Princess Estelle, News and Pictures Part 2: June 2014 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there this need for an adult to predict the future character failures of a 4 year old? Much less the possible character failures for that same child two or three years on from now? I just don't understand the value since we know no childhood is perfect. In fact, we know children learn through exploring success, failure and challenge.
I do know that I am delighted when a see a child able to smile and enjoy the moment. And I wish her the best going forward. Because to wish a child misery is beyond me.

I think they are doing it well. They are introducing it early, and in a fun way. She gets used to the cameras and the attention. Instead of some royal children who are so extremely sheltered, that when they do face the cameras when they are older, they wont know how to handle it. Like any child, there will be times when she wont want a camera in her face, puberty comes to mind, will be easier for someone eased into the life.

So do I. She seems to be a happy little girl who's clearly comfortable with the way she's exposed to the general public. To me, who don't really know that much about children, it seems she has a stable home and two sensible loving parents who's succeeded, so far, in bringing up a very well mannered and outgoing child.

So do I. She seems to be a happy little girl who's clearly comfortable with the way she's exposed to the general public. To me, who don't really know that much about children, it seems she has a stable home and two sensible loving parents who's succeeded, so far, in bringing up a very well mannered and outgoing child.

I agree I think her parents have brought up a well mannered and outgoing child and in public she will continue to behave as such.

It is also, possible she will change. A lot of outgoing children who enjoyed nursery school become shy when starting a different school.

Children who were outgoing as an only child suddenly become reserved when they have a sibling.

She might take her role as big sister very seriously and change her outgoing exuberance or she may remain just the same. Either way it will take two or three years to see if there are any changes.

Siblings and growing up do change a child.

She is a lovely, happy child.

I hope her sibling has minimal impact on her personality and she is not too disappointed.:flowers:

Last edited:
I agree I think her parents have brought up a well mannered and outgoing child and in public she will continue to behave as such.

It is also, possible she will change. A lot of outgoing children who enjoyed nursery school become shy when starting a different school.

Children who were outgoing as an only child suddenly become reserved when they have a sibling.

She might take her role as big sister very seriously and change her outgoing exuberance or she may remain just the same. Either way it will take two or three years to see if there are any changes.

Siblings and growing up do change a child.

She is a lovely, happy child.

I hope her sibling has minimal impact on her personality and she is not too disappointed.:flowers:

There is always the possibility that as she grows older and gets aware of what the future holds for her it'll change her personality as could only the process of growing older change her. Is it that common for children who gets a younger sibling to change that much?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

No one said brat or spoil.
She has been an only child for four years and is just use to what she has had and does not want it to change.

Big changes can be scary for a 4 year old. She wanted a little change (hamster) not a big change.
I agree with you on a change but I believe it will be no radical one. For a personal example: My older brother was not spoiled or a brat, but a lively child. My mom told me my brother ate alone (held spoons by himself, he was independent), but when I was born, he (who was 3 years old) stopped eating by himself because he saw my mom feeding me. I think he felt a change, he had to share his mom and dad with me, but he became my best friend in the end and that's what matters:flowers:

Estelle might adapt well, but she could also feel the change, she no longer will have mommy and daddy just for her. It might be a bit dificult to adapt at first but she is a very happy child and she will enjoy his brother/sister company right away.

Expressen has an article about Estelle's bags. She has that lovely purse she had at Te Deum, at Désirée Magnuson's christening she had a bag from Marie-Chantal, and when she started preschool, she had a Kånken backpack. Estelle has also a little heart-shaped bag by Minna Parikka, which she got as a present from the presidential couple of Finland at their state visit in 2012.
Prinsessan Estelles fina samling av väskor _ Nyheter _ Expressen

From the website of Anna Afzelius-Alm
A painting of Estelle
Princess Estelle: 100x80cm, oil and collage on canvas (private collection/girl's parents)
http://h24-original.s3.amazonaws.co...anvas_(private_collection/girl's_parents).jpg

From Anna Afzelius-Alm's Instagram, 13 weeks ago
"Estelle on her way to her parents...☺️"
https://www.instagram.com/p/_Gh1obwXoi/?taken-by=anna.afzelius.alm
https://www.instagram.com/p/-gJxZswXjG/?taken-by=anna.afzelius.alm

She has used a photo of Estelle at the European Figure Skating Championships 2015 at her painting.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010050011N14579891812216958

About Anna Afzelius-Alm
After years as professional management consultant Anna Afzelius-Alm decided to follow her heart and start painting full time. This shift in carrier happened in August 2015. She was born in 1975 in Minneapolis, USA, grew up in Germany and has lived in England, Switzerland and China. After this rather busy and perhaps stressful background she has now finally settled down with her family in Sigtuna, Sweden, where she also has her studio.
Home _ Afzelius-Alm Art

Last edited:
The court published just at their website this photo of Estelle, taken by photographer Anna-Lena Ahlström (when the photos to the stamps were taken). When you save it, it gives info that it has been taken on 5th October 2015.
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...den+Foto+Anna-Lena+Ahlström+Kungahuset.se.jpg

The photo was also updated to Estelle's page at the court website.
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/18.274e83ca152f44100912f1c/1458113405286/PRE+sve+mars+2016.jpg

Aftonbladet's royal expert Jenny Alexandersson:
- It's a big thing to be at an official press photo completely alone when you are four years old. Victoria and Daniel began early reintegrating Estelle in the royal world, she was just two years old when she inaugurated a fairytale path which she got as her christening present. It is tactics from Daniel's and Victoria's side, they want Estelle to feel secure in her future role and at the same fill the need of the Swedish people, who want to see more of her, Alexandersson says.
Hovet släpper bilder på prinsessan Estelle och kronprinsessparet _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Last edited:
What an adorable picture. She is looking so grown up! Oh how time flies.

She is so lovely and growing up.:flowers:

I am still anxious for the family pics with Oscar. I cant wait to see Estelle with her little brother. She was so sweet in photos with Leo, I cant wait to see her with her baby brother.

I absolutely adore this little Princess, she is such a ray of sunshine. :wub:
I think Princes William and Duchess Kate could learn a thing or two from Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel about balancing the public duties with their private life. They have exposed Estelle to the public in such a way that she doesn't appear to be afraid or apprehensive about being in the public eye, yet she still gets to experience her childhood. I believe she will be very well prepared for her future role, hats off to Victoria and Daniel!!:flowers:

Wow, She grew up so fast. What a lovely photo.

On one hand I agree that William and Kate could take lessons on how Victoria and Daniel are exposing Estelle to public duties. But, unfortunately, the press in England is nowhere near as courteous as the press in Sweden. I do not think W&K would be as successful in that atmosphere.

What an adorable picture. She is looking so grown up! Oh how time flies.

I know. Wasn't she born yesterday? Sure seems like it, doesn't it?

She is so lovely and growing up.:flowers:

I am still anxious for the family pics with Oscar. I cant wait to see Estelle with her little brother. She was so sweet in photos with Leo, I cant wait to see her with her baby brother.

Same here. Those pictures were such a Treasure & like you, can't wait to see her & little Oscar together.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

On one hand I agree that William and Kate could take lessons on how Victoria and Daniel are exposing Estelle to public duties. But, unfortunately, the press in England is nowhere near as courteous as the press in Sweden. I do not think W&K would be as successful in that atmosphere.

The brittish press is not the same as the swedish press, I agree. But in some degree it's a game of give and take in both the UK and in Sweden. As far as I can tell, V&D have released much more pictures of Estelle than W&K has done with George and Charlotte. There is a demand, and as a royal parent you can meet that demand yourself or try to keep the press away (which never works in the long run).

Paparazzis will always be a problem, especially in the UK. I'm not trying to sweep that problem under the rug. It's really bad. But to some degree it's also a question of parenting style. V&D has chosen a somewhat different path than other royal parents. So I agree with Rebafan81 - bringing the little ones to official engagements at a very early age gets them used to being in the public eye, and at the same time gives the press great photo opportunities. Trying to shelter your child from the public eye will sooner or later give everyone a rude awakening. IMO.

Eventually I'm sure she must begin to feel some kind of pressure to always be cheerful, smiling etc..
Yes, I agree. I think having a sibling will ease her pressure of being in the spotlight a bit...
Somehow I think her parents are making public appearances fun for her... and I hope they are able to continue this... it will make her life so much more enjoyable...
I believe that Victoria and Daniel are drawing on Victoria's life experience in bringing up Estelle. Victoria wasn't really seen that often and when she "came out" at 18she still had that nasty little thing called "baby fat". What a name, but it hurt her very much. The stress of her "transition" from child to adult in gala and other public engagements resulted in a nasty case of Anorexia Nervosa which, credit where credit's due, the court did not try to hide but did take steps to distance her during her higher education. The US was a long way away but it allowed her space to enable treatment.

Crown Princess Victoria is a very smart lady and Prince Daniel met her when she was still fighting that disease. They are going to ensure that Estelle and Oscar are raised with all the privacy necessary to ensure their healthy growth and in the full knowledge of their destiny. Their parent's continued love and support will ensure that and a balance of photo's and public appearances, such as Estelle has already been exposed to, continue so the family and the country are served.

I believe that Victoria and Daniel are drawing on Victoria's life experience in bringing up Estelle. Victoria wasn't really seen that often and when she "came out" at 18she still had that nasty little thing called "baby fat". What a name, but it hurt her very much. The stress of her "transition" from child to adult in gala and other public engagements resulted in a nasty case of Anorexia Nervosa which, credit where credit's due, the court did not try to hide but did take steps to distance her during her higher education. The US was a long way away but it allowed her space to enable treatment.

Crown Princess Victoria is a very smart lady and Prince Daniel met her when she was still fighting that disease. They are going to ensure that Estelle and Oscar are raised with all the privacy necessary to ensure their healthy growth and in the full knowledge of their destiny. Their parent's continued love and support will ensure that and a balance of photo's and public appearances, such as Estelle has already been exposed to, continue so the family and the country are served.

I fully agree on that MARG. I think Daniel and Victoria are grat at parenting. It must not b easy to find, what it looks like, a balanced way of exposing their daughter (and now also their son) to the media and the world. I also think that Daniel and Victoria will do their best to shelter and protect her from whatever nasty experience she might getting into in the future. I just hope that, when Estelle reaches that delicate and sensitive age of pre-adolescence, the press will be stil respectful of them all, as it has been all these years.

5 reasons why we love princess Estelle
Princess Estelle is a real little charmer and despite of her young age, she has many fans around the world. It is almost impossible not to like her, here are five reasons to it!

1. She has a bubbly personality and we always see her smile when the family is in public.
2. She likes people and has already taken after her mother and father with greeting kindly on those who want to. Believe indeed that mom Victoria is surprised!
3. She is caring and cares about other people. Here she brings a pacifier to Prince Nicolas when he was sad in his baptism. And she helped her cousin Princess Leonore to stand up when she fell.
4. She is already very good at our stamps (of course, impossible not to be when you're as cute as she is).
5. She is already an expert at waving to everyone she meets, and seems to think it's really fun!
5 anledningar till varför vi älskar Prinsessan Estelle _ Allt om Sveriges kungahus

Svensk Damtidning has an article about the photos Kate Gabor has taken of Estelle. Many of those are similar than the photos taken of Haga princesses Margaretha, Birgitta and Désiree, to the book "Tre små sessor" published in 1940. It's a wink to history, just like Victoria loves. When Estelle was born, Victoria and Daniel wanted that the world could get a part of their daughter's life in a natural and open way. And they decided that it would be them who would publish the photos of their daughter, taken by one photographer during the years. Their friends told about Kate Gabor, who was specialized to family and portrait photos. When Estelle was three weeks old, Kate came for the first time to take photos of her. And after that she has taken photos of Estelle many times. Her photos are timeless and warm. And it is hardly a coincidence that Kate chose to shoot Estelle in the same way as Hagasessorna once.
Svensk Damtidning called Kate Gabor, she said:
- As you know I have no comments regarding my photographing assignment for the royal court. But I wish you luck with the reportage, it will be exciting to see it.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

I just wonder why SD has photo one photo taken of Estelle by Anna-Lena Ahlström at their article...

Kate Gabor takes wonderful photographs, she really captures Estelle's spirit. As to why SD included a photo by Anna-Lena Ahlström I think it was to illustrate the similarities between pictures taken now and the old pictures of the Swedish Royal children.

Estelle got a Dala Horse as a christening present from the county of Dalarna.

But she got also another Wooden Horse. Upon the birth of Estelle The Wooden Horse Museum Sweden commissioned folklore painter Åse Larsjos to paint "The Little Star" Horse. The first horse was given to Estelle, and 300 pieces of The Little Star horses were made for sale (200 in red, 50 in blue and 50 in pink). SEK 100 of every Little Star horse that was sold was donated to the Foundation "Save the Children".
"The Little Star" at Åse Larsjos blog:
Gåva till den lilla Prinsessan Estelle !

The County Administrative Board of Östergötland has on their website an own website for HQ photos of Estelle's christening presents and the birthday presents Östergötland has given to her (the photo from this year is missing). There are also photos of princess Estelle's salon at the Linköping Castle (the governor's residence), a room that has been dedicated to Estelle and is a part of the representation rooms.
Prinsessan Estelle - Länsstyrelsen Östergötland

There are also HQ photos of Estelle's visit to Östergötland and inauguration of the fairytale path.
Invigningen av Prinsessan Estelles sagostig - Länsstyrelsen Östergötland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom