The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Please use this thread for all posts regarding Princess Madeleine's third pregnancy.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ild-42850.html

Old 09-15-2017, 05:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Chris O'Neill is spotted in London yesterday September 14

https://www.profimedia.cz/data/image...0349451203.jpg
https://www.profimedia.cz/data/image...0349451497.jpg
https://www.profimedia.cz/data/image...0349451511.jpg
https://www.profimedia.cz/data/image...0349451529.jpg
https://www.profimedia.cz/data/image...0349451567.jpg

Old 09-15-2017, 06:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Articles in swedish press
Stoppa pressarna, 26th August
Madeleine's decision to move back to Stockholm surprised many. She and her talked-about husband Chris O'Neill had rooted well in London for a few years with their children. Leonore had even begun in preschool in England. The family lived a luxurious life in one of the city's finest areas. For Madeleine, life was more than pleasant. Shopping rounds at Harrods, Coffee latte in Hyde Park and walks in picturesque South Kensington. In the evenings, dinner at some of the world's top restaurants with fine wines in the glass.
But Madeleine wanted still come home. She missed both her family and her entourage, the innermost circle of loyal friends who surround her. In addition, the princess would definitely see her children in Swedish school.
- She was quite bored in London, it was too isolated and Madeleine longed for back to Östermalm. But above all, she wanted to create a security for her children, tells a person in the family's vicinity.
The occasionally sharp criticism that Madeleine lived luxury life with her apanage in London also contributed to her thoughts.
- The princess is most aware that her life abroad has made many Swedes to see red. She thinks it feels deeply unfair that the people think she is a spoiled and lazy individual. Both the court and she want to change that!
Chris, however, didn't want to settle in Sweden. He thrives best in the world city and, according to several sources, thinks that Stockholm is too provincial.
- He likes the restaurant life, but becomes easily restless on the days. He lacks the intense pulse that exists in London and New York.
In the end Madeleine got things on her way, and Chris now finds himself strolling more and more on the streets of Östermalm.
In Stockholm, Madeleine lives like any mother. She picks up her daughter at pre-school with the car and goes shopping at Hemköp at Östermalmstorg. When Leonore is at preschool, Madeleine takes it easy. Has coffee on the trendy favorite Crème which is used to having her as a guest. She is having lunch at Hotel Diplomat, where the staff also knows her well. Madeleine goes to the same restaurants and orders most of the same dishes from the menu.
- The favorite food is protein rich and often consists of a healthy omelette with salad or a boiled chicken bite, with mineral water or a cooling fruit beverage.
Madeleine is also seen on power walks in Djurgården with her friends Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb and Bathina Philipson. Madeleine's favorite restaurants are located close to the Royal Mews. On Wednesday she ate dinner with her besties in Milles. Madeleine's favorite in the glass is ice cold champagne with crushed ice.
Maddes nya vardagsliv i Stockholm _ Stoppa Pressarna

Expressen today
Madeleine and Chris O'Neill live a divided life between Sweden and London. With a foot in the royal world and a hectic life as a businessman, everyday life can be difficult to get together.
In August 2015 they started settling in London - where Chris grew up and there were several of the couple's friends. Since then, they have lived in Belgravia - where they live relatively alone, free from resurrection and curious people in town who recognize the Swedish princess couple.
Living in London is essentially a decision taken because of Chris. He works with Wilton Payments, which manages payment solutions for companies across Europe, and therefore he travels a lot. Having London as a base makes it easier for most of the trips to be done during the day.
Madeleine has many of her friends in Stockholm and Sweden - yet, she has for the sake of her husband and children been prepared to live abroad.
But Madeleine has had a demand: The children must be affiliated with Sweden. Partly because Madeleine herself likes Stockholm and Sweden so much, partly because of the respect to that the king gave Leonore and Nicolas prince and princess titles.
- To me it is important to talk about Sweden with them, pushing with the Swedish language. It is important that they get Swedish upbringing even though we live abroad. For example, we have a swedish nanny and swedish is a big part of our life, she has told Expressen.
Chris has had to compromise and the princess family now lives longer times in Stockholm. That's why Leonore started Swedish preschool. The idea is that she will be affiliated with Sweden during the periods the family is here. When the family lives in London, she goes to preschool there.
According to Margareta Thorgren, Chris will also stay with Madeleine and the children when they live from time to time in Stockholm.
- Chris O'Neill is a businessman and full time worker. The fact that the family spends long periods in Sweden doesn't affect his work. He still does business trips on a regular basis. The difference is where the family has its base and where he goes when work is over, says Thorgren.
During the week, the court also told that Nicolas is expected to start preschool in London this fall. Eventually he will also be educated in Sweden and be able to attend preschool when the family is in Stockholm.
Madeleines och Chris beslut om framtiden _ Kungligt _ Expressen

I think it is confusing and negative for the kids to have "two homes" in Sweden and in London and move back and forth throughout the year, even attending different preschools in the two countries (which is what I got from the article that is rather confusing).

In my opinion, Madeleine should make up her mind and pick a permanent base to live. I have no doubt that she wants to move back permanently to Sweden, but Chris seems to be an obstacle. If they can't sort that out, they should consider splitting. I am sorry to be so blunt, but that is how I see it.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I think it is confusing and negative for the kids to have "two homes" in Sweden and in London and move back and forth throughout the year, even attending different preschools in the two countries (which is what I got from the article that is rather confusing).

In my opinion, Madeleine should make up her mind and pick a permanent base to live. I have no doubt that she wants to move back permanently to Sweden, but Chris seems to be an obstacle. If they can't sort that out, they should consider splitting. I am sorry to be so blunt, but that is how I see it.
If they can make their marriage work living in two cities then why not? Chris's business interests are in London. Madeleine's "business interests" are in Sweden. I wish them success.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:35 PM
Majesty

Living in two places is a common situation for many cosmopolitan workers in cities like London, Paris, NY, etc. Only in the majority of places they live in the city during the week/term/semester etc. and at home in the country at weekends and such. For Madeleine and Chris this just means a different country, Sweden.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

IMO they cannot go on switching the kids between schools, preschool is more or less irrelevant but when the kids start with the 'real' education wherever the school may be that's their home city. When the kids grow older they need friends, stability.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Living in two places is a common situation for many cosmopolitan workers in cities like London, Paris, NY, etc. Only in the majority of places they live in the city during the week/term/semester etc. and at home in the country at weekends and such. For Madeleine and Chris this just means a different country, Sweden.
I agree. Plus the air travel time between London and Stockholm is not really that prohibitive. IMO. It's a commute. (Say I, a Californian!) They will just factor it into their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
IMO they cannot go on switching the kids between schools, preschool is more or less irrelevant but when the kids start with the 'real' education wherever the school may be that's their home city. When the kids grow older they need friends, stability.
Agree this can get dicey but as long as there are strong rhythms in the home life (in my experience) it can be done (with the little ones). Once they are older, it definitely gets more complicated. Maybe they are thinking of a boarding school scenario? Is that common for the Swedish royals?
Old 09-16-2017, 11:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Maybe they are thinking of a boarding school scenario? Is that common for the Swedish royals?
Both the King & Carl Philip spent their high school years at boarding school but neither the King's sisters nor his daughters did.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:22 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

This thread has been closed. You can find the new thread here.

Tags
chris o'neill, prince nicolas, prince nicolas of sweden, princess leonore, princess madeleine