King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Silvia and King Carl XVI Gustaf attended a Christmas concert at the
Hedvig Eleonora Church in Stockholm yesterday, December 19, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

She looks really good in the picture.

Wow, indeed. Lousy, overdone Photoshop. Silvia is a beautiful woman, she doesn't need to be airbushed unrecognizable to appear younger like this.

The picture looks so photoshopped! Silvia is beautiful with her wrinkles, they shouldn't of airbrushed it like that, I'm surprised she allowed it!!

Tomorrow 12.40 in swedish radio P1 the king is giving his annual christmas speach.

You can hear it at SR.se and then click on P1 and your machine is compatible with the SR mechanics. OR, if that dont work go to radiotime.com and search sveriges radio P1

On which place spend the royal couple the holiday?

Victoria and Daniel are in Italy, Carl Philip in Storlien....

BBC News - Swedes 'want king to abdicate' in favour of daughter

It is less than a year since her marriage in a fairytale setting in Stockholm, and now it seems Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria has replaced her father in the people's affections.
An opinion poll for a leading Swedish newspaper suggests nearly two thirds of the country want the King, Carl Gustaf the Sixteenth, to abdicate.

the video clip has some nice if short footage from Victoria and Daniel's wedding.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks LadyFinn! Yes, these two pics are from yesterday! :flowers:

Finally we see this beautiful dress (from state visit Brasil last year) wearing by the queen.

Here one more pic: http://sfimg.no.publicus.com/apps/p...1229954&Ref=AR&Profile=1008&MaxW=640&MaxH=480

I'm sure that you are correct that this gown is from the Brazil visit. But did it have the black flowers applied to the skirt then? I don't really care for them that much, but I think it is a nice way to re-use a gown without wearing the same thing.

It's indeed the same deep purple dress as seen during the state visit to Brazil, and it already had the lace flower applications back then.
The bolero jacket was added, and I believe that the train flaring from the side which the dress had in Brazil was removed from the skirt.

But is has been a different one, in Brazil it was a bolero in the style of the gown.
Brazil
It's a beautiful dress, Queen Silvia looks stunning!

Beautiful purple grown. Very deep purple color.

Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf at the ceremonial gathering and bicentenary of the Stora Amaranther Order in Malmo. January 22, 2011

PPE Agency Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom