Prince Carl Philip, Current Events Part 3: January 2006 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl Philip is in South Africa and is watching the game Argentina vs Germany at the moment. He is seated next to Charlize Theron !!!

Haha! I watched the game as well and saw the sequence with Charlene, but I was absolutely not able to say in that few seconds, whether she sat next to Carl Philip or Orlando Bloom :ROFLMAO:

I've got to ask a question: Is PCP ever going to grow up? This 31 year old man does nothing but play whether it's water skiing, racing cars, attending the World Cup or going on holiday. He seems to have no real direction or responsibilities. Someone in his privliged position should really try contributing more to society.

Well studies show that men are not fully mature until the age of 40. Which seems to be true.
Looks like he's got about 9 more years to go.

I've got to ask a question: Is PCP ever going to grow up? This 31 year old man does nothing but play whether it's water skiing, racing cars, attending the World Cup or going on holiday. He seems to have no real direction or responsibilities. Someone in his privliged position should really try contributing more to society.

I´ve got to answer a question: What´s wrong with somebody doing waterski while on his holidays? While other people have their hobbys, too, he´s doing his race car thing (though I´ve to admit, it´s a pretty unusual "hobby") - commoners use to spend a lot of their free time with their hobbys (when you do a certain sporting activity, you do do this at least once or twice a week, too!) as well.
I think there´s very little attention upon his official duties as to the media a water skiing or race car driving prince is much more interesting than one who unveils plaques or clips ribbons. Besides that he has a normal job as a designer - and the results of that are regularly presented in public.

i think she is upset that he really isnt doing something that is substancial considering his age...it almost looks like he is going from day to day...not really thinking about whats ahead of him....

Well at the moment the royals, all of them around Europe are on holiday. So there is nothing wrong with him water skiing.
Racing cars are his hobby, every royal has a hobby and his parents obviously don't mind the hobby, most races take place at weekends which wouldn't affect his work.
Lots of royals were at the World Cup, he attended one match, whereas the Crown Prince of the Netherlands attended 3 or 4.
When was the last time he was on holiday? He is with his parents and sister at the moment.
If he has nothing to do that is probably not his fault.

i think she is upset that he really isnt doing something that is substancial considering his age...it almost looks like he is going from day to day...not really thinking about whats ahead of him....

Sorry but why should he have to think about his future? He basically knows what he has to do for the rest of his life, he has to be royal and live up to his Princely title. He might not be doing it now, but he's probably learning.
He's what 31 yeah? He's had a good education, he's done military service, he has a passion for designing and he's done this on top of the royal duties he has had to do.

Nothings wrong with a 31 year old man water skiing or vacationing, but I think the issue that some people have with Carl Philip is that it seems as if he's not doing anything at all. Kind of like he's a (I hate to say this) a royal bum. Usually, men at that age, are serious about their jobs, their lives, etc. Yes men at that age ski, go clubbing, but sometimes it seems like thats all CP wants to do. He's not a kid anymore, he's not 21 and I too think he needs more focus. I think CP is still in school also. Sometimes I think he uses school as a diversion so he doesn't have to own up to what he needs to do. I do think in a way he's immature. But I do think he will mature in his own way. Give him some time. He will find purpose in being a prince:).

I don't think that he is a royal bum...he has a job as a designer perhaps that is why he hasn't been seen so much in royal functions nor does he carries too many royal duties...didn't I read somewhere that he doesn't like to be in the spotlight???maybe he does things but we are just not aware of....then, we can't judge him just because of the pictures..photographers usually capture these shots because they are public ones while his work and how he comes up with his designs are done in private

Nothings wrong with a 31 year old man water skiing or vacationing, but I think the issue that some people have with Carl Philip is that it seems as if he's not doing anything at all. Kind of like he's a (I hate to say this) a royal bum. Usually, men at that age, are serious about their jobs, their lives, etc. Yes men at that age ski, go clubbing, but sometimes it seems like thats all CP wants to do. He's not a kid anymore, he's not 21 and I too think he needs more focus. I think CP is still in school also. Sometimes I think he uses school as a diversion so he doesn't have to own up to what he needs to do. I do think in a way he's immature. But I do think he will mature in his own way. Give him some time. He will find purpose in being a prince:).

Exactly. No one's saying he can't have fun or vacation or have hobbies but it seems that ALL he does is play. Prince William and Prince Harry have fun, but they also have busy military careers and do lots of charity work whereas CP just seems to wander aimlessly most of the time playing around. Considering the Swedish people pay for his luxurious lifestyle and hobbies and holidays, he could at least do more charitiable things in return. I also think he uses school as a diversion - he's what we would here in America call a "professional student" (someone who keeps going to school to avoid having to figure out what they want to do for a career).

Even if he doesn't know what he wants to do with his life, he can certainly find ways to occupy is time usefully. I think CP needs some more royal duties and needs to get involved in some humanitarian and charity causes instead of just the occasional ribbon-cutting appearance here and there.

Prince William and Prince Harry have fun, but they also have busy military careers and do lots of charity work whereas CP just seems to wander aimlessly most of the time playing around.

But Carl-Philip has done military service, a lot of it in fact.

Sorry but why should he have to think about his future? He basically knows what he has to do for the rest of his life, he has to be royal and live up to his Princely title. He might not be doing it now, but he's probably learning.
He's what 31 yeah? He's had a good education, he's done military service, he has a passion for designing and he's done this on top of the royal duties he has had to do.

Why "has to be Royal"?
If he doesn´t like the spotlight, he can follow a job and earn his money self.
Happened before.
As it is now, it´s definitely not working for the future.
Many Swedes are already now angry and it would get worse, if an 40 year old prince would be still in school and on perma-vacation.

While royalcourt.se isn´t publishing all CHILDHOOD-related duties, there is no secret schedule for the prince.
At least I don´t remember many blog entries or small town newspaper articles proving otherwise.
He is doing little and isn´t comfortable doing the little.
Though I liked his role at the wedding.
Maybe he would need someone, who does need his "help" (like Daniel at the wedding or his sister Anna, who was his dinner partner)

Why "has to be Royal"?
If he doesn´t like the spotlight, he can follow a job and earn his money self.
Happened before.
As it is now, it´s definitely not working for the future.
Many Swedes are already now angry and it would get worse, if an 40 year old prince would be still in school and on perma-vacation.

While royalcourt.se isn´t publishing all CHILDHOOD-related duties, there is no secret schedule for the prince.
At least I don´t remember many blog entries or small town newspaper articles proving otherwise.
He is doing little and isn´t comfortable doing the little.
Though I liked his role at the wedding.
Maybe he would need someone, who does need his "help" (like Daniel at the wedding or his sister Anna, who was his dinner partner)

Well he's been a royal for 31 years, and shows no signs of wanting to give it up. If he wants to forgo his title, his priveliges and live a normal life that's fine, but he shows no signs of wanting to do that, so for me he has to be royal for the rest of his life.
If Swedes are angry and CP not working, have they said something about it?

Like you say he is uncomfortable doing little as his royal as Prince, which isn't his fault, maybe his parents think he can't handle royal life, so give him very little to do. Which is not his fault.

Well he's been a royal for 31 years, and shows no signs of wanting to give it up. If he wants to forgo his title, his priveliges and live a normal life that's fine, but he shows no signs of wanting to do that, so for me he has to be royal for the rest of his life.

Like you say he is uncomfortable doing little as his royal as Prince, which isn't his fault, maybe his parents think he can't handle royal life, so give him very little to do. Which is not his fault.

Well, he could be a farmer and designer. He has the money to "bridge" bad times.
Sooner or later he has to decide. Or the court must develop an other handling of the apanage.
Who do you mean with "they"?
The court or the people?

It would be still partly his fault, because he is an adult and should and can make decision, like all of us.

Well, he could be a farmer and designer. He has the money to "bridge" bad times.
Sooner or later he has to decide. Or the court must develop an other handling of the apanage.
Who do you mean with "they"?
The court or the people?

It would be still partly his fault, because he is an adult and should and can make decision, like all of us.

Yeah he could be a farmer or a designer, I see designer as the more likely. But he can still be a designer and be a royal at the same time.

If you mean from this part of my post

Then I meant they, the people.

But he can still be a designer and be a royal at the same time.
In theory he could. But you know, how it went for your Prince Edward.
Little duties + own design brand promoted by coverage in big newspapers & TV channels + the non-transparent apanage of the king is IMO a mix, that won´t work.

Then I meant they, the people.
Of course they are voicing their opinion. And the court has to face some kind of "snow ball effect", because these days people can voice their opinions on big public platforms easily. And that´s what they do.
Big problem for the court, but also big chance.

In theory he could. But you know, how it went for your Prince Edward.
Little duties + own design brand promoted by coverage in big newspapers & TV channels + the non-transparent apanage of the king is IMO a mix, that won´t work.

Of course they are voicing their opinion. And the court has to face some kind of "snow ball effect", because these days people can voice their opinions on big public platforms easily. And that´s what they do.
Big problem for the court, but also big chance.

Yeah but there is a major difference between how the royal family are percieved in the UK, and how they are in Sweden.
Being a designer, which is what CP will do is totally different to setting up your own TV company and filming your own family when you shouldn't.
Who says he's going to have little duties, her does half and half, and recieves the right amount of money for what he is doing, then what is the problem?

Okay, if the swedish people have said something, when have they said it? Are there any links to articles that say they have complained?

Okay, if the swedish people have said something, when have they said it? Are there any links to articles that say they have complained?

Here's an ongoing thread that's been going on for 6 years on a Swedish gossip site where people talk about how sick they are of Carl Philip playing around all the time and how useless he is and the taxpayers having to pay for it. You'll have to use Google Translator to translate things if you don't understand Swedish.

https://www.flashback.org/t125560

They weren't aren't the same event together at the same time, don't see the probably.

I was just reading the Prince Harry and Prince William current events threads in the British forum, and they make Carl Philip look like a joke. Harry and William do charity event after charity event while Carl Philip just plays around all the time doing basically nothing. And Harry and William are younger than CP! Sad.

That's what I've been saying all along, but one of the mods (I think Marengo) was pretty clear that he is a student, and I should drop the subject. I'm glad other people feel the same way I do about CP, which is he is wasting taxpayers' money and not showing any returns for it. I stand by my words and don't wish to explain my opinion on CP anymore, as we can go round and round. I think he needs to get his act together now or else I don't blame the Swedes who wan to abolish the monarchy

I was just reading the Prince Harry and Prince William current events threads in the British forum, and they make Carl Philip look like a joke. Harry and William do charity event after charity event while Carl Philip just plays around all the time doing basically nothing. And Harry and William are younger than CP! Sad.
But you must also think about the very different societies and different tradition of the royal families between Sweden and UK. There is not a tradition of charity in Sweden in the same way as in the UK and the US for instance - the state takes care of that part :). But ofcourse he could do other things, but i don´t really mind his studying and partly designing.

William and Harry have been brought up by The most hardworking Queen I think since Queen Victoria. The Swedish RF and British RF are totally different in the way they work, if William and Harry didn't do anything there would be a massive public outcry, but in CP's case, that does not seem to be the case.

Also to emphasize your point Harry and William don't just do Charity events. :)

But you must also think about the very different societies and different tradition of the royal families between Sweden and UK. There is not a tradition of charity in Sweden in the same way as in the UK and the US for instance - the state takes care of that part :). But ofcourse he could do other things, but i don´t really mind his studying and partly designing.

I don´t think, that these days the social systems in GB and Sweden are that different. Brits don´t live as in the ol Charles Dickens days ;)

It´s not always about money, but also about awareness and integration.

Sweden is paying medical therapies like most EU countries, but also like most countries not psychosocial help (activities...) This is e.g. covered by organisations like Barncancerfonden. Silvia is protector, but hadn´t worked with the issue for ages. Maybe she could give it to one of her children.

Many Royals (also mentioned William and Harry) aren´t just involved with charity in their own country, but also in countries, which have no functional social & health systems.
Since travelling areas with low hygiene standards isn´t the smartest for a transplanted and since the king&queen don´t get younger, it would be wise, if Madeleine or Carl Philip would cover this part.

Since last year Carl Philip is protector of "Lilla Barnet", an organisation, that is promoting research for preemies and newborns with health problems. So far he had done nothing for them.

Him designing things is nice and interesting, but I don´t get the feeling, he is giving something back by designing a $$$ cutlery. It´s rather as if he would get such ops, because he is a prince. And many think the same about his racing or photo exhibition.

And now Sofia. I fear a new course is overdue (I am actually not thinking, that William&Harry are 100% altruists by nature, but have a fantastic PR team behind them ;))

I think a lot of folks feel a tad sorry for C-P, because of his loss in the line of succession. (From Wikipedia) Born Crown Prince of Sweden, he retained his title and first place in succession for seven months until 1 January 1980. On that date, he was stripped of both due to a change in the Act of Succession to introduce equal primogeniture. Since then, Prince Carl Philip has been second in the line of succession, after his elder sister, Crown Princess Victoria. However, in the line of succession to the thrones of the Commonwealth realms, Prince Carl Philip is ahead of his elder sister due to those countries all operating male-preference primogeniture.

Had he not been born Crown Prince, then stripped of his inheritance, he could very well have been a very different fellow.

Don't get me wrong, I adore CP Victoria.

William and Harry have been brought up by The most hardworking Queen I think since Queen Victoria
And do you think Victoria´s "Our parents had no time, when we were little" came out of the middle of nowhere?
Sweden is smaller, but the king and queen still had/have a lot to do. Esp. when they were the main players and had only Christina, Lilian and Bertil as support.
So one can´t say the Bernadotte children were growing up with bad work ethics.

if William and Harry didn't do anything there would be a massive public outcry
As I´ve explained earlier there already is criticism. Regarding Carl Philip it´s now most about Sofia.
Madeleine got many nasty reactions on her time-out.
Outcry is so non-swedish, but jealousy is.

I think a lot of folks feel a tad sorry for C-P
Hm, but IMO already as toddler, he gave vibes, as if the second row would be his ;)
But it´s interesting to imagine, how he would be, if he would have stayed crown prince.

Kitty: But had he not been stripped the only life not changed in the family would be Madeleine. Victoria would not bee raised as the crownprincess and not gotten the schooling she had. She would perhaps not have been stressed out so much around 95-98 and not suffering anorexia. She then wouldnt have gone to USA and study and then gotten home and decided to work out. That means not lovestory with Daniel.

Who knows, she might have been a more partying princess with more rumours than Madeleines around her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom