Prince Carl Philip, Current Events Part 3: January 2006 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not really sure that these kind of glossy pictures are doing the institute of the monarchy any favors (same goes for other royals posing for Vogue & co.). I critisized the Danish CP couple for making such photo shoots and in this case I don't see the point either. Since it is a Hugo Boss suit, the prince isn't even promoting Swedish fashion.

On February Carl Philip will visit the International Union for Conservation of Nature, IUCN in Schweiz for two days. Events concerning nature and climate have always been in Victoria´s agenda.
Yes that one we can agree on, but that's end of February. The point was that right now January/ beg. of February, his activeness does not seem to be linked to taking over Victoria's duties, since neither was her area of interest.

Yes that one we can agree on, but that's end of February. The point was that right now January/ beg. of February, his activeness does not seem to be linked to taking over Victoria's duties, since neither was her area of interest.

But at the moment Victoria is still working so she's not on maternity leave. Carl Philip is taking over her duties when she's on leave so at the moment he's still carrying out his own events and not Victoria's.

But at the moment Victoria is still working so she's not on maternity leave. Carl Philip is taking over her duties when she's on leave so at the moment he's still carrying out his own events and not Victoria's.

That's what Iva meant, Charlotte. And I agree completely with her post. That's what I meant, too. The end of Febuary is a complete different thing. Then it's normal that CP and/or Daniel overtake Victorias duties. But now CP does events which are definitely screaming "CP" and not "overtaken from Victoria".

And useful or not (I don't see what's so bad about them, honestly): I really, really like those magazine photos. Ilook black and white photos. He's looking great on/in (which one is right?) them.

Last edited:
I still find this huge PR effort which swedish court makes for Carl Philip very odd. I fear that they are trying to polish his image before the engagement. And these kind of photos aren´t helpong the case, they have tried to make the prince look like some actor from the 1930´s. It isn´t he himself at all, just some creation of the DV.

I personally like the black and white pics of Prince Carl Philip- so classy, and impeccable men's fashion & grooming!

I still find this huge PR effort which swedish court makes for Carl Philip very odd. I fear that they are trying to polish his image before the engagement. And these kind of photos aren´t helpong the case, they have tried to make the prince look like some actor from the 1930´s. It isn´t he himself at all, just some creation of the DV.

I disagree on both. It's just logical that he's doing more now that he's finished his studies. He has way more time for those duties now than before. I don't think he needs his image polished because I think a lot of people did him wrong in the past. He was studying so he couldn't do dutyafter duty after duty like other royals. Now he can and he does. Plain and simple.

And the photos are great. Yes, maybe 20's or 30's like but since I like the way of styling and clothing of those times I like those photos also.

Carl Philip visits the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) in Switzerland today and tomorrow. Carl Philip is a "Patron of Nature" of the Union.
IUCN - Patrons of Nature

About Carl Philip´s visit at the IUCN
"During his welcoming ceremony at IUCN's Swiss headquarters, the Prince said that he is delighted to be working with IUCN and looks forward to doing “great things” for nature."
IUCN - A royal welcome for nature

I just wonder how his car racing will fit along with the "doing great things for nature".

Prince Carl Philip participated in "Skejtvasan" today. It is the last 30 kilometers from Oxberg to Mora a long the classic 90 kilometer "Vasaloppet" route in skating technique ( cross country skiing).

He will give the inaugural speech for Vasaloppet this evening in Mora Church. Vasaloppet celebrates it's 90:th anniversary this year. You may have heard that Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark as well as the sister and brother to the Duchess of Cambridge is participating in Vasaloppet on Sunday so there are a lot of papparazis there too ;)

Last edited:
Pic nr. 4 is the nicest.

Sofia has really big teeth.

I like the answer he gives in the end to the commentator Roberto Vacci of Eurosport fame when he asks if the prince have time to ski much "Let me put it this way, i should have trained more"

Prins Carl Philip tog med sig Sofia till SkejtVasan | Svensk Damtidning

Carl Philip is very sorry that Petter Northug can´t start at Vasaloppet: He is an extremely competent skier. I think he could have been really dangerous, said Carl Philip.
Prinsens hyllning till Petter Northug | Längdskidor | Expressen
Google translation

Photos of Carl Philip in SkejtVasan
ANP Photo
ANP Photo

Carl Philip speaking at the opening ceremony for the Vasaloppet cross-country ski race in Mora Church yesterday.
”Målmedvetenhet, viljestyrka och passion” | Dala-Demokraten
Google translation

Last edited:
Isn't CP suppose to be picking up the workload now that Victoria and Daniel are on maternity leave? He only has for things on the calendar for the rest of the month, what a busy little bee. :whistling: Or busy little hamster if you prefer. :hamster: :lol:

lilnana said:
Isn't CP suppose to be picking up the workload now that Victoria and Daniel are on maternity leave? He only has for things on the calendar for the rest of the month, what a busy little bee. :whistling: Or busy little hamster if you prefer. :hamster: :lol:

Only pieces of their work is publisized in the calendar

Only pieces of their work is publisized in the calendar

I know, but if they are only putting four events up the he must not being doing much to begin with. The court does that with everyone but yet the Queen has 12, the King has 17, Victoria, Daniel and Madeline aren't working so CP should have more then just 4 on the calendar.

I know, but if they are only putting four events up the he must not being doing much to begin with. The court does that with everyone but yet the Queen has 12, the King has 17, Victoria, Daniel and Madeline aren't working so CP should have more then just 4 on the calendar.

Daniel has 2 work engagements in April at his calendar. Maybe the calendar is updated when the king returns to work from holiday next week.

A video of Carl Philip´s interview at the SVT Winter studio today:
Prinsen gästade soffan i Vinterstudion - Vasaloppet | SVT Play

Last edited:
Daniel is on maternity leave with Victoria so it's perfectly understandable that he would have only two engagements in April, CP on the other hand is not on leave.

Carl Philip and his live-in girlfriend posing like a family for pics during an officially listed public appearance of the Prince, holding the child of an 'admirer' like only grade C celebs do for fan pictures… inappropriate.

IMHO all wrong actually, just like her TV 'interview' about the occasion while excitedly leaning out of a car window.

I realise that it's ultimately up to people of Sweden to decide whether they accept Sofia as their new Princess or not (provided, of course, she and Carl Philip do get married); however, I really don't understand all the negativity directed at the girl. True, she has made some (highly) questionable choices in her life, but as one wise man once said, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
Sofia is hardly more controversial than Mette-Marit of Norway once was - and look what a great job the latter does now! Mette-Marit was also set to become Queen of Norway once, whereas the chances of Carl Philip's wife to become one are extremely low. So I say, live and let live. :)

Taking a more thorough look at the kind of life-long attempts of this royal girlfriend to become a celebrity should make it completely nonsensical to equal her past with the biography of CP Mette Marit.
I'm quite surprised that it appears to be fine with most that Miss Hellqvist uses appearances of Carl Philip to flaunt her royal girlfriend status to the media at public functions like hardly any other woman in her position has done before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom