Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 1: January 2003 - December 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine has had and will continuously have very few official engagements during their studies. Princess Madeleine has done a few things the past years, and also Prince Carl Philip - although Princess Madeleine has done more. After their studies, I think it's expected and planned for them to become more active. This is being prepared now in October when H.R.H. The Crown Princess' Household is formed - it will be responsible for the two of them as well as the Crown Princess.

I wouldn´t agree completely, that princess Madeleine did more in the last couple of years (since the beginning of their studies). Her official duties were only better covered of the press. But I´m sure, if we would count their official duties, it would be pretty much the same (maybe even prince Carl Philip would be in the lead)

Lena said:
(maybe even prince Carl Philip would be in the lead)
Then why don't we hear about it. It seems like the press forgets about him, or is that just me?

robby86 said:
Then why don't we hear about it. It seems like the press forgets about him, or is that just me?
It´s not just you...they really "forget" him and it´s a shame! Probably he´s happy that the magazines don´t report about his private life, but I doubt that he´s also happy about the non-existing reports about his work for the Monarchy.
I´ve now counted all Royal engagements of prince Carl Philip and princess Madeleine since the beginning of the year 2003 until now (when there were state visits or Royal weddings I´ve counted them as one engagement, even when they lasted more than one day):

Carl Philip: solo engagements 16 - engagements with family members 27

Madeleine: solo engagements 7 - engagements with family members 22

Quite a surprising result!

GrandDuchess said:
Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine has had and will continuously have very few official engagements during their studies. Princess Madeleine has done a few things the past years, and also Prince Carl Philip - although Princess Madeleine has done more. After their studies, I think it's expected and planned for them to become more active. This is being prepared now in October when H.R.H. The Crown Princess' Household is formed - it will be responsible for the two of them as well as the Crown Princess.

What is H.R.H. The Crown Princess Household. I have never heard of this before. Thanks

On the first of October the crown princess will get her own household. Her mentor Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg will be chief of this new household and gets the title "Marshall"...Susanne Franchell (who has worked in the department for foreign affairs) will become her secretary.
This household will also deal with matters around prince Carl Philip and princess Madeleine.
I guess this change is more organizational, but less financial (or does anyone know, if she will get her own apanage from the state and an own website??). Probably Victoria will move into a new office and she will get more help with her work in the office.

lucy2 said:
What is H.R.H. The Crown Princess Household. I have never heard of this before. Thanks

From my earlier post on the subject of H.R.H. The Crown Princess' Household:

A press release from the Royal Court today states the news that from 1 October 2004, the Royal Court will have a new department: HRH The Crown Princess' Household!

The Household will bear the responsibility for the co-ordination and implementation of Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine's business.

Head of Crown Princess Victoria's Household will be Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, who thereby becomes Marshall. Secretary will be Susanne Franchell who comes from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Temporary new head of the Information and Press Department will be Information Secretary Ann-Christine Jernberg, who will divide the work within the department, work with press business dealing with the Royal Palaces and parks, and also be responsible for the website. The press contacts for the Royal Family will be taken care of by Information Secretaries Catherine Broms and Morgan Gerle (new appointment to him).

Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg will from now on be a special adviser to the Royal Family in communication matters, and will also keep the responsibility of the co-ordination of the speech writing for Their Majesties The King and Queen.

Lena said:
I guess this change is more organizational, but less financial (or does anyone know, if she will get her own apanage from the state and an own website??). Probably Victoria will move into a new office and she will get more help with her work in the office.

I think it's mainly organizational, since they've been planning for something like this for some time now... This sort of "breaks out" the three royal children from the offices of The King and Queen, and they will get their own little staff that will take care of their business. I don't think the Crown Princess will get her own apanage, although I think she should - but I guess it's not the tradition.... But I think she should get one, since she does so much work..

Last edited by a moderator:
Will Victoria get her own apanage as soon as she´s married?

Lena said:
Will Victoria get her own apanage as soon as she´s married?

I don't really know how this will be handled, since it will be a quite new situation to the Royal House for a while... I think she should get one, but I guess it will not be descided until when that day comes...

Excellent Family

I have been studying this royal family for some time now and i just have to post this. I would like to say that they are the family that gives royalty a good name, same with Denmark but this one inparticular. They are down-to-earth and seem to be considerate people. They seem very close and Sweden is very lucky to have them

You`re right. They are normal, just like anybody else. That's the reason, that i like them very much.

This is something that has made me a bit upset… This was supposed to be one of the few times we would see the Haga Princesses and the Royal Family's kin reunited for a big occasion together – but now it all comes to nothing! What are you thinking Princess Margaretha, Mrs Ambler?! :mad:

My translation of the very upsetting article from Svensk Damtidning:

It all came to nothing – because of the Haga Princess’ shyness.
Princess Margaretha turned down younger brother The King’s lavish birthday gift!

In a few weeks Princess Margaretha, Mrs Ambler will turn 70 years old. The idea was that younger brother The King was going to give a big party. Everything was planned. The invitations had been mailed and the royal siblings and their families were looking forward to meeting and celebrate Margaretha on her big day. The King had booked an elegant hotel outside London were all the siblings were to stay and were the party was to be held. It was his birthday present to his big sister.

But Princess Margaretha has turned it down. She absolutely doesn’t want to be celebrated or courted on her birthday. She is very shy and reserved and cannot imagine being at the centre of everyone’s attention.

This has to be respected by family, but the disappointment is big. Everyone invited had already accepted. The siblings don’t see much of each other and everyone had been looking forward to a big family meeting.

The King, of course, also thinks it’s a pity. He is the one sibling who has the most contact with Margaretha. He is very generous to her and invites her to Solliden every summer, where she gladly goes. She has always loved Solliden, and to her it adds a golden touch to be able to spend a few summer weeks on Öland.

Margaretha will probably celebrate her birthday with her children and grandchildren. It is they who these days bring joy to her life. Daughter Sybilla lives in Munich and has two children, Madeleine and Sebastian. Grandmother Margaretha often visits. Her oldest son Edward lives in the English countryside and has one daughter, Siena Rose. Her youngest son has one daughter, Lily, who will turn 2 in February.

Margaretha and her husband, John Ambler, live separate lives since many years.

Why are you so sure that the press would have been invited? I think it´s ok, that she expresses her feelings, instead of "standing" the party, but feeling bad.
It would be much worse, if she wouldn´t want the party, because she doesn´t get along with her family.
But I understand, that you´re disappointed. Maybe we would have gotten pictures from the outside of the hotel.

hrhcp said:
how come ?
Yes, this is something I also wonder about. Princess Margaretha and princess Birgitta have very strange marriages (if we can still call it "marriage"). I always feel so sad for them. For some reasons they don´t want to get divorced, but on the other hand they can´t move on...

Is the Swed. royal family this boring. If they had a male heir it wouldn't be

Why would having a male heir to the throne make it "not boring"? Actually, I think that they're "boring" because it means that they're not as scandalous as their fellow royals around Europe.

I think concerning scandals they don´t differ much from the other european Royals (well, maybe Great Britain excluded...and Monaco..but that´s no kingdom). The swedish RF is just on a boring stage now. Just think of the times when all the crown princes weren´t married. Of course when a female Royal watcher had a crush on a crown prince (or the idea of being crown princess and later queen) she has followed his life. But on the whole they (and their siblings) all weren´t more interesting or boring than the swedish Royal "children" today. I´m sure as soon as they start to marry and to get children, there more ppl get interested.

If carl was the crown prince then his love life would be under speculation and thta is always interesting. Sorry, but a girl's love life is not that interesting. but it is sad cuz Carl really is not that interesting anyways

Reina said:
Is the Swed. royal family this boring.
I totally disagree with you. The Swedish Royal Family is one of the least scandalous Royal Houses (generally I think all the three Scandinavian Royal Houses are less scandalous) - maybe you think that's what's boring. I think the Swedish Royal Family sets a good example when it comes to a lot of things, not the least how good friends they all are with each other. Personally, I wouldn't mind a bit more pomp and circumstance every now and then, but we can't have it all...Many of the European Royal Families has had engagements, weddings and baptisms these past years - which means there's been a lot of big celebrations in those countries. But when it goes back to normal, I would say that most Royal Families live their daily lives quite similarly to each other.

Reina said:
If carl was the crown prince then his love life would be under speculation and thta is always interesting. Sorry, but a girl's love life is not that interesting. but it is sad cuz Carl really is not that interesting anyways
I couldn't disagree with you more. I think all royals love lives are interesting, not matter if they're heir or spare - male of female :D . And I agree with Lena, before Europe's Crown Princes met their wife’s, they were not any more interesting than the Swedish royal children are today. There were rather some small crisis situations, and many were worried for their futures. Of course now they all have lovely wife’s and almost all of them little families of their own - and have all matured and taken on their roles in an excellent way.

What do you mean "a girl's love life is not that interesting"? Does this mean that in the future - you will have no interest for the love lives of Princess Elisabeth of Belgium (future Queen of Belgium), Princess Catharina-Amalia (future Queen of the Netherlands) or Princess Ingrid Alexandra (future Queen of Norway)?

Last edited:
Sorry, but a girl's love life is not that interesting. but it is sad cuz Carl really is not that interesting anyways
whats the difference between a boys love life and a girls love life?! It takes two to have one you know :)

So a week (actually even 12 days...) off for Victoria. Could this mean, that she´s spending her time with Daniel on a hot and sunny place, with many beaches right now ;)
Wonder how the muscleman looks in bathing shorts ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Australian said:
I have been studying this royal family for some time now and i just have to post this. I would like to say that they are the family that gives royalty a good name, same with Denmark but this one inparticular. They are down-to-earth and seem to be considerate people. They seem very close and Sweden is very lucky to have them
Very well, said. They certainly do. And no, they are not boring.

Yennie said:
whats the difference between a boys love life and a girls love life?! It takes two to have one you know :)
Well said. :p

Pictures from earlier today when the King, Queen and Crown Princess welcomed the delegates for the Nordic Council's Session in Stockholm this week for a luncheon at the Royal Palace:

Attachments

• FMP-01-11-2401064.jpg
    FMP-01-11-2401064.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 230
  • FMP-01-11-2404064.jpg
    FMP-01-11-2404064.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 192
  • FMP-01-11-2405064.jpg
    FMP-01-11-2405064.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 231
  • FMP-01-11-2407064.jpg
    FMP-01-11-2407064.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 243
Thank you for the new pictures, GrandDuchess.
Wow, what a big rose. Even though the outfits of the queen and the crown princess are similar, the queen is again a bit more stylish.

A big rose indeed. Lovely pair there for a good cause as well.

Two more from today

Attachments

• black1.jpg
    black1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 209
  • black2.jpg
    black2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 201
A very nice suit on Victoria (even if it is in black -- again). The cut and fit is very nice on Victoria and that always scores fashion points.

... But am I the only one who has an overwhelming urge to run up to Victoria wielding a pair of scissors to lop off that pony tail of hers? ;) How smart and professional (and a chnage of pace!) would it have been if Victoria had pulled her hair back in a low bun for this occasion?

Poll idea: What would it take on this earth for Victoria to stop wearing those annoying, sporty ponytails to professional events? Pigs flying? Flowers blooming up through 6 inches of snow and ice? Me giving up chocolate? ;)

Alexandria said:
... But am I the only one who has an overwhelming urge to run up to Victoria wielding a pair of scissors to lop off that pony tail of hers?
alas ... we are few and far in between. :(

Poll idea: What would it take on this earth for Victoria to stop wearing those annoying, sporty ponytails to professional events?
Pigs flying?
Nope.
.... 6 inches of snow
It snowed here today ...... what do the pics of her for Nov. 02 show ?
Me giving up chocolate? ;)
inviting a smart alect comment ?
... YYYYYYyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom