King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 5: July 2006 - Oct 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On 8th December 2006 was the Nobel concert in Concert house in Stockholm with attend the queen.

Who can give link to pictures of this event?

Last edited:
The Queen of Sweden is still a very beautiful women!....which she has passed on to her equally beautiful daughters

Do you know - where spent the king and queen there new year holiday???

No official information about the place?

Jolanta Kwasniewska, wife of the former Polish president; U.S. First Lady Laura Bush; Suzanne Mubarak, wife of the Egyptian president; Queen Silvia of Sweden; Bernadette Chirac, wife of the French president; Belgium Queen Paola; Liudmila Putin, wife of the Russian presiden; Margarida Sousa Uva-Barroso, wife of the European commissioner and St Petersburg Governor Valentina Matvienko pose for a family picture at the Elysee Palace in Paris, Wednesday 17 January 2007. The female VIPs formed a committee for the defense of lost or exploited children

from anp

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=4536197&pos=8
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=2&ShowPicture=4535350&pos=12http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=2&ShowPicture=4536381&pos=14
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=2&ShowPicture=4536289&pos=15
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=2&ShowPicture=4536488&pos=16

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you fanletizia for posting the pics... it's fun to see those ladies in a row, all of them in different stages of fighting the wind ruining their hairdos!
Thanks to Tartucat as`well - so Queen Silvia's green & white dress made its regular monthly appearance at the Sportsgala... I just hope NOT to see it again anytime soon, by now it has been recycled to death, really...
BTW: Tomorrow, Jan. 18th, is the first of the annual New Year's galas at Stockholm Palace, attended by the King, Queen, and Crown Princess...

Silvia seems to choose colors that make her stand out from other ladies attending events- even in the lineup of VIPs for the defense of lost or exploited children, where she was one of many important figures!

Pics 21.02.2007

HM King Carl XVI Gustav of Sweden visited Lycksele in the north of Sweden to inform himself about the troubled situation for the reindeer pasture. He talked to reindeer owners and people from the Same community - 21.02.2007

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

The king and queen are this and next week in holiday!

Do you know or listen in articles/magazine where the royal couple spent there holiday?

ursulajohanna said:
The king and queen are this and next week in holiday!

Do you know or listen in articles/magazine where the royal couple spent there holiday?
Svensk Damtidning writes in this weeks paper that they went to Brazil to spend time with Silvias family

Holiday

Yennie said:
Svensk Damtidning writes in this weeks paper that they went to Brazil to spend time with Silvias family
That's great! Thank you very much, Yennie, for this information. Hope they have a good time in the Brazilian sun.

Yennie, thanks for the information! I hope the king and queen has a good time with family and friends in Brasil.

Yennie said:

I'm very happy to hear the news that the King and the Queen of Sweden are to visit Japan tomorrow. Fortunately, it is a season of cherry blossoms, not typhoons. I hope they will surely enjoy their stay in Japan.:flowers:

Who can tell, where spend the royal couple her easter-holiday?

Are the king and queen in Storlien or in the sun?

fanletizia, thanks for posting the lovely pictures. It is nice to see the royal couple together by a ceremony!

Yesterday the queen was attend by 20years celebration ParkinsonFörbundet at Nalen/Stockholm. Here a link to Video of the event:

http://pf.clubonweb.com/pub/4371/Default.aspx?NewsId=883

Unfortunately I don't find pictures of the celebration! Who have seen picture of the event/queen!

Thank you!

ursulajohanna said:
fanletizia, thanks for posting the lovely pictures. It is nice to see the royal couple together by a ceremony!
Yesterday the queen was attend by 20years celebration ParkinsonFörbundet at Nalen/Stockholm. Here a link to Video of the event:
http://pf.clubonweb.com/pub/4371/Default.aspx?NewsId=883
Thank you very much, ursulajohanna, for the link to the video of the Queen yesterday in Nalen. :flowers: Great to see. Unfortunately I am not able to make some screenshots of Queen Silvia. :wacko:

The King & Queen opened an exhibition in the Swedish city of Mora today, Friday 13th - link to pics from anp:

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

I wish Queen Silvia would get over her fondness of wearing different shades of grey, the one color that doesn't really suit her, IMHO...
Originally I was looking for some pics of last night's gala dinner at the Palace, the third and last of the annual 'Representationsmiddagen'. According to Court's website, the King, Queen, and Princesses Lilian and Christina were present. Has anybody else found pics?

fanletizia, thanks for the links of the pictures of yesterday!

At message royalcourt "Varen 2007" was this information:
April 18th-19thMiddag och styrelsesammanträde i Mentor Foundation, Kuwait – the queen

Was this event/meeting canceled?

According to the Court calendar, Queen Silvia attends a meeting of her 'Silviahemmet' charity at Drottningholm Palace on April 18th, so it seems that the Kuweit Mentor gala has indeed been cancelled. Wouldn't be the first time that the Court's website gets it wrong, although it has vastly improved.
Thank you SusanneSNS for posting the link to the gala dinner pics - it's an 'old' dress but nice, the only pity being that the Queen completely covers the embroidered top of the dress with her stole.
BTW: It's great to see that the IBL pics can be enlarged again by now, I hadn't noticed it before.

Crafoord Prize Ceremony, 26.04.2007

Today Queen Silvia awarded the Crafoord Prize in Geosciences of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences in Lund Cathedral.
Here a link to pictures of this event:
Press photos

Beautiful pictures Thanks you enjoy us !! Silvia is a charming lady !!

It is Queen Silvia is beautiful dress!!! Queen is perceft older age his dress.

great photo's of Queen Silvia!

do you think the Swedish royal couple will published new family photo's on the kings birthday

Even on the kings birthday they are taken new photos of the family. But this year is Prince Carl Philip not there, I think he is in USA. We will see new photos on the king and queen with Princesses Victoria and Madeleine!

royalgertjan said:
great photo's of Queen Silvia!

do you think the Swedish royal couple will published new family photo's on the kings birthday

Thank you, ursulajohanna - seegerpress seems to be always reliable when it comes to Royal events in Germany. The Queen certainly looks relaxed & happy too - another two days of charity work & being honored for it too.
I am wondering about that rather unusual large brooch the Queen is wearing; she wore it in Lund too - but upside-down! At first sight I thought those were real flowers, but now I realize it's a whole new piece of jewelry: Golden stems, diamond flowers, and green (enamel?) leaves. Maybe she was presented with it in Kuweit...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom