The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 02:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
How about if Madeleine would have married Jonas? Was there already some announcement by the court if Jonas would be titled? He was partner in a law practice so would at least fall under the prohibited 'be full time employee' criterium.
I wonder if Jonas intended to give up practicing law in favor of executing royal duties. In modern times, that can hardly be expected from anyone, IMO.
In the Dutch RF, King Willem-Alexander's brothers are regular employees/business owners/ advisors even as they are titled as princes. No one ever raised concern on their positions and they do not get an appanage either.
The only thing I can find was actually a TRF Royal News post from 2009. It says, "After the wedding Jonas Bergstrom’s title will be “Duke of Gastrikland”". So, nothing about HRH or Prince, but this indicates that he was going to take on a title.

Madeleine & Jonas - Engagement Interview | The Royal Forums

Old 06-08-2017, 09:59 AM
Courtier

From the Princess's facebook page:
'Four years ago I said YES to this wonderful man, my husband. Thank you for these first couple of years that have given me so much joy and our two wonderful children!'
https://www.facebook.com/PrincessMadeleineOfSweden

Old 06-09-2017, 04:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Margareta Thorgren said to Svensk Damtidning, that Madeleine celebrates her birthday privately with her family in London.
Så ska Madeleine fira sin födelsedag _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 06-09-2017, 09:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Margareta Thorgren said to Svensk Damtidning, that Madeleine celebrates her birthday privately with her family in London.
Så ska Madeleine fira sin födelsedag _ Svensk Damtidning

Yes. And two days ago, it was announced that she would spend the summer here. I'm fine with her spending her birthday where she wants to, it's not at state event. But she and the rest of the family could really, really, really need some consistency and not change their plans from day to day.

Prinsessan Madeleine tillbringar sommaren 2017 i Sverige | Kungligt | Expressen
Old 06-09-2017, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
Yes. And two days ago, it was announced that she would spend the summer here. I'm fine with her spending her birthday where she wants to, it's not at state event. But she and the rest of the family could really, really, really need some consistency and not change their plans from day to day.

Prinsessan Madeleine tillbringar sommaren 2017 i Sverige | Kungligt | Expressen
Expressen said theyd spend the summer in Sweden and at the same time quoted Margaretha Thorgren who said that the couple would spend big parts of the summer here. That doesnt equal every day.

A tip is to only rarely trust in what Expressen writes about the Royal family. That tabloid is a pile of trash.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

People can congratulate Madeleine on her birthday at court's social media and with the greeting form at the court website.
Prinsessan Madeleine fyller 35 år - Sveriges Kungahus
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset/...type=3&theater
https://www.instagram.com/kungahuset/
Old 06-11-2017, 03:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Madeleine, Chris and the children were seen out in London yesterday, on Madeleine's birthday.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
The little Prince Nicolas is very cute!
Old 06-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Stoppa Presserna "can now reveal" how Madeleine secretly celebrated her birthday in Sweden a week ago.
Then her best friend Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb invited to a lovely birthday party where her friends also congratulated the princess. The girls' lunch took place at the trendy restaurant Milles on Strandvägen. On the menu stood the restaurant's most favourite dishes; Chicken paillard with soybean butter, coriander, avocado, chili lime and roasted cashew nuts.
Quite a lot of wine and rosé were drunk and the women took coffee with spirits and cream, so-called hot shots.
- The gang really had a lovely day. They toasted and laughed all the time, tells an eyewitness.
Among the invited guests were the innermost circle around Madeleine: there were seen among others TV-profile Bathina Philipson, author Denise Rudberg, broker Tin-Tin af Burén, entrepreneur Gunilla von Platen and Clara Herngren. Also Prince Carl Philip's ex-girlfriend Emma Pernald and Ulf Ekberg's partner Johanna Aybar were there.
During the celebration came an exotic surprise. A belly dancer had been smuggled in. When the rhythmic and oriental tones suddenly came out of the speakers and the dancer entered the floor, a big jubilee broke out.
- Madeleine roared with laughter. It was really a festive mood, says the eyewitness.
Madeleines exotiska födelsedagsfest _ Stoppa Pressarna
Old 06-11-2017, 04:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine with Leonore and shopping on 8th June
"Princess Madeleine of Sweden seen on her wedding anniversary shopping for makeup from laura mercier in Peter Jones in Chelsea whilst husband chris spent the day at meetings. Looks like this anniversary they are doing their own things!"
https://www.profimedia.cz/photo-bank...cess+madeleine

Nicolas is also seen at this gallery, 8th June
"3 year old Princess Leonore dices with danger as she takes to the streets of london on her scooter. Twice Leonore scoots straight onto the busy main road without looking or stopping, luckily mum Princess Madeleine is on hand to grab her and pull her back. Madeleine is seen dropping all her bags to grab Leonore to stop her going into the road she then points at the crossing signs in an attempt to teach Leonore some road awareness, later Prince Nicolas is seen out walking with his mum and her looking a lot more relaxed after her fraught walk with Leonore."

Madeleine, Chris and children out on 10th June + some photos of their wedding (another outing than at previous photos)
https://www.profimedia.cz/photo-bank...cess+Madeleine
Old 06-11-2017, 05:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Doing their own thing Suggestions of trouble again

June 8 was a weekday. Not shocking a man with a job was at work. Maybe they celebrated this weekend. Or went out for dinner that night. But better media to try and stir up issues.

Cute pics of the kids. Leonor certainly had her mother on her toes.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The photos of Madleine, Chris and the children are nice - Nicolas is looking a lot like his big sister Leonore now! She's getting so grown up as well, her hair also seems to be longer now.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-12-2017, 01:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
The little Prince Nicolas is very cute!
Its indeed very cute picture of Nicolas.
It would be great if there will be new picture(s) for Nicolas's 2nd birthday on 15 June.

Little Leonore certainly has her mother on her toes, she's one of those children parent need to keep an eye on all the time. I have nephew the same age as Leonore and I don't understand how they can be so energetic and have no fear of dangers. But they are so cute and give so much energy back to you.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

I would be shocked if there weren't new photos. Madeleine has been great from the start about sharing photos. And on the court website for birthdays, like her siblings. Leonor and his cousins had birthday photos, I don't see Nicolas being different.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Madeleine with Leonore and shopping on 8th June
"Princess Madeleine of Sweden seen on her wedding anniversary shopping for makeup from laura mercier in Peter Jones in Chelsea whilst husband chris spent the day at meetings. Looks like this anniversary they are doing their own things!"

Nicolas is also seen at this gallery, 8th June
"3 year old Princess Leonore dices with danger as she takes to the streets of london on her scooter. Twice Leonore scoots straight onto the busy main road without looking or stopping, luckily mum Princess Madeleine is on hand to grab her and pull her back. Madeleine is seen dropping all her bags to grab Leonore to stop her going into the road she then points at the crossing signs in an attempt to teach Leonore some road awareness, later Prince Nicolas is seen out walking with his mum and her looking a lot more relaxed after her fraught walk with Leonore."

Madeleine, Chris and children out on 10th June + some photos of their wedding (another outing than at previous photos)
https://www.profimedia.cz/photo-bank...cess+Madeleine
I guess Madeleine was paying more attention to her phone (filming her daughter) than looking what she was doing what can be a dangerous thing.
https://www.profimedia.cz/e/search/s...s%20madeleine/
Old 06-14-2017, 10:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine and Leonore in London on 12th June.
Fotografie Princess Madeleine of Sweden Takes a Morning Stroll With her daughter Princess Leonore - fotobanka Profimedia
Old 06-14-2017, 11:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I guess Madeleine was paying more attention to her phone (filming her daughter) than looking what she was doing what can be a dangerous thing.
https://www.profimedia.cz/e/search/s...s%20madeleine/
Oh, come on. There are pictures in the link you shared showing the moment in which Leonore had to be stopped from going into traffic. Madeline did not have her phone out. She was watching Leonore, seems to have been touching her shoulder and waving her farther onto the sidewalk, but the girl bolted as rambunctious kids sometimes do despite a parents' best effort.

The photos with Madeline on the phone are very clearly from another outing, in a different location; it's not clear from those photos if they were even right next to a street or were perhaps in a more protected place where you can let a child venture more freely.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:42 PM
Serene Highness

And yet I agree with Duke of Marmalade and it was also the first thing that I noticed. Madeleine is very little photographed without her smartphone and a lot of the time she is with (one of) her children.
It gives off the impression that her phone is more important to her than her children are. And there are countless women (but also men) who behave that way. And in certain cases it is dangerous indeed.

For some children who need a lot of attention this can be potentially damaging behavior. And as Leonore already looks like a child that could really use a ferm hand, she would benefit more from a fully present mother rather than a smartphone-present mother.

I am not of the same opinion about Chris, he does seem more involved in his children. I have seen little to no photos of him with his smartphone with his children around.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:11 PM
Majesty

After looking at a lot of photos of Madeleine in public with her family it seems she and her phone are not easily separated. I keep wondering if that phone goes on the bench when the family sit down to dinner or spend time together as a family. Those phones seem to dictate life these days.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
And yet I agree with Duke of Marmalade and it was also the first thing that I noticed. Madeleine is very little photographed without her smartphone and a lot of the time she is with (one of) her children.
I don't see Madeleine with her phone in any of the pictures with her children, so I'm not sure what either of you noticed. In the photos where Madeleine is on her phone, neither of her children is with her. I guess I'd need to see different photos to conclude Madeleine is a neglectful mother.

Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, prince nicolas, prince nicolas of sweden, princess leonore, princess madeleine