Princess Lilian, Current Events Part 1: November 2002 - January 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Cissan@Dec 14th, 2003 - 5:18 am
It looks like Princess Lilian has aged a lot the past years. She needed a lot of help to get down the stairs on Nobel. I really hope she's not sick :(
Yes, I´ve thought about that too :( . I hope that she will be able to stay with them until it´s time for a wedding, and some "grand children", maybee that is the thing wich keeps her alive :cry:

Originally posted by Alva+Dec 14th, 2003 - 10:48 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alva @ Dec 14th, 2003 - 10:48 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cissan@Dec 14th, 2003 - 5:18 am
It looks like Princess Lilian has aged a lot the past years. She needed a lot of help to get down the stairs on Nobel. I really hope she's not sick  :(
Yes, I´ve thought about that too :( . I hope that she will be able to stay with them until it´s time for a wedding, and some "grand children", maybee that is the thing wich keeps her alive :cry: [/b][/quote]
she not have children and grandchildren since her husband died in 1997 she widow

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by sara1981+Dec 14th, 2003 - 10:52 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sara1981 @ Dec 14th, 2003 - 10:52 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Alva@Dec 14th, 2003 - 10:48 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Cissan
@Dec 14th, 2003 - 5:18 am
It looks like Princess Lilian has aged a lot the past years. She needed a lot of help to get down the stairs on Nobel. I really hope she's not sick   :(

Yes, I´ve thought about that too :( . I hope that she will be able to stay with them until it´s time for a wedding, and some "grand children", maybee that is the thing wich keeps her alive :cry:
she not have children and grandchildren since her husband died in 1997 she widow

Sara Boyce [/b][/quote]
Yes I know that Sara, thats why i made the marks " " around the words grand children. I meant that for her, any children of Victoria, Carl Philip or Madeleine will be like grandchildren for her, or great grand children. Due to the fact that she never had any children of her own the Royal children became the substitutes.

hey guys i found out something shocking today. I am related to princess lilian,my mam's mam's father's sister is Princess lilian. It was in the newspaper and everything.By the way i am not joking, because you would not find a 14 year old researching royal history.heres my msn
johnny_157@hotmail.com

aso, lilian is your grandmother's aunt and are u welsh like the pss?

That's cool.

;) i will scan and put the newspaper article on here soon. ;)

How do you think about Pss Lilian.She is not beautiful,she is ugly.Her face always look sad. :cry:

princess lilian is an elderly widow. maybe she misses her husband.on a different note, does anyone care to venture a guess about how she feels about being denied a chance at motherhood.(i mean she was not allowed to mary until well past childbearing age)

Originally posted by LizvBo@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 1:01 pm
How do you think about Pss Lilian.She is not beautiful,she is ugly.Her face always look sad. :cry:

ugly?

I think she looks like a lady with a lot of carisma

she's a very dignified older woman, who imo, is still a pretty lady.
I'd be sad as well if the love of my life was gone.

I don't talk about her youth.I ask now she looks always sad and not beautiful. :(

I find Princess Lillian to be quite a refined and elegant woman. Pictures that I see of her often show her smiling, rarely sad.

;) Hi

Does anyone know if Lillian, because she is originally from England, speaks Swedish fluently and if she speaks english or swedish with other members of the family?

thanks

Shane

Lilian isn´t very good on swedish. I think she speaks english with the royal family and other friends...

Originally posted by LizvBo@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 7:01 am

Why do you think that princess Lilian is ugly ?
Is it her face or her body ?
She happens to be an older lady and i don´t think that she has ever had an plastic operation like Queen Silvia.
I also think that she are missing her husband and that is the most sad part of it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Originally posted by LizvBo@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 7:01 am

Sad and ugly are too very different things, IMO. Sad isn't ugly, just sad.

Originally posted by Jacqueline+Apr 26th, 2004 - 9:39 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jacqueline @ Apr 26th, 2004 - 9:39 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LizvBo@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 7:01 am

Sad and ugly are too very different things, IMO. Sad isn't ugly, just sad. [/b][/quote]
Thats my point

I saw the princess when she opened a conference I attended in Stockholm a few years ago. She was a very beautiful elderly lady,radiating calm,beautifully turned out. She appeared at shgort notice as a substitute for Queen Silvia. Nobody can really know in this day and age how her life was. It must have been difficult to be shut out of the life of a man who to all intents and purposes was her husband. At one time,and it must have been when they were together,it was apparently suggested that Prince Bertil marry Princess Margaret. This was probably not the only time a possible marriage was proposed for Prince Bertil. How nice for Princess Lilian to have been able to marry before it was too late and to enjoy the respect she now has.

Princess Lilian is not from England she is from Wales. Welsh people do not like to be called English because they are not English. Just like people from Scotland dislike being regarded as English when they are Scottish.

Princess Lilian arrives to the polar prize ceremony at the 24th of May.

Princess Lilian is such an elegant lady – to me the most elegant of all the older royal women of Europe! It’s nice to see her out and about, and that she has the strength to carry on with a few official engagements every now and then.

Originally posted by happy_27@Apr 26th, 2004 - 8:36 am

Does anyone know if Lillian, because she is originally from England, speaks Swedish fluently and if she speaks english or swedish with other members of the family?

From what I understand she can "get by" in Swedish, meaning that she can understand much of it and speak it but she is not totally fluent in it. It takes years of study before one can call themselves fluent in a language.

I wonder now, what does "fluent" mean?? That you can express everything what you want/think/feel? Or that you speak a language without an accent?

Originally posted by Lena@May 25th, 2004 - 12:34 pm
I wonder now, what does "fluent" mean?? That you can express everything what you want/think/feel? Or that you speak a language without an accent?
Fluency in another language means being able to express oneself effortlessly in both oral and written form. People who can hold a basic conversation in another language often wrongly call themselves fluent in another language. Having an accent has nothing to do with fluency most adults who learn another language will have an accent.

QUESTIONS

just wondering about Princess Lilian why did she have to wait so many years to marry her Prince, when he was the Kings uncle, this i don't understand, if the king was the crown Prince of Sweden why couldn't his uncle Marry Lilian, Crown Prince Carl was going to be King why should this interfer with his uncles Marriage?

Another thing is this with the Royal children now, since they changed alot of the protcal as we see in the other Royal house holds if Prince Carl Phillp or Princess Madeleine were to get engaged first b4 Crown Princess Victoria, would they eb allowed to marry b4 her, example The Danish Crown Prince Married now but his brother married years b4 him and Crown Prince Felipe Married now but his sisters married b4 him, is this allowed in Sweden or does the Crown Princess have to marry first b4 Carl phillp and Madeleline can marry?

Originally posted by NJRedDevils@Jun 4th, 2004 - 10:46 pm
QUESTIONS

just wondering about Princess Lilian why did she have to wait so many years to marry her Prince, when he was the Kings uncle, this i don't understand, if the king was the crown Prince of Sweden why couldn't his uncle Marry Lilian, Crown Prince Carl was going to be King why should this interfer with his uncles Marriage?

Another thing is this with the Royal children now, since they changed alot of the protcal as we see in the other Royal house holds if Prince Carl Phillp or Princess Madeleine were to get engaged first b4 Crown Princess Victoria, would they eb allowed to marry b4 her, example The Danish Crown Prince Married now but his brother married years b4 him and Crown Prince Felipe Married now but his sisters married b4 him, is this allowed in Sweden or does the Crown Princess have to marry first b4 Carl phillp and Madeleline can marry?
"After his eldest brother Gustaf Adolf had died in 1947, leaving a less than one-year-old son, and every other heir to the throne had lost their right to it (due to untolerated marriages), it seemed likely that Bertil would one day become Regent.

For this reason, Bertil chose not to marry Welsh Lilian Davies, as that would violate his succession. However, his father lived long enough for Bertil's nephew Carl XVI Gustaf to achieve full age, and under the views of the new King, he was permitted to marry her, and did so on December 7, 1976. Still first in line to the throne (until the birth of Crown Prince Carl Philip in 1979), Bertil continued to be the King's deputy.

When the Act of Succession was changed in 1980, right to the throne was restricted to Carl XVI Gustaf and his descendants; however, a special addendum was made for Bertil's case, so that he became third (and, after the birth of Princess Madeleine in 1982, fourth) in line to the throne."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom