Prince Carl Philip, Current Events Part 3: January 2006 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh, great video, thanks, jujje! Didn't understand a word of it, unfortunately, but enjoyed watching nevertheless! Maybe someone could do a rough translation of what is being said? At any rate, it's obvious that he was pretty much at ease during the interview, speaking about something that's important to him!

And, did anyone else feel the urge to reach in and straighten his tie? ;)

Carl Philip said at an interview a few weeks ago that he was single. But he was at Easter with his new girlfriend Sofia Hellqvist at his house in Värmland.
Exklusivt! De första bilderna på prins Carl Philip och Sofia Hellqvist « Hovbloggen/Aftonbladet
Prins Carl Philips nya flickvän Sofia Hellqvist - komplicerad kärlek « Hovbloggen/Aftonbladet
Prinsen firade påsk med sin nya kärlek - Expressen

Photos of Carl Philip and Sofia at Easter:
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo

Last edited:
Is it just the pic, or the house of Carl Philipp is very very average (euphemism)?

Is it just the pic, or the house of Carl Philipp is very very average (euphemism)?

Yes, it's not really a palace. I guess it's a good bachelor pad for him:).

So if the silverware is 3700 kroner, that means it's about maybe $500 US dollars then. Does he pocket this money, or does it go to charity?

Real job? So far Carl Philip wasn´t thrown into the world of business and competition. He got educated as graphic designer...but now he is in the military again, so I´m personally not sure, if he aims a real career as graphic designer.
Carl Philip is puzzling me a little, as I had always thought, he is really seeking for a private "normal" life. But as things are now, I´m setting onto a career in the RF.
I guess he would perform duties in/for the military, every now and then he would do some graphic design projects for charities (like his mother´s childhood foundation) and apart from that he would serve some other duties (mostly related to sports) and would maybe get an own foundation. He (and his wife) would get an apanage from the state.
The same I´m seeing for Madeleine. Her main focus would be on charity.
Royal careers of siblings like many others and I´m not seeing anything special in it.
I´m more impressed by Royals, who worked as teacher like Infanta Elena, who are/were working for banks like Prince Constantijn or Prince Johan Friso or who are working as farmers like Prince Joachim.
And if one aims as young Royal for a career in the RF, I´m more impressed by some stays abroad, supporting developmental aid as Harry did, than by long military careers (but that´s a personal thing, as I´m not overly fond by the military)
One also shouldn´t forget, that Prince Harry is 5 years younger than Carl Philip and has plenty of time to get some education.
Surely Carl Philip has also still a lot of time to find his place...but seeing how little duties, he is performing and how he is doing one education following an other, internships, and military training, I´m having my doubts. But I´m always open for being disabused ;)

I was very impressed by his photo exhibition in Uppsala...and him participating in the Linné movie was surely very demanding. But it was also just a short time project and I´m not seeing, what he wants to do with this...if he wants to photograph on a regular base...or not. To summarise a long post: to me it seems CP is just doing things, he is interested in and has no thread and therefore I can´t cheer him and see a tribute to his parents...:confused:

What I´m though admiring him for is
-that he seems to have a certain talent in arts, he could make a lot out of.
-and that he isn´t grabbing all the nice things, his position would offer. He could surely have half of the Stureplan ppl in his bed, but has a stable relationship of 8 years...
Lena posted this a couple of years back, and with the maybe adding a new school, I have to agree with Lena- (the bolding is mine-this post could apply now too...)

Ortino-

The problem with a career in the Royal Family at this point is simple: there isn't enough to do. Sweden will have a new Prince next week, who will need to be given a state stipend as well. He will also need to be given his own duties sooner or later and it is obvious that any sport related events or charities would be given to the professional trainer. So, I just don't see if there is enough for Carl-Philip to do as a Royal

Ortino-

The problem with a career in the Royal Family at this point is simple: there isn't enough to do. Sweden will have a new Prince next week, who will need to be given a state stipend as well. He will also need to be given his own duties sooner or later and it is obvious that any sport related events or charities would be given to the professional trainer. So, I just don't see if there is enough for Carl-Philip to do as a Royal

Are you kidding? As a royal, he has the world at his fingertips! There's so much Carl Philip can do besides cutting ribbons and opening events. There is a sick, dying world out there....PCP could start with them. He could start up an organization. He could become serious with design and photography, etc, etc, etc. There's really no excuse for Carl Philip. He's 31 years old and living like a teenager who basically live off their parents.

I don't think CP or Madeleine have ever been told what to do, I personally think they have concentrated on Victoria and left CP and Maddie to fend for themselves as it were.
That is why you see Victoria acting regally and the other two acting rather like spoilt children.

Are you kidding? As a royal, he has the world at his fingertips! There's so much Carl Philip can do besides cutting ribbons and opening events. There is a sick, dying world out there....PCP could start with them. He could start up an organization. He could become serious with design and photography, etc, etc, etc. There's really no excuse for Carl Philip. He's 31 years old and living like a teenager who basically live off their parents.

You did not understand me.... I meant to say that with Daniel in the picture CP will not habe that many ribbons to cut and events to open. So either he will have to do what you suggest or lead a private life like his aunts

I'm sure there are plenty of ribbons to cut both in Sweden and on royal duties abroad.

I just think Prince Carl Philip needs to pick up the pace on his Royal duties. I mean, how many more posts are going to be about him racing cars, or being out and about with his glamour-model girlfriend, or being photographed (and not happily) at university versus performing duties and stepping in for his older sister or parents if the need arises. He's not a 20 year old anymore. He needs to put on his big boy pants one leg at a time, as we say here in the U.S., and get on with it (the royal duties and his career/life path I mean). As mentioned in other threads, the polls in Sweden show a growing discontent with supporting the monarchy, and its not b/c of Victoria-I'm sure not one single Swede can say she is not a hard worker and does her best for her country.

I think it is best to stop the discussion about the prince's duties as it is going round in circles.

At the moment he is attending the Swedish university of Agricultural Sciences, and together with the occassional public duties that should keep him busy enough.

Please also note that in other countries most 'spares' don't have a terribly busy scheduele of public duties either.

Carl Philip is in South Africa and is watching the game Argentina vs Germany at the moment. He is seated next to Charlize Theron !!!

Yes, I saw him, too. But you've been faster to post it.

Hopefully he's our good luck charm and we beat Argentina. At the Moment (Halftime Break) it's 1:0 for Germany.

Yes and he looked really hot!!! Perhaps he also hopes for a German victory because Sweden is not there this time.....

You watched prince on tv? Or you in Africa now? ))

I presume on TV, else they would not have been able to post the information if they were at the match.
I wonder why he chose to attend this match.
Well the score is 4-0 to Germany, so he must be a good luck charm.

It could be, because this was a big game. I mean, Germany - Argentina is a classic. Or it could be, because of his german roots. Whatever it may be, he saw a big german game and a 4:0 victory.

And yes, it was on TV (German channel ZDF) and he looked hot.

Shame I missed it, i'll try and find some pictures.

Interesting photo, thanks!
Thernon look at Prince like lion looking at rabbit )))

Poor intelligent boy
These bad Hollywood women have reached our boy ((((

Last edited by a moderator:
he look so great!!!!
interesting did he come alone or with friends or maybe with Sofia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom