The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #681  
Old 04-06-2017, 02:38 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-Anne View Post
Do you really think that Chris O'Neill has so much influence with the royal court that he can simply order people to send a car to pick him up at the airport? If that car was sent to pick him up at the airport, then this order must have come from someone higher (e.g the king?). Should Chris have refused to sit in the car and send it away empty?
Exactly. There's a chain of command. If there was a car for Chris, it was approved by the Boss.
__________________

  #682  
Old 04-06-2017, 03:09 PM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 3,101
General News about Madeleine, Chris and Family, Part 2: June 2015 -

1. The occasional paparazzi aside London offers Madeleine & her family a lot more privacy than Stockholm would. In Sweden they'd have eyes on them 24/7 and would never be able to go anywhere unnoticed. Added to that they'd be photographed even more both by the Swedish media and private citizens using their mobile phones.
2. There's no distinction in the Royal Mews between private & public parts. The Mews consists of stables, garages, flats that's rented out on the approval of the Court (mostly to employees in different sections of the Court that have to vacate them upon leaving their positions) and some offices. Both Carl Philip and Victoria have offices at the Mews.

3. I seriously doubt that anyone at Court would object to Chris using a car that belongs to the Court or getting VIP treatment at the airport. As someone said, anything he gets comes from the top and the King is famous for keeping his Court, for good or bad, in tight reins.
__________________

  #683  
Old 04-06-2017, 04:08 PM
Queen Claude's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
What if, whilst Chris was in Stockholm on business, he stayed at the royal palace for a night? Would that be wrong as well?

My broader point is about materiality, and applying a common sense approach to some of these matters, which can often get missed.
No if he was stayed in the section on the royal palace that is the private residence of the King and Queen (or if he stayed in the private residence of the Crown Princess Couple).

Yes if he stayed in a part of the royal palace designated for visiting dignitaries.

No if it is consistent with Swedish business practices or if the King has the discretion and authority to use royal assets for the benefit of family members whilst they are engaging in money-making activities.
  #684  
Old 04-06-2017, 04:25 PM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 3,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
No if he was stayed in the section on the royal palace that is the private residence of the King and Queen (or if he stayed in the private residence of the Crown Princess Couple).

Yes if he stayed in a part of the royal palace designated for visiting dignitaries.

No if it is consistent with Swedish business practices or if the King has the discretion and authority to use royal assets for the benefit of family members whilst they are engaging in money-making activities.


The Royal palace isn't the residence of the King anymore. He & the Queen lives at Drottningholm palace.

Chris & Madeleine have a flat at the Mews so if he stayed the night that's where he'd sleep.

The King has the final say in how the royal assets are used and by whom. The King is also the one who sets down the rule about what's deemed appropriate in dealing with the business sector. Let's just say that the line isn't drawn as clear anymore as it was during the days of his grandfather who once forced Princess Christina to return a mink stole she'd been given by an association of furriers because it could be seen as bribery.
  #685  
Old 04-06-2017, 04:53 PM
Queen Claude's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 1,107
I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that the person I was responding to meant royal palace in the general sense. For example with the British Royal Family that could be Buckingham Palace but it could also mean Windsor Castle, St. James’s Palace, Holyroodhouse, etc. and wanted to know if I had a problem with Chris staying at an official royal residence and my response is that I do not have a problem with him staying in the private residence portion as a guest of one of his in-laws.

You are right, as a practical matter, Chris has no need to stay with his in-laws when he is in Stockholm because he has his own apartment at the Royal Mews.

It seems like you are saying that the King has discretion in these matters which is why I have qualified my comments by stating that my sensibilities are shaped by my culture. If the King has discretion in these matters then, on that basis, no wrongdoing has taken place, but I wouldn't be surprised if over time this changes and lines do become more clearly drawn.
  #686  
Old 04-06-2017, 10:34 PM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 3,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that the person I was responding to meant royal palace in the general sense. For example with the British Royal Family that could be Buckingham Palace but it could also mean Windsor Castle, St. James’s Palace, Holyroodhouse, etc. and wanted to know if I had a problem with Chris staying at an official royal residence and my response is that I do not have a problem with him staying in the private residence portion as a guest of one of his in-laws.

You are right, as a practical matter, Chris has no need to stay with his in-laws when he is in Stockholm because he has his own apartment at the Royal Mews.

It seems like you are saying that the King has discretion in these matters which is why I have qualified my comments by stating that my sensibilities are shaped by my culture. If the King has discretion in these matters then, on that basis, no wrongdoing has taken place, but I wouldn't be surprised if over time this changes and lines do become more clearly drawn.


Sorry, I didn't mean to be nitpicky about the Royal palace.

Concerning guidelines I was thinking the same thing as you when writing my previous post. The way things are going, with royal finances under constant scrutiny, I'm sure guidelines will be more clearly formulated to ensure there's no taken advantage off State property by people it wasn't meant for. For example there's been quite a lot of attention in the national media concerning who and under what circumstances people are given leases of houses, properties and flats owned by the court.
  #687  
Old 04-07-2017, 12:26 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,016
Oh my god people look for reasons to slander this man

They sent a car to pick him up. How is that shady business

It's not like he is holding meetings at the palace. Or running his company from royal property. They sent him a car to pick him up. I don't know about other families, but in families I know, when someone flies into town, someone picks them up. This seems simply the Royal equivelant. Would it have been less controversial if Victoria or Cp went in the car to meet him?
  #688  
Old 04-07-2017, 12:46 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: New Orleans, United States
Posts: 1,295
  #689  
Old 04-07-2017, 10:39 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 2,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
The King has the final say in how the royal assets are used and by whom. The King is also the one who sets down the rule about what's deemed appropriate in dealing with the business sector. Let's just say that the line isn't drawn as clear anymore as it was during the days of his grandfather who once forced Princess Christina to return a mink stole she'd been given by an association of furriers because it could be seen as bribery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
For example there's been quite a lot of attention in the national media concerning who and under what circumstances people are given leases of houses, properties and flats owned by the court.
That is interesting. Could the media or the government force the king to draw clearer lines concerning business dealings and leases of the royal properties?
  #690  
Old 04-17-2017, 11:49 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,752
https://translate.google.de/translat...s-0&edit-text=
Hovets märkliga försvar av Chris | Stoppa Pressarna – Kungligheter – Kungafamiljen – Svensk Damtidning – Prinsessan Madeleine – Kronprinsessan Victoria

the court is now defending chris, thinks that he deserves to use the king's private chauffeurs:
- He is part of the royal family and he comes to Sweden he gets, if resources and time, use the Royal Mews services, says Margareta Thorgren Expressen.
This means that Chris O'Neill then can continue to ride for free wherever he wants. Although the purpose of the trips are his private affairs. A peculiar position of the court, as it is the taxpayer who forks out for the whole affair.

if Chris was so private he always claims to be he should his company have arranged his business trip and transport, but obviously having a king as fil does have its perks, too good to be rejected
  #691  
Old 04-17-2017, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,188
It all seems a bit over the top, Chris is the King's son in law so of course it should have use to the cars from the Royal Mews so long as it doesn't leave a shortage elsewhere.
Not trying to be difficult but there are things that appear worse going on at the Royal Palace with a number of royals having their own companies registered there. Out of everyone I think Chris has probably separated his business links from the Royal Family the most.
  #692  
Old 04-17-2017, 12:41 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
It all seems a bit over the top, Chris is the King's son in law so of course it should have use to the cars from the Royal Mews so long as it doesn't leave a shortage elsewhere.
Not trying to be difficult but there are things that appear worse going on at the Royal Palace with a number of royals having their own companies registered there. Out of everyone I think Chris has probably separated his business links from the Royal Family the most.
What is the justification for a son-in-law of the king who is not an HRH to use an official car when he is traveling alone on a private business trip ? Is it because of security concerns ? I am afraid the Court's explanation is far from satisfactory.

Changing subjects, do Madeleine and Chris still have a permanent apartment at the Royal Mews ? My understanding was that they had vacated the apartment when they left for London.
  #693  
Old 04-17-2017, 12:43 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Milan, Italy
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
It all seems a bit over the top, Chris is the King's son in law so of course it should have use to the cars from the Royal Mews so long as it doesn't leave a shortage elsewhere.
Not trying to be difficult but there are things that appear worse going on at the Royal Palace with a number of royals having their own companies registered there. Out of everyone I think Chris has probably separated his business links from the Royal Family the most.
I think that when it comes to Madeleine and Chris, consistency is one of the main problems, if not the main problem. They often behave in a contadictory manner.
In this case it may be a small thing but Chris has made a point of refusing title and royal treatment and now he is using car service from the Royal Mews.
He should have arranged a private solution for his private business trip.
  #694  
Old 04-17-2017, 12:50 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,912
Surely it's not up to Chris to have to explain himself if the King provides him with transportation.

If people have an issue they should go to the 'boss' with their complaints.
  #695  
Old 04-17-2017, 01:19 PM
Mari-Anne's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
Posts: 739
Sorry but how taxpayers fork out money when the chauffeur gets paid for his working hours no matter whether he drove Chris or someone else or just sitting idle all day long?
There was free car to pick up Chris, so he got a ride. Besides I really doubt that Chris could order the court to send a car to pick him up because he's not the boss. The command must have come from the "boss". But, hey, lets blame Chris for everything. He's the easiest target
I'm sure Chris ONeill could have had lots of "perks" had he taken a title but he didn't, yet, he supports his wife as much as possible...and only gets flak. I kinda feel sorry for the man.
  #696  
Old 04-17-2017, 03:13 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Changing subjects, do Madeleine and Chris still have a permanent apartment at the Royal Mews ? My understanding was that they had vacated the apartment when they left for London.
Yes, Madeleine and Chris have their apartment at the Royal Mews. They stay there when they are in Stockholm.
  #697  
Old 04-18-2017, 07:07 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 2,714
Quote:
- He is part of the royal family [...] says Margareta Thorgren to Expressen.
Is Ms. Thorgren in error? Christopher O'Neill is not in the listing of members of the Royal House and Royal Family.

Kungafamiljen - Sveriges Kungahus
Royal Family - Sveriges Kungahus

Quote:
Det Kungl. Huset utgörs av
  • Konung Carl XVI Gustaf (f. 1946)
  • Drottning Silvia (f. 1943)
  • Kronprinsessan Victoria (f. 1977)
  • Prins Daniel (f. 1973)
  • Prinsessan Estelle (f. 2012)
  • Prins Oscar (f. 2016)
  • Prins Carl Philip (f. 1979)
  • Prinsessan Sofia (f. 1984)
  • Prins Alexander (f. 2016)
  • Prinsessan Madeleine (f. 1982), gift med herr Christopher O'Neill (f. 1974)
  • Prinsessan Leonore (f. 2014)
  • Prins Nicolas (f. 2015)
  • Prinsessan Birgitta (f. 1937)
Kungl. Familjen utgörs av Kungl. Huset samt Kungens övriga systrar:
  • Prinsessan Margaretha, Fru Ambler (f. 1934)
  • Prinsessan Désirée, Friherrinna Silfverschiöld (f. 1938)
  • Prinsessan Christina, Fru Magnuson (f. 1943), gift med generalkonsul Tord Magnuson.

    I Kungl. Familjen ingår även
  • Grevinnan Marianne Bernadotte af Wisborg (f. 1924)
  #698  
Old 04-18-2017, 11:26 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Is Ms. Thorgren in error? Christopher O'Neill is not in the listing of members of the Royal House and Royal Family.[/URL]
Chris isn't a member of the official Royal Family or the Royal House. Yes, Thorgren said that Chris is a part of the Royal Family and married with princess Madeleine. She should have said that Chris is a member of The King's (private) family.
  #699  
Old 04-24-2017, 02:06 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,219
Bunte has again negative article about Chris, about unpaid taxes and else.
Madeleine von Schweden_ Neuer Steuerärger für Chris! _ BUNTE.de
Translation
  #700  
Old 04-24-2017, 03:29 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-Anne View Post
Sorry but how taxpayers fork out money when the chauffeur gets paid for his working hours no matter whether he drove Chris or someone else or just sitting idle all day long?
There was free car to pick up Chris, so he got a ride. Besides I really doubt that Chris could order the court to send a car to pick him up because he's not the boss. The command must have come from the "boss". But, hey, lets blame Chris for everything. He's the easiest target
I'm sure Chris ONeill could have had lots of "perks" had he taken a title but he didn't, yet, he supports his wife as much as possible...and only gets flak. I kinda feel sorry for the man.
So do I. He married a Royal princess, but insisted on maintaining his identity as much as possible. He refused a title for himself and insisted on paying his own way and living as he pleases. For this reason many in the Press seem to resent him, to declare open season him.
__________________

__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, prince nicolas, prince nicolas of sweden, princess leonore, princess madeleine


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill & Family, General News Part 3: Sept 2017 - Marengo Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family 357 09-18-2020 03:30 AM
Role and Title for Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family Marengo Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family 46 03-28-2017 07:52 PM
Skavlan/SVT interview with Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: December 11, 2015 JR76 Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family 118 12-15-2015 09:36 PM
Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Chris O'Neill's Pre-Wedding Dinner: June 7, 2013 Marengo Pre-wedding Events 221 03-14-2015 11:06 PM
General Information on Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill Ansgar Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family 250 04-24-2014 10:04 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abdication anastasia 2020 baptism bridal gown brownbitcoinqueen canada chittagong clarence house coronavirus crown princess victoria danish royalty dna dubai dutch dutch royal family earl of snowdon emperor facts fantasy movie future general news thread hill historical drama house of glucksburg introduction italian royal family jewellery jumma kent king salman languages list of rulers luxembourg mail mary: crown princess of denmark monaco history nobel prize northern ireland norway norwegian royal family palestine prince dimitri princess alexia (2005 -) princess dita princess laurentien princess of orange queen mathilde random facts rown royal court royal dress-ups royal jewels royal re-enactments. royal wedding royal wedding gown saudi arabia settings startling new evidence stuart sweden thailand thai royal family tips tracts uae customs united kingdom united states of america von hofmannsthal working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×