Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family, General News 2: June 2015 - Sept 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smoking is bad and unhealthy, that's a given, but I am always a bit baflfed that this bad habit is always considered as a mortal sin or whatever.

I know..I've never smoked in my life...and I get tired of people harping about those who smoke. Live and let live.

LaRae

I certainly agree with live and let live. I have many bad habits but it's just when you see a princess standing on a street corner with a cigarette in her hand, it shatters the image. Like I said, it makes her look common.

I know..I've never smoked in my life...and I get tired of people harping about those who smoke. Live and let live.

LaRae

I don't smoke either and I am against smoking, but there are worse vices and it gets tiresome reading everytime there's a pic with a cigarette how bad it is,etc. :bang: I got that, the universe knows.

Chris looks his usual scruffy self, overweight and if he had one or too glasses too many, the ciggie only adds to that. I'm sure Madeleine has hardly ever stopped smoking, maybe during pregnancy. We all know what cigarettes do to people's looks, there is a good example in the family, Aunt Birgitta.

I always thought Chris looked scruffy and unkempt even on their wedding day - he lacks polish or anything and frankly comes across common.
Id say the only time (if even) that Madeleine gave up smoking was when she was pregnant but even then some woman don't completely.
I do feel for them they seem to get papped quite a bit in their life in London something i thought they didn't want - is this swedish paps or english ones?

I certainly agree with live and let live. I have many bad habits but it's just when you see a princess standing on a street corner with a cigarette in her hand, it shatters the image. Like I said, it makes her look common.

She's no different than any other person. Don't you get that yet? We are all common...it's man made class systems that are ridiculous. Tons of smokers in the world. Smoking doesn't make one common...there's no such thing.

She's a human being, period.

LaRae

1. What date was the last pics of them both in some "tender" interaction (holding hands f.i.)?
2. I have the feeling that people are tolerant with smokers but not with overweight persons, particularly when they are females.....:whistling:
3. I find it quite impolite/bad behaviour to yawn infront of another person without covering your mouth even (or particularly!) If it's "only" your wife.....

Really? I suppose he's not allowed to scratch or fart in front of her either...might offend her delicate sensibilities.

As far as the overweight thing goes...can't even remember how many times people here have commented about Chris's weight. Seems like there's equal opportunity criticism of weight here.

LaRae

Really? I suppose he's not allowed to scratch or fart in front of her either...might offend her delicate sensibilities.

As far as the overweight thing goes...can't even remember how many times people here have commented about Chris's weight. Seems like there's equal opportunity criticism of weight here.

LaRae

Chris is not obese, probably just slightly overweight using the BMI measure. In fact, he matches the body type of most middle-aged men in the United States or the United Kingdom, both of which are not particularly known for having a slim and fit adult population. Yes, he looks bloated in the pictures, but the thick winter jacket he was wearing didn't help in that respect.

LaRae
I don't smoke either and I am against smoking, but there are worse vices and it gets tiresome reading everytime there's a pic with a cigarette how bad it is,etc. :bang: I got that, the universe knows.
Having been a heavy smoker in my younger days, I promised myself that should I manage to kick the habit I would not become one of those awful, strident, born-again non-smokers.

I did manage and my home has some very lovely crystal ashtrays. Mostly I use them for keys but, should a guest be a smoker, I would never ask them to step outside to smoke, especially during winter. Air conditioning filters the air and there are all sorts of candles, infusers, etc. to take care of a short-term problem.

Oh yes, my mother always said that a woman on the street with a cigarette in her hand looked just plain common. So I find myself relating an incident that occurred here in Christchurch NZ when smoking in the workplace became (very stridently) legally taboo.

A visiting international businessman remarked to my brother in the city that we had the best dressed streetwalkers he'd every seen. Bro looked around, the penny dropped and he informed his guest that rather than ladies of the night, they were office workers of all levels nipping out for a cigarette on the footpath!

I guess how we see people from different milieu is all part of our upbringing and our personal bias.

I'm less concerned about the smoking (I never have but I grew up around smokers) but more with their faces and "body language" in the first set. My thought was that here is a couple who aren't particularly pleased to be there with each other. They look bored.

Smoking is bad and unhealthy, that's a given, but I am always a bit baflfed that this bad habit is always considered as a mortal sin or whatever.

Well, I think it's a 'mortal sin' if you do it in public in close proximity to other people. They shouldn't be forced to breathe second-hand smoke, just because someone selfish wants their nicotine fix.

Also, as corny as it sounds, you got to think of the children. C&M should only continue with their vice if they're comfortable with their kids taking up smoking, too.

Teens whose parents were current smokers and addicted to nicotine were 10 times more likely to themselves become regular smokers at an early age or to experiment early on with cigarettes than kids with nonsmoking parents.

The longer parents smoke, the more likely their kids will, too: study | Reuters

So yes, people are free to have their bad habits, as long as they're legal. But when these bad habits impact other people things aren't so cut and dry.

Last edited:
She's no different than any other person. Don't you get that yet? We are all common...it's man made class systems that are ridiculous. Tons of smokers in the world. Smoking doesn't make one common...there's no such thing.She's a human being, period.

Have to agree. :flowers: Nothing about smoking seems 'common' per se. Maybe not smart? maybe weak? (as a couple of friends lament). I can go with that, but we all have our little vices to smooth the way. Plus if one of them becomes a non-smoker it becomes hard as a couple in the house. Has to be both or one will slip, and maybe that's what's happening in the picture. Never know. She might be keeping him company.

1. What date was the last pics of them both in some "tender" interaction (holding hands f.i.)?

Why would we want to see them doing that? :cool: Just wondering. They know the paps are around, why give them the satisfaction, even were they inclined at their stage of the game. JMO.

I'm less concerned about the smoking (I never have but I grew up around smokers) but more with their faces and "body language" in the first set. My thought was that here is a couple who aren't particularly pleased to be there with each other. They look bored.

Interesting, I saw a real moment between them in the first two-three pictures, especially the first and second one. Very sweet (in my book) how he was absorbed in what she was saying. (I scented the look of love). After the first two-three pictures it looks like they got wind of the photographer and started to disengage, always with an awareness of the photographer. Maybe not but that's what I 'see'. :flowers:

Last edited:
I find it strange I have been thinking about smoking and realize no one I know smokes anymore. You don't see people smoking anymore it's just not done.

Well, I think it's a 'mortal sin' if you do it in public in close proximity to other people. They shouldn't be forced to breathe second-hand smoke, just because someone selfish wants their nicotine fix.

Also, as corny as it sounds, you got to think of the children. C&M should only continue with their vice if they're comfortable with their kids taking up smoking, too.

Teens whose parents were current smokers and addicted to nicotine were 10 times more likely to themselves become regular smokers at an early age or to experiment early on with cigarettes than kids with nonsmoking parents.

So yes, people are free to have their bad habits, as long as they're legal. But when these bad habits impact other people things aren't so cut and dry.

Exactly. They are bad examples to their children, its not that you smoke outside and after that all is gone. They smell of cigarettes etc and maybe they only smoked outside because the restaurant did not allow it inside, and they smoke at home inside all the time, exposing their children.

Interesting, I saw a real moment between them in the first two-three pictures, especially the first and second one. Very sweet (in my book) how he was absorbed in what she was saying. (I scented the look of love). After the first two-three pictures it looks like they got wind of the photographer and started to disengage, always with an awareness of the photographer. Maybe not but that's what I 'see'. :flowers:

Must be annoying to not even be able to grab a little bite to eat without people make photos of you, and then half the world commenting on it

I find it strange I have been thinking about smoking and realize no one I know smokes anymore. You don't see people smoking anymore it's just not done.

Smoking has been declining in the US, but it is still very common in Europe. Even worse, many European countries do not have (or do not enforce ?) smoking bans in public spaces. It is really awful: you may be sitting in a café outside (or, in Eastern Europe, even inside) and someone starts blowing deadly second-hand smoke in your face.

You must live in some sort of Utopia then. People smoke all over the world. I've never been anywhere in the US where you don't find smokers.

Pretty sure Europe has it share of real live people that smoke too, other than Chris and Maddie.

I'd say it's still very much 'done'. Even if you don't know anyone doing it.

LaRae

Exactly. They are bad examples to their children, its not that you smoke outside and after that all is gone. They smell of cigarettes etc and maybe they only smoked outside because the restaurant did not allow it inside, and they smoke at home inside all the time, exposing their children.

Lots of parents are 'bad examples' or do things others consider 'bad'. I'm not so sure very many of us could stand the public scrutiny either.

If the worse thing Chris and Maddie ever do as parents is smoke, those kids are coming out ahead of the game.

LaRae

You must live in some sort of Utopia then. People smoke all over the world. I've never been anywhere in the US where you don't find smokers.

Pretty sure Europe has it share of real live people that smoke too, other than Chris and Maddie.

I'd say it's still very much 'done'. Even if you don't know anyone doing it.

LaRae

What can I say I can't remember the last time I saw anyone smoking its band from almost everywhere so guess I do live in some sort of Utopia. Anyway this is way off topic

Having been a heavy smoker in my younger days, I promised myself that should I manage to kick the habit I would not become one of those awful, strident, born-again non-smokers.

I did manage and my home has some very lovely crystal ashtrays. Mostly I use them for keys but, should a guest be a smoker, I would never ask them to step outside to smoke, especially during winter. Air conditioning filters the air and there are all sorts of candles, infusers, etc. to take care of a short-term problem.

Oh yes, my mother always said that a woman on the street with a cigarette in her hand looked just plain common. So I find myself relating an incident that occurred here in Christchurch NZ when smoking in the workplace became (very stridently) legally taboo.

A visiting international businessman remarked to my brother in the city that we had the best dressed streetwalkers he'd every seen. Bro looked around, the penny dropped and he informed his guest that rather than ladies of the night, they were office workers of all levels nipping out for a cigarette on the footpath!

I guess how we see people from different milieu is all part of our upbringing and our personal bias.

Everyone has theri personal reasons, views and takes. I just think that repeating all the time how bad smoking is and how "common" the royals look like with a cig is just running in circles.:flowers:

I agree with you on that. My father is a heavy smoker but neither me or my sister smoke. He often smokes outside and we rarely get into contact with the nicotine he smokes. Still I get quite irritated when people smoke around me, even if they are allowed to do so.

What I wanted to say is that it is not use to write the same things anytime pics of a royal smoking emerge.

Its pretty funny how easy it is to judge people you do not know and your judgement is based on some papparazzi pictures. These pictures of smoking Madeleine and Chris were taken at their private time and non of us know for sure how much these two actually smoke. Are they chainsmokers? Or perhaps we saw them puffing off their only cigarette for a day? Who knows?

Its not good that Madeleine, Christ and other people smoke! There's no doubt about it. But its their decision, their abuse of their bodies, their responsibility. And sadly there are lots of people with health problems who have lived their life very healty, never smoked, yet, they get some serious health problem. There are no guarantees that if you won't smoke, you won't get ill. And smoking is only one of bad habits people have.

Smoking parents are bad example for their children. Are they really? My father smoked for 25 years, but his smoking showed me that this is one ridiculous and expensive habit, so I never took up on smoking, nor my siblings. Quite frankly I also saw that I could become addicted by it and its better not to tease faith and not even try it. But I was glad when my father quit smoking 10 years ago and luckily there were no ill-effect for him from smoking.
I guess people need some kind of jolt or understanding about their bad habits in order to stop doing it. I guess its quite hard to quit smoking when your partner and others around you still smoke like chimneys. Besides when you are young and still healthy, you hear about possible dangers but you think it won't affect you. But it can, and its better not to play with your health!
And whenever I see pics of some royal smoking, well, its another proof that they are normal people like everyone else around them, with their goods and bads, joy and sadness, ups and downs.

Last edited:
:previous: That's what I call stalking someone. :sad: Not a one-off. They had to be following her with persistence.

:previous: That's what I call stalking someone. :sad: Not a one-off. They had to be following her with persistence.

I have talked to the Agency who represent this photographer and actually she bumped into Madeleine while on another job. There are at least 3 photographers in London who have taken photos of her so it is not only one.

From web gossip magazine Stoppa pressarna
Chris O'Neill challenged Madeleine's ex Jonas Bergström on an alcohol duel.
In an attempt to outdo their opponents the guys ordered out large amounts of alcohol to eachother. All in front of a delighted princess at the pub.

Madeleine and Chris along with Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb and some other friends visited French restaurant Bardot in central Stockholm. They got one of the better tables where Madeleine specifically wanted to sit with her face towards the room.
- This evening, she wanted to be seen. She was in great spirits, says one of the other guests.
Madeleine's entourage was surprised when they suddenly saw that her ex-fiance Jonas Bergström had dinner at the restaurant with a group of friends. The situation was anything but funny. It's no secret that Chris can not tolerate Jonas. And now they were at the same restaurant. Other guests in the room had discovered the same thing and wondered what would happen.
But a physical confrontation never took place. Chris chose a different strategy when he instead challenged Jonas at an alcohol duel. When Chris found out that Jonas was in the room, he ordered a plate of shots and sent it over to Jonas and his friends.
Jonas, somewhat surprised, responded by sending back a lot of vodka shots, topped with limoncello.
Then the big booze fight was going on. In about an hour, the staff ran with shot trays while the two groups were trying to outdo each other.
- We were quite surprised at how wild it was. Madeleine looked delighted when she drank. Chris swept shot after shot and then ordered more spirits to Jonas' gang, says an eye witness.
It is unclear if any winner in the wild alcohol fight was found, but Stoppa pressarna's sources tell that it was a very happy princess who left with Chris the restaurant just before closing.
Så utmanade Chris Madeleines ex-kille på krogen _ Stoppa Pressarna

Princess Madeleine’s ex Jonas married Madeleine’s former best-friend Stephanie af Klercker. I wonder if Stephanie was also there – Madeleine should have challenged her, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom