King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 6: Oct 2007 - Sept 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the bride a sister of Amelie Middelschulte, who was a flower girl at Queen Silvia's wedding to King Carl Gustaf?

Oh my God -Silvia seems to have been lifted!!!:eek:

Is the bride a sister of Amelie Middelschulte, who was a flower girl at Queen Silvia's wedding to King Carl Gustaf?

Yes, the daughter of Beate middelschulte was a flower girl at the wedding of Queen Silvia and King carl Gustaf! I think the name of this girl is Annika and not Amelie, but may I'm wrong.
Does someone know it exactly??

The brides name was Annika, but I'm pretty sure the flower girl from Silvias wedding was called Amelie, which is also one of Princess Madeleine's middle names. I thought maybe this friend of the Queen has more children? The article didn't state anything about brothers and sisters of the bride.
My mother has a book about Queen Silvia from the early eighties with several pictures of the wedding, and this flower girl is called Amelie several times in the text. I've always wondered who she is, since the other children are all nephews and nieces of the King and Queen, but now I might have an answer!!

The brides name was Annika, but I'm pretty sure the flower girl from Silvias wedding was called Amelie, which is also one of Princess Madeleine's middle names. I thought maybe this friend of the Queen has more children? The article didn't state anything about brothers and sisters of the bride.
My mother has a book about Queen Silvia from the early eighties with several pictures of the wedding, and this flower girl is called Amelie several times in the text. I've always wondered who she is, since the other children are all nephews and nieces of the King and Queen, but now I might have an answer!!

You are right! I've mixed it up with the name of the bride!:ROFLMAO:
there are more photos of these event from International Press Agency(IPA), but I can't find them! Has someone found any other photos of the wedding?

Pics 23.1.2008

STOCKHOLM 2008-01-23. Today a presentation of scholarships
from the Queen Silvia Jubilee Fund for research on children and
handicaps was held at the Royal Palace, Stockholm.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Pics 5.2.2008

Queen Silvia of Sweden inaugurated a new school, the Bromma
Gymasium, in Stockholm, Sweden, February 5, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Pics 15.2.2008

Why don't we see pictures of the last official events from the queen?

1. "Inspirationsday Silviahemmet" in Folketshus (only info/little pic by royalcourt) 14th February
2. charity gala "Johanniterorden" Grand Hotel 14th February
3. opening new "Demenzcenter" Stockholm - 15th February

Here are some pics of the opening of the dementia center on Friday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Iceflower, thanks for posting the lovely pictures of opening the dementia center on friday. The queen looks beautiful!

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf was at the cross country World Cup Royal Palace Sprint in Stockholm yesterday. Here Japan's Madoka Natsumi gets flowers from the the king after taking the third position during the competition, Finland´s Virpi Kuitunen won and Petra Majdic from Slovenia was second.
ANP Beeldbank

Are there no pictures from the Queen in Las Vegas?

Silvia in Las Vegas

Getty Images has a series of pictures showing Queen Silvia in Las Vegas, attending the 70th anniversary of the Carlson's Group.
The Queen is wearing the red dress she wore to the Nobel festivities last year.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Thank you Susanne for the link to the beautiful pictures of the queen. :flowers:

It's pitty for us to see no pics of arrival the queen in Las Vegas! :ermm:

Getty Images has a series of pictures showing Queen Silvia in Las Vegas, attending the 70th anniversary of the Carlson's Group.
The Queen is wearing the red dress she wore to the Nobel festivities last year.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Queen Silvia met the first group of "Heroes of Sharaf" at the Royal Palace in Stockholm Tuesday March 4 2008. "Heroes of Sharaf" is a group of young people working against patriarchal culture.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

King Carl Gustaf met today Speaker of the Latvian parliament, Gundars Daudze, at the Royal Palace in Stockholm.
ANP Beeldbank

Yesterday, the king and queen attend the Gala "Kungl. Vetenskapsakademiens, Kungl Musikaliska Akademien". Here Info:

www.kva.se

But no pics!?

Last edited:
Queen Silvia of Sweden inaugurated the exhibition "Blue & White" the world´s finest blue-and-white Chinese porcelain at the Mediterranean Museum in Stockholm April 11, 2008. The exhibition has been made possible through a unique loan from the Topkapi Palace Museum and the Museum of Turkish and Islamic Arts in Istanbul
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Queen Silvia delivers The World´s Childrens Prize for the Rights of the Child to Josefina Condori (third from left) of Peru during an prize ceremony at Gripsholm Castle in Mariefred outside Stockholm April 18, 2008. Josefina Condori, who for 15 years has fought for girls working as maids in the city of Cusco in Peru, often in slave-like conditions. She became a maid herself at the age of seven and was separated from her family.
ANP Beeldbank
Queen Silvia delivers The World´s Childrens Prize for the Rights of the Child to Somaly Mam of Cambodia. Somaly Mam who for 12 years has fought to save girls who are sold as slaves to brothels. Somaly was herself a sex slave as a child. Her struggle has earned her many enemies and death threats. Her own 14 year-old daughter was kidnapped, raped and sold to a brothel.
ANP Beeldbank
Queen Silvia delivers The World´s Childrens Prize for the Rights of the Child to Agnes Stevens, who has fought for homeless children in the USA for 20 years. There are one million homeless children in the USA. Agnes runs School on Wheels for thousands of homeless children, with the help of hundreds of volunteer teachers.
ANP Beeldbank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom