King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 7: Sept 2008 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Her_Majesty

Moderator Emeritus
City
Munich
Country
Germany
sverige.jpg

Welcome to the 13th thread for King Carl XVI Gustav and Queen Silvia of Sweden' current events.

The previous thread can be found here.
Please post current news and pictures of King Carl XVI Gustav and Queen Silvia in this thread.

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.

Some photos of Queen Silvia in Passau
Daylife

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit disrespectful that they kept refering to the king as "Gustaf" in those articles...

Oh, yes, I found that awkward too!

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2008 Marcus Wallenberg Prize winners Mr. Christer Eckerman and professor Bjarne Holmbom, Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland, with king Carl Gustaf and Mr. Marcus Wallenberg, the chairman of the Marcus Wallenberg Foundation.
The Marcus Wallerberg Prize

The Queen looks very tired to me. :ermm: Is she well? Maybe she's just tired from the visit to Ukraine...

The Queen looks very tired to me. :ermm: Is she well? Maybe she's just tired from the visit to Ukraine...

Truly it is the first time she actually looks aged. In a previous photo with the children in the red suit she looked lovely. These photos make her look much older. Perhaps as you said she was tired.

Yesterday evening the royal couple attend a concert in concert-hall in Göteborg, no pics?

I haven't found pics from yesterday evenong, too. But here is an article about the activities of the royal couple today!

Kungen lunchade i Kortedala - Gýteborg - Göteborgs-Posten

Truly it is the first time she actually looks aged. In a previous photo with the children in the red suit she looked lovely. These photos make her look much older. Perhaps as you said she was tired.

IMO it is okay if she looks aged! Don't forget that she will turn 65 in december.
And I think there were moments when she looked much much older.

I think it is strange that there are no pictures from yesterday evening!

hahahahahahahaha

Thanks for this unice photo. were did you find it??
the blue plastic-overalls are the best!

Silvia❦CarlGustaf;835374 said:
I haven't found pics from yesterday evenong, too. But here is an article about the activities of the royal couple today!

Kungen lunchade i Kortedala - Gýteborg - Göteborgs-Posten

IMO it is okay if she looks aged! Don't forget that she will turn 65 in december.
And I think there were moments when she looked much much older.

I know and I wish I look as good as she does when I turn 65 but in my mind she will always be that gorgeous girl who burst on the scene in 1975.....Boy oh boy we are all getting old (er).........But all of a sudden she looks it.

Busy time in the last few days for the swedish royals! The king on a hunt together with Prince Carl Phillip, the Queen in Germany and than a opening of a new impaired hearing rehab ward at the Rosenlunds Hospital and Victoria on official visit to India!
Fortunately there a many pictures of there activities. Not like in the past few month. I always hoped that sometime we will see as many pictures as of the other royal families, like the danish or the spanish. Maybe it will change now and we will see more pictures of the swedish royals, but i do not believe it.

Anyway....

Here are some pictures of the Queen today:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

And here are pictures of the King:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

There must be something wrong with my computer. I could only see the first picture of the Queen. The rest did not open up for me.

There must be something wrong with my computer. I could only see the first picture of the Queen. The rest did not open up for me.

mhm...

maybe this link will work:

ANP Beeldbank

I think in these photos you can also see that the Queen has aged a lot in the last few month. But, as I said before, it doesn't matter! She will turn 65 in december and so it's okay that she shows her age. I would be happy, if i look like her with 65.

I wouldn't say she has aged a lot in the past few months - it's just that the effects of whatever surgery/injections she had done in Brazil exactly one year ago have subsided, as they tend to.
We'll see if she will decide to get another 'touch-up' this fall before the Nobel ceremony.

I don't know how long it tooks to recover after a "tuoch-up" but she will be in Brazil at the end of November, according to royalcourt.se. I do not hope that she will do it again, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom