Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family, General News 2: June 2015 - Sept 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From web gossip magazine Stoppa pressarna
Chris O'Neill challenged Madeleine's ex Jonas Bergström on an alcohol duel.
In an attempt to outdo their opponents the guys ordered out large amounts of alcohol to eachother. All in front of a delighted princess at the pub.

Madeleine and Chris along with Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb and some other friends visited French restaurant Bardot in central Stockholm. They got one of the better tables where Madeleine specifically wanted to sit with her face towards the room.
- This evening, she wanted to be seen. She was in great spirits, says one of the other guests.
Madeleine's entourage was surprised when they suddenly saw that her ex-fiance Jonas Bergström had dinner at the restaurant with a group of friends. The situation was anything but funny. It's no secret that Chris can not tolerate Jonas. And now they were at the same restaurant. Other guests in the room had discovered the same thing and wondered what would happen.
But a physical confrontation never took place. Chris chose a different strategy when he instead challenged Jonas at an alcohol duel. When Chris found out that Jonas was in the room, he ordered a plate of shots and sent it over to Jonas and his friends.
Jonas, somewhat surprised, responded by sending back a lot of vodka shots, topped with limoncello.
Then the big booze fight was going on. In about an hour, the staff ran with shot trays while the two groups were trying to outdo each other.
- We were quite surprised at how wild it was. Madeleine looked delighted when she drank. Chris swept shot after shot and then ordered more spirits to Jonas' gang, says an eye witness.
It is unclear if any winner in the wild alcohol fight was found, but Stoppa pressarna's sources tell that it was a very happy princess who left with Chris the restaurant just before closing.
Så utmanade Chris Madeleines ex-kille på krogen _ Stoppa Pressarna

that seems like strange behaviour by chris and jonas. sending drinks over to a table would be something someone would do to a close friend - not to someone they despise. my thoughts is that madeleine and chris would try their best to ignore jonas, and not acknowledge his presence, rather than engage in a 'drink duel'. and even if it happened, i would find it hard to believe madeleine would approve of the behaviour, let alone partake in the drinking.

I recognize the street - It's Pimlico Road in Belgravia.

Actually I believe it is Kings Rd- that is where Joe & the Juice is located.

in some pictures it says 'ebury street' in the street name sign. there's also a number 11 bus which circulates between ebury st and pimlico st (and a sign for the shop called 'david thomas london'), so i guess that is where the picture was taken.

I checked the link LadyFinn posted and once again no pictures nor a video this eye witness took with his/her smartphone of the "drinking event". Just some old pictures but nothing to show-prove that this colorfully described story actually did happen! I wonder why?
This story sounds like a mud slinging towards Madeleine, Chris and Jonas. It sounds like a very strange behaviour by them. They are grownups and have more sense and class to act like this in public!
It is very sad that gossip magazines too often publish all kind of untruths and slander about royals, public figures without anything to back up their words. Perhaps some people like to read about this kind of stories but for me...quite honestly I feel dirty and I'm sorry that by clicking on the link, in a way I helped to spread the filth. I find this kind of stories distasteful but how much worse those people must feel who are the victims of this kind of gossip? It makes me sad for them :sad:

I fully agree with what Mari-Anne said and I find this story really absurd.
"Stoppa Pressarna" is very much known for its negative take towards Madeleine though, so I'm not really surprised by the content.

:previous: Oh dear. :huh: I thought it was a bit of fun, and in no way saw it as a negative towards anyone. Made me think they are more friendly than people think, but then, I know nothing at all about any of them. Okay. ;)

:previous: Oh dear. :huh: I thought it was a bit of fun, and in no way saw it as a negative towards anyone. Made me think they are more friendly than people think, but then, I know nothing at all about any of them. Okay. ;)

Lady Nimue, I didn't want to hurt your feelings in any way. Sorry if it sounded like this :flowers:
I'm just mad at the "Stoppa Pressarna" who constantly write all kind of dirt aobut Chris and Madeleine, yet, they never show some kind of proof to back up their stories (like in this case some photos or video taken by the "eye witness". I really find it hard to believe that he/she do not own smartphone!).

And as "Stoppa Pressarna" has previously written many times that Chris is heavy drinker and he has alcohol problem, then this "alcohol duel" story was not meant as something funny but once again to demean him :ermm: But in a way they failed because people found this story funny instead :) [although I still seriously doubt that anything like this happened in real]

Last edited:
:previous: Feelings not hurt. No worries. :flowers: I still think it's (delightfully) funny. ;)

BTW it sounds like something one of the servers witnessed. Doubt they would take pictures (during working), or worse, video, to 'prove' the story. What would we be coming to if we have to have video to 'prove' our personal experience? :sad:

But I really don't know, as I say. True or not it brings a chuckle and does not reflect badly (I think).

To each our own, not so? :flowers:

LadyNimue, I didn't know if your post was in reference to mine, or not. Sorry:flowers:

I'm glad that you saw the "drinking challenge" report as funny, given how "Stoppa Pressarna" like spinning bad gossip and snark about Chris and Madeleine.:flowers:

Mari-Anne & Marty91charmed - Thanks for clueing us in as to "Stoppa Pressarna's" reputation. When I first read the story I thought that, if true, those actions were pretty immature. Funny, but immature. ;) Thanks for putting it into perspective!

:previous: Feelings not hurt. No worries. :flowers: I still think it's (delightfully) funny. ;)

BTW it sounds like something one of the servers witnessed. Doubt they would take pictures (during working), or worse, video, to 'prove' the story. What would we be coming to if we have to have video to 'prove' our personal experience? :sad:

But I really don't know, as I say. True or not it brings a chuckle and does not reflect badly (I think).

To each our own, not so? :flowers:
I think it is a hoot as well.

I don't know if Stoppa Pressarna has it out for Madeleine and Chris per se - they also posted recent stories about Sofia's visible bra and Victoria becoming a homebody.

Most of their stories are pulled from other tabloids and then they amp it up even more and add pictures.

ETA:
Uh oh Stoppa Pressarna does have another story, De okända festbilderna på Chris O'Neill | Stoppa Pressarna – Kungligheter – Kungafamiljen – Svensk Damtidning – Prinsessan Madeleine – Kronprinsessan Victoria

Here are the unknown party images on Chris O'Neill

Chris O'Neill is known to appreciate the good life at the pub.
Several independent sources at Stureplan says the same thing:
- He always wants to be king in the bar!

Most of the pictures are old, which becomes very obvious when the pictures with a very blond Madeleine appear.

Last edited:
I think it is a hoot as well.

Thank you, Queen Claude. :flowers: Not to belabor the point, but I recall something similar being done with some of my German friends, and I will not go into a Greek wedding I was at. Oh la! The things we do! :cool:

I thought it was a slap to Madeleine about her taste in men. If indeed this "drinking contest" complete with "shots" did take place, it is both infantile and dangerous. The little comment about Madeleine looking delighted as she drank infers that she too was slugging back the shots as well. Not a good look for a Princess of Sweden in a public restaurant.

The kids are just darling - and getting so big! :)

Lovely, though I cannot help but feel sorry for them for the intrusion they constantly face even when they are not out on royal duties.

London is paparazzi country, there are lots of photographers out there anyway for much more famous people (nobody in London knows of a swedish princess) so my guess is that the swedish tabloids only employ those who are around anyway to take pictures because its lucrative.

Prince Nicolas has grown so much, he's nearly as tall as princess Leonore. Its nice when siblings are close of age and can play together. So much more fun.
Its quite surprising how often we see [new] pictures of princess Madeleine and her family in London. They wanted some peace and quiet in there but instead they are being photographed nearly every week. I guess it would be more quiet and peaceful to live in Stockholm ;)

The frequent pap pictures of Madeleine and family blows the "post pictures of your family often and the paps will leave you alone" myth to pieces.

They have an official life in Sweden and lost any privacy.

The difference is that in Sweden everyone knows them while in London nobody does except the occasional pap now & then.

Hmm, is this true? I don't live in Sweden, I have nothing to do with the country and have no Swedish friends at all - but I am interested in their royal family and always enjoy new pics.

Why should the Londoners think different? There will also live some people who like news about foreign royalty and some don't.

On topic - the pictures are lovely. Number 6 is the first one I see the kids interact. Very cute!

Svensk Damtidning writes, that Chris was seen today walking with count Jacob Cronstedt in Stockholm. They passed the Royal Dramatic Theatre and went to Stureplan. Margareta Thorgren, the director of the press department, confirmed that Chris is today in Stockholm for a business meeting and that Madeleine has stayed in London.
Vi avslöjar – Chris O’Neill i Stockholm utan Madeleine _ Svensk Damtidning

London is paparazzi country, there are lots of photographers out there anyway for much more famous people (nobody in London knows of a swedish princess) so my guess is that the swedish tabloids only employ those who are around anyway to take pictures because its lucrative.

To me, the source of the paps is not the issue, it is the fact that this family cannot go about their daily life without being photographed.

To me, the source of the paps is not the issue, it is the fact that this family cannot go about their daily life without being photographed.

Very often, that's the price public people with enourmous privileges have to pay.

I don't know why it should be such a disadvantage for them to be photographed in private-at least everybody can see how happy they are.....:whistling:
Wonder whether they know when being photographed

I don't know why it should be such a disadvantage for them to be photographed in private - at least everybody can see how happy they are.....:whistling:

Wonder whether they know when being photographed

I guarantee you (or at least imo) they are aware (likely at all times when it is happening). :sad: I'd ask that you do a 'thought-experiment'. Imagine that from the moment you step outside your home to do anything, there will be people video-taping and snapping pictures, totally randomly, you never know when or where. You have not dressed for the occasion, nor are you given heads-up regarding any angle they might be shooting you, and once they've located you, they could then follow you. Imagine it, day-in, day-out. Would you like it? How would it impact your sense of privacy and well-being?

I disagree that it's a 'price' that 'must' be paid for fame or 'perks'. :neutral:

I guarantee you (or at least imo) they are aware (likely at all times when it is happening). :sad: I'd ask that you do a 'thought-experiment'. Imagine that from the moment you step outside your home to do anything, there will be people video-taping and snapping pictures, totally randomly, you never know when or where. You have not dressed for the occasion, nor are you given heads-up regarding any angle they might be shooting you, and once they've located you, they could then follow you. Imagine it, day-in, day-out. Would you like it? How would it impact your sense of privacy and well-being?

I disagree that it's a 'price' that 'must' be paid for fame or 'perks'. :neutral:
I agree this can be quite intrusive. I don't buy the argument that if your father is a monarch, you have no right to privacy when you are out and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom