General News about the Swedish Royal Family, Part 1: April 2015 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit that I am very disappointed by these photos. I had expected more "warm" pictures, as they were those of the years before, taken during the summer. Plus, the children were not even included.:ermm:

The court publishes only one photo as their greeting for the New Year. And with it they usually publish highlights of the Royal year.
The photos at the previous Happy New Year greetings:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
2013 (published at court Facebook)

I like this year's formal photo very much. It is great to have a photo of the royal family with tiaras and white ties. And it isn't as much photoshopped as last year, which is a big plus too. I also like that the New Year greeting photo hasn't been taken in the summer.

The court publishes only one photo as their greeting for the New Year. And with it they usually publish highlights of the Royal year.
The photos at the previous Happy New Year greetings:
2013 (published at court Facebook)

I like this year's formal photo very much. It is great to have a photo of the royal family with tiaras and white ties. And it isn't as much photoshopped as last year, which is a big plus too. I also like that the New Year greeting photo hasn't been taken in the summer.

My favourite one is still the 2014 photo. There was the whole family present, children included.

I like 2014 because the whole family is there. But 2015 is also special because we see the royalty aspect.

I don't like the tone of this article because it pits royals against one another but it has a count of public duties for 2015.

H.M. King Carl XVI Gustaf 254
H.M. Queen Silvia 167
H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria 145
H.R.H. Prince Daniel 124
H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip 64
H.R.H. Princess Sofia 47
H.R.H. Princess Madeleine 23
Chris O'Neill 11

Other Royals:
King Harald 307
Queen Elizabeth 184
Queen Margrethe 120

Source: Så flitiga – och lata – är våra kungligheter | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

@Queen Claude - I think the purpose of the article is to argue is it worth it to have a monarchy in Sweden. But what concerns me are the numbers being put up. How many are joint appearances (with spouse, another member of the family or the whole family) and how many are single appearances? Sofia has only been royal for about six months; anything prior to her marriage to Carl Philip in 2015 shouldn't count. Project Playground has been co-opted by the SRF more or less, but since PP was not founded by the SRF it shouldn't count. Chris should not be in count at all because he is not an HRH.

Whoever wrote this article better be able to stand by the numbers and stand up to challenges because the article is open to a fact check.

Well if you look at Iluvbertie's thread in the BRF forum his count has QE2 at 394 engagements this year carried out on 141 days, so where the figures from the article come from or are worked out would be interesting to know. Its good that the overall tone is supportive of the RF, but I wonder why they pretend to be surprised Madeleine isn't down as having done that much, she has moved home, had a baby, had 2 young children to look after, is last of the adults in the succession and lives in another country and works for Childhood. What do they expect?

@Queen Claude - I think the purpose of the article is to argue is it worth it to have a monarchy in Sweden. But what concerns me are the numbers being put up. How many are joint appearances (with spouse, another member of the family or the whole family) and how many are single appearances? Sofia has only been royal for about six months; anything prior to her marriage to Carl Philip in 2015 shouldn't count. Project Playground has been co-opted by the SRF more or less, but since PP was not founded by the SRF it shouldn't count. Chris should not be in count at all because he is not an HRH.

Whoever wrote this article better be able to stand by the numbers and stand up to challenges because the article is open to a fact check.

I agree that Chris shouldn't be included in the list, since he isn't royal. But I don't understand why PP shouldn't count? If royals could only work with charities that are founded by royals, that would exclude the large majority of charities. The royal courts decide themselves what charities they want their members to be involved with. I'm fine with that.

I agree that Chris shouldn't be included in the list, since he isn't royal. But I don't understand why PP shouldn't count? If royals could only work with charities that are founded by royals, that would exclude the large majority of charities. The royal courts decide themselves what charities they want their members to be involved with. I'm fine with that.

Because if that doesn't count, it will make it look like P.Sofia does barely anything which is a welcome score to some people

Bad Lee-Z :devil:

Because if that doesn't count, it will make it look like P.Sofia does barely anything which is a welcome score to some people

Bad Lee-Z :devil:

Those who don't like Sofia (or another royal) will trash talk her no matter what. Sad but true. Still, it's a strange notion. That would mean that things like working for UNICEF or Save the Children would not be good enough for royals, since they weren't founded by royals.

I really like it when I can tell that the royal involvement in a charity (or something similar) isn't just done because it's a duty, but because the royal involved really has a personal interest in the subject. A swedish example is prince Daniel and his involvement with young entrepreneurs and different health projects for children and teenagers. He really cares about this, and it shows.

Last edited:

The article doesn't tell where the reporter has counted the work events from. For instance, at the swedish royal calendar aren't listed the visits Victoria and Daniel do with the Crown Princess Couple's Foundation - but some of those events are listed at the "Aktuella händelser" and an article is made of them, so they are official work events.
It seems to me that the numbers Aftonbladet has got are taken from the royal calendar, while looking at Daniel's calendar, the number 124 has been got by counting the work events from the calendar, and for instance the three events on the National Day and at the Opening of the Parliament are listed as one event per day on the result. The way to count is a little unfair, because in 2015 Daniel had 9 visits with Prince Daniel Fellowship, he visits two different schools in a day and meets two different audiences, and still those are counted as one event per day.

And for instance, on 29th January Victoria and Daniel met John Mullins, there is an article about it at the court website:
Kronprinsessparet i möte med John Mullins - Sveriges Kungahus
But it isn't or hasn't been at the calendar.

The king, queen, Victoria and Daniel have events which aren't at the calendar, so if Aftonbladet counts only the calendar, the numbers aren't right. As Carl Philip, Sofia and Madeleine work so little, they don't have the same problem.

And besides, the article says that the king has 249 work events - and still five to come before the New Year: that means that the events are counted until 19th December, and the work events starting from 20th December weren't counted at the result.
It means that to the numbers of the article should be added work events:
The king 5
The queen 2
Victoria 3
Daniel 5
Carl Philip 3
Sofia 3
Madeleine 1

To get the numbers right, the court should update their calendar and put all events which are seen as official work events to the calendar afterwards - if there has been done an article to the website, the event should also be at the calendar.
And the court should put all the events which Victoria and Daniel do with The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation to the calendar (not just board meetings and seminars). And the court should decide how they list Project Playground events. Now the board meetings and charity dinners are listed as official events, but Sofia's other work isn't, for instance her visit to partners or organizations PP works with aren't at the calendar.

Expressen Kungligt Instagram (Expressen's Instagram account for photos of royals) published a collage of nine photos which have got most likes at their account in 2015:
https://www.instagram.com/p/_8mU8SxScG/?taken-by=expressenkungligt

The king and Victoria have got to Svenska Dagbladet's list of the citations of the Year:
Victoria: "Hon önskar sig egentligen en hamster" ("She really wants to have a hamster")
The King: "Man skulle kunna förbjuda alla badkar. Tänk vilken grej." ("One should be able to ban all bathtubs. Imagine what a thing.").
”Hon önskar sig egentligen en hamster” _ SvD

2016 calendars of the Royal Family on sale:
https://familjealmanackan.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/väggalmanacka-kungafamiljen-2016-up.jpg
https://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Kunglig-Kalender-omslag.jpg
https://www.kalenderkungen.se/PICTURE/91308016.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of months ago in the internet it was sought look a like-actors to play king Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, prince Daniel and crown princess Victoria at a finnish commercial, it would take two days to make the commercial.
The actors have been found - they were sought to a commercial of Prisma. Prisma is a family-friendly hypermarket of the cooperative S Group.

Here is the commercial. Victoria, Daniel and Estelle have moved to Finland and the king and queen come to visit.
"We can cope with them", says Daniel to Victoria when the doorbell rings.
"Daddy, nice to see you", says Victoria. "Oh, your belly is growing so", says the king.
They sit to the table and the king says: "Wasn't this move to Finland a little hasty? There isn't anything...".
Victoria: "Dad, we have already talked about this. We like it here very much and we can live a pretty ordinary life".
Queen Silvia says: "These plates you haven't got from us?"
Daniel: "No, they come from...".
The king: "It is so costly here also"
Victoria: "Costly?"
Queen Silvia takes a plate to look at it and Estelle comes: "No! Grandma, it is mine!"
Daniel: "Let grandma look at the plate. Sorry."
Queen Silvia: "This could suit us at home"
The king: "Yes, maybe"
Queen Silvia: "Where can one get these?"
Victoria: "From Prisma"
The king: "What was it called?"
Victoria: "It is called Prisma".¨
The king: "I want to go to Pr... Okay."

The commercial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kKHmH5IV6c

A photo
https://www.prisma.fi/wcm_kuvat/prfi_1602_kun_etusivu_1140x400.jpg

Last edited:
:previous: this made me lol :ROFLMAO: thanks for sharing

The Solliden Palace is preparing already for the summer, new postcards of the royal family will be on sale there (and certainly also at the royal gift shops at other palaces).
https://www.facebook.com/4040821564...4082156424339/576693899163163/?type=3&theater

New stamps at the Royal Jubilee Year will be published on 17th March. The stamps were designed by Daniel Bjugård from the photographs by Anna-Lena Ahlström.
Nya frimärken uppmärksammar kungliga jubileer och tronföljden _ Svensk Damtidning

The king's photo is fine, but once again this Anna-Lena Ahlström has managed to make Estelle look totally weird. She doesn't look like herself at all. The photo with the king, Victoria and Estelle isn't natural at all.

I lke how the stamps look. The only complaint that I have is that it looks like the three of them were photoshopped together after single pictures of them had been taken. I also like Estelle and Victoria's hairstyle, especially that of Estelle as it seems to channel the hairstyle of Leonor and Sofia of Spain:flowers:

Very nice photos. So pleased to see that both Victoria and Estelle are wearing softer hair styles rather than the stiff "helmet" look. JMHO!

The King is smiling. Good to see. The stamps are lovely. The Queen looks great too.

I love crownprincess Victoria's hairdo! It's so lovely on her! Estelle looks very cute as alwasy! Lovely photos! I hope to see them in high def later on the website!

i loved the new photo of the king, victoria and estelle in the stamps. i love how victoria is dressed and also her hairdo, and the cute dress estelle has on!

Love the stamps. The picture of the three reminds me of Norway. Though it would be nice if they did what the Norweigans do, and actually take a photo together (Haakon, Harald and IA are often shot together). Instead of photo shopping pictures together. It shouldn't have been too hard.

Love Vic's outfit and hairstyle, so soft, would love if she wore her hair like that at an event. Estelle is as cute as ever. Her hair does remind me of one of the Spanish princesses.

Nice three generation photo. Agree a little bit too much Photoshop, especially on Victoria. But love that its the King and his heirs

I Love the Stamps! They all look great !

I love the stamps! Obviously, it would have been better if they didn't photoshop everyone together, but it's a pretty great job. And Victoria looks like a knockout!

Prince Daniel and queen Silvia are at MedTechMagazine's list of the 100 most powerful people at medtech world.
Medical technology is an important part of the solution to the future care challenge. How investments look today, the steps taken in the development, is vital to the future of everyone's health and survival. At the list are the people in research, industry, health care and community that now have the most power and influence.
Daniel is 55th
Prince Daniel, active patient including More Organ Donation, the registry for organ donation and entrepreneur. He has been taken to the Royal Academy of Engineering Sciences and has there a good platform to work from.
Maktlistan 2016 - plats 30-69 - MedTech Magazine - MedTech Magazine
Queen Silvia is 79th
Queen Silvia is involved in many issues and in recent years she has done much to raise the important issue of dementia. Through the Foundation Silviahemmet training opportunities are created for health professionals and funding for research. When Queen Silvia speaks, everyone listens.
Maktlistan2016_ plats nr 70-100 - MedTech Magazine - MedTech Magazine

King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia attended a couple of weeks ago at the 75th birthday anniversary party of businessman Claes Dinkelspiel. He celebrated his birthday with 320 guests at Wallmans Salonger in Stockholm. Mark Levengood hosted the evening and among the performers were Peter Jöback and The Fantastic Four.
Also princess Christina and Tord Magnuson attended.
And count Bertil and countess Jill Bernadotte af Wisborg

A survey Novus has done on behalf of the Association of The Swedish Advertisers, shows that one in five Swedes think that Crown Princess Victoria is the biggest role model within the Swedish media.
Swedish Advertisers does with market research company Novus ongoing studies of the Swedish people's attitudes to various brands. In the latest online survey about 1,000 people were questioned on 4th-10th February, on the occasion of the International Women's Day March 8: "Who, of the following Swedish female media profiles do you think is the biggest role model for you personally?"
At the top of the list is Crown Princess Victoria. Total 20 percent of Swedes think that she is the biggest female role model in the Swedish media. Among women, the figure rises to 24 percent. TV4 and TV host profile Tilde de Paula gets 10 percent of the votes. Tied for third place on the list are Anja Pärson, Babben Larsson and Robyn, each receive 7 percent of the votes.
Princess Madeleine and princess Sofia received both 2 percent of the votes.
Kronprinsessan toppar listan över kvinnliga förebilder - Sveriges Annonsörer
https://mb.cision.com/Public/1473/9921072/a5b904161b77d5b9.pdf

@Lady Finn - I looked over that list. Good for Victoria, bad for Madeleine and Sofia. (Where they throwing shade when they listed Sofia as "Sofia Hellqvist"? ) I'm surprised the queen didn't make the cut. Of of 1000 people polled, only 20 (2%) each saw Madeleine and Sofia good role models. This is not good when you represent the brand that is called the Swedish Royal Family. Hazarding a guess, Madeleine's and Sofia's past reputations may have been a factor in the polling. Throw in the Madeleine vs. Sofia feud that has played out in the tabloids and their individual negative stories in the press may have been that "I-just-can't" moment for these royals when time came to voting. I wish there were a follow up question as to why just to get insight.

@Lady Finn - I looked over that list. Good for Victoria, bad for Madeleine and Sofia. (Where they throwing shade when they listed Sofia as "Sofia Hellqvist"? ) I'm surprised the queen didn't make the cut. Of of 1000 people polled, only 20 (2%) each saw Madeleine and Sofia good role models. This is not good when you represent the brand that is called the Swedish Royal Family. Hazarding a guess, Madeleine's and Sofia's past reputations may have been a factor in the polling. Throw in the Madeleine vs. Sofia feud that has played out in the tabloids and their individual negative stories in the press may have been that "I-just-can't" moment for these royals when time came to voting. I wish there were a follow up question as to why just to get insight.

hazard a guess, You know how to make it, but I do not think this survey calls for an analysis like this. Where royal mixed with media personalities, who do not have the same media exposure, the same freedom of speech ...
But if you like inquiries, lists, in here is an other one

ÅRETS KVINNOR 2016 - Internationella kvinnodagen 8 mars

This year's Women 2016

On International Women's Day traditionally appoints Expressen year's women.

100 women - who have been successful, courageous or otherwise been role models since March 8 last year.

Princess Sofia
31 years.

Conquered not only the prince's heart but also the Swedish people with his work for the needy children of the world. Comparisons with Queen Silvia is not baseless.

You see lists, inquiries, we can find it tens, which will tell you everything and the opposite.

This was a ranking generated by the staff of Expressen in honor of International Women's Day. It does not say how many people Expressen polled to get their rankings. The poll Lady Finn presented showed an outreach. Madeleine and Sofia has had a lot of media coverage, so lack of name recognition could not be a reason for the 2% for each of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom