Princess Christina and Family, Current Events Part 1: March 2003 - January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A video of Victor Magnuson speaking about Fatshark at Alumni Days in December 2017, in english. He presents himself, tells about his education and career and about Fatshark. He is quite impressive.

Last edited:
SVT's finnish editorial has shown already three episodes of their six-episode documentary serie "Folktro" (folk belief).
Vicky Andrén Magnuson plays "skogsrå" at the first esipode. Skogsrå was a dangerous woman-like creature, woodnymph, who was moving in the woods. She was incredibly beautiful and could attract men to get lost in the woods. She was extremely tempting, but when men saw her real monster-like look it could be too late.
Vicky can be seen at the first episode from 4.45, and again later in 9.40.
Folktro - Avsnitt 1_ Skogsrået _ SVT Play
The beautiful woman
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=7443841f9fb65794c4fb65ed4ec3a8ff&oe=5B29ADF8
Looked also like this
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=0592ff15898a20f29b1feb631db269dc&oe=5B7421B7

Vicky posted a reminder to watch it to her Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhNISINlIyF/?hl=fi&taken-by=vickyandren

Last edited:
Princess Christina and Tord Magnuson attended some time ago at a party at the Embassy of Austria in Sweden. Gunnar Andersson resigned from his job as the consul general of Austria in Sweden after almost 20 years.
From Svensk Damtidning
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Yay, I always love seeing Princess Christina & Tord! She looks pretty in pink, nice to see her looking well and happy. Thanks Lady Finn :flowers:

Vicky is happy, she tells at her Instagram that she got her driver’s license!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjmuS0hlxCG/?hl=fi&taken-by=vickyandren
Vicky's Driving school congratulates her
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjm6UQYF5kY/?hl=fi&tagged=östermalmstrafikskola

Princess Christina, honorary doctor of Medicine at Karolinska Institutet, inaugurated Neo, Karolinska Institutet's new building for biomedical research on 24th May.
”Neo – ett fint exempel på demokrati” _ Nyhet _ KI Nyheter _ Karolinska Institutet

Last edited:
About the friendship of Tord Magnuson, Ahmed Abdirahman and princess Christina.

One is legendary in Swedish business, married to a princess and has a network of contacts within Sweden's elite that most people can only dream about.
The other came from Tensta and from a furious civil war in Somalia - and founded Järvaveckan.
On Thursday, at Järvaveckan, it is just over ten years since Tord Magnuson and Ahmed Abdirahman met for the first time.
At a lunch restaurant in New York, the two men accidentally ended up in the same company. Even Tord's wife, Princess Christina, attended lunch.
- I began to talk to him, and he said he was from Tensta, Tord remembers.
- It was very exciting. There were two completely different worlds that met. I'm from Tensta, Tord and Christina are from the inner city, Ahmed says.
Ahmed told that he had lived in Tensta for eight years before moving to New York - but never having been home with a Swedish family.
- It was very difficult to get into Swedish society. I had lived for eight years in Sweden without ever being invited to a Swedish dinner. I didn't know what Swedish Christmas was for anything. They wanted to change that, Ahmed says.
Tord immediately invited Ahmed to dinner in his home in Stockholm.
How was dinner in Stockholm?
- It was nice and cozy, we had good conversation. It was great too, actually. Only we three. It was very beautiful, Ahmed says.
- We began to peek into each other's worlds, Tord says.
The two men soon started do plans for integration projects in Sweden - and one of the first became a dinner at Ross Tensta Gymnasium, where more than one hundred people from the suburb and inner city were to meet.
- Should you go into an environment you aren't so used to, then you wonder how to dress, says Tord.
As a result, all participants from the center came to Tensta with jeans and jackets - while the participants from the suburb had dark blue suit, shirt and tie.
- It was a very fun gathering of expectations about how to look. But humor always helps, Tord says.
For Ahmed it was uncomfortable to go to Stockholm's inner city, and Tord felt the same thing about visiting Tensta - something that has now changed.
- You get a completely different security in yourself, and become part of society. This applies in both directions. I don't need to show Tord around in Tensta anymore, he comes by himself. He knows many of my friends, and I know many of Christina and Tord's friends.
Both of them emphasize the importance of feeling at home in both suburbs and cities.
- It's great fun, that's what it's supposed to be. It's a replacement. That is why we need each other. It's only possible to do together. That is why we make Järvaveckan, so that more people get such opportunities from both sides.
In 2018, Järvaveckan is bigger than ever before.
Tord and Ahmed's friendship shows no signs of cooling.
- We have had contact every week, sometimes every day. I have learned a lot from him, he has probably learned some from me. In particular, we've learned to break through something that's unknown, and that's what many of us in Sweden need to do. Dare to take a step into something different. It is very satisfying, says Tord.
Tord Magnuson och Ahmed Abdirahman om sin vänskap

Last edited:
Princess Christina turns 75 years on 3rd August. She has given an interview to TT Nyhetsbyrån, which Dagens Nyheter publishes. You can read it if you have registered.
”Nu är varje dag viktig” - DN.SE

But Expressen writes about the interview:
After 45 years in the royal house, Princess Christina now leaves her mission to new generations, writes Dagens Nyheter.
Princess Christina - or Christina Magnuson - prefers to release titles. And now she is about to be retired from the assignments that come with being a princess. On August 3rd she turns 75 and recently she has terminated her duties, she says in an interview.
- I try to realize that every day is important. I don't want to tie myself up with a lot of things in the future, but really take care of what I have, and those around me, she says.
Last year she was treated for blood cancer - with good results. But the disease became a reminder of the transience of life.
When the old King Gustav VI Adolf passed away 45 years ago, her younger brother Carl Gustaf took over as Sweden's head of state. The three older sisters were already married and left out of the picture at that time.
- We were not so many in the early 1970s when both my mother and my grandfather passed away, just my brother and me. So there was nothing else to do than to chop in and take care of what would be done, says Christina Magnuson.
She herself inherited her mother princess Sibylla's missions, and thus undertook a lot of tasks that she would not have chosen herself - but she took them with joy. The Crown Princess Margareta's Memorial Fund, founded by Sweden's women, was such a mission.
Now she feels that the assignments have given her insight into civil society and the importance of forces of nonprofit organizations.
But Christina Magnuson is especially famous for her involvement in both Swedish and International Red Cross. She was also the chairman of the first organization to prevent AIDS and HIV in Sweden - Stiftelsen Noaks Ark-Röda Korset.
She has also been involved in cancer research and donations for cancer research. It was obvious to be open with the disease as a contribution to the spread of knowledge and awareness about the disease, when she had breast cancer in 2010.
- The ability to survive and live further even with cancer has become so infinitely greater. I'm sitting here today. I probably wouldn't have done that ten years ago.
Prinsessan Christina avvecklar sina uppdrag

Last edited:
Interesting that she mentions that she did many things she would not haven chosen herself but only did it out of responsibility to continue her mother's work.

I hope we will continue to see her once in awhile but glad that she feels the freedom to concentrate on the things that are most important to her nowadays (I assume family and friends).

The Magnuson families have obviously spent the last days at princess Christina and Tord's summer house at the Stockholm archipelago. Vicky has posted photos from there to her Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlyrPpNF3An/?hl=fi&taken-by=vickyandren

Expressen's royal commentator Karin Lennmor writes at her chronicle, that getting older really suits princess Christina
Lennmor writes among other things:
Congratulations Princess Christina, the youngest of Haga princesses, who turns 75 on August 3! Getting older really suits princess Christina, who seems to enjoy being 75 now.
I am impressed by Christina, in fact, she is one of the few Bernadottes who acquired her own professional career, who worked "on real". She has had many board engagements, cultural assignments and countless representations and was employed on the Red Cross between 1993-2002. Now she has announced that she abandons all assignments to hand over to younger generations.
I also feel touched by how she helped and supported her brother the king over the years, most of all of the sisters. The little sister who took enormous responsibility.
Do you remember the moving black and white picture from 1973, outside Helsingborg's hospital when the old king had just passed away? How Christina, in spite of her own sorrow, is close to her little brother who now faced his mission as a new king.
Christina has always been there for the family. Immediately after the death of the old king, our new king would receive the people's tribute at the Royal Palace, waving the crowd from one of the Palace windows. Carl Gustaf was young and nervous and did not dare properly ... but Christina pushed him against the window so hard that the glass broke!
In 2016, Princess Christona suffered from blood cancer, which has come and gone. As late as last year she received a stem cell transplant. Now she seems luckily feel really well.
Princess Christina and husband Tord Magnuson have mostly spent this summer at Ingarö. Here are also her three sons Gustaf, Victor and Oscar and her five grandchildren.
According to the information, the princess with family will celebrate the birthday in Ingarö.
Princess Christina has meant incredibly much for the king and for the royal house.
I think of these little Haga prinsesses who grew up in the Palace at Solna in the 40's. Now a new generation of small royal children live in Haga.
Hope they will support each other as much in the future!
Karin Lennmor_ Att bli äldre klär verkligen prinsessan Christina

Princess Christina celebrates today her 75th birthday

Princess Christina has gone her own way
When she finishes her assignments, she hopes to have more time for art and music interests. But or course also to her family. It has now been enriched with five young grandchildren. In addition, there is the satisfaction of seeing her own children grow and develop with the task as parents.
- It has been very fun to follow. They are amazing dads can I say. All three.
Prinsessan Christina har gått sin egen väg

Last edited:
So she will renounce her title?
There is no need to that. "Princess Christina, mrs Magnuson" is a courtesy/honorary title given to Christina when she married Tord Magnuson, a commoner. Christina calls herself usually Christina Magnuson and signs as Christina Magnuson, the first signature is hers.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BE72S-GHuxD/?tagged=dagarpådrottningholm

Svensk Damtidning congratulates princess Christina with a gallery of her life
Grattis prinsessan Christina, 75 år! Vi firar med härliga retrobilder _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
Is Princess Christina still fighting with leukaemia, or is she currently in remission?

Is Princess Christina still fighting with leukaemia, or is she currently in remission?

Margareta Thorgren has said many times, that princess Christina is feeling better. She has attended at events this year, and when you read her birthday interview, you get the impression that everything is well at the moment.

Princess Christina has left her job as the Chairman of the Board of Ulriksdal Palace Theatre Confidencen Foundation.

Peter Edholm, Chairman of the Culture and Recreation Board in Solna, has been appointed by the Office of the Governor of the Royal Palaces as new Chairman of the Board of Ulriksdals Slottsteater Foundation, replacing Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson. Princess Christina continues her commitment to the foundation, now in the role of honorary chairman.
- I feel safe to hand over the job as the chairman now and am pleased to be involved as honorary chairman. Confidencen has a special place in my heart after a long and successful cooperation with Kjerstin Dellert, tells Princess Christina.
Peter Edholm ny ordförande för Stiftelsen Ulriksdals slottsteater Confidencen - Confidencen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom