The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 01:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I think a lot of folks feel a tad sorry for C-P, because of his loss in the line of succession. (From Wikipedia) Born Crown Prince of Sweden, he retained his title and first place in succession for seven months until 1 January 1980. On that date, he was stripped of both due to a change in the Act of Succession to introduce equal primogeniture. Since then, Prince Carl Philip has been second in the line of succession, after his elder sister, Crown Princess Victoria. However, in the line of succession to the thrones of the Commonwealth realms, Prince Carl Philip is ahead of his elder sister due to those countries all operating male-preference primogeniture.

Had he not been born Crown Prince, then stripped of his inheritance, he could very well have been a very different fellow.

Don't get me wrong, I adore CP Victoria.
I too think the law should not have been changed, but can you imagine Carl-Philip as Heir to the Throne with HIS behavior now?

Something tells me that he is relieved not to have his older sister's responsibilities and burdens as the Heir!

Old 07-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I too think the law should not have been changed, but can you imagine Carl-Philip as Heir to the Throne with HIS behavior now?

Something tells me that he is relieved not to have his older sister's responsibilities and burdens as the Heir!
Well, the majority of the support the royal house has comes from the fact that Victoria is the one behaving herself. If she dies without a child we are left with Carl-Philip as the heir to the throne and then the monarchy will see the popularity drop like a stone

Old 08-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Gentry

I hope soon we can see CP's photo from Stockholm open
Old 08-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDial View Post
.... while Carl Philip just plays around all the time doing basically nothing. ...
The problem for Carl Philip is the lack of a well defined role.
The role of the king is clear; the queen consort has found her niche over the years.
The crown-princess role is to be an understudy and train to take over the sovereign role any time but the role of a 2nd or 3rd tier royal is not well defined, except to "support the king"; this is a vague role in which some people have failed and ended up as bored, unfocused partying royals. One example comes to mind: the late Princess Margaret in the UK. I hope CP is not following this path!

At his age most "normal" people have found jobs, are busy establishing careers, in other words at that age one should have found some direction. CP clearly has not.
They (the court) need to find him something meaningful to do, fast! Ditto for Madeleine and now Daniel.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:08 PM

Madeleine has found something meaningful to do: she does work for World Childhood Foundation. At least she's doing charity work; we have yet to see Carl Philip do the same.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Serene Highness

Let's say that CP Victoria had daughters but no sons. If her brother CP Carl Philip had a son, who would be the heir to the throne. Would it be CP Victoria's daughter or CP Carl Philip's son? This sucession stuff confuses me. Forgive me. I'm not up on all this.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:31 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Princess Victoria's children will come before Carl Philip's, regardless of whether they are male or female. When Victoria has her first child, CP (and Madeleine) will move down the line of succession to 3rd and 4th places - Victoria will still be #1, her first child will be #2. Carl Philip's children will slot in between him and Madeleine, based on order of their birth. Madeleine's children will follow her in the line of succession.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:35 AM
Gentry

Madeleine och Carl Philip på festhumör i Grekland

Google Translate
Old 09-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip continues his studies at Alnarp
Prinsen fortsätter på Alnarp - Sverige - Sydsvenskan
Google Translate
Old 09-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sounds like the officer at Alnarp is surprised he's still there.
I can't believe he's still in school.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Courtier

I don't see anything wrong with that. You wouldn't believe what amounts of studies I would study if I could afford them all. He can afford it so why shouldn't he learn all that what interests him. It's way better than wasting his live endless parties like a lot of sons/daughters of the high society do.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Of course nothings wrong with his attending school, but he can't do that for the rest of his life. I think he uses it as a hideaway.

I just saw Carl Philip on MSN's front page. That's very surprising considering that the only royals who make front page news most of the time in the US are the British royals. It's about bachelor princes but nonetheless I'm rather surprised.
Hot Princes! - MSN Relationships - Slideshow (Pic 2)
Old 09-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I'm sort of glad that he's still studying agriculture, it seems as though he's taking his job as owner of the farm he inherited seriously, which bodes well for the future.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia26 View Post
Interesting photo, thanks!
Thernon look at Prince like lion looking at rabbit )))

Poor intelligent boy
These bad Hollywood women have reached our boy ((((
She isn't looking at HIM. She's looking at something, but not him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
But you must also think about the very different societies and different tradition of the royal families between Sweden and UK. There is not a tradition of charity in Sweden in the same way as in the UK and the US for instance - the state takes care of that part . But ofcourse he could do other things, but i don´t really mind his studying and partly designing.
Adults either do something or nothing...what is "partly designing?" He's always seemed a loafer, but as I've said earlier he did get a raw deal when equal primogeniture was adopted. I wouldn't like being the CP and then suddenly NOT being the CP. That would make me mentally ill...which just might be why he has no interest in anything.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Serene Highness

Hm, but wasn't he hardly a year old when the succession was changed?
Old 09-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Adults either do something or nothing...what is "partly designing?" He's always seemed a loafer, but as I've said earlier he did get a raw deal when equal primogeniture was adopted. I wouldn't like being the CP and then suddenly NOT being the CP. That would make me mentally ill...which just might be why he has no interest in anything.
Umm...he was 7 months old when the equal primogeniture was adopted. Really can't see this cause any damage to him.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Aristocracy

I could immagine that it has an effect on a person. Not the fact that the rule was changed, but the fact that every grown up around him knew. And his father did not approve, as far as I know. I think that children are very sensitive to such things "in the air".
Old 09-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Sounds like the officer at Alnarp is surprised he's still there.
I can't believe he's still in school.
Alnarp has a multi year program and he is apparently preparing for the two large estates he is going to be in charge off. He is also a very accomplished designer.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Serene Highness

That issue of succession should have been settled before any children were born.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Aristocracy

I doubt Victoria let alone Carl Philip remember the time the succession was changed. I am sure he became aware of it at some point and could have possibly harbored some resentment towards Victoria for that but come on...

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, current events, prince carl philip