Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 1: Sept 2003-December 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful picture of Danne with that child - the best picture of him so far (the other ones haven't been great so far, always that cap or a grumpy face)! Thanks for posting the pics, Lena!

I must also say that I had expected him to watch both the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony and Banquet on tv (especially if they are discussing taking their relationship to the official level) - to get a feeling for how these things work, and maybe get some useful insights for the future (!?).

Also, the fact that the source in this article says that Daniel hates to wear tails, and that he finds the Nobel Banquet "mossigt" in Swedish (meaning like ancient/old and out of date) and also boring - is not the best thing if he is to be the coming husband of Crown Princess Victoria.

One more thing - Danne, could you PLEASE drop those glasses?!

For a guy that all the readers here have been saying is scruffy in appearance ..... he looks pretty clean-shaven and well organized (??????).

Dennism said:
enlightened opinion has told me that the king is rather bored in his job.
I would argue that every person in a longterm job "faces" boredom, after the learning has ended.

Think about it. He has had this job for 31 years. He has known that he would get that job for another 20 years before that. Maybe just a bit of boredom is creeping in.
It happened to me too. So, I pouted for a few years. But live moves on .....

A protective father. We should admire that. I recall reading a book that there was an incident a few years after he and Silvia were married where he was light-hearted or spontaneous(think of Mary´s flying hat) and in the book, they said that Silvia largely loosened him up as we say in the American vernacular and that such a moment could never have happened before they were married.
Great!

two of his children have had a certain shyness about them. And even Madeleine, bless her, I suspect there is something shy about her that will come closer to the surface as the years pass. This shyness is no doubt inherited from their father.
So ... all three kids are shy?

GrandDuchess said:
Also, the fact that the source in this article says that Daniel hates to wear tails, and that he finds the Nobel Banquet "mossigt" in Swedish (meaning like ancient/old and out of date) and also boring - is not the best thing if he is to be the coming husband of Crown Princess Victoria.

Yes, but looking at the time span between the time the photos were made (and high likely even much later offered) and the time the article was published (in the morning) I can´t imagine that Nyhlén had the chance to talk to ANY of his sources, friends, acquaintances or whatever. So I guess in the article most is invented. Fact is only, that Daniel went to watch basketball instead of the NPA. But we don´t know if he has watched it later or not. Maybe he wanted to watch it together with his Victoria, so that she can explain things to him, while watching (and cuddling on the couch)

Oh, yes...the glasses are awful (the reading glasses of his grandpa??)

mixer2002de said:
Why? Would you like him to see nothing?
Just as Victoria can change her ponytail situation, Daniel could change the frames on his glasses or wear contacts as Victoria does occasionally.

Nobody is asking him to walk around blind; just to make a better effort with some physical things.

Alexandria said:
Just as Victoria can change her ponytail situation, Daniel could change the frames on his glasses or wear contacts as Victoria does occasionally.

Nobody is asking him to walk around blind; just to make a better effort with some physical things.
Yes, I agree completely. Though wearing glasses is in most cases necessarily out of medical reasons, IMO glasses can also be seen as an attire/jewel. It can improve the look of a person or it can deface him/her

Alexandria said:

Obviously he's not metrosexual ... not your lucky day, eh?

Lena said:
... it can deface him
And some items just need time for the attitude to adjust .... reminds me when Volvo first came out with their new car style about 15 years ago, I hated it at first, and then it sort of "grew on" me.

A few more photos (Brunopress) of Danne and the tiny tot. The caption says, that Daniel ate a hot dog (health food, Danne?). And in one picture he carries a sports bag, so it seems he came directly from the gym.

Attachments

• bas1.jpg
    bas1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 624
  • bas2.jpg
    bas2.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 626
  • bas3.jpg
    bas3.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 636
  • bas4.jpg
    bas4.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 631
  • bas5.jpg
    bas5.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 611
  • bas6.jpg
    bas6.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 648
here are a few we have seen one of these photos but not the rest.......I think

Attachments

• 863849_b.jpg
    863849_b.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 389
  • 863850_b.jpg
    863850_b.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 2,113
  • 863851_b.jpg
    863851_b.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 2,050
  • 863852_b.jpg
    863852_b.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 2,284
  • 863853_b.jpg
    863853_b.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 438
Josefine said:
here are a few we have seen one of these photos but not the rest.......I think
A kiss to Josefine .. you've just made my day.

Must be awkward having to be "private" in the presence of the bodyguard guy (to Daniel's right) ?!

Victoria and Danne spent a night in a hotel in Högbo (Close to Sandviken/Gästrikland)
They checked in on Saturday, ate dinner with friends and left after a night together.
In Daniel´s car:
NYHETER-20s02-westlingkorbil-799_368.jpg

The hotel (looking like a swedish school, if you ask me):
NYHETER-20s02-hotell-759_368.jpg

The article (it isn´t written of Nyhlén...so it lacks of real passion ;) ):
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,577546,00.html

Pardon me if I sound skeptical here ..... that face is too fat to be Daniel's! And how nice that the sunvisor hides the face of the passenger !

Last edited by a moderator:
hrhcp said:
Pardon me if I sound skeptical here ..... that face is too fat to be Daniel's!
:D I also thought that his face looks too fat for being Daniel. But we see his Lexus, his glasses...it only can be Danne. Maybe he´s now completely in "prince school" and the change from muscular activity to brain activity has changed Danne´s metabolism.

[And how nice that the sunvisor hides the face of the passenger !
Why nice?

hrhcp said:
And how nice that the sunvisor hides the face of the passenger !
Better to hide the face of the driver than the passenger in this case. :)

It looks like Daniel to me. I think it is the angle that the picture took that makes him look heavier.

I don´t know anything about cameras but I´ve never heard that about an angle adding pounds to your face. Of course, they say that a movie camera adds pounds to you. But it could be the angle nonetheless.

Dennism said:
I don´t know anything about cameras but I´ve never heard that about an angle adding pounds to your face. Of course, they say that a movie camera adds pounds to you. But it could be the angle nonetheless.
It seems you want to hear "Yes, Dennis...he has emptied all boxes filled with Mamma Westling´s Christmas cookies-alone...and now he is fat" :p

I also assume it´s the angle...further the picture isn´t of the best quality. The resolution could be better.
And of course it´s Daniel. Can´t imagine that they have found two ppl, one looking like Danne, and the other one has Victoria´s chin and lips. ;)

mixer2002de said:
Maybe they were on a short trip to discuss engagement things ;)
Why the twinkling Smiley, Mixer? I see this as an real option. Personally I would really bet for an engagement in winter or early spring 2005. Otherwise both wouldn´t have given us hints. And so IMO it´s high likely that they also talked about engagement things on this trip...btw do you think that they both will wear their glasses, and Victoria a ponytail and an old suit/dress...hopefully not! Those pictures would be published again and again. That´s not like visiting a "kommun" in Jämtland, where only the inhabitants will look at the pictures, they have made, for a longer time.

Lena said:
Why nice?
I was being pleasantly sarcastic ..... and then on the other hand, complimentary of Victoria of having learned a simple trick like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom