King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 1: November 2002-June 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Yennie@Aug 10th, 2003 - 11:03 am
The article is about the way Queen Silvia dresses. The reporter thinks she dresses to "young" and that she should find some clothes suitable for her age.
And it also says that its against the protocol(?) to eat when wearing just a bathingsuit...
I couldn't read the article for myself as I don't read Swedish. And I've not ever heard of it being against protocol to eat while wearing "just" a bathing suit. (Better than eating naked, though, right?! :p )

And while I think Queen Silvia dresses appropriately 99.9% of the time, I think I have to go with the writer's opinion on this one about the Queen dressing a bit inappropriate for her age, espescially in the picture Yennie posted of her in the turqoise/blue top and white pants. Great outfit and wonderfully accessorized purse, but a Queen celebrating her 60th birthday in several months should be baring her mid-driff, I think. I mean, I think the Queen has a great body and she has taken very good care of herself, but this top was perhaps better left for Victoria or Madelline or Emma.

And I've not ever heard of it being against protocol to eat while wearing "just" a bathing suit
It is, atleat according to the article. And I think its right, in the "etiquettebook" (I have no idea what its called in english, but its a wild guess :p) its not appropiate to eat when wearing only a bathingsuit.
But I must agree with you, its better than nothing *lol*

Originally posted by Josefine@Aug 3rd, 2003 - 7:12 pm
Does anyone know if there is any state visit soon?
Lena said at Crown Princess News thread that there will be a state visit to Finland next week.....

I might be mistaken, but I believe President George Bush made a state visit to Sweden in summer 2001. Does anybody have pictures from this event or know where I can find some?

I am new to this site but have been interested in Scandinavian royalty for many years. I was visiting Norway in 1991 when Haakon turned 18. It was sure a big deal. Victoria, Madeleine, and Carl are not in the magazines I took home. The king and queen were there of course.

In 1988 the royal couple went to the states. They visited the president and cities like New York, Washington and Los Angeles. They also visit Disneyland (I remember a funny picture of them with Mickey and Minnie Mouse :p )
Were that just a visit and not a state visit? I think it had something to do with New Sweden celebrating a jublilee..??
Does anyone know for sure?

Originally posted by Yennie@Aug 20th, 2003 - 12:22 pm
In 1988 the royal couple went to the states. They visited the president and cities like New York, Washington and Los Angeles. They also visit Disneyland (I remember a funny picture of them with Mickey and Minnie Mouse :p )
Were that just a visit and not a state visit? I think it had something to do with New Sweden celebrating a jublilee..??
Does anyone know for sure?
I cant find any state visits to the US
at the court webbsite here is the link again

I checked the royal site and I couldn´t find anything either... maybe it was just a "visit"

Kungaparets okända avtal

NYHETER-05s06-avtal-89_368.jpg
NYHETER-05s06-avtal2-11_368.jpg
NYHETER-05s06-avtal3-23_368.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Polfoto 08-09-2003 Dronning Silvia indvier vokse-afdeling på Dronning Silvias børnesygehus / Sverige. Afdelingen er beregnet til børn hvis vækst er gået i stå. Gšteborg 20030908 Drottning Silva invigde pŒ mŒndagen VŠxthuset vid Drottning Silvias barnsjukhus sjukhus i Gšteborg. VŠxthuset Šr en avdelning fšr smŒvŠxta barn som nu med en ny teknik (SGA) "small for gestationnal age", kan bšrja vŠxa och fŒ en normal lŠngd i vuxen Œlder. Drottningen skulle knepa ihop tre stycken knopar fšr forskningen, nŠringslivet och kunskapen. Jonna var ett av barnen som fick šverlŠmna en bukett blommer och sedemera visa runt drottningen pŒ den nya nya avdelningen. Foto Bobbo Lauhage Kod 224 COPYRIGHT PRESSENS BILD

Attachments

• sylvia_1.jpg
    sylvia_1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 285
  • sylvia_2.jpg
    sylvia_2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 278
  • sylvia_3.jpg
    sylvia_3.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 256
  • syliva_4.jpg
    syliva_4.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 290
  • sylvia_5.jpg
    sylvia_5.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 289
  • sylvia_6.jpg
    sylvia_6.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 326
true... Silvia is a real queen =)

When does the King go hunting?

I thought it was the end of September the beginning of October. Does he go to the same area each time? and any pictures from previous expedition parties?

I know he goes hunting at Halle Hunneberg every year.. and sometimes at Tullgarn.
Swedish television filmed a hunt in 1995 and it was showed in the traditional "new years programme"

interesting article...
Madeleine är faktiskt en ganska blyg tjej. Hon kan ibland uppfattas som ganska kylig, men jag vet att det handlar bara om osäkerhet. Hon är trevlig och charmig
"Madeleine is actually quite shy. Some people might find her "cold" but I know thats just because she´s insecure. She´s very nice and charming"

I thought that was a palace?

.... I might be lucky to 10% of the meaning when picking my way through Swedish text.

Appreciate it when some-one goes the 'extra mile' to translate a clause that reveals the true side of a person of interest.

Thank you, Yennie.

Yes Tullgarn is a palace... with hunting grounds =)
Tullgarns Slott is close to the town of Trosa in Södermanland

Say Josefine,

I hear this couple has a beautiful black lab dog who doesn't give a hoot about getting into the middle of photo shoots. Where in this forum can I find such pictures?

Polfoto 21-09-2003 Den svenkse dronning Silvia holdt åbningstalen på den svenske del af den verdensomspændende Alzheimersdag på Folkets hus i Stockholm.

Attachments

• SW_ch072889_guest.jpg
    SW_ch072889_guest.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 269
Are there any old interviews? Like from 1976, 1980 and stuff? Maybe there are some on the internet and I just haven´t found them so far...?

I haven´t seen any online, but I have a few old magazines with from 1976-.. with interviews...

Polfoto 23-09-2003 TAS27: ST.PETERSBURG, RUSSIA. SEPTEMBER 23. Queen Silvia of Sweden © on her arrival in the museum complex Tsarskoye Selo was met by deputy director of the complex Viktor Rozov ®. Queen Silvia of Sweden is on a private visit connected with the social programs under the auspices of Her Majesty. (Photo ITAR-TASS / Sergei Smolsky)

Polfoto 23-09-2003 TAS26: ST.PETERSBURG, RUSSIA. SEPTEMBER 23. Queen Silvia of Sweden © in the Amber Room of the Grand Catherinian Palace of the museum complex Tsarskoye Selo accompanied by deputy director of the complex Viktor Rozov ®. (Photo ITAR-TASS / Sergei Smolsky)

Attachments

• sylv.jpg
    sylv.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 235
  • sylv_a.jpg
    sylv_a.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 262
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia in St. Tropez - 20031004
Swedish king Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia with friends on holidays in St. Tropez. Carl Gustaf and Silvia took a good time in the old part of the town, during the "Voiles de Saint Tropez" and had lunch with thier friends in one of the most famous restaurants in St. Maxime.
Photo: MaxPPP

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,063
Queen Silvia in the royal palace.

Queen Silvia in the royal palace, picture two.

Attachments

• sylvia_1.jpg
    sylvia_1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 633
  • sylvia_2.jpg
    sylvia_2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 319
Alexandria 
Posted: Oct 5th, 2003 - 8:01 pm

Queen Silvia in the royal palace.

Alexandria,
what year was this picture taken?

it certainly looks like the Queen has lost at least 10 if not 20 years overnight.

KC

Originally posted by King Christian@Oct 6th, 2003 - 4:07 pm
Alexandria,
what year was this picture taken?

it certainly looks like the Queen has lost at least 10 if not 20 years overnight.

KC
At times like these I wish I had been more conscientious in dating my magazing clippings! I would say that the picture was taken within the last 5 years - after 1999.

Maybe some can shed better light on this ... The article was in HELLO! magazine in which the Queen was interviewed about the progress of her World Childhood Foundation. The article says that Victoria is presently 23, Carl Philip 21 and Madeline 18.

www.ibl.se - Sainte-Maxime le 7/08/2003 - N¡ 2003081861 King and Queen of Sweden in holidays in south of France are enjoying their beautifull speedboat and have lunch on a beach near St-Tropez. © KCS Presse / IBL

Attachments

• gustav_1.jpg
    gustav_1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 883
  • couple_1.jpg
    couple_1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,281
  • boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,151
  • boat_again.jpg
    boat_again.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,074
  • sand.jpg
    sand.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,548
  • more_boating.jpg
    more_boating.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 958
  • lunch.jpg
    lunch.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,091
  • lunch_2.jpg
    lunch_2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,778
  • eating.jpg
    eating.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,152
www.ibl.se - Sainte-Maxime le 5/08/2003 - N¡ 2003081849 - EXCLUSIVE Royal Family of Sweden in holidays South of France. © KCS Presse / IBL

www.ibl.se - Sainte-Maxime le 5/08/2003 - N¡ 2003081849 - EXCLUSIVE Royal Family of Sweden in holidays South of France. © KCS Presse / IBL

Even the cooler is the colours of the Swedish flag!

www.ibl.se - Sainte-Maxime le 4/07/2003 - N 2003071840 Le roi Carl Gustaf et la Reine Silvie de Suede en promenade en bateau. © KCS Presse / IBL

Attachments

• docking.jpg
    docking.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,048
  • silvia.jpg
    silvia.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,327
  • waiting.jpg
    waiting.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 993
  • silvia_1.jpg
    silvia_1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,311
  • waving.jpg
    waving.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,048
I never see Queen Slivia bikni before! because she become old

Sara Boyce

According to:
http://www.royalcourt.se/net/Kungl.+Hovsta...v/1066382996483

On 22/10  To 23/10
Älgjakt i Bergslagen 
Kungen, Prins Carl Philip
On October 22 and 23 of 2003, HM Kungen and son are going hunting for "elk" in Bergslagen.

Maybe Yennie might be kind enough to let me know where Bergslagen lies relative to Stockholm ?

As an aside, pictures of Europan "elk" look the same as Canadian 'moose'.
Canadian elk on the other hand bears no resemblance to European elk. :shock:

And in closing, I hope they are successful in their venture, and bring back food for the kitchen table, as well as a trophy rack or two. :innocent:

I wonder how exclusive the guest list is on these hunting forays that the king undertakes. For a person who used to be against seal hunting, has he turned a feather or two ?

Apparently, the King is going hunting again in November.

You can be against one type of hunting but not another. I agree it does make you seem a bit of a fence sitter though.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com

Swedish royals in Rome for exhibition on exiled queen

ROME (AFP) - Sweden's King Carl Gustaf XVI and Queen Silvia arrived in Rome to inaugurate an exhibition devoted to their controversial 17th century predecessor Queen Christina and the royal collections, officials said.

The royal couple arrived in Rome on a regular SAS flight before they were hosted at an official lunch by Italy's President Carlo Azeglio Ciampi and his wife.

They were to inaugurate the exhibition at Rome's Ruspoli Palace on Tuesday evening. It includes 150 pieces, among them the queen's coronation carriage, jewels, gowns and paintings by Rembrandt, Titian and Arcimboldo.

Christine ruled for 10 years before abdicating the throne in 1654 in order to convert to Catholicism. She went to live in Rome, where she became a noted patron of the arts, and died in exile in 1689 at the age of 63.

The exhibition will run until January 15

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 941
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom