Prince Carl Philip & Emma Pernald, Current Events Part 1: October 2004 - August 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well how many people would be expected to watch? 3 Billion? Yeah I think SVT and Co also would be quite busy but maybe Daniel would not like such a big event. What to do than? Replace him by a double during the ceremony :eek: ?

mixer2002de said:
Well how many people would be expected to watch? 3 Billion? Yeah I think SVT and Co also would be quite busy but maybe Daniel would not like such a big event. What to do than? Replace him by a double during the ceremony :eek: ?

Haven´t you said before, that you have similarities in looks to Daniel*? ;)
Maybe you could do the job...you even would be allowed to kiss the princess. And I´m sure you would do your job good, and the ppl would get to see a Royal wedding kiss, that they have never seen before :D

To stay a little bit more seriously...when I think of the wedding of Andrea and Niklas Engsäll, then I get the feeling, that it´s for Daniel only unpleasant to be photographed in daily and private moments...in other words, when he isn´t prepared for cameras. And who could blame him.

*well, I know how our fellow here looks...and imo he looks much better than Daniel

Well isn't a wedding a very private thing? Actually I would get afraid of kissing if I would think of more than 1 billion ppl waiting for that :eek:

mixer2002de said:
Well isn't a wedding a very private thing? Actually I would get afraid of kissing if I would think of more than 1 billion ppl waiting for that :eek:

I also would be scared to death! I think I already would be scared before my own wedding...and I hardly have to count with one billion watchers :rolleyes:
Well, maybe one shouldn´t call it "fear"...I guess the term "stage fright" is better...this usually means, that all is forgotten, when you are in the situation. And couldn´t it be, that it´s also an overwhelming feeling, when a few thousand people shout "kiss" (well, of course they would shout it in swedish "kyss"...I guess "kiss" in the Swedish meaning is the last thing, that Daniel needs in this moment :D For the curious ppl, who want to understand Lena´s dirty humor, here you can look it up:
http://www-lexikon.nada.kth.se/skolverket/sve-eng.shtml )

Maybe he shouldn't drink anything in advance and go on the toilet before :) to prevent the "kiss". Anyway I think a royal wedding is stress especially for the two victims and it is no fun for them on that day. I really would be interested in GrandDuchess's opinion but I did not read anything from her for quite a long time.

Last edited:
mixer2002de said:
Maybe he shouldn't drink anything in advance and go on the toilet before :) to prevent the "kiss". Anyway I think a royal wedding is stress especiall for the two victims and it is no fun. I really would be interested in GrandDuchess's opinion but I did not read anything from her for quite a long time.

As much as I know lightning has destroyed GrandDuchess`PC more than 2 weeks ago and that´s why she isn´t around :( I hope the problem is soon solved...because I really miss my "Granny" (this nick is just related to her nick name on TRF...not to anything else. ;) )
23_3_12.gif

Hm, I really can´t say, how Royals would prefer their wedding...with or without the people. As much as I know, Mary and Frederik didn´t want to get filmed during the actual wedding ceremony. Maybe Victoria and Daniel would choose a similar thing. I just can hope, they are left alone on their honeymoon. I never made a secret out of my love for Paparazzi-pics...but everything has limits. And this is IMO one.

Yeah but Vicky and husband bed pics from wedding night or honeymoon surley would be a paparazzi top seller!

mixer2002de said:
Yeah but Vicky and husband bed pics from wedding night or honeymoon surley would be a paparazzi top seller!

Nope...no one would publish such things. Even ACJ couldn´t manage it, that the court would have such a bad relationship to Expressobladet, that they would publish such pictures. Most people (readers) like Victoria and wouldn´t wish her to be confronted with such a mean thing, after the "best weeks" of her life.

And now we should get back on the tracks. Otherwise I´ve to slip over my "moderator-robe" and have to rebuke you and ME :D

There wasn´t any news of both of them for a very long time.

Haven´t anyone heard something about them, perharps a scandal ;) or something interesting.
No its nice that there are no scandals becoming public. Perfect couple, there must be something behind the facade, or else this relationship is boring.
In my opinion in every relationship there are rowing, or not?

But otherway thats private, not for everyone, so i don´t want to know :p

Cerasma said:

Haven´t anyone heard something about them, perharps a scandal ;) or something interesting.

I'd love for engagement news to pop up :D. These two look altar-bound.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
I'd love for engagement news to pop up :D. These two look altar-bound.

While I would love that too...and while I think, that Emma is out of "princess material"...I always have my doubts about young couples, who date very long. Experience (from watching ;) ) has shown me, that they (in spite of seeming perfect and harmonious together) often break up and that the "partner for life" is married after a much shorter time span of dating (scientists could call this the "Felipe-syndrome" or what about the "Katie Holmes"-syndrome? ;) )
Haven´t you seen similar things in your circle of friends, acquaintances or with "famous" ppl? I must say personally I don´t know a single couple, who has started to date around 16-20 years and who married after 5-10 years of dating. Of course this must happen in the world...but I guess the case with the "fast" marriage (within 1-4 years of dating) happens more often :confused:

Last edited:
It is true that young couples dating for a long time tend to break up because the relationship gets stagnant. It seems that neither one is willing to take the next step forward in a natural course of a relationship. Many people my age have the same problem, such as dating through college and then not knowing what else to do. However, on the other side, many young couple these days have their own agendas. They want to establish something first and then go into marriage. Just in case if something doesn't work out, one is not dependent on the other.

So there is hope for anyone else ;)

But its true, I also know some in my circumcircle where it hapened like this.
The future will tell us more. :D

Lena said:
While I would love that too...and while I think, that Emma is out of "princess material"...I always have my doubts about young couples, who date very long. Experience (from watching ;) ) has shown me, that they (in spite of seeming perfect and harmonious together) often break up and that the "partner for life" is married after a much shorter time span of dating (scientists could call this the "Felipe-syndrome" or what about the "Katie Holmes"-syndrome? ;) )
Haven´t you seen similar things in your circle of friends, acquaintances or with "famous" ppl? I must say personally I don´t know a single couple, who has started to date around 16-20 years and who married after 5-10 years of dating. Of course this must happen in the world...but I guess the case with the "fast" marriage (within 1-4 years of dating) happens more often :confused:

Hmm, maybe it's a cultural thing, but for Filipinos (the old school ones, anyway), it doesn't look good if you meet and marry within 3-4 years. For us, the longer you date, the better off you are because you know exactly what you're getting into. Personally, I wouldn't marry someone I've been dating less than 3 years.

Carl Phillip and Emma look great together and you can see deep affection and respect for one another. Plus, you can see that they have staying power which, sad to say, is severely lacking in today's world.

Carl Philip

Does Carl-Philip have a girlfriend?

Little_star said:
Does Carl-Philip have a girlfriend?

As you can see, I´ve moved your post to the thread, in which we collect news and pictures on Carl Philip and his girlfriend.
Her name is Emma Lovisa Pernald. She grew up in Askim, which is a part/district of Gothenborg. In 1999 Emma has met Carl Philip, who was then in the military and based at the west coast of Sweden. Emma is 25 years old and has rented an apartment in Östermalm/Stockholm, but mainly she spends her days (and nights) with Carl Philip in his apartment.

Thank you to whoever directed re-directed my post to thi thread. I've only just discovered Prince Carl-Philip and was interested in learning more. Hence my #132.

Thank you, Lena, I was typing my message and hadn't seen your post. The explanation was most useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cerasma said:

No its nice that there are no scandals becoming public. Perfect couple, there must be something behind the facade, or else this relationship is boring.
In my opinion in every relationship there are rowing, or not?

But otherway thats private, not for everyone, so i don´t want to know :p

:D What theories. (Unfortunately) I also get always suspicious, when things seem too "idyllic". But obviously CP and Emma enjoy a very private life and so we don´t get to hear of their "private fights". I´m sure, they have ones. I can imagine, that CP is a guy, who is sulking a lot, when things are not going, as he wants them. But I guess, he also can´t stand troubles for longer and would try to make peace. And I guess Emma knows, how to get, what she wants, but is (like Carl Philip´s mother in the relationship to his father) also "the calming influence" in the relationship.
Of course I could be wrong. This is just based on my (few) observations I could make (through the press)

I SWEAR that I saw Carl Phillip and Emma today in Östermalm, walking along the Embassy area, by the U.S. Ambassador's residence near Djurgården. I was walking back from a long lunch on Strandvägen and decided to walk along the water in front of the U.S. and British residences. There was a guy and a girl walking a few steps in front of me. The guy was dark haired, wearing a black sleeveless shirt and cropped pants and reflective sunglasses.. The girl was also dark haired, but her hair was slightly curly. I dropped my purse, and so the two people walking in front of me looked back, i presume to see if I was ok. When they turned around, I SWEAR it was them. The guy looked EXACTLY like CP!!!! I haven't seen SO many photos of Emma, but if her hair could be curly, it could have definitely been her too. She was also wearing big, reflective sunglasses. They were carrying Systemet bags and he was carrying a radio.

I turned off towards the Embassy area and they kept walking. I wonder if anyone knows they were out there today?

Last edited:
Apparently Emma and Carl Philip are togehter at Solliden at the moment.
I read that an unidentified man swam very close to the beach house at Solliden where Carl Philip and Emma were boating.
I think the man was sent off by the guards but the fact that he was able to get so close must be a security faliure.

Perhaps one should go for a swim the next time I´m on Öland :rolleyes:

Is the picture of CP and Emma on the cover out of an old serie? Or is this from 2005 :confused:

Attachments

• 2898.jpg
    2898.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 770
Lena said:
Is the picture of CP and Emma on the cover out of an old serie? Or is this from 2005 :confused:
Thankx Lena. Why does the cover spells Emmas?

Idriel said:
Thankx Lena. Why does the cover spells Emmas?

Because it´s the genitive (Whose love trip? Carl Philips and Emmas ). So actually it should be "Carl Philips and Emmas heta kärleksresa" (Carl Philips and Emmas hot love trip). But maybe there´s a rule, then one can ignore the "s" in the first name, when one uses it for the second :confused:

From my experience with the English language, I would have written it as Carl Philip and Emma's love trip. I think that the article only forgot an apostrophe.

Lena said:
thats an old photo. I think its from 2003...

Kiwian said:
From my experience with the English language, I would have written it as Carl Philip and Emma's love trip. I think that the article only forgot an apostrophe.
I´m not an expert :p but I dont think we use "Emma´s" in swedish... Its ok to write Emmas and Madeleines and etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps we´ll see some better photos of Emma sitting in the front row in the future. But here she is "almost" a part of the family :)

photos from Victorias birthday 2000 / Corbis

Attachments

• emma.jpg
    emma.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 2,022
  • emma2.jpg
    emma2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 566
I just read in Svensk Damtidning that Carl Philip couldn´t attend the wedding of one of his friends because Carl Philip and Emma was in USA at the time.
But Carl Philip send a telegram to the happy couple, old classmate John Bernström and Louise Barkman.

Ooooh, I just arrived from the States on Sunday! Do you know exactly where they are/were?! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom