Prince Carl Philip, Current Events Part 3: January 2006 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Expressen/Carl Philip: Han är grym
According to Expressen, Carl Philip will have company to the game between Sweden and Spain: Daniel Westling and Jonas Bergström will be coming to Innsbruck to watch the game. It was also considered, that Victoria and Madeleine would be there, but because of security reasons they stay home.
This is a private visit, next Wednesday-Thursday Carl Philip will be at a official visit to Euro 2008. Informationschef Nina Eldh from the Swedish Court says that Carl Philip will represent the Royal Family at the games, the others have full schedule.

Prince Carl Philip was among the Swedish fans in the audience of the Euro 2008 soccer match in group D between Sweden and Spain in Innsbruck, Austria, Saturday. According to an eyewitness the prince shouted and whistled during the game.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Princ Carl Philip is one of the most charming princes.

I like Carl Philip,but I feel a little sorry for him.He seems a little lost to me.He's 29 and seems to be drifting from one interest to another,never committing to a career or a relationship.In the next few years his sister Victoria will marry and his duties will decline and the focus will be on the new royal family.

I like Carl Philip,but I feel a little sorry for him.He seems a little lost to me.He's 29 and seems to be drifting from one interest to another,never committing to a career or a relationship.In the next few years his sister Victoria will marry and his duties will decline and the focus will be on the new royal family.

Not committing to a relationship??? He's been with the same woman for about 8 years! And he is still very interested in design and photography, he lately won a design contest in the USA.

Not committing to a relationship??? He's been with the same woman for about 8 years! And he is still very interested in design and photography, he lately won a design contest in the USA.

Even 9 years. ;) But in the past 5 years I hadn´t seen photos, which would show any passion between them (therefore the more with him looking "cosy" with guys). Nothing against test-driving (the first friends of Victoria get divorced already), but if it would be the big love, wouldn´t it have led somehere...at least in the past 2 years. Instead they went for a relationship on distance (his stay in the US) and it was said, that they even broke up at one point (must have been 1-2 years ago), but that Victoria&Madeleine persuaded them to get together again (could be a rumour though...)

And if he is so much into design, why doesn´t he make it to a real job (working with charities etc.) ?? And if he doesn´t wanna make it to a real job, why doesn´t he perform more duties? And with duties I am meaning things in the truest sense of the word...and not just things, which are fun for him like car ralleys or doing an exhibition on his photos.
And typically for the dysfunctional court...they had published his success on Martha´s Vineyard and wrote, that he had participated under a wrong name. So all in all it was a private matter...but if the press is asking about other private matters, they get bitchy answers :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I"m a bit of a prude I guess!Princes don't live with their girlfriends for years,they get married.Royalty should set an example and after all it's monarchy all about tradition.It's like Victoria's boyfriend moving into a home near the castle,when they've living together for the last few years together.If this has to be covered up so much maybe they shouldn't be doing it in the first place.Honesty is best policy.

Last edited:
I"m a bit of a prude I guess!Princes don't live with their girlfriends for years,they get married.Royalty should set an example and after all it's monarchy all about tradition.It's like Victoria's boyfriend moving into a home near the castle,when they've living together for the last few years together.If this has to be covered up so much maybe they shouldn't be doing it in the first place.Honesty is best policy.
People get married when they are ready for it. Spending most of your time together is perfectly acceptable. They are all in committed relationships and have arranged their lives to suit them.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Spending most of your time together is perfectly acceptable.-then why do they hide their relationships?If I was living with a guy,I wouldn't say I wasn't.

^Spending most of your time together is perfectly acceptable.-then why do they hide their relationships?If I was living with a guy,I wouldn't say I wasn't.

Exactly. Being dishonest wouldn´t set a good example either. I mean, everybody knows they´re sleeping together for years and pretending they wouldn´t, would be totally ridicoulous.
By the way, could someone post the new pics of the couple and their friends holidaying on board a royal yacht?

Problem with being royal, you have to keep up appearances even when everyone knows it's a complete fake. :angel: ;) It's expected.

If the royal children move in with their respective partners (blatantly that is, instead of just secretly) there are bound to be some people who will gasp and shriek "Shameless!" There are many people who would still prefer them to at least keep up the appearance of not living together rather than to brazenly cohabitate. I think that's why they all still bother with the charade, otherwise I'm sure they wouldn't - it's so much more convenient to be openly living together, yes? So why would they inconvenience themselves by pretending unless they felt it was necessary to do so?

I agree that honesty is the best policy. But it's easier said than done, more so for royals than for private citizens, who are not required to maintain a certain public image the way royals are. And royals have to please a whole lot of different people who often have contradicting expectations anyway. Do or do not, someone somewhere is bound to disapprove of them.

BTW, Lena, thanks for the pictures. I'm also curious about this Jan fellow. In the Euro picture, is that Jan he's grabbing? When I first saw those Euro pictures, I had assumed the guy was just some random stranger he had grabbed in his excitement! :lol: And I was thinking: my, what a lucky fellow, maybe I should start going for football matches! :ROFLMAO:

:lol:

I'd go with him being a stranger rather than a bodyguard...CP would have better luck protecting himself, if that's his bodyguard.

And I don't think he's supposed to be grabbing his bodyguards either. :D

I am not knowing much about Jan either. His full name is Jan-Åke Nam Ho Hansson and he was born in October 1977.
Both guys were knowing each other for quite some time, probably already out of Carl Philip´s time at boarding school Lundsberg (?)
http://www.stureplan.se/articles/2228/images/article_image_0cb0c0e5c1c1fa02.jpg

Expressen has today a story around Emma.
She, who is working for the PR company Storåkers got engaged as project leader for the moderate party´s (the party PM Reinfeldt is belonging to) campaign in connection with the EU elections next year.
The speaker of the republic union, Hillevi Larsson isn´t amused about a person, so close to the politically independent Royal family (who is though said to be into the moderates) getting so politically.
Well, I am not sure, if I´d agree...better such a job than the non-jobs of waitey-katey...nonetheless it makes me wondering, if Emma and CP wanna celebrate 10 years of relationship, so in summer 2009, with or without an engagement :rolleyes:
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/1.1272836/emma-pernald-ska-hjalpa-reinfeldt-att-vinna-valet

I agree with Lena. Obviously, the political aspect of the work is somewhat problematic, but CP is not the first in line for the throne so it's not as difficult as it would be if, say, Daniel Westling did the same thing! And yay to Emma for having a real job, unlike certain other people. :rolleyes: Not that I want to play the my princess is better than your princess game (or to be more precise, the my prince's GF is better than your prince's GF game) so I won't say anymore on the subject.

Another topic: I just read on http://sofiasroyalsweden.com/more-forestry-studies-for-carl-philip/ that CP is now concentrating on a forestry course.

I just saw the german tv-magazine "Leute Heute"! There talked about the visit of Carl Philip in Hamburg! This was very special! I think it was the first time i saw something about Carl Philip in a german tv-magazine.
They said that the prince had a problem with the pen, because he wirtes with his left hand and the pen was for people who writes with the right hand!

Photo gallery of Carl Philip signing the golden book:
Prince Carl Philip Of Sweden with Hamburg´s Burgermeister Ole Von Beust during his visit to sign the Hamburg Golden Book at Hamburg's Rathaus.
Zimbio

Carl Philip is so close to me and I didn't know it! Darn it...;-)

I believe ZDF will have the show with the part about Carl Philip in their Mediathek, don't you think?

yes helen the zdf has the file under Leute heute from today.
in this clip they say that the court marshall forgott to say the capital master that CP is a left hander so he has problems to write here name, but at the end he done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom