King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 7: Sept 2008 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot everyone for the links to articles and pictures from this visit!
Queen Silvia wore quite a luxurious new evening jacket for the dinner at night. A design by Carolina Herrera, from her Fall '09 collection.

Thanks Boris for this information. Is this the same jacket as the queen wear by Jullunch "Deutscher Damenclub" 15th December 2008 without fur?

Thanks a lot everyone for the links to articles and pictures from this visit!
Queen Silvia wore quite a luxurious new evening jacket for the dinner at night. A design by Carolina Herrera, from her Fall '09 collection.

Very sharp eye, ursulajohanna... I think it's most likely the same jacket - if only the fox fur collar was added, it would be easier to say though. With the cuffs in fur as well, it could also be the winter version of the same design.
Carolina Herrera is well known for her use of real fur.

Last edited:
suedkurier.de | Königin Silvia kommt auf die Mainau

Queen Silvia is expected to visit the flower island Mainau in May 2009. This has been confirmed by a representative of the Mainau-management.

However, it is unknown whether she will participate in the marriage celebrations of Count Björn, which will take place May 8, 2009. Also it is unknown whether she will be accompanied by one of her children.

Thanks a lot LadyFinn.
Quite intersting and different from all those rumours.
What a terrible photo of her. Something between Joker and frog. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

Oh, please... The 'joker' joke on Queen Silvia is so ancient and lame, apart from being unnecessary. :nonono:
Thank you LadyFinn for posting the link here. The article is quite interesting, rather like a portrait, and I like how Queen Silvia's humor comes across - obviously quite dry and self-ironic, too. Nice.

On March 31st, at 2:00 PM, the Queen of Sweden will publicly support the project SpreadtheSign - an international dictionary of sign languages. The ceremony will be held in Stockholm, by the Sweedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, with the aim of presenting the website of the dictionary and raise support for the continuation of the project.

http://www.spreadthesign.com/

Queen Silvia yesterday at the inauguration of a translation toole on the web for sign language, Spread the Sign.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia today during the inauguration of the Swedish America Centre in the city of Karlstad.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attended a chemistry lecture at the Children’s University at the University of Karlstad
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
nwt.se - Följ kungaparets besök i Karlstad på nwt.se

Pics 31.3.+1.4.2009

Queen Silvia of Sweden at the inauguration of a translation toole
on the web for sign language, Spread the Sign, Stockholm, March
31, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia are seen during the inauguration
of the Swedish America Centre in the city of Karlstad, Sweden,
April 1, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf attended a chemistry lecture at
the Children’s University at the University of Karlstad, Sweden,
April 1, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Where does the royal couple spend the easter holiday?

I am missing the 80er/90er years - on this times the royal family made official pressmeetings on the holidays, most in the holiday-house in Storlien.

On Friday, 24th April
King Carl Gustaf handed out the Anders Retzius Medal to professor Allen J Scott from UCLA, and the Johan August Wahlberg Medal to professor Anne Buttimer, University College Dublin.
Video:
SVT

Seems to be quiet busy days for the Queen. London on wednesday, Vienna today and on friday evening Lake Constance. We didn't see pictures from London and Vienna, but I think we will see pics from tomorrow. The Queen will attend the gala dinner for the wedding of Count Björn Bernadotte. Crown Princess Victoria will attend the wedding today. There will be a offical photo.

Queen Silvia also gave a interview in the last few days. I can't get the content of the interview, but here is the link:
”Inte bara kroppen behöver vård” | Inrikes | SvD

Last edited by a moderator:
The interview Queen Silvia gave is about the importance of palliative care, special health care for the chronically ill, old infirm people and the dying. She spoke about her own experiences with it when her brother was dying from cancer and announced that she intends to broaden her commitment to the issue.
Queen Silvia will be the main speaker at The European Congress for Palliative Care in Vienna today.

Regarding the events on Mainau: Queen Silvia attends the 100th birthday celebration concert for Count Lennart Bernadotte tomorrow, not the wedding of Count Bjoern.
Crown Princess Victoria didn't attend the wedding either, but will be present at the wedding ball tonight.

The strangest thing is that there haven't been any photos at all from the London Mentor gala at Whitehall...?

Regarding the events on Mainau: Queen Silvia attends the 100th birthday celebration concert for Count Lennart Bernadotte tomorrow, not the wedding of Count Bjoern.
Crown Princess Victoria didn't attend the wedding either, but will be present at the wedding ball tonight.

Oh.... I did understand that there is a ball for the wedding. But, indeed, Count Lennart has his 100th birthday tomorrow. I this, because the King was on Mainau to congratulate him to his 70th birthday when Carl Phillip was born. And I have just forgotten to say that CP Victoria will attend the wedding this evening. SORRY.........

Pics 11.5.2009

Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf (L) smiles after he hands over the
Crafoord Prize in Polyarthritis to Charles A Dinarello (2nd L) of
University of Colorado, US, Tadamitsu Kishimoto (3rd L) of Osaka
University, Japan and Toshio Hiran (R) of Osaka University, Japan,
at the Swedish Royal Academy of Sciences on May 11, 2009 in
Stockholm.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Iceflower, thanks for the information and pics.

But it's pity for us to see no pictures of the queen. It's right - the king celebrated the price-ceremony, but the queen attend the event, too!

Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf (L) smiles after he hands over the
Crafoord Prize in Polyarthritis to Charles A Dinarello (2nd L) of
University of Colorado, US, Tadamitsu Kishimoto (3rd L) of Osaka
University, Japan and Toshio Hiran (R) of Osaka University, Japan,
at the Swedish Royal Academy of Sciences on May 11, 2009 in
Stockholm.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pics 14.5.2009

You are most welcome, Ursulajohanna :flowers: and indeed, that's
a pity, pics of her at that event would have been great as well, I
wasn't able to find any...

Sweden's King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia went on a boat tour
on board MS Kind during their visit to the Province of Ostergotland
May 14, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Last edited:
On this special day for us here in Gemany ( 60th birthday of our republic and our constitution and of course the election of our president! Horst Köhler was reelected:clap:) there was also a royal wedding. Hubertus Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha has married Kelly Rondestvedt today. King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attend the event. King Carl Gustaf is a cousin of the grooms father. So in the last few weeks it was speculated if the attend the wedding. The guestlist was secret until today and so it was a surprise that they came to Germany today.

Here are two photos from their arrival(source ANP):
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
You can find the same pics at belga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom