Princess Lilian, Current Events Part 1: November 2002 - January 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for answering that..

But can Prince Carl Phillip and Princess Madeleine marry b4 there sister crown Princess Victoria and not lose there tittles and positions on the line to the throne?

Yes. They can marry before her and they would not lose their titles nor positions. They would only lose that if the Parliament does not approve of the marriages or if they relinquish their titles or positions themselves.

Thanks, good now i can marry Madeleine and all be fine.

thanks again

Originally posted by NJRedDevils@Jun 5th, 2004 - 9:33 pm
Thanks, good now i can marry Madeleine and all be fine.

thanks again
Sounds like a plan to me.

it be a mix wedding with Swedish and American and Australian..

Our Children will a mix of blood..

so what tittle will i get been married to my Madeleine and your invited to our wedding..

From Roger at The Scandinavian Royals Message Board:

"With the passing of President Reagan I would like to share a rather nice story with you about a visit Prince Bertil and Princess Lilian did to the White House during Regan's presidency.

Princess Lilian, who is a well known "prankster" had visited Stockholm's biggest novilty store Buttericks prior to the White House visit and purchased a bottle with fake ketchup. At the luncheon in the White House Lilian was seated next to Reagan and VP Bush. She tells Reagan - Hey Mr President you need ketchup on your food and bring up her plastic bottle. She squeeze the bottle and its fake contents on the President. He is suprised and so is the secret service until they all realize Lilian's joke. Reagan got a good laugh and George Bush has since that time always referred to Lilian as the worlds craziest royal.

A rather nice story I think".

Originally posted by NJRedDevils@Jun 5th, 2004 - 9:04 pm

so what tittle will i get been married to my Madeleine and your invited to our wedding..
I have an idea--you can have a double wedding with Dennism. When you marry Madeleine, He can marry CP Victoria!! Now that is a plan!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :p :woot: :flower:

Hope I am invited Dennism!!! :innocent: :lol: :p :flower:

Originally posted by GrandDuchess@Jun 7th, 2004 - 8:20 pm
From Roger at The Scandinavian Royals Message Board:

"With the passing of President Reagan I would like to share a rather nice story with you about a visit Prince Bertil and Princess Lilian did to the White House during Regan's presidency.

Princess Lilian, who is a well known "prankster" had visited Stockholm's biggest novilty store Buttericks prior to the White House visit and purchased a bottle with fake ketchup. At the luncheon in the White House Lilian was seated next to Reagan and VP Bush. She tells Reagan - Hey Mr President you need ketchup on your food and bring up her plastic bottle. She squeeze the bottle and its fake contents on the President. He is suprised and so is the secret service until they all realize Lilian's joke. Reagan got a good laugh and George Bush has since that time always referred to Lilian as the worlds craziest royal.

A rather nice story I think".
As an American, I wish I could have seen Reagan's face on that one!!!! :lol: How great HRH has such a sense of humor!!!!! :p :lol: :flower:

Originally posted by tiaraprin+Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:02 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tiaraprin @ Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:02 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NJRedDevils@Jun 5th, 2004 - 9:04 pm

I have an idea--you can have a double wedding with Dennism. When you marry Madeleine, He can marry CP Victoria!! Now that is a plan!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :p :woot: :flower:

Hope I am invited Dennism!!! :innocent: :lol: :p :flower: [/b][/quote]
Maybe a baywatch babe would be sufficient for dennis to get him away from his Computer!

Baywatch Babe? Not for me. Anyway, I like the story with Lilian and the former president. That was funny. I would have loved to see his face too.

Originally posted by Dennism@Jun 8th, 2004 - 11:07 am
Baywatch Babe? Not for me. Anyway, I like the story with Lilian and the former president. That was funny. I would have loved to see his face too.
So you would like a baywatch boy? Uh

You would send away a baywatch babe that claims "dennis I love you!"?

Originally posted by mixer2002de+Jun 8th, 2004 - 11:47 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mixer2002de @ Jun 8th, 2004 - 11:47 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dennism@Jun 8th, 2004 - 11:07 am
So you would like a baywatch boy? Uh

You would send away a baywatch babe that claims "dennis I love you!"? [/b][/quote]
Maybe Dennism has some sophistication and class and doesn't want a bimbo. Maybe he wants a lady who is the full package of beauty, brains, and class.

A Baywatch babe can't deliver any of that--when they lose their looks and their breast implants harden and sag--they will have nothing left in life to offer.

Bravo to Dennism for picking a real woman instead of perpetuating the ideals that all other men seem to want--just looks.

Funny story :lol:

Talking about Baywatch babes...what is here meant? The actresses who were part of the show "Baywatch" or women, who love it to be at the beach, in tight revealing Bikinis?
Well, it actually doesn´t matter. Because for both I´ve the same opinion. Or better expressed I´ve NO opinion, when it comes to their character and intelligence. Because I just don´t know them. And so I´ve to say, that´s IMO not fair to claim that there nothing will stay, when their beauty goes away! They are human beings like everybody else, and that they like it to spend some days on the beach in their youth, don´t make (IMO) stupid or "bad" human beings out of them!

It´s nice to admire "classy" women and I´ve nothing against it, but one should be also aware that you can´t really know, how classy they really are, when you just see them on TV or in mags.

Good points, Lena. But I believe Mixer´s point was that any pretty face or "bodacious" body would be good enough for me. Tiaraprin and I disagree with Mixer on that viewpoint.

Originally posted by Dennism@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:22 pm
Good points, Lena. But I believe Mixer´s point was that any pretty face or "bodacious" body would be good enough for me. Tiaraprin and I disagree with Mixer on that viewpoint.
you are more attracted by your computer than a good looking woman? I would at least look at her, as I am a man. This does not mean that I would marry her and start a family with her! There are more important things than just looks!

No, what a ridiculous idea. I thought by the computer analogy you meant spending time looking at photos of Victoria.

So if I managed Vic to come around in a baywatch suit. Dennis would continue with looking pics of her on his PC. :huh:

Maybe then I should support her to forget this disappointment! :p

Well, maybe true...but when you say
Baywatch Babe? Not for me
Then you exclude all these women-independent from their character, that you don´t know. Further I know you closer, so I think, that I can say, that I know your view point on this topic. You divide the female world in 2 parts. The huge Bimbo-part and the little classy women part. (The same with guys, but that´s not part of the discussion)

Originally posted by mixer2002de@Jun 9th, 2004 - 1:32 pm
So if I managed Vic to come around in a baywatch suit. Dennis would continue with looking pics of her on his PC. :huh:

Maybe then I should support her to forget this disappointment! :p
Well, if you did that I would certainly look at her but I would also talk to her and maybe we´d hit it off because of our personalities. But that is not to say that I would not look at her. When I said Baywatch babe, I was thinking more of a body type then of their mere personalities.

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 9th, 2004 - 1:34 pm
Baywatch Babe? Not for me
Then you exclude all these women-independent from their character, that you don´t know. Further I know you closer, so I think, that I can say, that I know your view point on this topic. You divide the female world in 2 parts. The huge Bimbo-part and the little classy women part. (The same with guys, but that´s not part of the discussion)
That is not so. I do not divide the world up that way. Geez, how do I say this? I have female friends who may not be considered beautiful women on the outside but if you knew them then you would like them as well. And they have beautiful personalities. And vice versa, there are beautiful women who may not be classy but who still are beautiful. I know a few of them too. They just have fun personalities. I see it must be "Gang up on Dennis Day". :innocent:

yes...yes, looking in my calendar it says it´s "Gang up on Dennis Day" (always the day and night before the Corpus Christi day) :p

They just have fun personalities
This is the part, which indicates that what I´ve said. You divide them...IMO there aren´t just fun-personalities or just thoughtful personalities...it´s mostly a mixture of more features of character.

Well, I just meant that I do not see people in divisions of beautiful + bimbo and non-beautiful+ classy + non-fun. Everybody divides up people some way. I do have friends who are thoughful and fun. They are a mixture. Sure. But there are some people who are justmore fun or some who are just more thoughful

Originally posted by Dennism@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:48 pm

Well, if you did that I would certainly look at her but I would also talk to her and maybe we´d hit it off because of our personalities. But that is not to say that I would not look at her. When I said Baywatch babe, I was thinking more of a body type then of their mere personalities.
So Vic does not look good? You do not like her looks? What attracts you then. Here are just images!

Well, if I have to tell you, then you have not been paying attention. Now let´s get back to Lilian.

Originally posted by Dennism@Jun 9th, 2004 - 1:51 pm
Well, if I have to tell you, then you have not been paying attention. Now let´s get back to Lilian.
So you are not man enough to say: She looks good!

How poor!

People are probably tired of me saying that. :p

Since there's been an absence of HRH Princess Lilian lately, I though I would honour this great stylish lady B) with some pictures from past to present:

HRH Princess Lilian with her beloved husband HRH Prince Bertil in 1995

HRH Princess Lilian in a close picture in 1995

HRH Princess Lilian awarding the Hasselblad Foundation International Prize in Photography 1999

HRH Princess Lilian awarding a prize from the building industry in 1999

HRH Princess Lilian with Queen Silvia on Queen Ingrid of Denmark's funeral in 2000

HRH Princess Lilian (so stylish!) and the Crown Princess on the airport to welcome the President of France in 2000

HRH Princess Lilian with Crown Princess Victoria on the banquet during the official French visit in 2000

HRH Princess Lilian awarding the Hasselblad Foundation International Prize in Photography 2000

HRH Princess Lilian with Mrs. Bernadette Chircac in 2000

HRH Princess Lilian at The King & Queen silver wedding celebrations in 2001

HRH Princess Lilian at The Sweden-America Foundation's Annual Meeting 2002, in the right corner

HRH Princess Lilian at the Nobel Prize Ceremony 2003

HRH Princess Lilian at Idrottsgalan in Globen in 2003

HRH Princess Lilian at the ELLE Awards 2003

HRH Princess Lilian awarding the Gastronomical Academy's Awards 2004

HRH Princess Lilian awarding the Gastronomical Academy's Awards 2004

HRH Princess Lilian with Fernando Di Luca (the man who brought olive oil into the Swedish food traditions) at the Gastronomical Academy's Awards 2004

One of my favourite pictures of HRH Princess Lilian

Published in Aftonbladet on 29 August 2000:

The Princess who steals the show
Just in time for her 85th birthday, she publishes the book about the love story of her life.

Humour and hard work, there you have Princess Lilian’s recipe to a safe and sound cruise towards the 85th birthday. She has experienced great joy. And great sadness. When it was as darkest after Prince Bertil’s death, there was a faithful friend at hand: Queen Silvia who moved in on a bed in the living room.

Just in time for Princess Lilian’s birthday tomorrow, the book about her life with Prince Bertil is released. The love story that is sharper than most soap operas. The passion started to develop one evening in 1943 when bombs and shells drenched London, and Prince Bertil courageously went through the smoking city to save young Mrs. Lilian Craig from the debris of a destroyed house. They then became secret co-habiters, and where not allowed to marry by the Royal House until 7 December 1976.

- I wanted to tell about our life together and why I loved him so, and so many others who seemed to have done it too; she says when walks in on her sharp heels to present her work.

No one in the Royal House were allowed to read the script in advance, but this weekend Crown Princess Victoria came to visit at Villa Solbacken and then Princess Lilian handed over the finished book.

“Victoria read it in a stretch”
- Victoria laid down on the floor and read the book in a stretch from cover to cover, tell journalist Omar Magnergård who is the co-writer and has put together the material.

Princess Lilian shines up a little extra when the royal children ate at speak. She and Prince Bertil became something of grandparents during Victoria’s, Carl Philip’s and Madeleine’s upbringing – and now it’s the youngsters who comes to visit and keeps in touch with cool “auntie Lilian”. During Victoria’s study time in the USA, letters and cards where constantly coming to Villa Solbacken.
- She’ll be and excellent Queen, so ambitious, interested and good.
Any advice on the road?
- Oh, I think she’s doing an excellent job already!

Keeps in shape with work
About her own role in the Royal House, Princess Lilian says:
- I work as hard as I can – and that’s the only way to keep young.
- And then it’s important not to forget the humour, like we laughed together, Prince Bertil and I.

On 5 January 1997, the laughter silenced in Villa Solbacken. Prince Bertil fell asleep for ever and Princess Lilian hold his hand in hers. In the book she writes about the endless grieve and the friend who became her big support.

Queen Silvia camped just beside
- Who do you think camped in a bed? Yes, Queen Silvia. Night after night. We talked and talked. Every morning Queen Silvia got up, kissed “auntie Lilian”, as she calls me, on the cheek and went into the office at the Royal Palace of Stockholm.
Ever since, the ladies talk on the phone every day.
- Yes, The Queen is my dearest friend, says Princess Lilian.

The 85th birthday tomorrow is celebrated with a reception in the afternoon. In the evening, the Royal House invites to a family dinner at Drottningholm. Surprises have been promised.

Lilian’s favourites:
Artist: Nat King Cole
Sports star: Stefan Edberg “my golden boy”
Food: Fläsklägg and rotmos (can’t translate this to English since it’s so Swedish)
Drink: Bloody Mary
TV series: Sunset Beach (I think she's the only royal who could confess that this is the fact...)

Excellent photos and a great article. Thanks, Grand Duchess. Lilian is one of a kind.

Okay. The dictionary I have has Fläsklägg as the hand or knuckle of pork or of the pig itself. :p

Rotmoss is mashed turnips and potatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom