The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 11:25 AM
Majesty

^^^ Does anyone now if Madeleine has protection officers following her in London. It's difficult to tell from the pics.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Given Maddie and family and CP and family don't always have protection officers in Sweden I doubt they do in London. They probably have a few extra measures such as panic buttons etc

Old 02-04-2017, 01:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Chris O’Neill may have damaged the relationship between the Swedish royal family and Donald Trump – Royal Central

Eva O'Neill is according to the press a very good friend of Ivana Trump, what did she think of her son's Instagram message about Trump...
Old 02-04-2017, 01:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Chris O’Neill may have damaged the relationship between the Swedish royal family and Donald Trump – Royal Central

Eva O'Neill is according to the press a very good friend of Ivana Trump, what did she think of her son's Instagram message about Trump...
Does the Swedish royal family have a relationship with Donald Trump to begin with ? In fact, I would be surprised if Donald Trump even knew that Sweden is a monarchy or who the Swedish king is.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Even if trump is aware there is a king of Sweden, Chris O'neill is another matter. He isn't a royal, and except in royal blog circles, not exactly a household name. When trump is dealing with millions of protestors at home and abroad, does anyone think he takes notice of one person? Chris is a private citizen, and more than that, an American citizen. He is entitled to his opinion. I highly doubt trump could be bothered. If he considers trade with Sweden, I highly doubt he will call for an US boycott of Swedish products becayse if Chris.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:45 PM
Majesty

i think the same.

chris is a private citizen and whatever he thinks, anyway, is not a cause of concern for the white house. whether his mum is friends or not with ivana trump is also not relevant - chris is entitled to his opinion, which may differ from her mum's and her relations.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I am not sure if the Swedish government wants to take away Mr. O'Neill's rights of free speech. But if they do, they may give him an income and make him a member of the royal house. As it is, he is a private citizen with the same rights as everybody else.

Note that the post came from his private & protected account. Surely the Swedish government allows even its royals to have an opinion on matters in private?

Of course to save his in-laws some embarrassement it would be an idea to remain silent on political issues. But his views on this matter will hardly be controversial in Sweden and much of Western Europe.
I agree.

Chris is a private citizen and I see no problem with him speaking his mind. I will add that it's a shame that someone close to him decided to betray his trust and share his private message with the public.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:56 PM
Majesty

The Clintons were also pictured way before the election with Trump, so Madeleine and Ivanka can be besties, as far as I am concerned. Maybe he rushed a bit into writing that post but it did so in a private account.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Just because his mother is friends his President Trump's ex-wife doesn't mean Chris is friends of the President or the family's. Without being rude I would wonder at how close a friendship people who move in Eva and Ivanka's circles ever really make with each other. You can get along with someone socially and yet disagree with their (or more accurately their ex-husband's) political views.
Given the number of people Trump has offended or commented upon in the years on twitter and elsewhere one would hope he can recognise people are entitled to their opinions on others. If he makes an issue out of Chris' comments it would be interesting to see what he does about his own comments regarding the Duchess of Cambridge sunbathing topless for example.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Does the Swedish royal family have a relationship with Donald Trump to begin with ? In fact, I would be surprised if Donald Trump even knew that Sweden is a monarchy or who the Swedish king is.
Trump met Madeleine and Charlotte Brandin from the World Childhood Foundation at 54th International Red Cross Ball at Mar-a-Lago on January 29, 2011.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

And I have never said that Chris would be a friend of Trump, just that Eva O'Neill is a close friend of Ivana Trump.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I agree.

Chris is a private citizen and I see no problem with him speaking his mind. I will add that it's a shame that someone close to him decided to betray his trust and share his private message with the public.
I don't think he sees it this way, I think Chris even did a 'like' to the friend who posted this message.

Trump is rich, so of course he has rubbed shoulders with anyone who is either rich or part of the elite society, including royalty.
There is only one reason why Madeleine and many others would have met Trump, for his money or connections what usually is more important than morals.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Or where Sweden is.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:47 AM
Majesty

More importantly, does he care. He is the 'Leader of the Western World' and richer than most Kings.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:36 PM
Aristocracy

Given DT's absolute refusal to make his tax returns public, I am quite certain that there is something he is hiding. IMO it would be the fact that he is far less wealthy than his press would have you believe.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:57 PM
Majesty

i just found by accident this pic of madeleine with donald in one of the red cross balls held some years ago at their house. i guess back then donald was not even a candidate to president and didn't make his views public, but it is just striking as chris not long ago criticized the president...
Old 02-07-2017, 11:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

It was a huge society event got charity . Hundreds of people would have been there. It's not like Chris was having a private dinner with a man he is now critical of. Besides most opinions if trump have changed I. The past few years, when his more aggressive political views came out.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Madeleine with her children in London
Princesa Madeleine com os filhos em Londres - Blog_Real - O Blog das Monarquias
Old 02-27-2017, 10:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine and children are back in Sweden. Leonore and Nicolas were seen with a nanny at Östermalm on Monday morning. Margareta Thorgren confirmed that Madeleine and the children are in Stockholm and that Madeleine doesn't have any work events, she is spending private time in Stockholm.
Prinsessan Madeleine i Stockholm _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 02-27-2017, 10:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Madeleine and children are back in Sweden. Leonore and Nicolas were seen with a nanny at Östermalm on Monday morning. Margareta Thorgren confirmed that Madeleine and the children are in Stockholm and that Madeleine doesn't have any work events, she is spending private time in Stockholm.
Prinsessan Madeleine i Stockholm _ Svensk Damtidning
she landed this morning somewhere saw her getting off the plane from New York at Arlanda this morning
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRAT_SAg...adeleine&hl=en
Old 02-27-2017, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
she landed this morning somewhere saw her getting off the plane from New York at Arlanda this morning
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRAT_SAg...adeleine&hl=en

That's the iconic picture taken when she left Sweden after breaking up with Jonas.

Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, prince nicolas, prince nicolas of sweden, princess leonore, princess madeleine