Prince Carl Bernadotte (1911-2003) and Family, News 1: July 2003 - March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Majesty
Country
United States
July 10, 2003 - Danderyd, Sweden - The funeral of Prince Carl Bernadotte,92. He was cousin to Carl XVI Gustafs grandfather and he lived in the village Benalmadena in Spain. He is mourned by members of his family. He was also a popular relative to the royal familys in both Norway and Sweden. The funeral took place in the church of Danderyd (a suburb to Stockholm in Sweden) attended by his family and relatives. The Royal family of Norway attended also as well as the Swedish queen and king.
Picture of Mette-Marit and Haakon attending the funeral.
Photo: Fredrik Perssson/www.polfoto.dk

July 10, 2003 - Mette-Marit and Haakon attending the funeral of Prince Carl Bernadotte.
Picture Fredrik Sandberg, Scanpix

Attachments

• ch056849.JPG
    ch056849.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,209
  • 279507.JPG
    279507.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,648
Last edited:
1) Polfoto 10-07-2003 Danderyd 2003-07-10 The funeral of Prince Carl Bernadotte,92.He was cousin to Carl XVI Gustafs grandfather and he lived in the village Benalmadena in Spain. He is mourned by members of his family. He was also a popular relative to the royal families in both Norway and Sweden. The funeral took place in the church of Danderyd (a suburb to Stockholm in Sweden) attended by his family and relatives. The Royal family of Norway attended also as well as the Swedish Queen and King. Photo: Fredrik Perssson code: 1081COPYRIGHT PRESSENS BILD

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Carl's third wife, princess Kristine Bernadotte died on Tuesday 4th November in her home in Benalmádena in Spain. She was 82 years old. Princess Kristine Bernadotte's funeral will take place (the date is yet to be announced) at the Royal Chapel of Drottningholm Palace.
Trond Norén Isaksen's blog
Trond Norén Isaksen At the road's end Princess Kristine Bernadotte (1932-2014)

Members of the swedish and norwegian royal family are attending to the funeral. Since she was very close to the norwegian royal family, I expect many of them to attend.
Kongens tante, prinsesse Kristine, er død - NRK – Norge
Translation

Kongefamiliens kjære «tante Kristine» er død! Kongebloggen - Kjell Arne Totland
Translation

Last edited:
Margareta Thorgren from the press department tells that the king and royal family have been informed about the death of princess Kristine Bernadotte. Thorgren says that she was a distant relative of the king and of course the king has sent his condolences.
Kristine Bernadotte död – kungen har sorg Nyheter Expressen

Last edited:
I wonder if any of the Belgian Royal Family or of the Luxembourgian Grand Ducal Family will attend her funeral, as the Princess was an aunt of the late King Baudouin of Belgium, of King Albert II of Belgium and of Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte of Luxembourg.

I wonder if any of the Belgian Royal Family or of the Luxembourgian Grand Ducal Family will attend her funeral, as the Princess was an aunt of the late King Baudouin of Belgium, of King Albert II of Belgium and of Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte of Luxembourg.

I think i read somewhere that at the funeral of Prince Carl Bernadotte Queen Paola and Grand-duchess Josephine Charlotte attended, but not a big repesentation of both families (not like the norwegian or swedish RF), so i'd expect similar for this funeral?

Prince Carl was Queen Astrid's Brother .
I don't know how is the relationship with his third wife . I don't know either how is their relationship with Countess Madeleine Bernadotte, Prince Carl's only daughter from his first wife.
Countess Madeleine married the Belgian late Count Ullens de Schooten and divorced. Their Children were always invited when there was a remembering about Queen Astrid.

King Albert had a new surgery and Queen Paola has to stay with him.
The King Albert Ii will not attend the King's Feast on November 15th but well Queen Paola, Princess Astrid , Prince Lorenz and Princess Claire.

It is sad for Countess Madeleine who lost her second husband Mr Kogevinas also.

Princess Kristine Bernadotte (l) with prince Carl's daughter Madeleine Kogevinas (r) and countess Marianne Bernadotte at king Carl Gustaf's 40th Jubilee last year.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Countess Madeleine looks like a classy lady and every inch the princess she almost is. Two of her great-grandfathers where Kings, a third was a Count and belonged to one of Swedens most prominent noble families, two of her aunts married future Kings, another aunt is Swedens only non-royal duchess... She has a lineage that's hard to beat even in the top royal circles these days.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Saturday, 15th November
King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel attend at the service in memory of princess Kristine Bernadotte at the Drottningholm Palace Chapel followed by the funeral at the Royal Cemetary at Haga.
H.M. Konung Carl XVI Gustaf - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Their Majesties The King and Queen will attend the Service in memory of Her Highness Princess Kristine Bernadotte in Drottningsholm Chapel followed by the funeral at the Royal Cemetery at Haga, Stockholm. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess, and Her Highness Princess Märtha Louise and Mr Ari Behn will also be in attendance.
The Royal House of Norway - Official engagements

Last edited:
Nobody from Belgium, I believe, since on that day the Royal Family will be busy with the King's Feast.
As for Luxembourg, nothing has been announced officially.

It's is very nice that the whole NRF came for the funeral.

Of course only pictures of the royals and no picture of Countess Madeleine and her Children of both weddings.

Sad, only one picture of Countess Madeleine , no pictures of her Chuldren who were Countess Christine close relatives. But plenty of the King and the Queen of Sweden and Norway and their Heirs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course only pictures of the royals and no picture of Countess Madeleine and her Children of both weddings.

I was thinking the same thing. Odd but no surprise in these celebrity crazy days.

I do wonder how much Countess Madeleine Bernadotte has been deliberately ignored by Swedish and Norwegian photographers or how much they simply have no clue about who that lady is. And the same goes even more about her children.

I agree 100 % with you , She is Cousin of 2 Kings : King Harald and King Albert II !

I'm sure you're right MAfan about the reporters having no clue about who Madeleine Kogevinas is but still if I was a reporter I'd at least prepare myself before going on an assignment. Just five minutes on Wikipedia in the car taking them to Drottningholm would've given them enough of information about her to fill a few pages in the paper.

I'm sure you're right MAfan about the reporters having no clue about who Madeleine Kogevinas is but still if I was a reporter I'd at least prepare myself before going on an assignment. Just five minutes on Wikipedia in the car taking them to Drottningholm would've given them enough of information about her to fill a few pages in the paper.

I think that there weren't any reporters at Drottningholm, the reporters wrote their articles when they had got the photos. And it was a private funeral, so probably the photographers were told to take photos mostly of the members of the royal family. And I'm quite sure that the photographers didn't recognize Madeleine Kogevinas.

:previous: I think the entire funeral was planned as private but, with that many royals moving in the same direction the media who track these things followed and went for long lenses. They got a few good ones of the male royals, pretty useless ones of the female royals and in their ignorance, were unable to identify any other people and so didn't take them or they were unnamed in a royal shot. To me that really indicates a deliberate intent for the immediate family of Madeleine Kogevinas to keep the funeral entirely private. Judging by the shakey long distance photos throught the trees, the media were unable to get any decent shots of the actual graveside interrment.

I think she and her family had managed to keep their private lives private. It is amazing, judging from her royal extended family, that she succeeded in maintaining such a private, non-royal life because, regardless of family weddings and funerals, she obviously succeeded in keeping her family totally sheilded from the media. She must have been an impressive and determined woman.

What was Kristine's title was she Her Highness Princess Kristine Bernadotte?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom