Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can picture Carl Philip and Sofia getting married, but not within the next few months - preferably around Autumn this year, with a wedding sometime next year or in the early months of 2016.

Sorry, I meant to say "if they want to get married."

Since when does *love* require a marriage license? And getting married doesn't mean that it (the marriage) is going to last or even work..............being that there is much controversy in SH's life, maybe they should wait 7/8 years like Daniel had to do. Now if anybody has made a perfect fit for himself in a royal family, it's Daniel. She is going to have some trouble polishing her image, yet it they do get married , I will wish them the best.

If they love each other and want to get married, they should get married. If they don't want to get married or want to wait a little longer before getting engaged that's fine, too.
(well, what a totally useless post haha:lol:)

Bunte knows as much as we do about this matter. Many of their articles are based on whatever they read on royalty forums/blogs and on the foreign gutter press. Sometimes they even copy mistakes too. And the Swedish press just makes most things up. For Sofia they have the tactic to try to echo Hans Christian Andersen and make up fairy tales. Madeleine these days gets the role of wicked witch. Staying truthful is not one of their primary concerns though. In the end they don't know a thing, but if you predict an engagement for 3 years (going on), you are bound to be right at one point.

Last edited:
Bunte knows as much as we do about this matter. Many of their articles are based on whatever they read on royalty forums/blogs and on the foreign gutter press. Sometimes they even copy mistakes too. And the Swedish press just makes most things up. For Sofia they have the tactic to try to echo Hans Christian Andersen and make up fairy tales. Madeleine these days gets the role of wicked witch. Staying truthful is not one of their primary concerns though. In the end they don't know a thing, but if you predict an engagement for 3 years (going on), you are bound to be right at one point.

Right, Bunte copies the articles in Svensk Damtidining, Expressen, Aftonbladet and the worst gossip magazines Hänt Extra and Se & Hör. In the latest article they quote Kjell Arne Totland, who said many months ago that Carl Philip and Sofia may be secrectly engaged.

Article in Expressen about the life after Paradise Hotel of some people, mostly about Sofia.
Camilla Sundman and Sofia became a partyduo who broke from the Stureplan inside bars to the hippest places in New York. They lived together in Manhattan for three years - where Sofia was working as a yoga instructor. Friends worked as models and waitresses while partied.
Today, Sofia and Camilla have constant contact - even if they are often in different parts of the world.
- I have been living in the Philippines with my family for over a year, running my fashion company CS Fashion. And she travels the lot itself so we hear on emails and meet when we're in Sweden, says Camilla.
The relatively newly established fashion company is a dream come true for Camilla. Now she hopes to get some help from her friend who is photographed extensively.
- I have provided Sofia with some of my dresses.
Så lever de efter Paradise Hotel Extra Expressen Kändisar Hänt i Veckan Skvaller
Translation

Camilla and Sofia during their party years
http://cdn.stureplan.se/legacy/articles/977/images/article_image_57e3ad64aede7814.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid to say it but I think that if they do get married that Sophia will be constantly vilified by the press .She will become the Sarah Ferguson of sweden. That is not to say that Sarah hasn't brought on much of the criticism but in the early years of her marriage she could do no right compared to Diana..The press always love a negative story and I feel she will fill that role for them.If I was Carl and I really wanted to marry her I would move away from Sweden to shield her from what the press is likely to do to her.

Since we do NOT have an official announcement so far I would say that's just pure speculation. We just have to wait and see.

Won't know until there's a palace announcement. The media has been speculating for some time now.

Until the court gives an official press release about the engagement, everything is speculation. The swedish and international press have been sure for the last two years that soon Carl Philip and Sofia will get engaged but it hasn't happened.

marlene said:
I'm afraid to say it but I think that if they do get married that Sophia will be constantly vilified by the press .She will become the Sarah Ferguson of sweden. That is not to say that Sarah hasn't brought on much of the criticism but in the early years of her marriage she could do no right compared to Diana..The press always love a negative story and I feel she will fill that role for them.If I was Carl and I really wanted to marry her I would move away from Sweden to shield her from what the press is likely to do to her.

I believe Madeleine has that role already. Instead, Sofia is praised excessively and portrayed as a successor of the Blessed Teresa of Calcutta.

Last edited:
I believe Madeleine has that role already. Instead, Sofia is praised excessively an portrayed as a successor of the Blessed Teresa of Calcutta.

I don't think anyone has praised Sofia Hellqvist in that kind of manner.

I believe Madeleine has that role already. Instead, Sofia is praised excessively and portrayed as a successor of the Blessed Teresa of Calcutta.

Agreed. Madeleine gets all the negative press - she has of course herself caused the most of it. But Sofia is always praised, perhaps until if they ever get engaged. I have a feeling that a part of the press is waiting for that day.

Last edited:

Thank god the press is less "brutal" in Sweden than in the UK.
And yes, they already brought all gossip on her past again and again, so there is no more "news" to write today than her charity.... and she is not wearing such offensive clothes either any more.

So yes, for sure in the beginning this will happen. Then it depends very much on Sophia, how "good" she will fulfill her new role. If she is behaving like Sarah, then she will become the bad girl as well.
But then it is her fault.

BYe Bine

Stoppa pressarna quotes Svensk Damtidning's article.
Carl Philip and Sofia have decided to move to Villa Solbacken which Carl Philip inherited from Prince Bertil. The 250-square meters house is now emptied and a large renovation will be done. The decision can be seen as a sign that Carl Philip and Sofia want to live together in the future too. A source told to Svensk Damtidning that they will not move before the wedding.
Carl Philip och Sofia Hellqvist flyttar till Villa Solbacken | Stoppa Pressarna

Thoughts on Sofia's wedding tiara?

Honestly, I would love to see the Laurel Wreath, or the Cameo, as I think they are both stunning! Cameos are my favorite, and we know that it isn't 100% for queens, and future queens, as it was worn by one of the kings sisters.

Maybe the laurel wreath of Princess Lilian is a long stretch, but perhaps Victoria will lend it out!

Thoughts?

I know they are not officially engaged yet, but it looks like it is inevitable... So I am excited for another royal wedding in Sweden...

She will be a beautiful bride for sure!

Cameo Tiara for Sofia - never! Madeleine didn't wear it, so Sofia shouldn't wear it either. And Laurel Wreath is Victoria's tiara now, and I certainly hope that Victoria will not loan it to Sofia. Laurel Wreath has belonged to three lovely ladies, crown princess Margaretha, princess Lilian and now crown princess Victoria. Sofia isn't at the same category at all. If they never get married, I would hope that Sofia wears no tiara, just a diamond necklace put to her hair. But if she insists to have a tiara, either of the button tiaras would be fine.

Last edited:

Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist were seen leaving a theatre in Stockholm, yesterday, January 29:

** Pic ** lehtikuva.fi gallery **

I am always having a laugh when I see these two in recent times, CP looks like a sad and bored clochard, and then Sofia with her celebrity attitude.
I dont see them married soon at all, but I am sure she will hang there until the bitter end (marriage or split).

Cameo Tiara for Sofia - never! Madeleine didn't wear it, so Sofia shouldn't wear it either. And Laurel Wreath is Victoria's tiara now, and I certainly hope that Victoria will not loan it to Sofia. Laurel Wreath has belonged to three lovely ladies, crown princess Margaretha, princess Lilian and now crown princess Victoria. Sofia isn't at the same category at all. If they never get married, I would hope that Sofia wears no tiara, just a diamond necklace put to her hair. But if she insists to have a tiara, either of the button tiaras would be fine.
I agree 100%!!And the diamond necklace on her head made me laugh :lol:

She's very beautiful but I don't like her very much obviuosly I wish them happiness :D,he really look a bit sad in the last photos.....or maybe he was just annoyed.

I don't think he looks sad either, but she's smiling and how dare she do such a thing.

I don't think he looks sad either, but she's smiling and how dare she do such a thing.

Oh, I know! Smiling in public! And she's even got hold of his hand! The brazen little hussy! :ROFLMAO:

What I see there is a couple out together and probably having a private joke between them. In one of those pics CP has the hint of a mischievous little smile on his face. I'd like to see the previous and following frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom