Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family, General News 2: June 2015 - Sept 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
poor chris. i feel kind of sorry for him. he is a private citizen indeed, and refused any royal titles to continue being so, but he still gets all the judgement that comes with being a royal figure. he obviously looks uncomfortable with the situation, such as in the pictures above. it must be an odd situation to be in - when you clearly stated you didn't want a royal title, but still need to show up to some official events, so both you and the press are confused as to where the line is drawn.

Chris might technically be a private person but what can you expect when you marry the daughter of a king and attend high profile events with the royal family. That the press only takes pictures of him when he is with his wife or in-laws but leave him alone when he is not? Sorry but this doesnt work, especially not when you make early mistakes, being arrogant towards the press (refusing interviews, showing the finger etc), when you have non-transparent business and tax irrigularities etc etc etc.

Chris is far too interesting for the press and he can't dictate them what to do or to write.

I'm sure he realized there would be interest because of who his wife and her family are. However he is a private citizen. When he's with the family at some event certainly he's going to get more attention from the media with pictures etc but when he's on his own time in private life he should be left alone and that includes his private business matters. It's none of anyone else's business.

LaRae

Chris is a private citizen. It's really no ones business if he smokes or doesn't.

Doesn't really matter what Daniel would of done. He's a working member of the SRF. Chris is not. No comparison can be made.

LaRae

Chris didn't take a title and is technically a private citizen. But he, that very "private" citizen (a husband of a HRH and father of two HRHs), has attended at a largely televized TV-interview in Skavlan with his wife. He has given two long interviews to Expressen in the summers 2015 and 2016. So he doesn't obviously want to be totally private person.

Chris didn't take a title and is technically a private citizen. But he, that very "private" citizen (a husband of a HRH and father of two HRHs), has attended at a largely televized TV-interview in Skavlan with his wife. He has given two long interviews to Expressen in the summers 2015 and 2016. So he doesn't obviously want to be totally private person.

As I already said there are times when he's with the family he is going to expect to deal with media. I'm quite sure he knew this.

However since he is a private person (and I never said he was totally private..obviously he knew there were times he would have to deal with the media) when he is not working with the family or at an event with them/for them etc...he should be left alone.

LaRae

I disagree - as Lady Finn said, he does interviews in talk shows to promote the 'normal' image, had a televised wedding, attends the high profile events, does interviews when it suits him - and declines them when it doesnt. With this amount of publicy - how can you ask to be left alone, just because it doesnt suit or that you are private in general or especially in this moment?

Madeleine chose NOT to be a private person - she could have done a Märtha Louise and disappear into her private life, her presence or work is not really needed in the SRF. And with this decision, Chris' fate is sealed too, besides, there are lots of paps in London and they will be well paid by the swedish tabloids.

So to me it is just nitpicking on both Chris' and Madde's end - be public when it suits and be private when it doesnt. Not the first couple to find out that this doesnt work.

Chris shouldnt be seen like this is public, with a tacky ciggie behind his ear, unshaven and unkempt, bad example for his children.

Chris probably expected some media interest but I don't believe anyone can be 100% prepared for what actually happens, even for a husband of a minor royal. I view his Expressen interviews and TV appearance as an attempt to balance his odd position in the SRF. Neither completely private or public person. He attends events when he can and is probably Madeleine's lead. How do we know he wanted a televised wedding? His in-laws/Madeleine may have decided a completely private wedding was not realistic. Coverage appeared to be a compromise, ending after everyone arrived at the reception site.

As for Chris's tax issues and businesses, that's between him/his companies and the IRS/tax offices. Did Chris leave the media a big opening? Yes, unfortunately. Is it the end of the world? No.

The middle finger was a dumb move although I understand his frustrations. How many photographs of him and Madeleine doing mundane activities do the photographers need? Yes, he caved under pressure and now the media will never let go.

Chris shouldnt be seen like this is public, with a tacky ciggie behind his ear, unshaven and unkempt, bad example for his children.
If Chris shouldn't be seen "like this in public", then why is it OK for Madeleine to be seen like that? Puffy vest, track pants & shirt, baseball cap, sneakers, loose hair, no makeup? Many people look like that on a casual day out. Perhaps he prefers some stubble.

Oh that little Leonore, she still looks to be a handful. And Nicholas is a very handsome fella. Cute pics from the park.

Who needs a gym when you have Leonor to chase after :ROFLMAO:

Nicolas I'd such a cutie. He looks like he may be less mischief than his sister right now but will see how that ends up.

The King and Queen of Sweden have the most beautiful grandchildren.

Estelle, Oscar, Leonore and Nicholas and little Alexander are all just perfect.:p

Last edited:
The photos of the family in the park are adorable, Leonore is still her usual self! Nicholas is a beautiful little one and I've noticed that he seems to be a bit more "calm" than Leonore. Both children have Madeleine's sparkly blue eyes.

yes, the swedish press confirmed today that they hired a new nanny. the new nanny joins Louise Blomqvist (who we don't know if she still works for the family or resigned and hence why the new nanny was brought on board). victoria has many nannies too (australian Katie Millington, Adeline Peterson and Elisabeth Zimmermann), so it is possible madeleine has two herself.

Louise is swedish and lives/lived full time with the family in london, i wonder if the new nanny also does. she certainly looks swedish, i guess madeleine wants to bring up leonore and nicholas speaking swedish.

this article mentions that madeleine's old nanny, Åse Blomqvist, has been nanny to leonore before. since she shares surname with louise, i wonder if Åse Blomqvist is louise's mom? or pure coincidence?

Louise Blomqvist från Stockholm är Leonores nya barnflicka | Kungligt | Expressen

yes, the swedish press confirmed today that they hired a new nanny. the new nanny joins Louise Blomqvist (who we don't know if she still works for the family or resigned and hence why the new nanny was brought on board). victoria has many nannies too (australian Katie Millington, Adeline Peterson and Elisabeth Zimmermann), so it is possible madeleine has two herself.

Louise is swedish and lives/lived full time with the family in london, i wonder if the new nanny also does. she certainly looks swedish, i guess madeleine wants to bring up leonore and nicholas speaking swedish.

this article mentions that madeleine's old nanny, Åse Blomqvist, has been nanny to leonore before. since she shares surname with louise, i wonder if Åse Blomqvist is louise's mom? or pure coincidence?

Louise Blomqvist från Stockholm är Leonores nya barnflicka | Kungligt | Expressen

Yes, Louise Blomqvist is Åse Blomqvist's daughter. Åse herself was a nanny to Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine, just like Elisabeth Zimmermann.
Elisabeth Zimmermann was Estelle's first nanny, but after Adeline Petersson and Katie Millington were hired, she has just helped both Victoria and Madeleine with their children if needed (perhaps now Carl Philip too). Elisabeth was with Madeleine and her family at the Vatican when they met the pope.

Real estate broker Fredrik Eklund tells at his Instagram that he sold yesterday Madeleine's and Chris's apartment in New York. The swedish press told in May that Eklund is selling Madeleine's apartment. Madeleine's friend Tin-Tin af Burén works at Eklund's company Eklund Stockholm New York, ESNY.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNFp5rWDb6r/

Expressen has the document about the sale of the apartment of Madeleine and Chris in New York, by real estate broker Fredrik Eklund. The seller is Warwick International LLC (Chris's company) and the price was 1 925 000 USD (17,7 million SEK). The court has confirmed that the apartment was a shared private investment between the couple and that it was purchased for investment purposes only. They bought it in 2013 with 12,2 million SEK.
Eklund declines to comment further the sale, and also Margareta Thorgren from court press department, who refers that the sale is a private matter.
Madeleines klipp_ Tjänade miljoner på New York-lägenheten _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Svensk Damtidning tells that Chris is back in Stockholm. Madeleine had on Friday lunch with her friend, and Nicolas godmother, Katarina von Horn. On Friday evening Chris and Madeleine had a sumptuous dinner at the new place Bardot, opposite Teatergrillen in Östermalm. Chris went out having smoking breaks and Katarina von Horn and Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb joined the party.
Svensk Damtidning avslöjar_ Chris tillbaka i Sverige! Just nu_ Äter lyxmiddag med Madeleine på nytt inneställe i Stockholm _ Svensk Damtidning

Real estate broker Fredrik Eklund tells at his Instagram that he sold yesterday Madeleine's and Chris's apartment in New York. The swedish press told in May that Eklund is selling Madeleine's apartment. Madeleine's friend Tin-Tin af Burén works at Eklund's company Eklund Stockholm New York, ESNY.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNFp5rWDb6r/

I hope broker Eklund had express permission from the clients (P. Madeleine and Chris) to use their name in his instagram post. Otherwise I find him rather indiscreet.

I would think so? IIRC he's personal friends with the couple.

LaRae

Last edited:
Prince Constantijn tweeted some comments yesterday too. I agree with Mbruno: unlike his wife or Prince Constantijn, Chris is a private citizen and free to do and say whatever he wants. If it is a particulary wise thing to do is for him to decide.

Last edited:
Prince Constantijn tweeted some comments yesterday too. I agree with Mbruno: unlike his wife or Prince Constantijn, Chris is a private citizen and free to do and say whatever he wants. If it is a particulary wise thing to do is for him to decide.

Chris O'Neill sågar Donald Trump på Instagram | Kungligt | Expressen

Yes he is free to do and say whatever he wants but I doubt that it is a particulary wise thing to do as SIL of a King who and whose environment is supposed to be politically neutral.

Chris O'Neill sågar Donald Trump på Instagram | Kungligt | Expressen

Yes he is free to do and say whatever he wants but I doubt that it is a particulary wise thing to do as SIL of a King who and whose environment is supposed to be politically neutral.

Once again, we come back to the issue of Chris' position within the Swedish royal family. Chris is not a prince of Sweden; in fact, he is not even a Swedish citizen AFAIK. Nevertheless, because he is the son-in-law of the Swedish Head of State, people tend to assume that whatever he says has some official status attached to it, when it actually does not. Furthermore, we should ask ourselves if it is reasonable to subject Chris to Royal House rules when he is not a member of the Royal House, but, at best, only a member of the extended royal family.

He's associated with the royal house and therefore should keep his personal political views to himself, but this is only my opinion.
It creates headlines and might draw critizism because he is a member of the royal family represeting a political neutral institution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom