The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Who needs a gym when you have Leonor to chase after

Nicolas I'd such a cutie. He looks like he may be less mischief than his sister right now but will see how that ends up.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

The King and Queen of Sweden have the most beautiful grandchildren.

Estelle, Oscar, Leonore and Nicholas and little Alexander are all just perfect.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-11-2016, 12:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine and the children have been seen walking in London on Thursday. The woman with them isn't Louise Blomqvist, whom the court has told to be a nanny for Madeleine's children. Maybe she is another nanny?
Pikkukuninkaalliset rattaissa - Madde-äiti toppatakissaan kuin kuka tahansa tavis
Kuvat_ Prinsessa Madeleine työnteli rattaita kuin kuka tahansa perheenäiti – Leonore venkoili toppatakissa - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat
Arkinen prinsessa Madeleine ulkoili lasten kanssa – olisitko tunnistanut_ - Viihde - MTV.fi
Old 11-11-2016, 03:12 PM
Majesty

How many nannie does the family have?
Old 11-11-2016, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The photos of the family in the park are adorable, Leonore is still her usual self! Nicholas is a beautiful little one and I've noticed that he seems to be a bit more "calm" than Leonore. Both children have Madeleine's sparkly blue eyes.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-15-2016, 09:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
yes, the swedish press confirmed today that they hired a new nanny. the new nanny joins Louise Blomqvist (who we don't know if she still works for the family or resigned and hence why the new nanny was brought on board). victoria has many nannies too (australian Katie Millington, Adeline Peterson and Elisabeth Zimmermann), so it is possible madeleine has two herself.

Louise is swedish and lives/lived full time with the family in london, i wonder if the new nanny also does. she certainly looks swedish, i guess madeleine wants to bring up leonore and nicholas speaking swedish.

this article mentions that madeleine's old nanny, Åse Blomqvist, has been nanny to leonore before. since she shares surname with louise, i wonder if Åse Blomqvist is louise's mom? or pure coincidence?

Louise Blomqvist från Stockholm är Leonores nya barnflicka | Kungligt | Expressen
Old 11-15-2016, 10:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
yes, the swedish press confirmed today that they hired a new nanny. the new nanny joins Louise Blomqvist (who we don't know if she still works for the family or resigned and hence why the new nanny was brought on board). victoria has many nannies too (australian Katie Millington, Adeline Peterson and Elisabeth Zimmermann), so it is possible madeleine has two herself.

Louise is swedish and lives/lived full time with the family in london, i wonder if the new nanny also does. she certainly looks swedish, i guess madeleine wants to bring up leonore and nicholas speaking swedish.

this article mentions that madeleine's old nanny, Åse Blomqvist, has been nanny to leonore before. since she shares surname with louise, i wonder if Åse Blomqvist is louise's mom? or pure coincidence?

Louise Blomqvist från Stockholm är Leonores nya barnflicka | Kungligt | Expressen
Yes, Louise Blomqvist is Åse Blomqvist's daughter. Åse herself was a nanny to Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine, just like Elisabeth Zimmermann.
Elisabeth Zimmermann was Estelle's first nanny, but after Adeline Petersson and Katie Millington were hired, she has just helped both Victoria and Madeleine with their children if needed (perhaps now Carl Philip too). Elisabeth was with Madeleine and her family at the Vatican when they met the pope.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Real estate broker Fredrik Eklund tells at his Instagram that he sold yesterday Madeleine's and Chris's apartment in New York. The swedish press told in May that Eklund is selling Madeleine's apartment. Madeleine's friend Tin-Tin af Burén works at Eklund's company Eklund Stockholm New York, ESNY.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNFp5rWDb6r/
Old 12-03-2016, 10:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen has the document about the sale of the apartment of Madeleine and Chris in New York, by real estate broker Fredrik Eklund. The seller is Warwick International LLC (Chris's company) and the price was 1 925 000 USD (17,7 million SEK). The court has confirmed that the apartment was a shared private investment between the couple and that it was purchased for investment purposes only. They bought it in 2013 with 12,2 million SEK.
Eklund declines to comment further the sale, and also Margareta Thorgren from court press department, who refers that the sale is a private matter.
Madeleines klipp_ Tjänade miljoner på New York-lägenheten _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Old 12-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Gentry

Do they have other properties in EEUU?
Old 12-17-2016, 01:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning tells that Chris is back in Stockholm. Madeleine had on Friday lunch with her friend, and Nicolas godmother, Katarina von Horn. On Friday evening Chris and Madeleine had a sumptuous dinner at the new place Bardot, opposite Teatergrillen in Östermalm. Chris went out having smoking breaks and Katarina von Horn and Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb joined the party.
Svensk Damtidning avslöjar_ Chris tillbaka i Sverige! Just nu_ Äter lyxmiddag med Madeleine på nytt inneställe i Stockholm _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 12-20-2016, 07:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Real estate broker Fredrik Eklund tells at his Instagram that he sold yesterday Madeleine's and Chris's apartment in New York. The swedish press told in May that Eklund is selling Madeleine's apartment. Madeleine's friend Tin-Tin af Burén works at Eklund's company Eklund Stockholm New York, ESNY.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNFp5rWDb6r/
I hope broker Eklund had express permission from the clients (P. Madeleine and Chris) to use their name in his instagram post. Otherwise I find him rather indiscreet.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

I would think so? IIRC he's personal friends with the couple.

LaRae
Old 01-30-2017, 05:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Christopher O'Neill attacks Donald Trump:

Chris O’Neill till attack mot Donald Trump | Svensk Damtidning
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Well, Chris is a private American citizen and not a member of the Swedish royal house. I suppose he is entitled then to voice his opinions without creating a diplomatic row. Madeleine may feel the same, but it would be inappropriate IMHO for her to say it in public as she is still HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:16 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Prince Constantijn tweeted some comments yesterday too. I agree with Mbruno: unlike his wife or Prince Constantijn, Chris is a private citizen and free to do and say whatever he wants. If it is a particulary wise thing to do is for him to decide.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Prince Constantijn tweeted some comments yesterday too. I agree with Mbruno: unlike his wife or Prince Constantijn, Chris is a private citizen and free to do and say whatever he wants. If it is a particulary wise thing to do is for him to decide.

Chris O'Neill sågar Donald Trump på Instagram | Kungligt | Expressen

Yes he is free to do and say whatever he wants but I doubt that it is a particulary wise thing to do as SIL of a King who and whose environment is supposed to be politically neutral.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Chris O'Neill sågar Donald Trump på Instagram | Kungligt | Expressen

Yes he is free to do and say whatever he wants but I doubt that it is a particulary wise thing to do as SIL of a King who and whose environment is supposed to be politically neutral.
Once again, we come back to the issue of Chris' position within the Swedish royal family. Chris is not a prince of Sweden; in fact, he is not even a Swedish citizen AFAIK. Nevertheless, because he is the son-in-law of the Swedish Head of State, people tend to assume that whatever he says has some official status attached to it, when it actually does not. Furthermore, we should ask ourselves if it is reasonable to subject Chris to Royal House rules when he is not a member of the Royal House, but, at best, only a member of the extended royal family.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

He's associated with the royal house and therefore should keep his personal political views to himself, but this is only my opinion.
It creates headlines and might draw critizism because he is a member of the royal family represeting a political neutral institution.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:58 AM
Majesty

Isn't his instagram account private?

Tags
chris o'neill, prince nicolas, prince nicolas of sweden, princess leonore, princess madeleine