Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family, General News 2: June 2015 - Sept 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.

Chris is a private citizen and I see no problem with him speaking his mind. I will add that it's a shame that someone close to him decided to betray his trust and share his private message with the public.

I don't think he sees it this way, I think Chris even did a 'like' to the friend who posted this message.

Trump is rich, so of course he has rubbed shoulders with anyone who is either rich or part of the elite society, including royalty.
There is only one reason why Madeleine and many others would have met Trump, for his money or connections what usually is more important than morals.

Does the Swedish royal family have a relationship with Donald Trump to begin with ? In fact, I would be surprised if Donald Trump even knew that Sweden is a monarchy or who the Swedish king is.

Or where Sweden is.

:previous: More importantly, does he care. He is the 'Leader of the Western World' and richer than most Kings.

Given DT's absolute refusal to make his tax returns public, I am quite certain that there is something he is hiding. IMO it would be the fact that he is far less wealthy than his press would have you believe.

i just found by accident this pic of madeleine with donald in one of the red cross balls held some years ago at their house. i guess back then donald was not even a candidate to president and didn't make his views public, but it is just striking as chris not long ago criticized the president...

It was a huge society event got charity . Hundreds of people would have been there. It's not like Chris was having a private dinner with a man he is now critical of. Besides most opinions if trump have changed I. The past few years, when his more aggressive political views came out.

Madeleine and children are back in Sweden. Leonore and Nicolas were seen with a nanny at Östermalm on Monday morning. Margareta Thorgren confirmed that Madeleine and the children are in Stockholm and that Madeleine doesn't have any work events, she is spending private time in Stockholm.
Prinsessan Madeleine i Stockholm _ Svensk Damtidning

Madeleine and children are back in Sweden. Leonore and Nicolas were seen with a nanny at Östermalm on Monday morning. Margareta Thorgren confirmed that Madeleine and the children are in Stockholm and that Madeleine doesn't have any work events, she is spending private time in Stockholm.
Prinsessan Madeleine i Stockholm _ Svensk Damtidning
she landed this morning somewhere saw her getting off the plane from New York at Arlanda this morning
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRAT_SAgfgR/?tagged=princessmadeleine&hl=en

Seeing madeleine was in Sweden for the nobels, for xmas and now again it seems to me that she spends more time in Sweden than with her husband in London. I wonder if she misses her life in Sweden. I know both places aren't far away anyway but perhaps she enjoys and misses the activities she has with the RF, as rare as they are these days.

Seeing madeleine was in Sweden for the nobels, for xmas and now again it seems to me that she spends more time in Sweden than with her husband in London. I wonder if she misses her life in Sweden. I know both places aren't far away anyway but perhaps she enjoys and misses the activities she has with the RF, as rare as they are these days.

As it can be seen from previous posts on this forum, Madeleine has made it abundantly clear that she would rather stay in Sweden. She's also said she is "working" on persuading Chris to move to Sweden at some point in the future. Good luck with that !

She is still a princess of Sweden and in part that is her job. That and childhood. One of he perks both fir work and fir family, if she is close. She can go home fir avfewvdays for an event and be back.

And it's not like shelves happier away from her husband. You make it sound like she is leaving him in London. Last I looked he was on her arm at the nobels, and Christmas in Sweden. And he was there fur the Canadian events.

I have no doubt she would be happy if they all moved back to Sweden. But London really is the best solution. Close enough for them to come back for events but Chris can continue his business. Unless Chris CSI find a way to dirk from Sweden I don't see a move. I also don't think he would enjoy the more scrutiny

It also happens to be oscars first birthday on Thursday, and given how close the siblings are to each other I think it's no surprise she wants to be there - if Victoria and and Daniel are back in Stockholm that is, and since Leonores, Estelles, and oscars birthday occur in the span of 10 days she can pop over for a little while to celebrate the cousins birthdays

Of course she does miss Sweden, she said so in her latest interview. She said how important it is to give her children a Swedish upbringing and that the Swedish language plays a massive role in their lives, in fact the nanny is also Swedish, she also said that moving back to Stockholm is a matter of when not if

Last edited:
It also happens to be oscars first birthday on Thursday, and given how close the siblings are to each other I think it's no surprise she wants to be there - if Victoria and and Daniel are back in Stockholm that is, and since Leonores, Estelles, and oscars birthday occur in the span of 10 days she can pop over for a little while to celebrate the cousins birthdays

Of course she does miss Sweden, she said so in her latest interview. She said how important it is to give her children a Swedish upbringing and that the Swedish language plays a massive role in their lives, in fact the nanny is also Swedish, she also said that moving back to Stockholm is a matter of when not if

Yes it is a matter of when not if as you say. Not to start a discussion about the Swedish Constitution and what it says, or it really means. The kids have to be brought up in Sweden. So maybe it is safe to guess that they move back to Sweden until Leonore starts school.

Yes it is a matter of when not if as you say. Not to start a discussion about the Swedish Constitution and what it says, or it really means. The kids have to be brought up in Sweden. So maybe it is safe to guess that they move back to Sweden until Leonore starts school.

I'm not so sure they will move back to Sweden. My reasons:

When Leonore was born, she was the spare (okay, I don't like that expression either, but there were no other children besides Estelle). Since the king knew first hand what problems that might arise when the line to the throne is very short, I have no doubt that it was very much his decision that all his grandchildren should be HRH's, and in line for the throne. That included Leonore, who was born in New York and has a father who declined royal titles.

Today the situation is a bit different. Estelle has a younger brother, and Alexander is also with us. There are three children in that generation before Leonore and Nicholas who are in line for the throne, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sofia and Carl Philip had one or a few more (who would then also come before Madeleines children).

So what would happen to Madeleines children if they stayed in London? Not much. As far as I can understand, they would still be princes and princesses, but not in line for the throne. But the latter isn't as important now. So my guess is that Madeleine will stay in London with Chris and the children, while Sofia and Carl Philip will be the back-up family to Victoria and Daniel here in Sweden in the years to come.

That was a surprising statement on her part as it is a decision which is not hers alone to make. I am pretty sure that, from Chris' point of view, moving back to Sweden is a big if. In fact, I doubt he would seriously consider that before he retires, which means Leonore and Nicholas already being grown up and possibly even married with kids.

When Madeleine says it is a matter of "when, not if", either she has an agreement with Chris we don't know about, or she is hinting she and Chris might split if he insists on staying permanently in London.

I'm not so sure they will move back to Sweden. My reasons:

When Leonore was born, she was the spare (okay, I don't like that expression either, but there were no other children besides Estelle). Since the king knew first hand what problems that might arise when the line to the throne is very short, I have no doubt that it was very much his decision that all his grandchildren should be HRH's, and in line for the throne. That included Leonore, who was born in New York and has a father who declined royal titles.

Today the situation is a bit different. Estelle has a younger brother, and Alexander is also with us. There are three children in that generation before Leonore and Nicholas who are in line for the throne, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sofia and Carl Philip had one or a few more (who would then also come before Madeleines children).

So what would happen to Madeleines children if they stayed in London? Not much. As far as I can understand, they would still be princes and princesses, but not in line for the throne. But the latter isn't as important now. So my guess is that Madeleine will stay in London with Chris and the children, while Sofia and Carl Philip will be the back-up family to Victoria and Daniel here in Sweden in the years to come.

In the past, males who were removed from the line of succession for non-dynastic marriages were also stripped of their titles of prince of Sweden and duke, e.g. Sigvard and Carl Johan Bernadotte were referred to by the Court simply as "Mr [xxx] Bernadotte" before they were given comital titles in Luxembourg. Sigvard went as far as petioning the European Court of Human Rights to have his princely title restored in Sweden, but was not successful.

Carl Gustaf's sisters on the other hand did not have any succession rights to lose, but they also lost the style HRH even though they are still referred to as princesses by courtesy. I suspect the same could probably happen to Madeleine's children, i.e. they may be still called Princess Leonore and Prince Nicholas, but without the predicate HRH and with no attached duchy. It remains to be seen though if and when it happens.

Last edited:
Last edited:
In the past, males who were removed from the line of succession for non-dynastic marriages were also stripped of their titles of prince of Sweden and duke, e.g. Sigvard and Carl Johan Bernadotte were referred to by the Court simply as "Mr [xxx] Bernadotte" before they were given comital titles in Luxembourg. Sigvard went as far as petioning the European Court of Human Rights to have his princely title restored in Sweden, but was not successful.

Carl Gustaf's sisters on the other hand did not have any succession rights to lose, but they also lost the style HRH even though they are still referred to as princesses by courtesy. I suspect the same could probably happen to Madeleine's children, i.e. they may be still called Princess Leonore and Prince Nicholas, but without the predicate HRH and with no attached duchy. It remains to be seen though if and when it happens.

My guess is als that if they are removed from the succession, they will still be prince/princess, but not HRH's. I belong to those who think that Chris and Madeleine would be just as happy (if not happier) if their children are taken out of the line of succession. Since none of the children were stripped of their titles when they married commoners, I have no reason to think that the grandchildren's titels would be removed for succession issues.

In respect of the princesses Margaretha, Désirée, and Christina, they were stripped of the title "Sveriges Prinsessa" (Princess of Sweden), altering their titles from "HRH Princess Margaretha, Princess of Sweden" to "Princess Margaretha, Mrs. Ambler".

That was a surprising statement on her part as it is a decision which is not hers alone to make. I am pretty sure that, from Chris' point of view, moving back to Sweden is a big if. In fact, I doubt he would seriously consider that before he retires, which means Leonore and Nicholas already being grown up and possibly even married with kids.

When Madeleine says it is a matter of "when, not if", either she has an agreement with Chris we don't know about, or she is hinting she and Chris might split if he insists on staying permanently in London.

Unless Chris CSI find a way to dirk from Sweden I don't see a move. I also don't think he would enjoy the more scrutiny

It seems the princess does not anticipate insistence on staying in London. She stated in the interview that "we miss Sweden", "we will end up in Sweden", "Chris likes being in Sweden", and "[Swedish] will be easier for [Chris] when he spends more time in Sweden".

Prinsessan Madeleine i stor intervju | Kungligt | Expressen
Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 9: June 2012 -

Last edited:
It seems the princess does not anticipate insistence on staying in London. She stated in the interview that "we miss Sweden", "we will end up in Sweden", "Chris likes being in Sweden", and "[Swedish] will be easier for [Chris] when he spends more time in Sweden".

I know what she said, and I don't think it's possible for her to say anything else at the moment. Would she have said "no, we're not moving to Sweden"? That would have caused a lot of attention, and she's not a big fan of attention.

Does she like Sweden? Will she be here now and then? Spend summer holidays in Öland? Yes, of course. But I don't think they will move back home, especially not in the near future.

She looks soooo common with a cigarette in her hand. And Chris always looks like he's bloated or retaining fluids.

There's worse vices to have than smoking.

I think she looks to be in great shape too. As far as Chris goes some people just carry weight in their face.

Nice 'normal' pics of them together.

LaRae

Smoking is bad and unhealthy, that's a given, but I am always a bit baflfed that this bad habit is always considered as a mortal sin or whatever.

Chris looks his usual scruffy self, overweight and if he had one or too glasses too many, the ciggie only adds to that. I'm sure Madeleine has hardly ever stopped smoking, maybe during pregnancy. We all know what cigarettes do to people's looks, there is a good example in the family, Aunt Birgitta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom