Princess Estelle, News and Pictures Part 2: June 2014 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, sounds like Estelle has her own best interests at heart ..... popcorn and hamster. :)

She has good taste... I wonder if she has discovered Hello Kitty yet ;)

The new autumnal photos of Estelle are gorgeous, she's such a charming little girl. I am looking forward to next year when we will get photos of Estelle with her new sibling.

The anecdotes about Estelle wishing for a hamster and liking popcorn are so cute. It's nice that the Swedish royals share anecdotes like this.

Last edited:
HRH Princess Estelle has fourth birthday on 23th February. The county of Östergötland's gift to the Duchess is a pendant/charm depicting a Kantkremla (Russula vesca, known by the common names of bare-toothed Russula or the flirt) - the province mushroom of Östergötland.
The charm is the third charm to the bracelet the princess got on her first birthday. The goldsmith and artist Margareth Sandström from Östergötland has designed the bracelet and all charms.
The Östergötland symbols represent what is typical in it's natural environment. Russula vesca is one of our most delicious mushrooms, which are relatively rare in most parts of Sweden. In Östergötland, as part of the Swedish band from Bohuslän to Mälardalen, it is however quite common.
Östergötland uppvaktar hertiginnan prinsessan Estelle - Länsstyrelsen Östergötland
Translation

The bracelet, gift on first birthday
http://www.lansstyrelsen.se/ostergo...lsen/landshovding-och-lansledning/Armband.jpg
The swan charm, gift on second birthday
http://www.lansstyrelsen.se/ostergo...lsen/pressrum/pressbilder/Svanen_original.jpg
The northern pike charm, gift on third birthday
http://www.lansstyrelsen.se/ostergo...v/om-lansstyrelsen/om-lanet/Berlock_gadda.jpg

Last edited:
The charm bracelet was the perfect gift idea for a little princess. Something they can add to every year. Such a sweet gift she can treasure years later from the people of her duchy.

I wonder if the 4 year old will get the hamster she was wanting :flowers: I hope her little sister or brother waits a few days or more to make an entrance, they both should have their own day.

HRH Princess Estelle has fourth birthday on 23th February. The county of Östergötland's gift to the Duchess is a pendant/charm depicting a Kantkremla (Russula vesca, known by the common names of bare-toothed Russula or the flirt) - the province mushroom of Östergötland.
The charm is the third charm to the bracelet the princess got on her first birthday. The goldsmith and artist Margareth Sandström from Östergötland has designed the bracelet and all charms.
The Östergötland symbols represent what is typical in it's natural environment. Russula vesca is one of our most delicious mushrooms, which are relatively rare in most parts of Sweden. In Östergötland, as part of the Swedish band from Bohuslän to Mälardalen, it is however quite common.
Östergötland uppvaktar hertiginnan prinsessan Estelle - Länsstyrelsen Östergötland
Translation
What kind of mushroom is this, edible or not? Here in the US we have the edible Chanterelles in this color. Major YUM. :flowers: Or the toxic false Chanterelle and Jack o Lantern :eek:

What kind of mushroom is this, edible or not? Here in the US we have the edible Chanterelles in this color. Major YUM. :flowers: Or the toxic false Chanterelle and Jack o Lantern :eek:

According to wiki, it seems to be fully edible, eaten raw in areas of Finland and Russia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russula_vesca

Given how in Sweden mushroom picking is a national sport and the authorities go to great lengths educating people which ones are edible or not I'd be very surprised for them to pick a non edible one as an official symbol.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The charm bracelet was the perfect gift idea for a little princess. Something they can add to every year. Such a sweet gift she can treasure years later from the people of her duchy.

I wonder if the 4 year old will get the hamster she was wanting :flowers: I hope her little sister or brother waits a few days or more to make an entrance, they both should have their own day.

It's a perfect gift for any girl IMO. :). Mom & Dad bought one for me when I was born & it's been added to over the years. When it was announced Estelle's Duchy were doing this for her Birthdays, I said then it was a lovely & fantastic idea because of the obvious, a very special & personal piece of her Jewelry Collection she will treasure for years to come.

There's another part of it though, which is brilliant in it's way too, by choosing charms of Wildlife & Produce important to Estelle's Duchy, It's going to open up conversations about the various charms. Such as " Dad, why have I got a Mushroom on my Charm Bracelet?", which starts an explanation about that kind of Mushroom & it's importance to the County Estelle's the Duchess of, which in turn helps Estelle learn a little bit more about the place she's Duchess of. Win win!!

As I said, it really is brilliant in it's way. :)

I just wish I have the lobster clasp on my Charms, like Estelle's & all Charms seem to have these days, as Jump Rings can & do pull apart sometimes. I lost some special Charms that way sadly. At least now they're on more securely.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Wonderful pics especially the family one:flowers: Smile to think soon will be 4

Love the one with the two cousins as well. Maybe one of all the cousins together this summer at one of the baptisms :)

Love the commemorative stamps! Silvia looks great! 40 years as queen. The succession stamp was wonderful.

Pictures of Estelle by herself and with her parents Victoria and Daniel were lovely too. Next year her little brother or sister (or brothers, sisters or brother & sister) with be in the pictures. (Twin rumors are still ginning).

Happy Birthday Estelle! :flowers::princess3::swedenflag2:

Aftonbladet writes about the County of Östergötland's present, the mushroom charm. Governor Elisabeth Nilsson tells once again that Estelle will receive a total of nine charms until she turns 10. What kind of gift she gets after that, the future will tell.
Do you know how the princess has reacted to the gifts before?
- She feels certainly that it is fine but you have to understand that she is four years old now and then it might be dolls and things like that matter more. I think it takes a few years before she understands the value of the bracelet. One should respect the fact that she is a little girl, says Elisabeth Nilsson.
Aftonbladet has also asked from Margareta Thorgren if Estelle has got the hamster Victoria told she wanted?
- Haha, I have no comments to that, said Thorgren.
Det får prinsessan Estelle i present _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

A gallery of Estelle's life in Aftonbladet
Här är ditt liv i bilder, Estelle _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

I love the stamps. The one of the three generations is wonderful. Must say love Vic's hair, she should wear it like that:flowers: But Estelle is adorable as ever and so nice to see the three like that. Reminds me of Norway where we often get pics of IA with Harald an Haakon. The queen looks great in hers as well.

Estelle and Victoria as four year old
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCIeJU8JLPd/?taken-by=svenskdamtidning

Estelle's first 4 years at TV4 News
Grattis Estelle - fira med härlig bildkavalkad - TV4 Play

Svenska Dagbladet about Estelle's birthday:
Birthday greetings were written on the court's website as well as on Facebook during the entire birthday.
- She has a unique ability to be always happy. Every time we have seen her in public, she has danced and ran and waved. The times we have Estelle on the cover, we sell always more magazines, said Roger Lundgren, editor-in-chief of royal magazine Kungliga magasinet.
Tätt mellan kungliga tårtor _ SvD

So far there are over 128 000 likes and 6300 comments at the court Facebook, and over 25600 likes and almost 900 comments at court Instagram.

Last edited by a moderator:
Estelle looks adorable in her new photos and the stamps. I particularly love the photo of her with Victoria and Daniel, it has such a lovely warm family feel to it.

I hope she had a wonderful birthday.

I may sound a bit cynical by saying this, but the media have no way to complain when it comes to Estelle. As long as she looks like a happy and lively child when she is on public display I think she will always "sell". We'll see what is gonna happen when she gets into the difficult period of adolescence.

I may sound a bit cynical by saying this, but the media have no way to complain when it comes to Estelle. As long as she looks like a happy and lively child when she is on public display I think she will always "sell". We'll see what is gonna happen when she gets into the difficult period of adolescence.

Eventually I'm sure she must begin to feel some kind of pressure to always be cheerful, smiling etc..

Eventually I'm sure she must begin to feel some kind of pressure to always be cheerful, smiling etc..

Yes, I agree. I think having a sibling will ease her pressure of being in the spotlight a bit...

My birthday wish for Estelle is that she never feels pressure from the media spotlight. Now, if only I were here fairy godmother. :D

Somehow I think her parents are making public appearances fun for her... and I hope they are able to continue this... it will make her life so much more enjoyable...

I think they are doing it well. They are introducing it early, and in a fun way. She gets used to the cameras and the attention. Instead of some royal children who are so extremely sheltered, that when they do face the cameras when they are older, they wont know how to handle it. Like any child, there will be times when she wont want a camera in her face, puberty comes to mind, will be easier for someone eased into the life.

She is happy because she has all the attention as the only child.

Just wait until she gets her sibling.:lol:

She requested a hamster not a sibling.:ermm::whistling:

She was an only child for 4 years. Most 4 year olds want a baby brother/sister. Estelle said she prefers a hamster to a sibling.

Let's wait and see if the perfect child in front of the camera continues to be the perfect child when she has to share.

Come back when she is six or seven to see if she withstood the baby sibling jealousy or fully embraced her baby sibling rather than just tolerated the sibling.

When asked if she wanted a sister or brother she asked for a hamster. That is a pretty common response for small children. I have heard puppy or kitty before. I don't see it as a sign she is spoiled only child and will be a brat when she has siblings.

When asked if she wanted a sister or brother she asked for a hamster. That is a pretty common response for small children. I have heard puppy or kitty before. I don't see it as a sign she is spoiled only child and will be a brat when she has siblings.

No one said brat or spoil.
She has been an only child for four years and is just use to what she has had and does not want it to change.

Big changes can be scary for a 4 year old. She wanted a little change (hamster) not a big change.

Sorry but where I come from when you insinuate 'lets see how perfect she will be when she has to share attention' it sounds like you think she is spoiled and will be a brat when she has a sibling.

It's not about change. What is more fun? A baby or a pet? A baby she cant play with till they get bigger. A pet she can play with now. Normal child like response. She has been around her little cousins enough to know that the baby is not going to be too much fun for some months to come.

Your entire post was about jealousy and not wanting to share. Certainly doesn't shed a good light on Estelle. You don't need to write the words spoiled brat to come across as saying that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom