Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 7: February 2008 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes two to tango! Although the cheating that became public showed a lack of integrity on part of Jonas we do not know how both parties contributed to the breakdown of the relationship.

Although Jonas will most likely not be part of the royal inner circle I believe he and Madeleine will eventually become "friends" so they will be able to meet in the future and be civilized toward each other.

Stockholm has a very small upper crust social circle and they will meet again.

It takes two to tango! Although the cheating that became public showed a lack of integrity on part of Jonas we do not know how both parties contributed to the breakdown of the relationship.
You are of course absolutely correct, it does indeed take two to tango! What a pity it wasn't his fiance Madeleine with whom he was doing said tango!

"A lack of integrity"? What a masterly understatement. Cheating, in the sure and certain knowledge that, as the fiance of a royal princess, your every move will be scrutinized by the media, is the act of a right royal Cad and an absolute Bounder!

If he had wanted to end the engagement there are far more civilized ways than ensuring your soon to be ex fiance suffers the maximum public humiliation. Good grief, even breaking up by text is cleaner than what he did!

Although Jonas will most likely not be part of the royal inner circle I believe he and Madeleine will eventually become "friends" so they will be able to meet in the future and be civilized toward each other.
I am sure Madeleine will act like the Princess she is. However, should she choose to shove him in the nearest pond or fountain I am sure the women of Sweden (and not a few men) would cheer heartily and be in no hurry to give him a hand out! Ah well, dreams are free.
Stockholm has a very small upper crust social circle and they will meet again.

Nonetheless, the cad, bounder, scum sucking bottom-dweller, whatever you may call him, will be a little light on invitations this year I should think as in such a small social circle it will be a brave hostess or host to invite both he and any members or close friends of the SRF to the same function any time soon.

All of Princess Madeleine's engagements in June until the wedding have been canceled.

She is going to miss the three pre-wedding receptions in early June, her solo engagement at the 'Astrid Lindgren Prize' ceremony, as well as The National Day.
While I found it perfectly understandable that her trip to Seattle for 'Sweden Week' was canceled immediately after the announcement of the break-up of her engagement, I find this latest decision most ill-advised, to put it mildly.
According to newspapers, Princess Madeleine is currently staying in Miami.

All of Princess Madeleine's engagements in June until the wedding have been canceled.

She is going to miss the three pre-wedding receptions in early June, her solo engagement at the 'Astrid Lindgren Prize' ceremony, as well as The National Day.
While I found it perfectly understandable that her trip to Seattle for 'Sweden Week' was canceled immediately after the announcement of the break-up of her engament, I find this latest decision most ill-advised, to put it mildly.
According to newspapers, Princess Madeleine is currently staying in Miami.

I would agree with you I don't think this will be very well received. It is a real shame she won't attend the pre wedding receptions I'm sure Victoria would have appreciated her sister being there

Is it a absolute must that she miss the most important events? Seattle was understandable, but this is beginning to sound selfish to me. This is an important time for Victoria and Sweden and she is missing it? I don't get it. I've seen weddings get canceled and the people still have to move on with their lives. Madeleine herself needs to move on too. This is silly.

For some reason, I'm really disappointed in her. People go through all kind of things including deaths, divorces, break-ups, financial difficulties, etc. But thats no reason to want to not move on. I think she has it too good. She needs to stop focusing on herself, but on others every once in a while at least.

I would agree with you I don't think this will be very well received. It is a real shame she won't attend the pre wedding receptions I'm sure Victoria would have appreciated her sister being there

I agree, she shouldn’t have canceled all her engagements until the wedding. Maybe minimize the number of engagements, but not eliminate them completely. If she wants to avoid undue focus on herself at the wedding, she needs to be seen on an official engagement beforehand. The press need a certain amount of time to ‘talk it out’ when they first see Madeleine again, and you don’t want that to be just before the bride arrives. Somebody isn’t thinking this through clearly.

So instead of participating in Victoria's receptions for the wedding and so forth. Madeline has decided to vacation in Miami, FL instead?

Interesting.

p.s. maybe she'll met up with her cousin Frederik of Denmark so they can party all their troubles away! :whistling:

I must admit, Florida is thee place to go to have fun. There's tons of theme parks, the beach, cruises, nightlife, etc. But seriously, it's not right to do that. It makes me wonder about the two sisters relationship.

How do you know she is "having fun"? Didn't Victoria come to the States when she needed treatment and they wanted to give her some privacy? And how do you know she's not working for her mother's foundation? Didn't she go to Florida after New York, but before Seattle?

How do you know she is "having fun"? Didn't Victoria come to the States when she needed treatment and they wanted to give her some privacy? And how do you know she's not working for her mother's foundation? Didn't she go to Florida after New York, but before Seattle?

If I read the article correctly it said she was with friends. She could work for Childhood in Stockholm just as much as she can work it in Florida. Going there at this time for work is no excuse. Trust me, it's rare and weird for one to go to Florida without pleasure on the agenda;).

It seems to me that you know as much as I do about the situation, which is absolutely nothing.

It seems to me that you know as much as I do about the situation, which is absolutely nothing.

I agree with you. And even if it's true that she needs time for herself to get over her broken engagement, who are we to criticize her for that. It happened just a few weeks ago. It's absolutely okay to mourn an 8-year-relationship and a 9-month-engagement for a few weeks. I can't see anything selfish with that. It's absolutely understandable, that she's in no mood to take part in some happy pre-wedding events right now. And I think Victoria is the last one to blame her for that. So neither should we.

I never said I knew anything about the situation;). I'm going by what we all know from the articles. Whether anyone likes it or not, if her friends are there then she's most likely going to do something "fun" to help her cope with what happened. I do think it's selfish of her and no one is going to sway me otherwise. I don't care how much pain I'm in, if my sister needs me, then I'll be there. I've heard that Madeleline is spoiled because she's the baby and she likes things her own way. Just this once I think she should be there to support her sister on these once-in-a-lifetime events. There's so many people out there who went through a break-up, etc. But they still have responsibilities. I'm sorry if anyone opinions differ from mine.

Well said CP5, if she was working for in the foundation or something similar the court would have said it so they could have avoid the press speculating on what the princess is doing, and on why did she cancel her presence on the prewedding events.

Daniel Nyhlén from SvenskDam quotes yesterday´s Aftonbladet:
Madeleine is at a wonderful vacation in Miami. She laughs, smiles and enjoys the sun. Aftonbladet published a series of pictures of the princess in the sun, including wearing a bikini. "The Princess has been enjoying the sun and has been seen on some of the city's finest restaurants"
Nyhlén also says that Madeleine knew that the engagement would break up long before the problems were made public.
Madeleine fortsätter sitt lyxiga jetsetliv i Miami - Daniel Nyhléns kungliga blogg - SvenskDam

Thank you LadyFinn. This article confirms what I've been saying. She is having fun. Like I said previously, when people go to Florida, including myself, pleasure is usually on the agenda. I hope Madeleine changes her mind and attends the pre-wedding events. This really isn't the time to soak up the sun.

I actually find Madeleine's actions quite frustrating. I am so happy for Victoria right now because she has waited years for this moment and the spotlight and press should well and truly be on her and Daniel and their love. Now Madeleine is off sunning herself instead of being there for her sister. All the press at the pre wedding receptions will be commenting on Madeleine's absense and not Victoria and the thought of it makes me quite cross. Madeleine needs to think of her sister and come home

Have you never been heartbroken? Have you never had a relationship ending badly? If the answer to both these questions are "no" you can call yourself lucky. Because despite her having fun and smiling, I think Madeleine is still hurting badly and she just tries to forget. And forgetting is better away from home in a new surrounding where nothing can remember you of what happened. Her sisters pre-wedding events would just hurt her. And though I think Victoria will be quiet sad and a little disappointed, that Madeleine won't be there, I think too, that she won't be truly angry with her little sister.

I think, Victoria will have thought about how her feelings were if she was in Madeleines shoes right now and her sisters wedding was coming up. It's the happiest time in Victorias life coming up now, but all the same it will be one of the hardest times for Madeleine. So don't blame her for keeping out of the (hurtful) pre-wedding events and trying to get her heart healt again. It's definitely not selfish. Its just human and understandable. And like I said, Victoria is probably the last one to blame her for that.

I think this here is less about Jonas (and the lack of him in her "new" life) but about the press. ;)
They want a "victim" and I think she isn´t the kind of type for this play.
Further I can imagine she is embarrassed about her poor judgement and angry about the intensive "stalking" by the press in April.

Well, I think it is time to stop feeling sorry for herself and think about others before induldging in another sunny jetset holiday. Most of us can't even take a week off after something hapened in our lives. Even after a funeral we are expected to go back to work immidiately etc. And certainly love troubles have never been a reason for any employer to give days off.

If Madelaine is really so heart broken and her sisters happiness is making her even more so, she might not want to see Victoria for the next 5 years. I mean, after the wedding there will probably be some pregnancies, and just imagine how poor Madde could have had all that too... sigh.

Life isn't always fun, for none of us. Face it, put on a brave face and just go on. There isn't much else you can do.

I actually find Madeleine's actions quite frustrating. I am so happy for Victoria right now because she has waited years for this moment and the spotlight and press should well and truly be on her and Daniel and their love. Now Madeleine is off sunning herself instead of being there for her sister. All the press at the pre wedding receptions will be commenting on Madeleine's absense and not Victoria and the thought of it makes me quite cross. Madeleine needs to think of her sister and come home
I am in total agreement crm. I think Madeleine has been overindulged all her life and someone should have the guts to tell her to Get a Life and stop trying to ruin her sister's wedding!

There. I've said it. Everything revolves around the baby and she's pitching a very public hissy fit. Every pre-wedding event, from shopping to the gala will carry pictures of Victoria alongside Madeleine and a discription of what she is doing instead. Madeleine is either stupid or narcisistic and I personally believe her inner child could do with a jolly good slap!

What is wrong with her parents, what is wrong with the royal spin doctors? This is a no brainer and Madeleine needs to get her butt home and stop being so damned selfish!

Last edited:
ok, I get that she is heartbroken but please, she is a grown up person! Others in her age are equally or even worst heartbroken and they still manage to keep up appearances, and show evey day to work from 9 to 5. In the last months she has missed her father's birthday, Queen Margrethe's birthday and now she is away while the whole family is in a rush about her sister's marriage? She should stay in Sweden until Victoria's wedding and then go wherever she wants. One of the most important aspects of being a royal is keeping up appearances and behaving accordingly. I don't think that she is undignified, but she really shouldn't allow the press focusing on her and her vacations right now. Really, if she reacts like this now, what would it be like if something worse was to come?

This is all ridiculous! I can understand that she may not be in the mood to celebrate Victoria's wedding, but it doesn't really matter because this isn't about her. If my sister were getting married, it wouldn't matter what was going on in my life, I would be there for all the events (although we would certainly have much less grand ones than the SRF), no question! It's as though Madelaine is the only girl who's ever had a broken engagement. I saw a friend go through it last winter and, yes, she was upset, but she went on with her life. Madelaine needs to, too - she's only able to do this because of the spoiled, unrealistic life she leads. My friend had to move on because if she didn't, there wasn't anyone to support her financially - she couldn't afford to spend a couple months sunning herself on the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom