King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 3: April - October 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! :eek: you can´t be scared of height there! I would not feel comfertable at that position.

attachment.php

Queen of Sweden Silvia, center, Lithuanian President Valdas Adamkus and his wife Alma Adamkiene pose for photographers before their meeting in the President palace in Vilnius, Lithuania, Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2005.
Pictures from Polfoto:

Attachments

• AP407914.jpg
    AP407914.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 253
  • AP407926.jpg
    AP407926.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 343
Yesterday (6th October) was the 100 jubilee celebrations of The Federation of Private Enterprises at City Hall, Stockholm. Was this a Gala at the evening or celebration in the afternoon?
I hope, we will see pictures from the event.

Yesterday, 6 October, the King attended the World Wildlife Fund’s Annual Meeting at the Swedish Museum of Natural History in Stockholm, and during that he awarded their award “The Panda Book of the Year” (which went to the authors of a book about birds). The picture is from Sydsvenskan (nr 1).

And today, the King awarded the "King Carl XVI Gustaf's Prize to the Constructor/Builder of the Year. The picture is from the Royal Court's website (nr 2).
[font=&quot][/font]

Attachments

• Årets Pandabok 6 okt 2005, Naturhistoriska.jpg
    Årets Pandabok 6 okt 2005, Naturhistoriska.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 813
  • Årets Nybyggare 2005 7 oktober 2005.jpg
    Årets Nybyggare 2005 7 oktober 2005.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 791
Last edited:
Hello friends in Sweden,
Here a tip: From today (8th October) till 26th October 2005 you can see pictures from visit Värmdö (7th September) at Runda house in Gustavsberg!

Kings of Sweden very affected at a friend's funeral

Kings of Sweden were seen very affected at the funeral of Charlotte Klingspor who died aged 55 victim of a cancer. Charlotte was King Carl Gustaf fiancé before he met Queen Silvia who became close friend to Charlotte.

(photo and news from Hola magazine)

Wish you all a great weekend! :)

Regards,

mtbcm

Yesterday, 7 October, the King and Queen attended the funeral of one of their best friends - Baroness Charlotte Klingspor Rosenörn-Lehn (who died from liver cancer recently). The funeral took place in Tåssjö Church near the family estate Rössjöholm Manor in Skåne County. The pictures are a choice of those from Isifa.

Picture 5 is of the King's sister Princess Désirée and her husband Baron Niclas Silfverschiöld, picture 8 is of the mourning husband Baron Fritz Rosenörn-Lehn and the mourning mother of Charlotte, and picture 9 shows Queen Silvia together with the Mistress of the Robes, Countess Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister.

Attachments

• is_11263168.jpg
    is_11263168.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 299
  • is_11263169.jpg
    is_11263169.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 253
  • is_11263171.jpg
    is_11263171.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 303
  • is_11263174.jpg
    is_11263174.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 250
  • is_11263320.jpg
    is_11263320.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 408
  • is_11263324.jpg
    is_11263324.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 279
  • is_11263330.jpg
    is_11263330.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 873
  • is_11263335 C&F.jpg
    is_11263335 C&F.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 328
  • is_11264004 ATW&S.jpg
    is_11264004 ATW&S.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 968
Last edited:
Summary of an Expressen article today:

Taken by the sad moment and with tears in her eyes, the Queen arrived arm-in-arm with the King to the funeral of one of their closest friends yesterday, Friday 7 October. They arrived just before two in the afternoon, and took their seats in the church just before the family of the diseased did so. 250 people attended the funeral held in Tåssjö Church near the family’s estate Rössjöholm Manor in Skåne County, and among the other guests were the diseased Charlotte’s ex-husband, Austrian ex-alpine star Egon Zimmerman, and a large part of the nobility of Skåne.

The funeral was a musical one, the guests listened to evergreens like “Stardust” and “Body & soul” performed by Orsa Spelmän with Kalle Moraeus (a very popular Swedish group), and four of Benny Andersson’s beautiful Swedish compositions. Solist Karin Fridh also sang a part from the opera “Carmina Burana”.

- Charlotte loved to dance and wished for a funeral with light, said Kalle Moraeus.

- The music will put words to the emotions, said priest Henrik Grape, in a speech by the coffin.

The traditional Swedish psalm “Härlig är jorden” (“Glorious is the earth”) ended the 40 minutes long funeral.

The orginal & full article (in Swedish) can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I like seeing new photos of them, I think its a bit sad that there´s paparazzis waiting for them when they leaves the church. It was the same thing when they attended the funeral of Björn Kreuger, also a close family friend.

Must be hard to "put on a face" when one just have attened a funeral

Yennie said:
Even though I like seeing new photos of them, I think its a bit sad that there´s paparazzis waiting for them when they leaves the church. It was the same thing when they attended the funeral of Björn Kreuger, also a close family friend.

Must be hard to "put on a face" when one just have attened a funeral

I agree completely. I´m usually welcoming every Paparazzi-picture. But at funerals there´s a limit for me. And to be honest, I also wouldn´t mind, when there would be no media-covered state funerals for Royals (except they have expressed this wish in their testaments).

Closed

This thread has reached 10 pages, so it's time to close the shop. Thanks to all who have participated in this one, I hope to see you in the next thread about current events for the King and Queen of Sweden.

The new thread can be found here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom