The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Feelings not hurt. No worries. I still think it's (delightfully) funny.

BTW it sounds like something one of the servers witnessed. Doubt they would take pictures (during working), or worse, video, to 'prove' the story. What would we be coming to if we have to have video to 'prove' our personal experience?

But I really don't know, as I say. True or not it brings a chuckle and does not reflect badly (I think).

To each our own, not so?
I think it is a hoot as well.

I don't know if Stoppa Pressarna has it out for Madeleine and Chris per se - they also posted recent stories about Sofia's visible bra and Victoria becoming a homebody.

Most of their stories are pulled from other tabloids and then they amp it up even more and add pictures.

ETA:
Uh oh Stoppa Pressarna does have another story, De okända festbilderna på Chris O'Neill | Stoppa Pressarna – Kungligheter – Kungafamiljen – Svensk Damtidning – Prinsessan Madeleine – Kronprinsessan Victoria

Quote:
Here are the unknown party images on Chris O'Neill

Chris O'Neill is known to appreciate the good life at the pub.
Several independent sources at Stureplan says the same thing:
- He always wants to be king in the bar!
Most of the pictures are old, which becomes very obvious when the pictures with a very blond Madeleine appear.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
I think it is a hoot as well.
Thank you, Queen Claude. Not to belabor the point, but I recall something similar being done with some of my German friends, and I will not go into a Greek wedding I was at. Oh la! The things we do!

Old 03-28-2017, 05:25 PM
Majesty

I thought it was a slap to Madeleine about her taste in men. If indeed this "drinking contest" complete with "shots" did take place, it is both infantile and dangerous. The little comment about Madeleine looking delighted as she drank infers that she too was slugging back the shots as well. Not a good look for a Princess of Sweden in a public restaurant.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:22 AM
Administrator

The family was spotted in London this past weekend:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **
Old 04-03-2017, 07:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The family was spotted in London this past weekend:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **
Lovely, though I cannot help but feel sorry for them for the intrusion they constantly face even when they are not out on royal duties.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:00 AM
Serene Highness

The kids are just darling - and getting so big!
Old 04-03-2017, 04:39 PM
Majesty

this is a cute photo of the two siblings
https://68.media.tumblr.com/f2e913a7...vsyo7_1280.jpg
Old 04-04-2017, 12:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Lovely, though I cannot help but feel sorry for them for the intrusion they constantly face even when they are not out on royal duties.
London is paparazzi country, there are lots of photographers out there anyway for much more famous people (nobody in London knows of a swedish princess) so my guess is that the swedish tabloids only employ those who are around anyway to take pictures because its lucrative.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:49 AM
Courtier

Prince Nicolas has grown so much, he's nearly as tall as princess Leonore. Its nice when siblings are close of age and can play together. So much more fun.
Its quite surprising how often we see [new] pictures of princess Madeleine and her family in London. They wanted some peace and quiet in there but instead they are being photographed nearly every week. I guess it would be more quiet and peaceful to live in Stockholm
Old 04-04-2017, 08:25 AM
Aristocracy

The frequent pap pictures of Madeleine and family blows the "post pictures of your family often and the paps will leave you alone" myth to pieces.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:34 AM
Majesty

They have an official life in Sweden and lost any privacy.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

The difference is that in Sweden everyone knows them while in London nobody does except the occasional pap now & then.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:30 AM
Gentry

Hmm, is this true? I don't live in Sweden, I have nothing to do with the country and have no Swedish friends at all - but I am interested in their royal family and always enjoy new pics.

Why should the Londoners think different? There will also live some people who like news about foreign royalty and some don't.

On topic - the pictures are lovely. Number 6 is the first one I see the kids interact. Very cute!
Old 04-04-2017, 10:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning writes, that Chris was seen today walking with count Jacob Cronstedt in Stockholm. They passed the Royal Dramatic Theatre and went to Stureplan. Margareta Thorgren, the director of the press department, confirmed that Chris is today in Stockholm for a business meeting and that Madeleine has stayed in London.
Vi avsljar Chris ONeill i Stockholm utan Madeleine _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 04-04-2017, 11:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
London is paparazzi country, there are lots of photographers out there anyway for much more famous people (nobody in London knows of a swedish princess) so my guess is that the swedish tabloids only employ those who are around anyway to take pictures because its lucrative.
To me, the source of the paps is not the issue, it is the fact that this family cannot go about their daily life without being photographed.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
To me, the source of the paps is not the issue, it is the fact that this family cannot go about their daily life without being photographed.
Very often, that's the price public people with enourmous privileges have to pay.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:13 PM
Courtier

I don't know why it should be such a disadvantage for them to be photographed in private-at least everybody can see how happy they are.....
Wonder whether they know when being photographed
Old 04-04-2017, 04:38 PM
Majesty

I agree 100% with Duke of M.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
I don't know why it should be such a disadvantage for them to be photographed in private - at least everybody can see how happy they are.....

Wonder whether they know when being photographed
I guarantee you (or at least imo) they are aware (likely at all times when it is happening). I'd ask that you do a 'thought-experiment'. Imagine that from the moment you step outside your home to do anything, there will be people video-taping and snapping pictures, totally randomly, you never know when or where. You have not dressed for the occasion, nor are you given heads-up regarding any angle they might be shooting you, and once they've located you, they could then follow you. Imagine it, day-in, day-out. Would you like it? How would it impact your sense of privacy and well-being?

I disagree that it's a 'price' that 'must' be paid for fame or 'perks'.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I guarantee you (or at least imo) they are aware (likely at all times when it is happening). I'd ask that you do a 'thought-experiment'. Imagine that from the moment you step outside your home to do anything, there will be people video-taping and snapping pictures, totally randomly, you never know when or where. You have not dressed for the occasion, nor are you given heads-up regarding any angle they might be shooting you, and once they've located you, they could then follow you. Imagine it, day-in, day-out. Would you like it? How would it impact your sense of privacy and well-being?

I disagree that it's a 'price' that 'must' be paid for fame or 'perks'.
I agree this can be quite intrusive. I don't buy the argument that if your father is a monarch, you have no right to privacy when you are out and about.

Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, prince nicolas, prince nicolas of sweden, princess leonore, princess madeleine