Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family, General News 2: June 2015 - Sept 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madeleine is now taking the help of star real estate broker and television star Fredrik Eklund.
He has been commissioned by her and Chris O'Neill to sell their apartment in New York. Price? SEK 17.5 million. This includes a gym, a wine cellar and butler service around the clock.
Madeleine turned recently to one of her friends to get rid of a million apartment in New York. Tin-Tin Rosen of Burén works on luxury broker company Eklund Stockholm New York, ESNY. She has arranged star broker and television star Fredrik Eklund to sell princess and Chris O'Neill accommodation in Manhattan.
Sarah Jessica Parker, Jennifer Lopez and Daniel Craig turn to Fredrik Eklund when they want to find a new home. He has offices in Stockholm and New York. On the website of Eklund's company Chris and Madeleine's apartment is now for sale and advertisement describes a five-star accommodation in Manhattan:
"This stunning home offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience the luxury Upper East Side. Not just a five-star apartment - but also a five-star building."
The two-bedroom apartment has a price tag of 17.5 million, which includes 24-hour manned reception. Madeleine and Chris O'Neill have never lived there. They lived in the same house, but at a larger apartment.
Fredrik Eklund ska hjälpa prinsessan Madeleine och Chris _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

On the cover of Expressen
TV-broker is selling Madde's and Chris O'Neill's luxury flat
http://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/bb/bd/bbbdb532882a42b3a7086846c6254458/502@70.jpg

And here is the apartment on sale, the styling is now totally different than when Madeleine and Chris tried to rent the apartment
https://www.elliman.com/new-york-city/the-touraine-132-east-65-street-2b-manhattan-vffjipe

Last edited:
Well, that would certainly be a lovely surprise for the island and for the royal wahtchers! I am a bit skeptical though... I don't know, but I don't think it is so granted that the whole family will make an official visit to Gotland...

From the calender at kungahuset.se:

Fredag3Juni
Besök på Gotland
Prinsessan Madeleine, Christopher O'Neill, Prinsessan Leonore
Plats: Visby

I watch that show (Million Dollar Listing) and it's crazy what it costs to live in NYC. I wonder if we'll see Maddie and Chris's apartment on the show.

LaRae

Has Chris ever worn a weddingring? Didn´t see it at Oscar´s baptism....:cool:

Who is the woman with her? Not like Madeleine to have someone carry her bags, but maybe the lady is a stylist? (Although she does not look like one)

Svensk Damtidning tells that the woman with Madeleine in London carrying bags is 72-year-old Ann Schierenbeck, who retired from her work as queen Silvia's chambermaid many years ago (Anne Tovar has been the queen's chambermaid since 2009). She helps Madeleine sometimes with finding outfits to official events.

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning tells that the woman with Madeleine in London carrying bags is 72-year-old Ann Schierenbeck, who retired from her work as queen Silvia's chambermaid many years ago (Anne Tovar has been the queen's chambermaid since 2009). She helps Madeleine sometimes with finding outfits to official events.

I looked at the photos and it really didn't look like Ann Schierenbeck to me, but perhaps I am going off of some older photos of Ann?

I did learn recently that Ann designed this dress/suit of Madeleines.
http://royalweddings.hellomagazine....oneill-photographs/0-8-131/madeleine-1--a.jpg

According to the swedish gossip press, Chris is trying to stop smoking.
According to a "source", Chris really tries to stop smoking:
- He really tries. He has not his own cigarettes with him when he goes out and instead usually asks their friends when he wants a cigarette.
Madeleine wants him to stop because of his health and at home in London Chris must go out if he wants to smoke.
Madeleine, who was smoking for several years, has reportedly quit after she became pregnant. But the question is whether the princess still party smokes occasionally?
According to the article Madeleine was seen smoking while sitting at the terrace at restaurant Milles some time ago. The photos at the article are archive photos.
Chris och Madeleines hårda kamp _ Stoppa Pressarna

Princess Madeleine has her 34th birthday today.
Prinsessan Madeleine fyller 34 år - Sveriges Kungahus

Those who want to congratulate her can do it at the court website
Hälsningar och frågor - Sveriges Kungahus
Greetings and questions - Sveriges Kungahus

Or at Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset...515803374007/1126077567451154/?type=3&theater

According to Svensk Damtidning, Madeleine and family are still in Stockholm and she can celebrate her birthday with her siblings and friends.
Grattis Madeleine – så firar hon födelsedagen _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
Expressen has photos : Madeleine, Chris and the children are on a holiday at St. Tropez.

Expressen writes that since midsummer Madeleine and family have rented a house at St. Tropez in French Riviera, together with their friends Natalie and Dag Werner. According to the photo text Louise Gottlieb is also there, and it looks to be her at one of the photos. The highlight of the holiday was of course Chris's birthday.
They have done day trips and visited the popular beach club Club 55. Madeleine and her friend also had time to visit the local market square, while Chris took on the task to fill with various necessities in the holiday household.
According to the plan, they stay in France until next week and then go to Öland and Solliden Palace. The whole family will be gathered when Crown Princess Victoria fills 39 and is officially celebrated in Borgholm.
Prinsessan Madeleine och Chris o'Neill på lyxsemester _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
According to Expressen, Madeleine is comforting Louise Gottlieb - she and her boyfriend Ludvig Blomqvist have separated. Neither of them wanted to comment the ending of their relationship to Expressen. They were together over three years. Ludvig Blomqvist was the former boyfriend of Stephanie Bergström. Madeleine, Jonas, Stephanie and Ludvig used to have dinners together.
According to Lindwall, also Carl Philip and Sofia are at Riviera/St Tropez. And Jonas and Stephanie Bergström. And Emma Pernald and her husband Tomas Jonson. The four couples have chosen to spend holiday at the same area at the same time. According to information, the couples didn't know this beforehand.
Prinsessan Madeleine stöttar bästisen efter uppbrottet _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

Also Andrea Brodin, Cedric Notz and Andrea's children have been in St. Tropez. And Madeleine's friend Sofi Fahrman according to her Instagram.

Här semestrar prinsessan Madeleine med familjen i Frankrike – se bilderna! _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
:previous: Leonore certainly enjoys the beach :flowers:

According to Expressen, Madeleine is comforting Louise Gottlieb - she and her boyfriend Ludvig Blomqvist have separated. Neither of them wanted to comment the ending of their relationship to Expressen. They were together over three years. Ludvig Blomqvist was the former boyfriend of Stephanie Bergström. Madeleine, Jonas, Stephanie and Ludvig used to have dinners together.
According to Lindwall, also Carl Philip and Sofia are at Riviera/St Tropez. And Jonas and Stephanie Bergström. And Emma Pernald and her husband Tomas Jonson. The four couples have chosen to spend holiday at the same area at the same time. According to information, the couples didn't know this beforehand.
Prinsessan Madeleine stöttar bästisen efter uppbrottet _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

Also Andrea Brodin, Cedric Notz and Andrea's children have been in St. Tropez. And Madeleine's friend Sofi Fahrman according to her Instagram.

Här semestrar prinsessan Madeleine med familjen i Frankrike – se bilderna! _ Svensk Damtidning

Sounds like a line-dance with everybody exchanging partners. Their dating circle must be very small.:bang:

Still photos from the holiday
Madden luksusloma jatkuu_ Rantaleikkejä lasten kanssa - Chris joutui pakkauspuuhiin

A person has sent a short video of Madeleine and Chris at the Nice airport to Expressen.
When they came to Nice Côte d'Azur Airport in Nice in southeastern France on Tuesday evening they were met by full uproar.
A woman who was at the airport (I guess she sent the video) says that security personnel evacuated the airport:
- All had to stay outside. They said there was some kind of threat, security officials closed the airport, but then opened it again after around half an hour. I don't know what kind of threat it was but we assumed it has something with football and terror to make.
The airport, however, says that there wasn't any kind of threat. The evacuation had to be carried out because of the ongoing air strike in the country.
- It was not a threat, it was only because of the strike, there was a situation, says a spokesperson at the airport to Expressen.
Madeleine, Chris Leonore and Nicolas arrived at the airport just when people were released back in and fared just from the air chaos.
- There is nothing that we can comment, Margareta Thorgren said.
On July 14, it's time for the celebration of Crown Princess Victoria on Öland.
- Yes, July 14 is the Crown Princess's birthday. As is usually the family is gathered on Öland, at Solliden, Thorgren said.
Prinsessparets resa nära att sluta i kaos _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Last edited:
Last edited:
Chris has given a long interview to Johan T Lindwall from Expressen.
Among other things he tells that Leonore starts kindergarten in the autumn, they have not set any time limit for how long they will stay in London. However, it will be at least two to three years. Then they will see what happens. They feel both very good in England. He works a lot and travels a lot, but is about 75 per cent in London. Back in London, he has an office that he shares with a few other enterprises.
They want more children but they want to wait with the kids right now. He feels that they must focus on Nicolas and Leonore. But in the future, one or two more children.
They are selling their house in Florida because they don't use it anymore and the maintenance costs are big. Nothing happens fast in Florida so it probably takes time to getting it sold.
The King has lent an office to him at the Palace in Öland and from there he can control his business. He travels to London and back during the weeks, Madeleine and the children will stay in Öland at least a couple of more weeks.
Chris says about Brexit that due to his work, you probably understand what he thinks about Brexit. Of course England shall not leave. What is happening now is not good. About the forthcoming elections in the United States he says that he can say as much as that if Clinton is elected we have three women in leadership in five of the world's leading economies. It would be amazing.
Chris O'Neill_ _Madeleine och jag vill ha fler barn_ _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

Royal husband_ 'Britain should not leave the EU' - The Local

Last edited:
:previous: thank you

Interesting to hear his opinion on Brexit and the US elections

""Considering my work, you probably get what I think of Brexit. Of course Britain should not leave."

"I can say as much as this, if Clinton is elected we will have women running three out of five of the world's leading economies. That would be amazing," he said, referring also to UK Prime Minister Theresa May and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Last edited:
:previous: thank you

Interesting to hear his opinion on Brexit and the US elections

""Considering my work, you probably get what I think of Brexit. Of course Britain should not leave."

"I can say as much as this, if Clinton is elected we will have women running three out of five of the world's leading economies. That would be amazing," he said, referring also to UK Prime Minister Theresa May and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

thanks for the translation. i loved hearing these views of chris, on brexit and women leading powerful countries. needless to say, i belong in 'team chris' :flowers:

he seems such a down to earth, hard working man too, which only speaks better of him.

They want more children but they want to wait with the kids right now. He feels that they must focus on Nicolas and Leonore. But in the future, one or two more children.

wow, so they will have a large family then! that's great news. both madeleine and chris come from families of 3 and 4 children respectively (in chris' case step siblings), so it is not surprising they want that for themselves.

Chris has 5 siblings, 3 from his dad, 2 from his mom. And they are half-siblings not step (Tatiana and Natasha share the same mom while Stephanie, Analise and Karen same dad):flowers:

What an interesting interview! Were he here, I'd hug him and tell him "Good job with the kids needs, his job and understanding women's' issues. It makes me think I'd love to chat with them over a pint... :flowers:

I am impressed that they want more children. :flowers: Bravo!

I was not surprised to read that Chris and Madeleine would like more children: it has always been my impression about them wnating a large family.
The whole interview was very pleasant to read.

Expressen writes:
Chris O'Neill's million loss
According to Expressen the business of the company Wilton Payments where Chris works is not going so well.
Wilton Payments was until May of this year registered at an address in north London, where further 232 companies are registered according to data from Companies House. It is not unusual that British companies are registered with their accountant.
On 10 May this year O'Neill's company was registered at an address at the brother in law John D'Abo large estates in the countryside outside Cambridge.
Expressen has sought O'Neill via the court's press director Margareta Thorgren.
Chris O'Neills miljonförlust _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

Expressen writes:
Chris O'Neill's million loss
According to Expressen the business of the company Wilton Payments where Chris works is not going so well.
Wilton Payments was until May of this year registered at an address in north London, where further 232 companies are registered according to data from Companies House. It is not unusual that British companies are registered with their accountant.
On 10 May this year O'Neill's company was registered at an address at the brother in law John D'Abo large estates in the countryside outside Cambridge.
Expressen has sought O'Neill via the court's press director Margareta Thorgren.
Chris O'Neills miljonförlust _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

Any chance Madeleine may have to waste her inheritance to bail out Chris ? I hope not !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom