The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 08:21 AM
Majesty

I may sound a bit cynical by saying this, but the media have no way to complain when it comes to Estelle. As long as she looks like a happy and lively child when she is on public display I think she will always "sell". We'll see what is gonna happen when she gets into the difficult period of adolescence.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I may sound a bit cynical by saying this, but the media have no way to complain when it comes to Estelle. As long as she looks like a happy and lively child when she is on public display I think she will always "sell". We'll see what is gonna happen when she gets into the difficult period of adolescence.

Eventually I'm sure she must begin to feel some kind of pressure to always be cheerful, smiling etc..

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 02-28-2016, 10:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Eventually I'm sure she must begin to feel some kind of pressure to always be cheerful, smiling etc..

Yes, I agree. I think having a sibling will ease her pressure of being in the spotlight a bit...
Old 02-28-2016, 10:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

My birthday wish for Estelle is that she never feels pressure from the media spotlight. Now, if only I were here fairy godmother.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:39 AM
Courtier

Somehow I think her parents are making public appearances fun for her... and I hope they are able to continue this... it will make her life so much more enjoyable...
Old 02-28-2016, 01:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think they are doing it well. They are introducing it early, and in a fun way. She gets used to the cameras and the attention. Instead of some royal children who are so extremely sheltered, that when they do face the cameras when they are older, they wont know how to handle it. Like any child, there will be times when she wont want a camera in her face, puberty comes to mind, will be easier for someone eased into the life.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:50 PM
Royal Highness

She is happy because she has all the attention as the only child.

Just wait until she gets her sibling.

She requested a hamster not a sibling.

She was an only child for 4 years. Most 4 year olds want a baby brother/sister. Estelle said she prefers a hamster to a sibling.

Let's wait and see if the perfect child in front of the camera continues to be the perfect child when she has to share.

Come back when she is six or seven to see if she withstood the baby sibling jealousy or fully embraced her baby sibling rather than just tolerated the sibling.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

When asked if she wanted a sister or brother she asked for a hamster. That is a pretty common response for small children. I have heard puppy or kitty before. I don't see it as a sign she is spoiled only child and will be a brat when she has siblings.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
When asked if she wanted a sister or brother she asked for a hamster. That is a pretty common response for small children. I have heard puppy or kitty before. I don't see it as a sign she is spoiled only child and will be a brat when she has siblings.
No one said brat or spoil.
She has been an only child for four years and is just use to what she has had and does not want it to change.

Big changes can be scary for a 4 year old. She wanted a little change (hamster) not a big change.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sorry but where I come from when you insinuate 'lets see how perfect she will be when she has to share attention' it sounds like you think she is spoiled and will be a brat when she has a sibling.

It's not about change. What is more fun? A baby or a pet? A baby she cant play with till they get bigger. A pet she can play with now. Normal child like response. She has been around her little cousins enough to know that the baby is not going to be too much fun for some months to come.

Your entire post was about jealousy and not wanting to share. Certainly doesn't shed a good light on Estelle. You don't need to write the words spoiled brat to come across as saying that
Old 02-28-2016, 04:41 PM
Majesty

Why is there this need for an adult to predict the future character failures of a 4 year old? Much less the possible character failures for that same child two or three years on from now? I just don't understand the value since we know no childhood is perfect. In fact, we know children learn through exploring success, failure and challenge.
I do know that I am delighted when a see a child able to smile and enjoy the moment. And I wish her the best going forward. Because to wish a child misery is beyond me.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I think they are doing it well. They are introducing it early, and in a fun way. She gets used to the cameras and the attention. Instead of some royal children who are so extremely sheltered, that when they do face the cameras when they are older, they wont know how to handle it. Like any child, there will be times when she wont want a camera in her face, puberty comes to mind, will be easier for someone eased into the life.

So do I. She seems to be a happy little girl who's clearly comfortable with the way she's exposed to the general public. To me, who don't really know that much about children, it seems she has a stable home and two sensible loving parents who's succeeded, so far, in bringing up a very well mannered and outgoing child.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
So do I. She seems to be a happy little girl who's clearly comfortable with the way she's exposed to the general public. To me, who don't really know that much about children, it seems she has a stable home and two sensible loving parents who's succeeded, so far, in bringing up a very well mannered and outgoing child.
I agree I think her parents have brought up a well mannered and outgoing child and in public she will continue to behave as such.

It is also, possible she will change. A lot of outgoing children who enjoyed nursery school become shy when starting a different school.

Children who were outgoing as an only child suddenly become reserved when they have a sibling.

She might take her role as big sister very seriously and change her outgoing exuberance or she may remain just the same. Either way it will take two or three years to see if there are any changes.

Siblings and growing up do change a child.

She is a lovely, happy child.

I hope her sibling has minimal impact on her personality and she is not too disappointed.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
I agree I think her parents have brought up a well mannered and outgoing child and in public she will continue to behave as such.

It is also, possible she will change. A lot of outgoing children who enjoyed nursery school become shy when starting a different school.

Children who were outgoing as an only child suddenly become reserved when they have a sibling.

She might take her role as big sister very seriously and change her outgoing exuberance or she may remain just the same. Either way it will take two or three years to see if there are any changes.

Siblings and growing up do change a child.

She is a lovely, happy child.

I hope her sibling has minimal impact on her personality and she is not too disappointed.

There is always the possibility that as she grows older and gets aware of what the future holds for her it'll change her personality as could only the process of growing older change her. Is it that common for children who gets a younger sibling to change that much?

Old 02-28-2016, 07:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
No one said brat or spoil.
She has been an only child for four years and is just use to what she has had and does not want it to change.

Big changes can be scary for a 4 year old. She wanted a little change (hamster) not a big change.
I agree with you on a change but I believe it will be no radical one. For a personal example: My older brother was not spoiled or a brat, but a lively child. My mom told me my brother ate alone (held spoons by himself, he was independent), but when I was born, he (who was 3 years old) stopped eating by himself because he saw my mom feeding me. I think he felt a change, he had to share his mom and dad with me, but he became my best friend in the end and that's what matters

Estelle might adapt well, but she could also feel the change, she no longer will have mommy and daddy just for her. It might be a bit dificult to adapt at first but she is a very happy child and she will enjoy his brother/sister company right away.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen has an article about Estelle's bags. She has that lovely purse she had at Te Deum, at Désirée Magnuson's christening she had a bag from Marie-Chantal, and when she started preschool, she had a Kånken backpack. Estelle has also a little heart-shaped bag by Minna Parikka, which she got as a present from the presidential couple of Finland at their state visit in 2012.
Prinsessan Estelles fina samling av väskor _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Old 03-14-2016, 04:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

From the website of Anna Afzelius-Alm
A painting of Estelle
Princess Estelle: 100x80cm, oil and collage on canvas (private collection/girl's parents)
http://h24-original.s3.amazonaws.com...parents%29.jpg

From Anna Afzelius-Alm's Instagram, 13 weeks ago
"Estelle on her way to her parents...☺️"
https://www.instagram.com/p/_Gh1obwX...a.afzelius.alm
https://www.instagram.com/p/-gJxZswX...a.afzelius.alm

She has used a photo of Estelle at the European Figure Skating Championships 2015 at her painting.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010050...79891812216958

About Anna Afzelius-Alm
After years as professional management consultant Anna Afzelius-Alm decided to follow her heart and start painting full time. This shift in carrier happened in August 2015. She was born in 1975 in Minneapolis, USA, grew up in Germany and has lived in England, Switzerland and China. After this rather busy and perhaps stressful background she has now finally settled down with her family in Sigtuna, Sweden, where she also has her studio.
Home _ Afzelius-Alm Art
Old 03-16-2016, 05:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

The court published just at their website this photo of Estelle, taken by photographer Anna-Lena Ahlström (when the photos to the stamps were taken). When you save it, it gives info that it has been taken on 5th October 2015.
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200....gahuset.se.jpg

The photo was also updated to Estelle's page at the court website.
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/18.2...+mars+2016.jpg

Aftonbladet's royal expert Jenny Alexandersson:
- It's a big thing to be at an official press photo completely alone when you are four years old. Victoria and Daniel began early reintegrating Estelle in the royal world, she was just two years old when she inaugurated a fairytale path which she got as her christening present. It is tactics from Daniel's and Victoria's side, they want Estelle to feel secure in her future role and at the same fill the need of the Swedish people, who want to see more of her, Alexandersson says.
Hovet släpper bilder på prinsessan Estelle och kronprinsessparet _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet
Old 03-16-2016, 12:05 PM
Majesty

Lovely little girl.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

What an adorable picture. She is looking so grown up! Oh how time flies.

Closed Thread

Tags
princess estelle