by the 'President' then.

Maybe their goat is to cut down on the civil service !
- No more soldiers on duty at all the castles and palaces.
- No more daily parades.
- No more cooks, chambermaids, butlers and lady's-in-wating, etc, etc, etc ...

Luncheon for the Prime Minister of Bulgaria, ex-king Simeon

Attachments

• bul1.jpg
    bul1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 172
  • bul2.jpg
    bul2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 218
  • bul3.jpg
    bul3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 185
  • bul4.jpg
    bul4.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 191
Nope, I can´t. But I can see, that her royal higness, the crown princess of Sweden wore the same velvet-jacket, she wore on Monday...and her hair is still growing. Does she want to become an active part of a hippie-commune ("Christiania, I´m coming")?!

Queen Silvia looks really, super great at the luncheon. The purple scarf, the crisp cream/white suit (such a stark contrast!), the hair, the smile! I wish that Victoria could be a bit more of a style maven like her mom. The Queen consistently gets it right in a manner that is not too fad stylish nor too matronly or overly conservative.

Im all for recykeling but no twice in thre days:mad: The HAIR...sigh, its so beautful, but too long. if I had such hair Id show it of all the time, not put it in a ponytail....

The Crown Princess looks very nice, she has redeemed herself from the cowboy boots and dress horror...:p Her necklace is also quite beautiful...

Lena said:
...and her hair is still growing. Does she want to become an active part of a hippie-commune ("Christiania, I´m coming")?!
Maybe this is why her hair is never down...because it's become too long for her to try and do something pretty with it...although there are plenty of styles other then a ponytail she could use with long hair!

Here are some more pictures in his memory:

Attachments

• kungakram375.jpg
    kungakram375.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 81bc9a96.jpg
    81bc9a96.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 469b343e.jpg
    469b343e.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
A great tragedy has struck Sweden today as one of its biggest sports stars ever, wrestler Mikael Ljungberg, took his life yesterday at a clinic. He took double gold medals at both the European and World Championships in wrestling, one Olympic silver medal - and in 2000 in Sydney - the Olympic gold medal (from which I think we all remember the scenes of joy). In February 2001 he received the Seraphime Medal in the 12th size from The King, and the same summer he was chosen as the Victoria Scholarship and attended the birthday celebrations in Öland.

The Royal Court has said to the media that The King has sent a condolence telegram to Mikael Ljungberg's father, but they will not reveal what it says.

Here are some pictures in his memory:

Attachments

• 03_ljungberg463.jpg
    03_ljungberg463.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 207
  • 2ce1b684.jpg
    2ce1b684.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 1f4c5a98.jpg
    1f4c5a98.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 212
  • 15_ljungberg298.jpg
    15_ljungberg298.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 10_ljungberg298.jpg
    10_ljungberg298.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 074f3538.jpg
    074f3538.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 05_ljungberg463.jpg
    05_ljungberg463.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 04_ljungberg463.jpg
    04_ljungberg463.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 00fca8b4.jpg
    00fca8b4.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 154
Lena said:
Luncheon for the Prime Minister of Bulgaria, ex-king Simeon
If you noticed the Queen's scraf and the CP's top match. I think thats cute. :)

GrandDuchess said:
A great tragedy has struck Sweden today as one of its biggest sports stars ever, wrestler Mikael Ljungberg, took his life yesterday at a clinic. He took double gold medals at both the European and World Championships in wrestling, one Olympic silver medal - and in 2000 in Sydney - the Olympic gold medal (from which I think we all remember the scenes of joy). In February 2001 he received the Seraphime Medal in the 12th size from The King, and the same summer he was chosen as the Victoria Scholarship and attended the birthday celebrations in Öland.

The Royal Court has said to the media that The King has sent a condolence telegram to Mikael Ljungberg's father, but they will not reveal what it says.
Here are some pictures in his memory:
You´re right GrandDuchess, it is a tragedy :/
May he rest in peace

The royal family sent a telegram to Michael Ljungbergs father.
It was signed: Carl Gustaf, Silvia, Victoria, Carl Philip & Madeleine

”Vårt varmaste deltagande”

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sport/0411/19/SPORT-19s72-brevet-82_368.jpg

Hallo friends,
did you see pictures (perhaps by Pressensbild) from the King and queen by Audienz/Lunch for President Cheif Olusegun Obasanjo from Nigeria at 18.11.04?

Swedish royals to sue magazines

heres a bit of interesting information from an Australian News website

Swedish royals to sue magazines
From correspondents in Stockholm
November 23, 2004

THE Swedish royal family will take legal action against two German publishers it accuses of slander for reporting, among other palace tidbits, that the king and queen might get divorced.

A court spokesman in Stockholm said a lawyer had been hired to review German magazine articles and draw up a plan for legal action - provoking protest from one magazine owner that a big Swedish lawsuit could force it to lay off employees.

"Certain German magazines, the so-called gossip press, have published very skewed stories, completely without basis, for quite some time," court spokesman Morgan Gerle said. "Some of the photo montages are beyond belief."

Last year, the Swedish royal family won a legal battle over reports claiming that Crown Princess Victoria, heir to the throne, wanted to marry a Greek prince. Two German magazines had to publish apologies.

The royal court would not speculate about amounts of money involved in any new lawsuit, but one of the German publishers now drawing its ire, magazine group Verlagsgruppe Klambt, said it would be sued for about 40 million Swedish crowns ($7.42 million). "Three hundred employees will be out on the street if we have to pay up," Klambt executive Rudiger Dienst told Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet. Klambt's magazines have printed stories with headlines such as "Will a millionaire kiss away Silvia's tears?", citing rumours of a divorce between Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia. The royal couple deny any such plans.

Reuters

Well they reported fictious trash. And they also knew that Mr. Prinz (a well known attorney for prominent people) is investigating the newspapers. So if someone would dare to continue to write trash (s)he gets the bill. I think everybody could expect that as they really made clear that they will not tolerate that anymore. So my opinion: Now they newspapers should face their punishment...

Pictures from the queen and crown princess in Brussels for "child focus"
A. Is this a leather-jacket? Or is this just a silky material?
B. Why this pink jacket again?!?!?! We have seen it now in 9 days 3 times!!

Attachments

• brus3.jpg
    brus3.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 188
  • brus10.jpg
    brus10.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 192
  • brus9.jpg
    brus9.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 181
  • brus8.jpg
    brus8.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 168
  • brus7.jpg
    brus7.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 178
  • brus5.jpg
    brus5.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 173
  • brus4.jpg
    brus4.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 173
  • brus2.jpg
    brus2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 216
  • brus1.jpg
    brus1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 264
  • brus6.jpg
    brus6.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 171
More pictures:

Attachments

• brus17.jpg
    brus17.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 159
  • brus19.jpg
    brus19.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 187
  • brus18.jpg
    brus18.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 181
  • brus16.jpg
    brus16.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 158
  • brus15.jpg
    brus15.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 164
  • brus14.jpg
    brus14.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 165
  • brus13.jpg
    brus13.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 163
  • brus12.jpg
    brus12.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 210
  • brus11.jpg
    brus11.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 221
A I don think its a leather jacket, shes not a super dresser but she is not Stephanie
B The pink Jacket, ponytail and glasses again..... Give it a rest
C All the royals was out-shined by the incredible stylish polish First Lady at both occations

Lena said:
Why this pink jacket again?!?!?! We have seen it now in 9 days 3 times!!
I think it's such a shame that Crown Princess Victoria hasn't inherited her mother's sense of style (maybe she can improve, but I imagine she will never be the Queen of Style that I think Silvia is).

Crown Princess Victoria also hasn't seemed to learn from Queen Silvia that you don't recycle clothes all the time. At the Child Focus Concert for example, Queen Silvia wore the shiny outfit she had on the photo session to commemorate her 60th birthday celebration last December, and I don't remember seeing it after that - before now.

Larzen said:
All the royals was out-shined by the incredible stylish polish First Lady at both occations
I have to agree on this - Poland's First Lady, Jolanta Kwasniewska, looked absolutely fantastic! I wonder if the royals present gave any thought to this (bein out-shined), since they're normally the ones who provide all the glitter...

the polish first lady looked gorgeous as usual 2nd only to HM the Queen of Sweden who always looks gorgeous no matter what she wears. as for the Crown Princess she needs a new stylelist or raid Madeline's or her mothers closet and please get rid of that ponytail

Finally new pics of Madeleine...and big sister Victoria (doesn´t her top look a bit, as if it would be made out of the same fabric, of which Madeleine´s nobel dress 2002 was made ;) ) at meetings with youths
The pics are from Fotomarktplatz and royalcourt.se

More from Fotomarktplatz:

Attachments

• ym1.jpg
    ym1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,292
  • ym2.jpg
    ym2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,419
  • ym3.jpg
    ym3.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 265
  • ym4.jpg
    ym4.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,237
  • ym5.jpg
    ym5.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,342
  • ym6.jpg
    ym6.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,242
  • ym7.jpg
    ym7.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,244
so do you think madeleine has been designing again, maybe thre was some fabric left from 2002

madeleine seems to have fun

Josefine said:
so do you think madeleine has been designing again, maybe thre was some fabric left from 2002
You mean Madeleine has found out about her canny side and so she´s recycling her old clothes and is sewing dresses for her sister out of them? ;)
No, I´ve just meant, that it looks similar.

But maybe she has designed again, we will see on Friday (or the days after it, when the tabloids will tell)

Madeleine sure is recycling :) That sweater, white one under the poncho, is the same she had on when she was interview in the annual royal programme 2002!

They both looks good. The red colour is great on Victoria... But imo, she is to skinny now! She needs to do other things with Daniel than working out *lol*

Thanks for all these wonderful pictures! It's nice to see them together, and especially nice to see Princess Madeleine carrying out some official work, it's been a while now since we saw her. She looks incredible, I must say - without that terrible tan she looks so fresh and healthy. Victoria's outfit was better than normally...

Picture from Aftonbladet:

Attachments

• 3797024246.jpg
    3797024246.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
I think Silvia is great in these interviws becouse it is not easy talking to a doll and make it natural

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom