Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 1: November 2002 - November 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the other girl in the pictures is a student assigned to show Madeline around or if they were already friends? Does anyone recognise her?

Originally posted by samitude@Jan 22nd, 2003 - 4:19 pm
I wonder if the other girl in the pictures is a student assigned to show Madeline around or if they were already friends? Does anyone recognise her?
that is her best friend Lussan, she was with Madeleine in London to

Swedish princess wants out of parents' house

from http://story.news.yahoo.com

STOCKHOLM, Sweden - Princess Madeleine doesn't have any problems with her parents, she just wants a home of her own.

Madeleine, 20, the youngest of three children, told Swedish tabloid Expressen she's trying to persuade King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia she needs her own place to live.

"I don't know if mom and dad are very happy about it," the princess was quoted Wednesday after her first day as an art student at Stockholm University. "They want to keep me for a while longer."

"Slowly but surely I'm trying to make them understand," Madeleine said.

Royal Court spokeswoman Ann-Christine Jernberg wouldn't comment on the princess' moving plans but said "that is a discussion that all parents have."

The royal family has lived in Drottningholm palace, just outside Stockholm, since 1981. The palace was built in 1662.

Unlike older sister Crown Princess Victoria, 25, who is being groomed as the next monarch of the nation of 8.9 million, Madeleine and her older brother, Prince Carl Philip, 23, can choose their own career.

Carl Philip finished officer training in the Swedish army last month and will study graphic design in the spring. Victoria will take part in a three-week military course in Sweden followed by conflict resolution studies in Washington.

Madeleine, who has studied law, computer science and English, said she enrolled in art science because "it felt right."

She said she tried "not to be noticed" during the first day of class, sneaking quietly into the auditorium

from

Ok, if she said that herself then it is art science. I didn't know

Madde laughing at something....

Unfortunately, my host does not allow remote-linking, so I made this little page:

Madeleine laughing.

Since the pictures did not show up, I will post a slightly old article about the paparazzi attention she received while in London.

Princess Flees Paparazzi

Princess Madeleine of Sweden, who has been studying English in London, has
returned home because of incessant attention from the paparazzi, the Swedish
royal palace said yesterday.

The 19-year-old Princess, who lived in Chelsea, found the pressure of living
under the constant gaze of the press "extremely tough" to handle.

Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, a palace spokesman, said: "She has returned to
Stockholm. One of the reasons, one of the main reasons, was the paparazzi."

Another spokesman said: "It was very difficult with the photographers."

The sporty Princess, the youngest child of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen
Silvia, who is third in line to the throne, had been living in London since
last autumn. In general, the Swedish public and media respect the privacy of
their royal family, and as a result they are often seen on the streets of
Stockholm out shopping, in cafes or on the town with friends.

However, freelance photographers are able to sell pictures of the Princess to
a variety of European publications, including the Spanish magazine Hola!.

She had left open the possibility of returning to Britain while spending the
Christmas holidays in Stockholm, but now seems to have decided not to return.

Princess Madeleine was sharing the home of a family friend and told a Swedish
newspaper that she wanted to "live like a normal girl". She added: "I've been
to England a couple of times before and have always been comfortable...I've
always wanted to go abroad, to get to know other cultures and try new things."

In an attempt to control the press interest in her while she was in Britain,
the Princess agreed to meet journalists at the Swedish Embassy in London a few
weeks after she arrived. She said that she hoped to be granted relative
anonymity from then on.

Copyright © The Times, 2002

This is dated Jan 10, 2002.

Here is a little blurb I found while reading some articles....

Sweden

The stress of being in the public eye has taken its toll on a series of Swedish princesses. For several years in the Nineties, Crown Princess Victoria was criticised in the press for being overweight - with one magazine accusing her of having "eaten too many hamburgers". Eventually, in 1997, the King and Queen announced that the 20-year-old heir to the throne was suffering from an eating disorder. More recently, her sister, Princess Madeleine, returned home from studying in London last month, complaining that coping with the paparazzi was "extremely tough".

--Excerpt from "And we think the Windsors are bad... ; Try as they might, the British royals can't seem to keep up with their fast-living European cousins," says Katy Guest
The Independent; London (UK); Feb 8, 2002; Katy Guest;

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this on http://www.geocities.com/madde_pof/

Madde's first day in school [Aftonbladet]

Today was Madeleine's first day in school. She is now studying "History of Arts", level A and B, at Stockholm University. Swedish press met Madde at her first day in school and had a chat with her.
Madeleine's best friend, Louise Gottlieb, is taking the same course as Madde, but according to the princess, it wasn't planned that they would study together. "But it is nice to have someone you know with you", Madeleine says.
The other students taking the course are of course excited about having a princess in the class, but Madde says that there actually weren't so many looking at her, and that she tries to keep a low profile.
So, what does she think about taking this course? "I have been interested in this subject for a long time, and with help from my mentor Lena (Ramel) I have found a course that I think is really good. It feels really good to know what I'm going to do for some time now and to have a goal.
Madeleine also said that she wants to get her own place and leave Drottningholm Palace, but she reckons that her mother and father aren't too excited about this idea, and that she will have to wait some more.

madeleine with her mother in germany ; was this 2001?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,537
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,341
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,326
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 2,246
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,931
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,289
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,411
1 to 4) 1998-12-21

5) 6/6 1998

6, 7) 20 august 1998 back to school

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,372
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,294
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,195
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,300
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,288
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,366
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,464
1 to 7) 6/6 1998

8) 6/6 1998

9, 10) 1999-12-30 IBL

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1,254
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,275
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,314
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 2,868
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,260
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,249
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,232
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,232
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,363
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,439
madeleines class photo. 2001-06-01

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,473
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,691
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 7,708
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,820
Here is an image I scanned a couple of weeks ago. It is from Royalty magazine Volume 17, no. 5.

Attachments

• maddecloseup.jpg
    maddecloseup.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 1,554

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 499
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 508
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 511
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 532
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 379
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 911
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 467
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 396
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,061
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 431

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 428
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,660
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 436
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,209
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,021
----------

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,238
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,048
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,038
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,195
Hello! Can you please post pictures of Madeleine when she was the age around 15-17 thanks very much in advance!! Also, you have a great message board, thanks.

Natasha

Hello, Natasha! Thank you for the compliment. :)

I will try to find some pics of Madeleine aged 15-17. ;)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 304
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 277
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 378
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 306
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 366
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 378
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 559
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 410
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,534
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 516
Find out the latest news, gossip and see the latest pictures.
Always give the source.

Basic facts about Madeleine
facts taken from www.royalcourt.se

Madeleine Thérèse Amelie Josephine, Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland, was born on June 10, 1982 at Drottningholm Palace.
Princess Madeleine is the youngest child of His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf and Her Majesty Queen Silvia. She has a sister, Crown Princess Victoria, born on July 14, 1977 and a brother, Prince Carl Philip, born on May 13, 1979.

In accordance with the 1979 Act of Succession, which entered into force on January 1, 1980, Princess Madeleine is third in the line of succession, next to Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip.
During the period 1985-89, Princess Madeleine attended the Västerled parish pre-school. In the autumn of 1989, she started school at Smedslättsskolan in Bromma, which she attended at junior level. For the intermediate level, the Princess attended Carlssons skola in Stockholm and went on to senior level studies at Enskilda Gymnasiet in Stockholm.
Princess Madeleine was confirmed in the summer of 1997 at Vadstena Church, after confirmation studies in Medevi.
The Princess passed her senior level examination in the summer of 2001 and during the autumn of 2001, the Princess followed a study program in the United Kingdom. During the spring of 2002, the Princess attended a course in law at Folkuniversitetet in Stockholm, studied for an ECDL, European Computer Driving License, and continued with horse back riding.
During the autumn 2002 the Princess will go through an introduction in modern architecture, design, art and advertising to prepare her for coming studies in History of Art at the University.

During her leisure time the Princess enjoys riding, skiing and other forms of outdoor life.

I thought that I would start the thread with the latest news.
That's from late January, when she started school at Stockholm University. She will take a course of 40 p - that's a year. The course is science of art

pictures from www.polfoto.dk

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 372
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 463
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 769
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 415
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 336
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 462
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 949
So now we are waiting for some fresh news about the princess.
If someone have any news please post them.

I thought that I could post the results on LTR ongoing poll

Who do you think is a perfect husband for Princess Madeleine

Prince William...................[ 16 ]......[64.00%]
Crown Prince Felipe..........[ 3 ]........[12.00%]
Prince Guillaume...............[ 1 ]........[4.00%]
Prince Nikolaus.................[ 1 ]........[4.00%]
Crown Prince Frederik......[ 4 ]........[16.00%]
Erik Granath......................[ 0 ].......[0.00%]

For those who haven't yet voted please do - here is the link

vote here

---
from www.expresse.se

Madeleine with new boyfriend Jonas Bergström, 24 - law student

Expresen asked if Jonas was officially her boyfriend, she replied with - We had a nice time.

They have been in Åre for a week now.

There has been said that Jonas and the princess first was good friend but now they are an item. (not officially) she met Jonas after her break with Erik

---
some facts about Jonas from www.expressen.se

Jonas is her third "official" boyfriend.
First boyfriend according to expressen was Mattias Trotzig - during spring 2001
Then it was Erik Granat - it was ended late 2002
And now there is Jonas.

He is a law student and is on his fourth term in school.

pic of Jonas

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,120
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 827
here´s one more pic...

and one more...

taken in april 1996

Attachments

• Madde_midsommar.jpg
    Madde_midsommar.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 449
  • orange_96.jpg
    orange_96.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 384
Madeleine and her boyfriend Jonas is on skiingholiday in Åre together and Expressen met the when the couple did some shopping in central Åre...
----

in english:

Madeleine and her boyfriend Jonas is on skiingholiday in Åre together and Expressen met the when the couple did some shopping in central Åre...

We´ve had a great time!

Madeleine and her love Jonas Bergström is walking close together
They are on a secret holiday.
When Expressen asks the princess if Jonas is her new boyfriend she just smile and says:
- We´ve had a great time.
The couple has spent a whole week in Åre. They´re
staying in the royal familys cottage in Storlien but every day they have been skiing in Åre.

Now they are on their way back to Stockholm but before depature they´re doing some last minute shopping.
- Lets have lunch, Jonas says to his Madeleine.

When Madeleine sees the reporter from Expressen she smiles and says hello.
- How was your holiday?
Great! Madeleine says. We have just relaxed and skied alot. Now we´re going to met some friends of ours.

After Madeleines breakup with Erik Granath she was single for a few months. But then she met Jonas, a 23 year old lawstudent.

Madeleine laughts when she´s asked about how serious it is between her and Jonas.
- Hmm, she says and smile

- Its so beautiful here in Åre, says Madeleine and gets in her car and drive of with Jonas.

The holiday is over...for this time

Attachments

• c4c09512.jpg
    c4c09512.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 969
I think that Jonas looks much more likable than Erik. Hopefully she has a good time with him and doesn't end up with him like she did with Erik

Originally posted by cosh@Mar 5th, 2003 - 1:57 pm
I think that Jonas looks much more likable than Erik. Hopefully she has a good time with him and doesn't end up with him like she did with Erik
I´m with you on this one.
Hope for better pictures of him soon.

March 16
Madeleine will attend a service at Slottskyrkan "church" at the Royal Castle, because she is the duchess of Gästrikland and Hälsingland

source www.royalcourt.se

Take a look at Ritvas site and you will find these week magazines from Germany, Sweden, France and Spain.
All Swedish related articles she has put up on her site.

Here is the address ritvas page here

There are some German articles about Madeleine and William

Yes, there are lots of Articles about them in German magazines. But please keep in mind that the German magazines are world champions in writing stories that are absolutely not true. And thats not only concerning articles about william and madeleine, you often see magazines in Germany which have "Corrections" on the covers because they wrote some crap (i think thats the only word describing that properly :D) and the one they wrote about complained.
So don't believe German magazines! :D

Originally posted by cosh@Mar 8th, 2003 - 2:18 pm
Yes, there are lots of Articles about them in German magazines. But please keep in mind that the German magazines are world champions in writing stories that are absolutely not true. And thats not only concerning articles about william and madeleine, you often see magazines in Germany which have "Corrections" on the covers because they wrote some crap (i think thats the only word describing that properly :D) and the one they wrote about complained.
So don't believe German magazines! :D
That's true, but way can they write the stuff, that can't be legal
How can a German magazine article be written? Do they say in the end - this is not true;
Do you understand what I'm asking?

Yes, I think I do.
In one case, they wrote something like: "Prince William has a new girlfirend: A German princess!!" They wrote a whole story, spiced it up with photo compositions and and all that stuff . When the princess they were writing about read that, she demanded a counterstatement like: In issue xxx you wrote that I'm the new girlfriend of Prince William. Concerning that I state: I'm not the new Girlfriend of Prince William" After that, the editorial office admits. " Thats true. We apologize for that"
They are obligated to print these counterstatements, and often they're on the cover pages.
I know that this is weird, but I've seen that quite often. Most people soon give up making counterstatements, because it's wasted time. Next issue they'll again write something that's not true. :(

In some cases, magazines get sued for writing wrong things. Our chancellor did so, he sued the "Bild", the most famous German tabloid for writing a story about him coloring his hair. But by doing that he only made that story more popular.

:rolleyes: What type of grades has madeleine made through out her acedemic carrer? Has she had braces? Does she or victoria have any medical problems?

Thanks much :D
:heart:

Originally posted by NaAnLi@Mar 18th, 2003 - 2:49 am
:rolleyes: What type of grades has madeleine made through out her acedemic carrer? Has she had braces? Does she or victoria have any medical problems?

Thanks much :D
:heart:
Madeleine had good grades in "high school"

medical problems are not given away i think that the royal family feels that is too private information

no braces what I know of.

Hey, I found this article linked at this message board, and I'm wondering if anyone here can translate it. It is from Aftenposten. It's about two Swedish comedians making fun of Princess Madeleine, and the Swedish court not liking it and therefore taking action. Sorry if someone posted this before.

Thanks in advance...any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom