Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 4: June 2005 - January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yennie

Heir Presumptive
City
Skåne
Country
Sweden
From Lena: Here you can share the latest news & pictures on princess Madeleine of Sweden. To read in the old thread go to:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=232161#post232161
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madeleine (and Jonas) celebrated midsummer at the home of Lussan, in Lagnöviken outside the town of Trosa on the east coast.

She and her friends celebrated traditionally and sang songs like "Helan går" and "Tänk om jag hade lilla nubben på ett snöre i halsen". Later on, disco music took over and they danced all night long.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,664501,00.html

Attachments

• madde200.jpg
    madde200.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 3,368
Last edited by a moderator:
Yennie said:
Madeleine (and Jonas) celebrated midsummer at the home of Lussan, in Lagnöviken outside the town of Trosa on the east coast.

She and her friends celebrated traditionally and sang songs like "Helan går" and "Tänk om jag hade lilla nubben på ett snöre i halsen". Later on, disco music took over and they danced all night long.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,664501,00.html

Thank you, Yennie. Finally Expressobladet cares for the Royals at midsummer. Though the RF probably would prefer to be left alone.
I don´t get the title of this song. nubben=booze and snöre=string. But that all together. All I get is, that one probably has to be a little bit drunk to sing such songs (when I was young and the times wild, I sang the most stupid songs under certain "conditions" :D ) but according to your report, they alreaday started in the early evening :rolleyes:

I have seen one of those bodyguards before.

Nice photograph Yennie, I like Princess Madeleine's shirt and top.

At least we know Lussan is still around!

Do anyone know what Lussan is studying at University now?

I meant skirt and top! :D :rolleyes:

Bubbette said:
That outfit makes her look big, and I don't think she is. Weird.

I agree here...must be the fabric. I´m also not sure, if ppl still wear such big belts. But I´m not a fashion-guru...so maybe the fashionistas (e.g. Larzen) know more.
I also don´t like the shirt too much...but it was midsummer, a private thing, so she actually could even jump around in plain white oversized cotton shirts and no one could/should criticise her for that.

Big belts and skirts like that are in style this summer. I think Madeleine is very "fashionaware" and wouldn´t wear things that are "out"...

but I agree, the belt makes her look bigger than she normaly does

I think that this outfit is cute, but the belt is too bold for the outfit. It really draws attention to that part of the body and knowing most women, that's one area where one would not want to draw attention too! :D Usually, those bigger belts are more suited for people who have wider hips. It also works better with darker bottoms, such as jeans.

Cute outfit though! Is midsummer a big event in Sweden? :confused:

Kiwian said:
Cute outfit though! Is midsummer a big event in Sweden? :confused:

It is the biggest event of the Swedish calendar. People have a lot of fun and it is considered the official start to the Swedish summer which, alas, is much too short. Here is a nice little page about the day and what it means to Swedes and other Northerners.

Thank you so much for the information Dennism! Here, we are just informed that that day is a summer soltice and the information usually comes from weather forcasts. Good to know the history!

Yes, the summer solstice. You´re welcome.

Thanks Dennism for the info.
I had always wondered what midsummers was & now I know!

I like her outfit. It makes her look nice and shapely just like a woman should look!

Lena said:
Thank you, Yennie. Finally Expressobladet cares for the Royals at midsummer. Though the RF probably would prefer to be left alone.
I don´t get the title of this song. nubben=booze and snöre=string. But that all together. All I get is, that one probably has to be a little bit drunk to sing such songs (when I was young and the times wild, I sang the most stupid songs under certain "conditions" :D ) but according to your report, they alreaday started in the early evening :rolleyes:

Nubbe should be translated as a small glass of booze, like a tequila shot. The whole song translates into:

"Imagine if I had a small glass of booze on a string around my neck. If I did, I would pull the string up and down so it would feel like I had more than one small glass of booze."

Then you repeat the different sentences over and over again in a funny melody. It is one of my favourite nubbe-songs! In Swedish it sounds A LOT better than in the translation.

I was reading in another thread on the Swedish RF, about their cars, that Madeleine now has increased personal secuirty... did I miss something interesting? Was there a reason why her security was tightend?

Thanks

That outfit definitly makes her look fatter ad te belt doesn't help.The top is acceptable but the skirt...

Cissan said:
Nubbe should be translated as a small glass of booze, like a tequila shot.
Or snaps, English speaker generally know this word.

Cissan said:
Nubbe should be translated as a small glass of booze, like a tequila shot. The whole song translates into:

"Imagine if I had a small glass of booze on a string around my neck. If I did, I would pull the string up and down so it would feel like I had more than one small glass of booze."

Then you repeat the different sentences over and over again in a funny melody. It is one of my favourite nubbe-songs! In Swedish it sounds A LOT better than in the translation.

Thank you for the translation, Cissan. I´ve now a hard time to imagine, in which way this string around the neck should help :D
But nice to see, that Madeleine is following some traditions around midsummer (and isn´t "escaped" ;) )

Just a question...I know if Madeleine married Jonas or anyone for that matter he would not receive a title. I'm pretty sure Madeleine's kids would not receive a title either. But would Madeleine's kids be "higher up" on the social ladder than commoners? I know in Britain Peter and Zara Phillips are "higher up" for lack of a better term. Thanks for answering!

I think Madeleine's husband and kids would have titles, her husband a Duke and the kids maybe H.H Prince whoever, till they are old enough then maybe a duchy title or count/ness or Baron/ness... She is the Kings's daughter, just like the King of Spain's daughter's their husbands have titles too Dukes, most prob the kids will get something in the future and look at the English Royal kids they have tittles even the babies do, Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillp elected for their kids not to have titles that why...

I think Sweden is the same as Belgium where no matter what the sex of the first born they are in line to the throne. Ie. Crown Prince Phillippe for Belgium and Victoria for Sweden. In Belgium, Princess Astrid (the second eldest) is married and has five children. Her children and her husband were granted the title of Prince/Princess of Belgium so I'm thinking it may be the same in Sweden but I guess we'll just have to wait and see really.

lashinka2002 said:
Are the Kings sister's children granted titles?
No, they have no titles from being the King's sister's children. Because of the situation in those days, the King's sisters, except Birgitta, lost their HRH title when they married non-royals.

Princess Birgitta's children are Princes/Princesses of Hohenzollern which comes from their father's side, and Princess Désirée's children are Baron/Baroness Silfverschiöld which also comes from their father's side.

soCal girl said:
Just a question...I know if Madeleine married Jonas or anyone for that matter he would not receive a title. I'm pretty sure Madeleine's kids would not receive a title either. But would Madeleine's kids be "higher up" on the social ladder than commoners? I know in Britain Peter and Zara Phillips are "higher up" for lack of a better term. Thanks for answering!
We will have to wait and see, it's in the King's discretion to decide. It will be quite a new situation.

Has someone seen the paper edition of Aftonbladet from yesterday (maybe Tuesday). In it there should be pics of Madeleine shopping in St. Tropez. I wonder, if these pics are new. Maybe someone could get the edition from yesterday (neighbours or at work)? :)

Lena said:
Has someone seen the paper edition of Aftonbladet from yesterday (maybe Tuesday). In it there should be pics of Madeleine shopping in St. Tropez. I wonder, if these pics are new. Maybe someone could get the edition from yesterday (neighbours or at work)? :)
I dont think there was any photos from St Tropez in Aftonbladet yesterday, but perhaps it was on tuesday? Anyone??

I have checked the online-issues every day this week, but I couldn't find anything. I think if there are any new stories about Princess Madeleine they would be published online...at least this is how it works in the past.

There was an article about the royal couple in St Maxime yesterday, and about the fires. Perhaps its them you´re thinking of Lena?

Yennie said:
There was an article about the royal couple in St Maxime yesterday, and about the fires. Perhaps its them you´re thinking of Lena?

This is the post, I´m refering to:
http://forums.rbhq.net/showpost.php?p=81257&postcount=1

I´ve asked AnnaLisa, if the pics of Madeleine in St.Tropez were new...but I haven´t gotten an answer so far.
Actually it would surprise me a bit, when CG, Silvia, Madeleine and Jonas would be at the same time around St. Tropez...but who knows.

In accordance with our new policy regarding copyrighted material (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=239931#post239931) - please remember:

- When posting pictures, provide the source for them
- When posting articles, only post the headline and the first lines of the story followed by a link to the article
- If you post an article in another language than English, provide a translation or a summary (entire articles may be posted if they are translated)

If you don’t know the language in the article you want translated, ask someone for help to summarize or translate.

Thank you for cooperation and respect for our policy

GrandDuchess, as Super Moderator

The latest photo of Madeleine: riding on Öland yesterday, saturday July 9th
scanned from Expressen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom