The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 05:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Having been a heavy smoker in my younger days, I promised myself that should I manage to kick the habit I would not become one of those awful, strident, born-again non-smokers.

I did manage and my home has some very lovely crystal ashtrays. Mostly I use them for keys but, should a guest be a smoker, I would never ask them to step outside to smoke, especially during winter. Air conditioning filters the air and there are all sorts of candles, infusers, etc. to take care of a short-term problem.

Oh yes, my mother always said that a woman on the street with a cigarette in her hand looked just plain common. So I find myself relating an incident that occurred here in Christchurch NZ when smoking in the workplace became (very stridently) legally taboo.

A visiting international businessman remarked to my brother in the city that we had the best dressed streetwalkers he'd every seen. Bro looked around, the penny dropped and he informed his guest that rather than ladies of the night, they were office workers of all levels nipping out for a cigarette on the footpath!

I guess how we see people from different milieu is all part of our upbringing and our personal bias.
Everyone has theri personal reasons, views and takes. I just think that repeating all the time how bad smoking is and how "common" the royals look like with a cig is just running in circles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Well, I think it's a 'mortal sin' if you do it in public in close proximity to other people. They shouldn't be forced to breathe second-hand smoke, just because someone selfish wants their nicotine fix.

Also, as corny as it sounds, you got to think of the children. C&M should only continue with their vice if they're comfortable with their kids taking up smoking, too.

Teens whose parents were current smokers and addicted to nicotine were 10 times more likely to themselves become regular smokers at an early age or to experiment early on with cigarettes than kids with nonsmoking parents.

The longer parents smoke, the more likely their kids will, too: study | Reuters

So yes, people are free to have their bad habits, as long as they're legal. But when these bad habits impact other people things aren't so cut and dry.
I agree with you on that. My father is a heavy smoker but neither me or my sister smoke. He often smokes outside and we rarely get into contact with the nicotine he smokes. Still I get quite irritated when people smoke around me, even if they are allowed to do so.

What I wanted to say is that it is not use to write the same things anytime pics of a royal smoking emerge.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:49 AM
Courtier

Its pretty funny how easy it is to judge people you do not know and your judgement is based on some papparazzi pictures. These pictures of smoking Madeleine and Chris were taken at their private time and non of us know for sure how much these two actually smoke. Are they chainsmokers? Or perhaps we saw them puffing off their only cigarette for a day? Who knows?

Its not good that Madeleine, Christ and other people smoke! There's no doubt about it. But its their decision, their abuse of their bodies, their responsibility. And sadly there are lots of people with health problems who have lived their life very healty, never smoked, yet, they get some serious health problem. There are no guarantees that if you won't smoke, you won't get ill. And smoking is only one of bad habits people have.

Smoking parents are bad example for their children. Are they really? My father smoked for 25 years, but his smoking showed me that this is one ridiculous and expensive habit, so I never took up on smoking, nor my siblings. Quite frankly I also saw that I could become addicted by it and its better not to tease faith and not even try it. But I was glad when my father quit smoking 10 years ago and luckily there were no ill-effect for him from smoking.
I guess people need some kind of jolt or understanding about their bad habits in order to stop doing it. I guess its quite hard to quit smoking when your partner and others around you still smoke like chimneys. Besides when you are young and still healthy, you hear about possible dangers but you think it won't affect you. But it can, and its better not to play with your health!
And whenever I see pics of some royal smoking, well, its another proof that they are normal people like everyone else around them, with their goods and bads, joy and sadness, ups and downs.

Old 03-17-2017, 05:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine was seen walking in London on Wednesday.
Prinsessan Madeleines juice-paus i solen på lyxgata i London | Kungligt | Expressen
Old 03-18-2017, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

That's what I call stalking someone. Not a one-off. They had to be following her with persistence.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
That's what I call stalking someone. Not a one-off. They had to be following her with persistence.
I have talked to the Agency who represent this photographer and actually she bumped into Madeleine while on another job. There are at least 3 photographers in London who have taken photos of her so it is not only one.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

From web gossip magazine Stoppa pressarna
Chris O'Neill challenged Madeleine's ex Jonas Bergström on an alcohol duel.
In an attempt to outdo their opponents the guys ordered out large amounts of alcohol to eachother. All in front of a delighted princess at the pub.

Madeleine and Chris along with Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb and some other friends visited French restaurant Bardot in central Stockholm. They got one of the better tables where Madeleine specifically wanted to sit with her face towards the room.
- This evening, she wanted to be seen. She was in great spirits, says one of the other guests.
Madeleine's entourage was surprised when they suddenly saw that her ex-fiance Jonas Bergström had dinner at the restaurant with a group of friends. The situation was anything but funny. It's no secret that Chris can not tolerate Jonas. And now they were at the same restaurant. Other guests in the room had discovered the same thing and wondered what would happen.
But a physical confrontation never took place. Chris chose a different strategy when he instead challenged Jonas at an alcohol duel. When Chris found out that Jonas was in the room, he ordered a plate of shots and sent it over to Jonas and his friends.
Jonas, somewhat surprised, responded by sending back a lot of vodka shots, topped with limoncello.
Then the big booze fight was going on. In about an hour, the staff ran with shot trays while the two groups were trying to outdo each other.
- We were quite surprised at how wild it was. Madeleine looked delighted when she drank. Chris swept shot after shot and then ordered more spirits to Jonas' gang, says an eye witness.
It is unclear if any winner in the wild alcohol fight was found, but Stoppa pressarna's sources tell that it was a very happy princess who left with Chris the restaurant just before closing.
Så utmanade Chris Madeleines ex-kille på krogen _ Stoppa Pressarna
Old 03-26-2017, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Love it!
Old 03-26-2017, 02:24 PM
Courtier

Princess Madeleine’s ex Jonas married Madeleine’s former best-friend Stephanie af Klercker. I wonder if Stephanie was also there – Madeleine should have challenged her, too.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore View Post
I recognize the street - It's Pimlico Road in Belgravia.
Actually I believe it is Kings Rd- that is where Joe & the Juice is located.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
From web gossip magazine Stoppa pressarna
Chris O'Neill challenged Madeleine's ex Jonas Bergström on an alcohol duel.
In an attempt to outdo their opponents the guys ordered out large amounts of alcohol to eachother. All in front of a delighted princess at the pub.

Madeleine and Chris along with Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb and some other friends visited French restaurant Bardot in central Stockholm. They got one of the better tables where Madeleine specifically wanted to sit with her face towards the room.
- This evening, she wanted to be seen. She was in great spirits, says one of the other guests.
Madeleine's entourage was surprised when they suddenly saw that her ex-fiance Jonas Bergström had dinner at the restaurant with a group of friends. The situation was anything but funny. It's no secret that Chris can not tolerate Jonas. And now they were at the same restaurant. Other guests in the room had discovered the same thing and wondered what would happen.
But a physical confrontation never took place. Chris chose a different strategy when he instead challenged Jonas at an alcohol duel. When Chris found out that Jonas was in the room, he ordered a plate of shots and sent it over to Jonas and his friends.
Jonas, somewhat surprised, responded by sending back a lot of vodka shots, topped with limoncello.
Then the big booze fight was going on. In about an hour, the staff ran with shot trays while the two groups were trying to outdo each other.
- We were quite surprised at how wild it was. Madeleine looked delighted when she drank. Chris swept shot after shot and then ordered more spirits to Jonas' gang, says an eye witness.
It is unclear if any winner in the wild alcohol fight was found, but Stoppa pressarna's sources tell that it was a very happy princess who left with Chris the restaurant just before closing.
Så utmanade Chris Madeleines ex-kille på krogen _ Stoppa Pressarna
that seems like strange behaviour by chris and jonas. sending drinks over to a table would be something someone would do to a close friend - not to someone they despise. my thoughts is that madeleine and chris would try their best to ignore jonas, and not acknowledge his presence, rather than engage in a 'drink duel'. and even if it happened, i would find it hard to believe madeleine would approve of the behaviour, let alone partake in the drinking.

Quote:
I recognize the street - It's Pimlico Road in Belgravia.
Quote:
Actually I believe it is Kings Rd- that is where Joe & the Juice is located.
in some pictures it says 'ebury street' in the street name sign. there's also a number 11 bus which circulates between ebury st and pimlico st (and a sign for the shop called 'david thomas london'), so i guess that is where the picture was taken.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:28 AM
Courtier

I checked the link LadyFinn posted and once again no pictures nor a video this eye witness took with his/her smartphone of the "drinking event". Just some old pictures but nothing to show-prove that this colorfully described story actually did happen! I wonder why?
This story sounds like a mud slinging towards Madeleine, Chris and Jonas. It sounds like a very strange behaviour by them. They are grownups and have more sense and class to act like this in public!
It is very sad that gossip magazines too often publish all kind of untruths and slander about royals, public figures without anything to back up their words. Perhaps some people like to read about this kind of stories but for me...quite honestly I feel dirty and I'm sorry that by clicking on the link, in a way I helped to spread the filth. I find this kind of stories distasteful but how much worse those people must feel who are the victims of this kind of gossip? It makes me sad for them
Old 03-27-2017, 07:43 AM
Majesty

I fully agree with what Mari-Anne said and I find this story really absurd.
"Stoppa Pressarna" is very much known for its negative take towards Madeleine though, so I'm not really surprised by the content.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh dear. I thought it was a bit of fun, and in no way saw it as a negative towards anyone. Made me think they are more friendly than people think, but then, I know nothing at all about any of them. Okay.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Oh dear. I thought it was a bit of fun, and in no way saw it as a negative towards anyone. Made me think they are more friendly than people think, but then, I know nothing at all about any of them. Okay.
Lady Nimue, I didn't want to hurt your feelings in any way. Sorry if it sounded like this
I'm just mad at the "Stoppa Pressarna" who constantly write all kind of dirt aobut Chris and Madeleine, yet, they never show some kind of proof to back up their stories (like in this case some photos or video taken by the "eye witness". I really find it hard to believe that he/she do not own smartphone!).

And as "Stoppa Pressarna" has previously written many times that Chris is heavy drinker and he has alcohol problem, then this "alcohol duel" story was not meant as something funny but once again to demean him But in a way they failed because people found this story funny instead [although I still seriously doubt that anything like this happened in real]
Old 03-28-2017, 09:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Feelings not hurt. No worries. I still think it's (delightfully) funny.

BTW it sounds like something one of the servers witnessed. Doubt they would take pictures (during working), or worse, video, to 'prove' the story. What would we be coming to if we have to have video to 'prove' our personal experience?

But I really don't know, as I say. True or not it brings a chuckle and does not reflect badly (I think).

To each our own, not so?
Old 03-28-2017, 10:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:

LadyNimue, I didn't know if your post was in reference to mine, or not. Sorry

I'm glad that you saw the "drinking challenge" report as funny, given how "Stoppa Pressarna" like spinning bad gossip and snark about Chris and Madeleine.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:09 AM
Serene Highness

Mari-Anne & Marty91charmed - Thanks for clueing us in as to "Stoppa Pressarna's" reputation. When I first read the story I thought that, if true, those actions were pretty immature. Funny, but immature. Thanks for putting it into perspective!

Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, prince nicolas, prince nicolas of sweden, princess leonore, princess madeleine