Princess Christina and Family, Current Events Part 1: March 2003 - January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photographer Bob Bovin tells at his blog how he in December saw princess Christina out with her dog at Gamla Stan. Princess Christina stopped in front of a kiosk and looked at the headline posters and covers of the magazines. Bovin took of course photos of her.
Bovin sent the photos to IBL photo agency, but they weren't interested. Svensk Damtidning wasn't interested either. But then he sent his photos to gossip magazine Hänt Extra, and they bought two of his photos, and of course made an article and put words to princess Christina's mouth: "Wondering, has something Extra happened? Oh, what is that Silvia reveals? I must call to my little brother!"
#1766. Seniorplåtis som paparazzo__ –med bilder i Hänt Extra!! - Fotosidan

Last edited:
From the Facebook of the Royal Court
Tomorrow will be published the book Dagar på Drottningholm written by Princess Christina Mrs. Magnuson in collaboration with Carl Otto Werkelid and with photos by Rolf Turander. The book is published in both Swedish and English and can be purchased at Royal Gift Shops well as in bookstores and online sales.
From the foreword:
”I realised at an early stage how lucky I was to be able to live and spend time in historical milieux of such richness and beauty. They have all spoken to me and in their special way, asked questions of me and prompted me to discover more about them. This is particularly true of Drottningholm where I have never actually lived, but often been an appreciative guest. I believe I was only a few years old when I was taken to Drottningholm for the first of surprisingly many Christmases I have had the good fortunate to celebrate there. So my love of the place, which I want to share with the reader goes a long way and that is precisely what this book seeks to be: a series of subjective glimpses conveying all the beauty and delight I have experienced – and continue to experience – at Drottningholm.”
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset...515803374007/1094723477253230/?type=3&theater

From court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEYF4xtv8kL/?taken-by=kungahuset

Personal memories and favorites - new book by Princess Christina
From the book 'Dagar på Drottningholm' ('Days at Drottningholm') by Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson:
June 15, 1974
Bridal waltz in Karl X Gustav's Gallery
"In early spring 1973, I drove out to Drottningholm specifically to ask from my grandfather for permission to get married. We sat in his office and talked, and yes, he understood my desire and impatience - I would soon be thirty that summer and thought it was time. He had not objections to my prospective husband Tord Magnuson. Yet I noticed that something made him to delay the answer. "
Personliga minnen och favoriter – ny bok av Prinsessan Christina* - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Days at Drottningholm - Bonnier Fakta

Last edited:
Princess Christina at the book release of her book "Dagar på Drottningholm" (Days at Drottningholm) at the Drottningholm Palace Theatre today.

With her co-writer Carl-Otto Werkelid and photographer Ralf Turander. Great photo, it looks like a painting.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEbBcGAFQic/?tagged=prinsessanchristina
Another photos
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEbXB1kFssL/?tagged=bonnierfakta
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEb3LHZF8qR/?taken-by=drottningholmsslottsteater
The invitation to the book release
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEa7vDviTJQ/?taken-by=royal_roger

Gallery from the book release. Tord Magnuson, Vicky Magnuson and Victor Magnuson's spouse Frida Bergström were also there.
And from the court staff at least Margareta Thorgren and Morgan Gerle. And former Marshal of The Realm, Ingemar Eliasson and former minister Lena Adelsohn Liljeroth. And Roger Lundgren, the editor-in-chief of Kungliga Magasinet.
ROYAL: Book release Days at Drottningholm by Princess Christina

Last edited:
Princess Christina was interviewed at Swedish Radio P4 Stockholm. Princess Christina tells that her siblings haven't seen the book yet. She was asked to what era of the events told at the book she would like to return to. Christina says that she is secretly fascinated about baroque, and she would like to discuss with queen Hedvig Eleonora. Christina says that she has told and then Carl-Otto Werkelid has written the book. Werkelid says that that itsn't true, Christina is too modest. The reporter also said that she has talked with Tord Magnuson and Tord said that his wife knows a lot about many things. Christina says that she has always been interested in a person's history. Christina says that she never played to be a princess as a child. She was asked when she understood that she was a princess. She says that it was a difficult question, maybe it was only when she was a teenager. Christina says that she has no social media accounts. Christina and Werkelid are asked if they are already thinking another book. They both hesitate. Christina says that there are some thoughts but nothing has been decided.
Prinsessan Christina debuterar som författare - P4 Extra _ Sveriges Radio

Last edited:
Princess Christina was signing the books and meeting people at NK department store on Thursday evening.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEeXnIXCIcy/

Princess Christina and Carl Otto Werkelid were interviewed at SVT's morning program Gomorron Sverige this morning. Princess Christina said that she thinks that it is good that the Palaces are used as homes and aren't just museums. When she was a child, the discipline was rather strict and they weren't allowed to run around the Drottningholm Palace. The reporter says that at the book is also a photo of the king's and queen's private living room. How is it to combine modern way of living with those great oil paintings and traditional surroundings? Christina says that there are many rooms at the Palace. Those rooms which today are private rooms, have always been used to various purposes. What is so special for Christina in Drottningholm Palace? Christina says that she and Carl-Otto Werkelid have been thinking about that when they wrote the book. She wants to highlight the whole area: the Palace, the garden, the Palace Theatre, the Chinese Pavilion and that it is so close to the city, it is easy for people to come there. Werkelid says about that the Palace's name is Drottningholm, referring to a queen, that they highlight three strong women in the book. One is Hedvig Eleonora, who started the building of Drottningholm. In that time, people started those kind of projects knowing that they wouldn't be ready in their lifetime. Christina says that Hedvig Eleonora was very conscious about what she was doing, she wanted to show super power Sweden. Christina says that she thinks that Lovisa Ulrika is her favorite, a strong woman, perhaps not always in the right way. In her time the Palace was also built further, so today what we see is Lovisa Ulrika's Palace. The reporter says that Christina celebrated her wedding in Drottningholm, why? Christina says that she just thinks that it is such a fantastic house! It was exciting to get to use the Palace to that kind of event. They had spent Christmases there, the park with snow. The wedding was in mid-June, it was beautiful and the boat trip from Stockholm... Christina says that she doesn't really "remember" the last Christmas with her father in Drottningholm, she was only three years old. Her memories are something which has been told to her. On Christmas Eves the children stood at a room in a row and waited. The youngest first. Then the bell rang and the door was opened and the children got to go to a "Christmas present room". The presents were at the tables, they weren't wrapped. Everyone had their own little table with presents. Oscar II started a tradition that there was one Christmas Tree for every person. Werkelid says that he was surprised by the treasure of the Palace, and that Christina's ancestor Karl Johan came to Sweden via Drottningholm. Drottningholm was the first Royal Palace he visited and then went to the Royal Palace to meet his adoptive parents. Christina's grandfather renovated the Chinese Pavilion, it is because of him the baroque park is now what it is. Christina says that she accepted to do this project because of combination the historical perspective and the people who have lived at the Palace and made the Palace what it is today. Christina tells that her grandfather loved italian pasta and every year in Christmas day they ate pasta.

Last edited:
From princess Christina's interview in this week's Svensk Damtidning:
Christina says that she wrote the book because she got an offer she couldn't refuse. It can be said that it is a present to her grandchildren, and she will give the book to the king on his 70th birthday. The king hasn't been involved in making the book at all, but Christina thinks that the king will appreciate it.
Christina tells that she has been sitting on the knee of king Gustaf V - who has sat on the knee of queen Desirée, who once was engaged with Napoleon! But being honest, her great-grandfathers knee was rather bony and hard. Writing the book took a year. Christina tells that the exotic Chinese Pavilion has inspired her when she has decorated her home, she loves colors. Yellow and red are good together, white and grey aren't her thing at all.
The shadows and light make tricks. At one of her visits at Drottningholm she thought she saw a figure bending over the stairs. That was a vision also her father had seen in Christmas 1946, only a month before his death. Christina tells that she was on the shoulders of her father, they were going to the nursery and there she stood - The White Lady. Christina was only three and doesn't remember it. Christina says that she doesn't know if she really remembers something about her father, it is so easy to mix memories with what people have told to her. But she thinks she remembers her father from the christening of the king.
She tells about childhood Christmases in Drottningholm, and also Christmases after the royal family had moved in. When asked how the life in Drottningholm has changed since she was a child, Christina answers with comparing the progress at TV-serie Downton Abbey. When her great-grandfather lived, it was another time, he was an old man and really the King at the Palace. It is different now and it is totally natural.
Christina and Tord Magnuson celebrated their wedding in Drottningholm. They decided to have the dance at Karl X's Gallery and princess Birgitta's husband Johann was worried that the dance and vibrations of the disco music would damage the invaluable oil paintings, as he was an art historian.

At the photos is seen Stensalen (The Stone Hall) which is a part of the royal couple's private apartment. At Madeleine's wedding there was dance. The carped is 51 square meters, as big as a normal two room apartment. Christina tells that she used to jump at the carpet when she was a child.
There are 192 rooms at the Drottningholm Palace, and every year at queen Silvia's birthday she is celebrated with a surprise party at a new room at the Palace. While making the book Christina found a photo of her grandparents she had never seen before.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Article about the interview now also at the website of Svensk Damtidning, with photos of princess Christina.
Prinsessan Christina i stor intervju om nya boken_ ”En gåva till mina barnbarn” _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
At Expressen it is written about the ghost which is said to be at the Drottningholm Palace, The White Lady.
- There are very many who say that. I have never experienced it myself. But there are those who say that someone else experienced it, along with me. There is an old legend, says Princess Christina.
She says Oscar I's children made an opera about The White Lady at Drottningholm in the early 1800s. The story of the Palace ghost has been around a long time.
Is it believed that there is a special person in history who is The White Lady or does the ghost herald an accident?
- It is said that it foreshadows that something should happen.
Who in the royal family believe in ghosts?
- (Laughter) You should ask them. I do not believe in ghosts. I think it has very natural explanations.
Princess Christina is the youngest of the four Haga Princesses, the king's big sisters. But the sisters have been unaware of the Princess Christina's book - until now.
- They do not know that much about it. It will be a happy surprise, she says.
Haven't they read the book?
- No no. They have not. We do not live so close together. I have just told them that I am writing a small book about Drottningholm, I've done that. They should see it next week.
Drottningholms hemlighet avslöjas av prinsessan Christina _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Christina tells at the book how she in early spring 1973 drove to Drottningholm specifically for asking her grandfather for permission to marry. But she did not get what she wanted. Gustaf VI Adolf was 90 years old and if something would have happened to him, Carl Gustaf would be left alone at the Palace. Princess Christina had to postpone the wedding - for the little brother's sake.
- It did not feel so good then. But I had some understanding of how my grandfather thought, she says.
What was Princess Christina's first reaction?
- Why should I have to wait? she says with played tears, but adds that she understood the king.
- He was so clear about what he thought. We weren't so many of the family at the time. My sisters lived abroad or elsewhere, it was just my brother and me. So we waited.
Was it obvious?
- Yes, I was a good girl at the time, she laughs. He was very serious and sympathetic, but he had his strong reasons.
Six months later, on September 15, 1973, King Gustaf VI Adolf died down in Helsingborg. "My own wedding was obviously not top of the agenda in autumn 1973. In less than a year, my mother and grandfather died, two of our existence focal points of the respective generation", she writes in the book.
Later, in 1974, Christina could eventually marry her Tord Magnuson at Drottningholm Palace.
"My brother had no objections - which didn't mean that the others weren't hesitant. The plan to set the table for the wedding dinner for hundred twenty guests in the Hall of State made the former Marshal of the Realm to command strength control of the floor", writes Christina.
Christina remembers her long-awaited wedding day with joy. And maybe it was extra special - precisely because of the wait.
- Of course it was a great day for all of us. It is a day to plan for and build dreams about, we did too. It was just as beautiful as we had dreamed of.
Kungen fick prinsessan Christina att skjuta på bröllopet _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Vicky Andrén Magnuson at the Amaranther Ball last Saturday at Grand Hotel, photographed with friend Fredrik von Essen.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEn3X4Wxion/?taken-by=vickyandren
Fredrik von Essen is an old friend of Gustaf Magnuson
http://shimodas.hant.se/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/08/IMG_5643-650x487.jpg

Princess Christina some weeks ago at Anders Wall's 85th birthday party at the Royal Swedish Academy of Music. Wall is swedish financier, entrepreneur and patron. He has foundations which deliver scholarships to business and entrepreneurship, research and education, culture, international education, and rural development. At his birthday party Wall delivered ten scholarships.

A photo of princess Christina, taken by photographer Peter Knutson
http://peterknutson.se/wp-content/gallery/portratt/PrinsessanChristina.jpg

Last edited:

Yes, I saw that. She didn't tell much new things.
Here is a little video from Go'kväll's Facebook, where Christina tells that she and Carl Otto Werkelid are as guests at the program and are telling about the book.
https://www.facebook.com/gokvall/videos/vb.266384826777178/1065830530165933/?type=2&theater

Here is the video of Go'kväll -program. The reporter said that she was surprised that the book is so small, there are big books with big photos of this kind of topic. Princess Christina said that they wanted that the book would be handy, easy to take with for a tourist or someone who is interested, not a big book which has to be put to a table to look at it. Carl Otto Werkelid reminds again that Karl XIV Johan came as Jean Baptiste Bernadotte first to Drottningholm and he says that Drottningholm has during the years meant so much to the family, and means even today, and to Christina too. Christina said that at first it was meant to be a little like a summer house. Quite a great summer house but at that time it was the meaning that it should look pompous. Christina says that as a child, at Drottningholm there was a lot of rooms to run at, and they run, although of course they weren't allowed to play very roughly. Werkelid says that it is important to know one's past, where one comes from and Christina says that of course it is important.
The interview starts at 4.25:
Go'kväll - 26 apr 18.45 _ SVT Play

Last edited:
Princess Christina delivered on Friday the Christer Holgersson scholarship to Jens Rosen and Nikolaus Fotiadis (at the photo). The scholarship is awarded in memory of the Malmö and Gothenburg-based premier dancer Holgersson, to a male classical dancer who is retiring and thus facing a career change.
http://dansportalen.se/images/18.21...463692300826/CarinaAri16_20160516_HN_0076.jpg

On Sunday princess Christina was in Malmö at Katrinetorp speaking about her book "Dagar på Drottningholm", no photos of that so far.

Princess Christina has been one of the initiators at a new Opera prize
The Anders Wall Foundation celebrates it's 35th anniversary and 10 March Anders Wall had his 85th birthday. In honor of Anders Wall a number of prominent persons initiated a fundraiser to establish a special opera prize in his name: Kungliga Operans Anders Wall-stipendium (The Royal Opera's Anders Wall scholarship). Close to 7 million SEK have flowed into the Anders Wall Foundation from private individuals, foundations and large organizations.
Signatories of the petition were Princess Christina, Johan Nordenfalk, Lisa Sennerby-Forsse, Björn Wahlroos and opera director Birgitta Svendén and opera singers Nina Stemme, Peter Mattei and Loa Falkman.
http://www.wallstiftelsen.se/cache/com_zoo/images/Operapris_df29883891cdf1713c93f0ed92515656.jpg
Nytt operapris hedrar jubilerande Anders Wall - Wallstiftelsen

Princess Christina delivered on 25th May the Solstickan Foundation's Prize "Solstickepriset" (SEK 150000) to Jane Lindell Ljunggren, Gotland. Justification: "Solstickepriset goes to Jane Lindell Ljunggren, enthusiast and visionary, who tirelessly works for good and dignified care for people with dementia". Princess Christina is the Honorary Chairman of the Foundation.
Solstickepriset - Solstickan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom