The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 03:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
That's the iconic picture taken when she left Sweden after breaking up with Jonas.
thanks for pointing it out, ill be more careful when using instagram as a source :)

Old 02-27-2017, 06:25 PM
Majesty

Seeing madeleine was in Sweden for the nobels, for xmas and now again it seems to me that she spends more time in Sweden than with her husband in London. I wonder if she misses her life in Sweden. I know both places aren't far away anyway but perhaps she enjoys and misses the activities she has with the RF, as rare as they are these days.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
Seeing madeleine was in Sweden for the nobels, for xmas and now again it seems to me that she spends more time in Sweden than with her husband in London. I wonder if she misses her life in Sweden. I know both places aren't far away anyway but perhaps she enjoys and misses the activities she has with the RF, as rare as they are these days.
As it can be seen from previous posts on this forum, Madeleine has made it abundantly clear that she would rather stay in Sweden. She's also said she is "working" on persuading Chris to move to Sweden at some point in the future. Good luck with that !
Old 02-27-2017, 10:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
She is still a princess of Sweden and in part that is her job. That and childhood. One of he perks both fir work and fir family, if she is close. She can go home fir avfewvdays for an event and be back.

And it's not like shelves happier away from her husband. You make it sound like she is leaving him in London. Last I looked he was on her arm at the nobels, and Christmas in Sweden. And he was there fur the Canadian events.

I have no doubt she would be happy if they all moved back to Sweden. But London really is the best solution. Close enough for them to come back for events but Chris can continue his business. Unless Chris CSI find a way to dirk from Sweden I don't see a move. I also don't think he would enjoy the more scrutiny
Old 02-28-2017, 03:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
It also happens to be oscars first birthday on Thursday, and given how close the siblings are to each other I think it's no surprise she wants to be there - if Victoria and and Daniel are back in Stockholm that is, and since Leonores, Estelles, and oscars birthday occur in the span of 10 days she can pop over for a little while to celebrate the cousins birthdays

Of course she does miss Sweden, she said so in her latest interview. She said how important it is to give her children a Swedish upbringing and that the Swedish language plays a massive role in their lives, in fact the nanny is also Swedish, she also said that moving back to Stockholm is a matter of when not if
Old 02-28-2017, 04:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
It also happens to be oscars first birthday on Thursday, and given how close the siblings are to each other I think it's no surprise she wants to be there - if Victoria and and Daniel are back in Stockholm that is, and since Leonores, Estelles, and oscars birthday occur in the span of 10 days she can pop over for a little while to celebrate the cousins birthdays

Of course she does miss Sweden, she said so in her latest interview. She said how important it is to give her children a Swedish upbringing and that the Swedish language plays a massive role in their lives, in fact the nanny is also Swedish, she also said that moving back to Stockholm is a matter of when not if
Yes it is a matter of when not if as you say. Not to start a discussion about the Swedish Constitution and what it says, or it really means. The kids have to be brought up in Sweden. So maybe it is safe to guess that they move back to Sweden until Leonore starts school.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
Yes it is a matter of when not if as you say. Not to start a discussion about the Swedish Constitution and what it says, or it really means. The kids have to be brought up in Sweden. So maybe it is safe to guess that they move back to Sweden until Leonore starts school.
I'm not so sure they will move back to Sweden. My reasons:

When Leonore was born, she was the spare (okay, I don't like that expression either, but there were no other children besides Estelle). Since the king knew first hand what problems that might arise when the line to the throne is very short, I have no doubt that it was very much his decision that all his grandchildren should be HRH's, and in line for the throne. That included Leonore, who was born in New York and has a father who declined royal titles.

Today the situation is a bit different. Estelle has a younger brother, and Alexander is also with us. There are three children in that generation before Leonore and Nicholas who are in line for the throne, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sofia and Carl Philip had one or a few more (who would then also come before Madeleines children).

So what would happen to Madeleines children if they stayed in London? Not much. As far as I can understand, they would still be princes and princesses, but not in line for the throne. But the latter isn't as important now. So my guess is that Madeleine will stay in London with Chris and the children, while Sofia and Carl Philip will be the back-up family to Victoria and Daniel here in Sweden in the years to come.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post

That was a surprising statement on her part as it is a decision which is not hers alone to make. I am pretty sure that, from Chris' point of view, moving back to Sweden is a big if. In fact, I doubt he would seriously consider that before he retires, which means Leonore and Nicholas already being grown up and possibly even married with kids.

When Madeleine says it is a matter of "when, not if", either she has an agreement with Chris we don't know about, or she is hinting she and Chris might split if he insists on staying permanently in London.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
I'm not so sure they will move back to Sweden. My reasons:

When Leonore was born, she was the spare (okay, I don't like that expression either, but there were no other children besides Estelle). Since the king knew first hand what problems that might arise when the line to the throne is very short, I have no doubt that it was very much his decision that all his grandchildren should be HRH's, and in line for the throne. That included Leonore, who was born in New York and has a father who declined royal titles.

Today the situation is a bit different. Estelle has a younger brother, and Alexander is also with us. There are three children in that generation before Leonore and Nicholas who are in line for the throne, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sofia and Carl Philip had one or a few more (who would then also come before Madeleines children).

So what would happen to Madeleines children if they stayed in London? Not much. As far as I can understand, they would still be princes and princesses, but not in line for the throne. But the latter isn't as important now. So my guess is that Madeleine will stay in London with Chris and the children, while Sofia and Carl Philip will be the back-up family to Victoria and Daniel here in Sweden in the years to come.
In the past, males who were removed from the line of succession for non-dynastic marriages were also stripped of their titles of prince of Sweden and duke, e.g. Sigvard and Carl Johan Bernadotte were referred to by the Court simply as "Mr [xxx] Bernadotte" before they were given comital titles in Luxembourg. Sigvard went as far as petioning the European Court of Human Rights to have his princely title restored in Sweden, but was not successful.

Carl Gustaf's sisters on the other hand did not have any succession rights to lose, but they also lost the style HRH even though they are still referred to as princesses by courtesy. I suspect the same could probably happen to Madeleine's children, i.e. they may be still called Princess Leonore and Prince Nicholas, but without the predicate HRH and with no attached duchy. It remains to be seen though if and when it happens.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

The translation of the interview with Princess Madeleine about her family's future move home to Sweden and giving her children a Swedish upbringing was shared last week in the current events thread by Baron Brockdorf:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1961493
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1962690
Old 02-28-2017, 08:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
In the past, males who were removed from the line of succession for non-dynastic marriages were also stripped of their titles of prince of Sweden and duke, e.g. Sigvard and Carl Johan Bernadotte were referred to by the Court simply as "Mr [xxx] Bernadotte" before they were given comital titles in Luxembourg. Sigvard went as far as petioning the European Court of Human Rights to have his princely title restored in Sweden, but was not successful.

Carl Gustaf's sisters on the other hand did not have any succession rights to lose, but they also lost the style HRH even though they are still referred to as princesses by courtesy. I suspect the same could probably happen to Madeleine's children, i.e. they may be still called Princess Leonore and Prince Nicholas, but without the predicate HRH and with no attached duchy. It remains to be seen though if and when it happens.
My guess is als that if they are removed from the succession, they will still be prince/princess, but not HRH's. I belong to those who think that Chris and Madeleine would be just as happy (if not happier) if their children are taken out of the line of succession. Since none of the children were stripped of their titles when they married commoners, I have no reason to think that the grandchildren's titels would be removed for succession issues.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

In respect of the princesses Margaretha, Désirée, and Christina, they were stripped of the title "Sveriges Prinsessa" (Princess of Sweden), altering their titles from "HRH Princess Margaretha, Princess of Sweden" to "Princess Margaretha, Mrs. Ambler".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
That was a surprising statement on her part as it is a decision which is not hers alone to make. I am pretty sure that, from Chris' point of view, moving back to Sweden is a big if. In fact, I doubt he would seriously consider that before he retires, which means Leonore and Nicholas already being grown up and possibly even married with kids.

When Madeleine says it is a matter of "when, not if", either she has an agreement with Chris we don't know about, or she is hinting she and Chris might split if he insists on staying permanently in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Unless Chris CSI find a way to dirk from Sweden I don't see a move. I also don't think he would enjoy the more scrutiny
It seems the princess does not anticipate insistence on staying in London. She stated in the interview that "we miss Sweden", "we will end up in Sweden", "Chris likes being in Sweden", and "[Swedish] will be easier for [Chris] when he spends more time in Sweden".

Prinsessan Madeleine i stor intervju | Kungligt | Expressen
Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 9: June 2012 -
Old 02-28-2017, 10:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
It seems the princess does not anticipate insistence on staying in London. She stated in the interview that "we miss Sweden", "we will end up in Sweden", "Chris likes being in Sweden", and "[Swedish] will be easier for [Chris] when he spends more time in Sweden".
I know what she said, and I don't think it's possible for her to say anything else at the moment. Would she have said "no, we're not moving to Sweden"? That would have caused a lot of attention, and she's not a big fan of attention.

Does she like Sweden? Will she be here now and then? Spend summer holidays in Öland? Yes, of course. But I don't think they will move back home, especially not in the near future.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Madeleine & Chris eating out at Sushi Bar & Restaurant in London

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gLLLe7OGn...adeleine-0.jpg
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xw6q_wqLA...adeleine-1.jpg
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UYMVBm00j...adeleine-2.jpg
Old 03-11-2017, 07:34 AM
Majesty

She looks soooo common with a cigarette in her hand. And Chris always looks like he's bloated or retaining fluids.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
She looks soooo common with a cigarette in her hand.
I agree; not a good look.

I love her hair color though.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

There's worse vices to have than smoking.

I think she looks to be in great shape too. As far as Chris goes some people just carry weight in their face.

Nice 'normal' pics of them together.

LaRae
Old 03-11-2017, 07:58 AM
Majesty

Smoking is bad and unhealthy, that's a given, but I am always a bit baflfed that this bad habit is always considered as a mortal sin or whatever.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Chris looks his usual scruffy self, overweight and if he had one or too glasses too many, the ciggie only adds to that. I'm sure Madeleine has hardly ever stopped smoking, maybe during pregnancy. We all know what cigarettes do to people's looks, there is a good example in the family, Aunt Birgitta.

Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, prince nicolas, prince nicolas of sweden, princess leonore, princess madeleine