Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family, General News 2: June 2015 - Sept 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why some say it may not be Madeleine. :flowers: I did a double-take. If her, she looks very serene and content.

I actually like what she's wearing. I particularly like the jacket paired with the bright colored blouse. The camera flash effect on the pants is a no-win. I'm confident the pants looked fine in-person. JMO. :flowers:

Are we sure that is Maddie? It doesn't look like her in those pics....

LaRae

Svensk Damtidning has part of these photos (not the back view) at this week's issue. Svensk Damtidning tells that Madeleine was at Ivy with Veronica Arph, her friend she has known since she was a child. Veronica is the woman at one photo with Madeleine.

I agree. A 33-year-old princess and mother of two children shouldn't be seen dressed like that.
But it's ok for a princess to sunbath topless or wear a skirt that's does a "Marilyn Monroe"?

In my opinion Madeleine is free to choose to wear whatever she feels comfortable in when not on official engagements, and not be morally judged for that (yes, I think your opinion is a moral judgment, and not about fashion).

But it's ok for a princess to sunbath topless or wear a skirt that's does a "Marilyn Monroe"?

In my opinion Madeleine is free to choose to wear whatever she feels comfortable in when not on official engagements, and not be morally judged for that (yes, I think your opinion is a moral judgment, and not about fashion).

To whom are you referring? You just described Margaret, Camilla, Diana, Fergie, Sophie, Catherine, and Letizia. Frankly, you probably just described all the European princesses, I just don't follow the rest.

It's interesting that you don't belittle/admonish the royal men you've seen topless or bottomless. (yes, I think your opinion is a sexist judgement, and not about fashion).

To whom are you referring? You just described Margaret, Camilla, Diana, Fergie, Sophie, Catherine, and Letizia. Frankly, you probably just described all the European princesses, I just don't follow the rest.

It's interesting that you don't belittle/admonish the royal men you've seen topless or bottomless. (yes, I think your opinion is a sexist judgement, and not about fashion).

Madeleine also had so call Marilyn moments. It just sexist of society and media to brings these moments up like they are concern when in reality they just want to shame women

And on that note, let's end this discussion and let's return to the topic of this thread which is General News about Princess Madeleine of Sweden and her husband.

Far-fetched phantasies stated as fact, illogical assumptions and amateur psychology are not part of the topic of this thread. Neither do the moderators enjoy the tactic used by several posters to trash certain royals due to their fandom of another royal.

Thank you Baron! Not surprise to see them in Stockholm as they must be there for the Nobels...

Princess Madeleine and Chris are in Stockholm, the pair was spotted shopping
Tuff brud med lyxförpackning | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Aftonbladet tells that Madeleine and Chris were on Tuesday shopping in Stockholm's finer neighborhoods. The princess looked "beaming out" and the two went round as a "a couple fallen in love", according to a source. They were alone, without bodyguards or children. They visited the luxury boutique The Case Factory, specialized in exclusive, handmade cases for phones, tablets and computers, among other things snakeskin.
Could it possibly have been a gift to the King that was purchased?
- Buying Christmas gifts is a private thing, so there is nothing we comment from the court side, says Margareta Thorgren.
But can you confirm that the pair is in Stockholm? How is the princess?
- Yes, they are in Stockholm to attend the Nobel dinner. The whole family are doing well. They will be here for a large part of December.
Will they celebrate Christmas in Sweden?
- There's nothing we comment at this time.
Madeleine was seen leaving the shop with a new mobile case.
Tuff brud med lyxförpackning _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Svensk Damtidning tells on it's cover, that Madeleine's dog Zorro is dead.
And that Chris has put his Christmas gift wish list to internet.
Avslöjad på internet – Chris privata önskelista _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
Zorro dead and Chris's wish list on the internet???? More than I can handle today ?

Anyone has more details?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Like I told at my previous post, according to the swedish media Madeleine got Zorro from Jonas Bergström as a birthday gift in 2006.

Expressen tells, that the Christmas gift wish list of Chris which Svensk Damtidning published is fake. In the internet at a website fancy. com is a wish list under the username Chris has at his Instagram account. According to the list Chris would have wanted a skateboard, a waterproof mobile cover, a Rolex for SEK 300 000, another watch of Panerai for SEK 350 000 and shoes from exclusive Lanvin.
- It is a fake list, says Margareta Thorgren.
The court has been in contact with Chris O'Neill and states:
- It has nothing to do with Chris O'Neill.
Chris klockrena lista var bara fejk _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Gosh! The press hates so much this gut that even made up a wish list! I'm glad that the court denied this sillyness!

Ulrika Näsholm, the information officer at the court, told to Svensk Damtidning, that Zorro became ill and Madeleine had to make the difficult final decision. Madeleine got Zorro in 2006 on her 24th birthday from Jonas Bergström.
Madeleines stora sorg – Zorro död _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

oh, how sad, although 9 years is about the time that a dog usually lives.
how strange it must be for chris to have as pet the dog that was gifted to madeleine by her ex fiancee! not that it matters much, i am sure he fell in love with the dog being madeleine's long time companion...

It would have been sad at anytime to happen, but to lose Zorro so close to the Holidays, that makes it harder. So sorry to hear this. :(

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Zorro, Princess Madeleine 's dog, died.
Princess Madeleine received the terrier as a gift nine years ago from her then-fiancé, attorney Jonas Bergström. The couple parted in April 2010.
When later that year Madeleine moved to New York to rebuild her life, Zorro came along too, sitting in business class alongside her as she jetted between Manhattan, London and Stockholm.
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8781d25fcf08da410649c271e1df9527&oe=571EFE7A

Gosh! The press hates so much this gut that even made up a wish list! I'm glad that the court denied this sillyness!

The press/Svensk Damtidning hasn't made any list. They found a list from fancy. com made with the username Chris has had at his Instagram account, and Svensk Damtidning thought that it was a list made by Chris. Perhaps because of the things that were on the list... like a Rolex watch, Chris is known of his Rolexes.

Expressen has updated their article I posted yesterday, with comments of the chief editor of Svensk Damtidning, Karin Lennmor:
Karin Lennmor defends the news and their cover:
- We have no reason not to believe that the account is Chris O'Neill's. We have made a credibility assessment. Among other things, the same username as we have from Chris earlier accounts.
- That he also has only a few followers, and self follows only a few at the site, we have also included in our assessment. A fake account tries to get as many followers as possible, says Karin Lennmor.

Last edited:
The press/Svensk Damtidning hasn't made any list. They found a list from fancy. com made with the username Chris has had at his Instagram account, and Svensk Damtidning thought that it was a list made by Chris. Perhaps because of the things that were on the list... like a Rolex watch, Chris is known of his Rolexes.

Yep, they even criticised him for his rolexes!:bang: SD should move on to real journalism!:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
People magazine has some of what Maddie said in her interview on the t.v. program.
She said she doesn't like being the center of attention. Also, she is not very comfortable with it. She has felt this way since she was a child, she is very shy apparently.

People magazine has some of what Maddie said in her interview on the t.v. program. She said she doesn't like being the center of attention. Also, she is not very comfortable with it. She has felt this way since she was a child, she is very shy apparently.

Interesting. Given she has always been a stunning beauty, she was destined (royal or not) to cause a stir. The irony. :flowers:

I think there are many beautiful women in the world, the difference is they are not photographed and expected to speak to strangers. She has said she has not liked this since she was a child.

I have to say that I find it hard to believe that Madde is still uncomfortable around the cameras... But I might see that she is shy. Maybe that cold look that ofter she sports comes actually from a shyness issue. After all, shyness can show in many different ways...

Madeleine and Chris were seen shopping in Stockholm on Monday afternoon. After a long lunch at their favourite place in Nybrogatan in Östermalm, they went to Livly, which sells children's clothing. Margareta Thorgren had said to Lindwall that Madeleine and Chris are leaving Sweden soon:
- Yes, but we do not go to that when. But the princess will celebrate Christmas together with Chris O'Neill's family. Even the princess and the prince, says Margareta Thorgren.
Madeleine has had time to meet all her girlfriends in Stockholm and the couple has also been at the Drottningholm Palace several times for dining with the royal couple. Madeleine has so far no official programs and the court said it will "update the royal family's schedule" when the program points become official.
Prinsessan Madeleines lyxiga julklappsshopping _ Nyheter _ Expressen

It's interesting that Princess Madeleine will be spending Christmas with the O'Neill's this time, though I guess I shouldn't have found it that surprising as it's common for couples to "rotate" between families each Christmas.

IIRC Princess Estelle has worn the brand Livly before. It's sweet that Princess Madeleine's children's new clothes will be of the same brand!

I don't find it strange at all that Madeleine and her family will be spending Christmas time with the O'Neills. It's their "turn" now...

I don't find it strange at all that Madeleine and her family will be spending Christmas time with the O'Neills. It's their "turn" now...

Yes, it's a completely normal thing for families to take turns each Christmas, which is why I said "I guess I shouldn't have found it that surprising".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom