Prince Carl Philip, Current Events Part 1: November 2002 - August 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
Name; Carl Philip Edmund Bertil

Title; Prince of Sweden, Duke of Värmland

Born; on May 13, 1979 at the Royal Palace, Stockholm.

Family; Prince Carl Philip is the second eldest child of His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf and Her Majesty Queen Silvia. He has two sisters, Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine

Residence; at Drottningholm Palace since 1982.

Confirmed; in the summer of 1994 at Vadstena Church, after confirmation studies in Medevi.

School; During the period 1984-86, Prince Carl Philip attended the Västerled parish preschool. In the autumn of 1986, he started school at Smedslättsskolan in Bromma which he attended at junior level. For the intermediate level, the Prince attended Ålstensskolan in Bromma, proceeding from there, in the autumn of 1992, to senior level at Enskilda Gymnasiet in Stockholm. In the autumn of 1994 Prince Carl Philip started at the private school Kent in Connecticut, USA, where he spent two years. The Prince then followed a science programme at Lundsberg upper secondary school. He matriculated in the spring of 1999.

Military; The Prince has completed his military service at the Amphibious Batallion at Vaxholm's Coast Artillery Regiment as a combat boat commander (combat boat 90) in the autumn of 2000. For the time being the Prince will now fulfil an education to become a naval officer in the Swedish Navy.

Some facts; In accordance with the 1979 Act of Succession which entered into force on January 1, 1980, Prince Carl Philip is second in the line of succession, next to Crown Princess Victoria

Source

http://www.royalcourt.se/net/Royal+Court

from

www.eharlequin.com
http://www.eharlequin.com/harl/magazine/features/royal/81mfer31.htm

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden

Even though he's male, Prince Carl Philip of Sweden won't become king of his country. That's because the progressive Swedes decided that the oldest child born to the monarch, regardless of gender, will be next in line to the throne. Since his sister Victoria was born first, she'll reign as Queen one day. But all isn't lost for Carl. He's grown into a very good looking young man and, despite his line in the Swedish succession, he's still quite a royal catch.

Carl Philip Edmund Bertil (thank goodness that Bertil wasn't his first name!) was born to King Carl Gustaf XVI and Queen Silvia on May 13, 1979 at the Royal Palace in Stockholm. His official titles are Prince of Sweden and Duke of Varmland. As part of his military service, he recently returned from a 166-day stint with the Swedish royal navy on the HMS Carlskrona, a ship that visited Chile, Puerto Rico, Argentina, South Africa, and Greece, among others. He is training to become a combat-boat commander. His navy service has taken him out of the spotlight in the last few months, probably a welcome break from media attention. But his tour of duty meant that he had to miss his sister Princess Madeleine's graduation from high school and Sweden's National Day festivities. On the official royal web site, his interests are listed as outdoor life, swimming, skiing, and football, which probably means he likes soccer.

As for his love life, in January of this year he took the bold step of admitting to a relationship with a girl by the name of Emma Pernauld, a commoner who works for a publicity agency (what's up with the Swedish royals and their PR partners?). The couple was photographed together last summer while they were on vacation in St. Tropez, on the south coast of France, and they've been photographed in public on a couple of other occasions.

When a reporter from Expressen, the Swedish publication, asked him if he was involved with Emma, he replied with a resounding, "Yes." When the reporter then asked if he was going to have time for his girlfriend while fulfilling his military duties, he said that he would figure it out. How sweet! We'll have to keep an eye on this one!

Attachments

• l.jpg
    l.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 641
  • m.jpg
    m.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 721
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,409
Last edited by a moderator:
Swedish Prince Carl Philip to move to own flat

Thu Feb 20,11:48 AM ET

STOCKHOLM, Sweden - Swedish Prince Carl Philip is leaving home and will move to an apartment of his own in the spring, the Royal Court said Thursday.

The 23-year-old prince, second in line to the throne after his older sister Crown Princess Victoria, will move to a flat opposite the Royal Castle in Stockholm's Old Town, court spokeswoman Catherine Broms said.

It is not the first time the prince will live on his own. While training as a naval officer in Karlskrona, 400 kilometers (250 miles) south of Stockholm, he lived in several apartments.

Broms said she did not know when he will move. "It will be sometime during the spring," she said.

The prince's girlfriend, Emma Pernald, likely will not move in with the prince, Broms said. She lives in a flat in another part of the city.

Earlier this year, the prince's other sister, 20-year-old Princess Madeleine, said she also wanted to live on her own. She is the youngest of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia's three children, and her parents said they wanted to keep her home a little longer.

Carl Philip will study graphic design in the spring.

AP

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 1,546
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,445
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,575
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,289
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,309
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,301
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,417
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,368
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,505
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,349

Attachments

• e.jpg
    e.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,294
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,438
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 626
  • i.jpg
    i.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,220

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 530
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,730
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 753
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 2,133
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 655
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,327
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 594
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 531
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 762
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 713
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 699
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 627
Happy birthday! Lets all post our favourite pics of this cutie ;)

Attachments

• Madeleine_and_Carl_Philip.jpg
    Madeleine_and_Carl_Philip.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,491
today its the prince 24th birthday

picture from www.ibl.se

Attachments

• n.jpg
    n.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 12,472
a baby picture.. very cute =)

Carl Philip, Victoria and Madeleine in 1992

Attachments

• CH_00788.jpeg
    CH_00788.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,188
  • siblings.jpg
    siblings.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 520
Yennie, that lovely photo you posted of Madeleine and Carl Philip, do you know when and which event it was taken at?

Many thanks. :flower:

Originally posted by Gita@May 13th, 2003 - 3:18 pm
Yennie, that lovely photo you posted of Madeleine and Carl Philip, do you know when and which event it was taken at?

Many thanks. :flower:
Yes, that picture was taken at the birthday party of Agnetha Kreuger. She´s the mother of Crownprincess Victorias best friend Caroline and one of queen Silvias best friends.
All guest were given a camera and somehow one camera was "stolen" and the pictures released to the public... The royal family was very upset about this...

I think the date was march 2001 or 2002. I´m not sure... but I´ll get back to you on that one =)'

here´s two more pics from that day...

Caroline and Charlotte Kreuger with princess Madeleine

Attachments

• Madeleine_and_a_guy.jpg
    Madeleine_and_a_guy.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,148
  • Madeleine_and_friends.jpg
    Madeleine_and_friends.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,353

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,309
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,266
  • m.jpg
    m.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 4,210
  • m.jpg
    m.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 669
HI Josefine!Thanks for the pictures , some are great. It must be a lot of work to find them. I`m not really a big fan of prince Carl Philip , but the picture , where you wrote a good looking prince it affected me to much. I wonder how he looks like in real life and one time i´d like to meet him.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 567
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 497
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 505
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 588
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 626
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 518
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 521
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 487
an old picture of Carl Philip and his daddy

Attachments

• carlp.jpg
    carlp.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,337
text and pictures from www.aftonbladet.se

Carl Philips flickvän Emma svårt skadad

Carl Philips flickvän Emma Pernald skadades svårt vid en olycka på Sandhamn i Stockholms skärgård.
När hon hoppade från bryggan till kungens båt ramlade hon och fick en stålvajer över ögat.
Utan syn på ena ögat fördes hon tillsammans med prinsen i ambulanshelikopter till Karolinska sjukhuset.

- Hon slog i huvudet ganska rejält och drabbades av en hjärnskakning, säger hennes mamma Pamela Pernald till Expressen.
Olyckan inträffade vid lunchtid i går. Prins Carl Philip hade tillsammans med sin flickvän Emma Pernald åkt till Sandhamn med kungens havskryssare Ancylus II av Lovön.
Carl Philip och Emma Pernald hade precis lagt till och gick för att äta på Sandhamns Seglarhotell. Emma kom ihåg att hon hade glömt något i båten och gick tillbaka.
När hon skulle hoppa från bryggan föll hon och slog i huvudet. En stålvajer träffade henne över ögat.

Svårt illamående
Carl Philip och flera turister skyndade fram för att hjälpa Emma.
- Jag kom in till bryggan precis när det hade hänt, prinsen och hans sällskap var där. Min son berättade att det var Emma som var skadad, berättar ett ögonvittne.
Läkare konstaterade att hon hade tappat synen på ena ögat och var svårt illamående. En ambulanshelikopter tillkallades.
- De fick hjälpa henne in i helikoptern, säger en seglare.
Prins Carl Philip följde med sin flickvän i helikoptern till Karolinska sjukhuset i Solna. Där konstaterade neurologläkare att hon drabbats av en hjärnskakning.
Sent i går kväll kunde Emma Pernald ringa sin mamma Pamela Pernald.
- Hon mådde inte bra, och var rejält trött. Men hon hade fått tillbaka synen. Nu måste hon vila ut, säger Pamela Pernald.
Hovets informationschef Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg:
- Emma Pernald mår efter omständigheterna bra.
Emma Pernald fick i går lämna sjukhuset och vilade i natt ut i sin bostad i centrala Stockholm.

Emma got hurt in a boat accident she fell when she was going of the boat that Carl Philip has load from his father. She was rushed to the hospital with a helicopter.

She could go home later that night but she did not feel well at all her mother told the paper, also the court said that she did not feel good but she is now resting in her home in Stockholm.

Ill try to translate more later.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,546
I have been thinking is it common that the court talks about the children girlfriends/boyfriends ?
I hope that we will soon see a prince wedding in Sweden

Polfoto 28-06-2003 - Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden stands together with her sister Princess Madeleine and her brother Prince Carl Philip at Prince Leopold of Bavaria's birthday party in Rottach-Egern, Germany, 28 June 2003. Prince Leopold, or Poldi as his friends call him, invited royals and important people from film and economy to celebrate his 60th birthday with him. He turned 60 on 21 June 2003. Prince Leopold and the Swedish royals are closely connected. Leopold is Prince Philip's godfather.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 426
I consider that as strange too. And maybe I´m wrong, but in the case of crown princess Victoria the court even didn´t admit/affirm any boyfriend until now. If we would believe them, Victoria is single since 10 years.
I would love a prince-wedding in sweden too, but I fear that the royal children won´t marry before thirty.

Oh, prince carl-philip is so handsome. Although it´s not really possible to compare a man with a woman, I´ve to say, that now Carl-Philip is the best looking member of the swedish Royal family!
And it´s now time again for my "Isn´t prince Frederik´s Mary looking like.....XY"-competition. Until now I´ve mentioned Alexia of Greece and Jennifer Aniston...but after the newest pics of "cousin" Carl-Philip and his Emma, I noticed that there´s a lot of Emma in Mary (or vice versa) :woot:

Isn´t he just sooo cute in this picture ?! He looked right into my camera :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 108.JPG
    108.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 419

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 387
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 435
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 929
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 801
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 762
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 830
--------

--------

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 959
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,010
Polfoto 31-07-2003 **EXCLUSIVE** Swedish Prince Carl Philip, his girlfriend Emma Pernald and the faithful dog Gela are spending a couple of summer weeks on an island off the Swedish west coast. Living in Emma's childhood summer cottage, they spend the days scuba diving and sailing.

Attachments

• ch061756_guest.jpg
    ch061756_guest.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 397
  • ch061758_guest.jpg
    ch061758_guest.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 430
  • ch061757_guest.jpg
    ch061757_guest.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 456
  • ch061761_guest.jpg
    ch061761_guest.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 398
  • ch061763_guest.jpg
    ch061763_guest.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 405
  • ch061759_guest.jpg
    ch061759_guest.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 374
is this the first time they allow a camera take their pictures like this,, I have not seen any pictures like this before

Neither have I.. the only pics I´ve seen of them before are taken in a more "paparazzi" kind of way

Nice to see that they´re more open about their relationship now. They´ve been a couple for 4 years , right?

Could this be a sign that their relationship is getting more serious?

Carl Philip is a very appealing and likeable looking person as is Emma.

Maybe these photos are Carl Philip and Emma's way of getting the press to back off. Invite them to a proper photo session so that they won't have to sneak around and get photos of the couple on their holidays, putting an effective end to the paprazzi photos.

Or maybe it is their way of paving the way for Emma's acceptance into the royal family in the eyes of the public. Sort of a learning ground for Emma so that she will know what kind of pressures she will have to deal with.

O/T is the press as bad in Sweden with their royal families as the British press are with theirs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom