General News about the Swedish Royal Family, Part 1: April 2015 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expressen published today their annual The Women of the Year list. The list has 100 women.
The Woman of the Year 2019 is Greta Thunberg, 16, a Swedish political activist working to stop global warming and climate change

Three of the royal family's women are on the list:
4. Crown princess Victoria (Victoria was chosen as The Woman of the Year in 2011)
23. Queen Silvia
35. Princess Sofia
Årets kvinnor 2019 – se hela Expressens lista med 100 namn

Queen Silvia, Victoria and Estelle visited today Schönbrunn Zoo in Vienna.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=d2c4fc5714f5561e7202ad70d3be57a5&oe=5D342355

According to the press, Estelle had made a lot of questions about the animals at the zoo.
Schwedische Königin in Schönbrunn - wien.ORF.at
Schwedische Königsfamilie besucht Tiergarten Schönbrunn - SALZBURG24

According to this article, also Oscar was in Vienna. These women, who were having a hen party, met Victoria on Saturday. Victoria and the children had visited Spanische Hofreitschule.
Schwedens schöne Prinzessin verzaubert Wien _ krone.at

Last edited:
Queen Silvia, Victoria and Estelle visited today Schönbrunn Zoo in Vienna.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=d2c4fc5714f5561e7202ad70d3be57a5&oe=5D342355

According to the press, Estelle had made a lot of questions about the animals at the zoo.
Schwedische Königin in Schönbrunn - wien.ORF.at
Schwedische Königsfamilie besucht Tiergarten Schönbrunn - SALZBURG24

According to this article, also Oscar was in Vienna. These women, who were having a hen party, met Victoria on Saturday. Victoria and the children had visited Spanische Hofreitschule.
Schwedens schöne Prinzessin verzaubert Wien _ krone.at

That explains this tweet :)

What a fun day for Estelle with her Mum and Grandma. :flowers:

I am not surprised she is so inquisitive about the animals. I would have loved to explore that zoo at my age and ask tons of questions.

Is there a reason why the family are in Vienna together or are they there for the Easter break? Either way it's lovely to see them enjoying some time with each other and the photo of the three was wonderful - sweet to hear that Estelle was interested in the animals and asked lots of questions at the zoo.

What an amazing encounter! Imagine thinking that the woman and child sitting next to you are completely regular passangers only to find out you were in the company of two future queens for an hour :D

Is there a reason why the family are in Vienna together or are they there for the Easter break? Either way it's lovely to see them enjoying some time with each other and the photo of the three was wonderful - sweet to hear that Estelle was interested in the animals and asked lots of questions at the zoo.

What an amazing encounter! Imagine thinking that the woman and child sitting next to you are completely regular passangers only to find out you were in the company of two future queens for an hour :D

They aren't having Easter break. Queen Silvia has three work events next week and Victoria five. Now it was a good time to queen Silvia to have a weekend trip with her daughter and grandchildren when king Carl Gustaf was in South Korea.

A couple more photos
Sunday
https://scontent.fmex1-1.fna.fbcdn....=01c53eab8ec198d34aeb773e44009537&oe=5D44EF60
Saturday

Photos without watermark at Svensk Damtidning's article. Estelle had got a cap from Spanische Hofreitschule.
Här äter Estelle kokostopp i Wien – se våriga bilderna på mor och dotter! _ Svensk Damtidning

Nina Lagergren, half-sister of Raoul Wallenberg, died on 5th April at the age of 98. Nina Lagergren was one of the founders of the Raoul Wallenberg Academy.
The members of the royal family met Nina Lagergren often. She was married to Gunnar Lagergren, the former Marshal of the Realm. And as the wife and widow of Gunnar Lagergren, she was invited to the festive events at the court, to Victoria's 40th birthday celebration and King Carl Gustaf's 40 years jubilee. The members of the royal family met Nina Lagergren at the events in connection with Raoul Wallenberg and Holocaust. Nina Lagergren was also the mother of Nane Annan, wife of Kofi Annan.
The members of the royal family with Nina Lagergren
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Last edited by a moderator:

Here are some photos of Victoria and Estelle in Vienna on Saturday, meeting the bride-to-be Anna and her hen party guests who sold them the Austrian dessert called 'Schwedenbombe' (Sweden bomb):

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

I presume this is also part of the reason why the family went to Austria. Lovely photos - Estelle certainly looks very happy to have been given the Schwedenbombe!

Photos at Drottning Victorias Hotell och Vilohem (Queen Victoria's Rest Home), close to Solliden on Öland.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=886a7edd0fac3f0c3544ecaa7f725291&oe=5D324FD2

Victoria and Carl Philip were at Tekniska Museet yesterday evening. It seems that they attended at Peter Wallenberg jr and Klara Wallenberg's 100th birthday party. Peter Wallenberg jr has had his 60th birthday and his wife Klara her 40th birthday.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxQiS6-noAC/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxQjDjFnj6K/

The royal court has published it's Annual Report 2018 on its website.
The Marshal of the Realm Fredrik Wersäll writes at foreword his among other things:
The Royal Court has the task of supporting the King in his role as head of state and responsible for preserving, looking after and showing the cultural heritage that the royal visitor destinations constitute. My reflection as a new Marshal of the Realm is that the Royal Court with its many unique competencies perform a high-quality work to fulfill these tasks within, after all, limited financial framework.
The Report tells among other things:
In 2018 the Royal Court received a total of 1,752 requests (1716 in 2017) for royal participation. The number of official commitments for the King and the Royal Family increased to 900 (875 in 2017).
The king and queen had a total of about 3,400 guests at various events. The crown princess couple also conducted official representation with over 100 invited guests.
Verksamhetsberättelsen 2018

At Expressen's TV-program of the royal family "Kungafamiljen" hostess Tess Ulander and fashion expert Emma Danielsson spoke about clothes. About children's clothes and hair accessories, but also about men's clothes.

Emma Danielsson points out now when the holiday season is coming, the king's shirt.
- He has a garment he is very fond of and it returns year after year on his holidays on the French Riviera.
The garment that the king is extra fond of is a striped, short-sleeved shirt that he has in several different variants and color settings. The first time he wore the garment was in 2002 - that is, 17 years ago.
- This shirt is a favorite, and it is fun that he reuses just the same shirt instead of buying new all the time and that is very much in the time, says Emma.
Something else the king likes in fashion is expressing himself with the help of his ties.
- Sometimes also with a little humorous glance in the eye, such an example is when he was in Abisko 2017 and chose a tie with small skiers, Emma says.
Another occasion when the king chose a tie after the event was when he visited a school in Botkyrka and wore a blue tie with elephants. But the king not only has fun ties but also some of the more luxurious variant, including a blue tie from the Louis Vuitton brand.
Emma Danielsson also has also looked at Prince Daniel and praises him for being so stylishly dressed, he almost never fails, especially when it comes to fits on his costumes and clothes, the fit is always good and it is very important for a man.
She gives an example of Daniel's favourite, which has become a bit of his signature in the way of clothing when he owns several pieces in several different colors - namely the double-breasted jacket.
- Many people think that it can be very difficult with a double-breasted jacket when you can see very boxy and square out, but Daniel wears it up really well and gets a lot of pondus in this type of jacket.
Kungens favoritskjorta – har hängt med i 17 år Expressen

At Expressen's TV-program of the royal family "Kungafamiljen" hostess Tess Ulander and fashion expert Emma Danielsson spoke about clothes. About children's clothes and hair accessories, but also about men's clothes.

Emma Danielsson points out now when the holiday season is coming, the king's shirt.
- He has a garment he is very fond of and it returns year after year on his holidays on the French Riviera.
The garment that the king is extra fond of is a striped, short-sleeved shirt that he has in several different variants and color settings. The first time he wore the garment was in 2002 - that is, 17 years ago.
- This shirt is a favorite, and it is fun that he reuses just the same shirt instead of buying new all the time and that is very much in the time, says Emma.
Something else the king likes in fashion is expressing himself with the help of his ties.
- Sometimes also with a little humorous glance in the eye, such an example is when he was in Abisko 2017 and chose a tie with small skiers, Emma says.
Another occasion when the king chose a tie after the event was when he visited a school in Botkyrka and wore a blue tie with elephants. But the king not only has fun ties but also some of the more luxurious variant, including a blue tie from the Louis Vuitton brand.
Emma Danielsson also has also looked at Prince Daniel and praises him for being so stylishly dressed, he almost never fails, especially when it comes to fits on his costumes and clothes, the fit is always good and it is very important for a man.
She gives an example of Daniel's favourite, which has become a bit of his signature in the way of clothing when he owns several pieces in several different colors - namely the double-breasted jacket.
- Many people think that it can be very difficult with a double-breasted jacket when you can see very boxy and square out, but Daniel wears it up really well and gets a lot of pondus in this type of jacket.
Kungens favoritskjorta – har hängt med i 17 år Expressen

It is understandable that Prince Daniel is more careful and less individualistic in his dress than the king. His style of dressing, among other things, was used to dismiss him as a potential prince when he was dating the crown princess.

Sweden won England 2-1 at the FIFA Women's World Cup bronze match today.
The royal family congratulates the team about their bronze medal
"Many congratulations to the skilled football team. Good that Sweden took home the bronze", greets the royal family via Margareta Thorgren.
Svenska VM-bronshjältarna hyllas efter vinsten mot England _ Aftonbladet

Queen Silvia and Madeleine attend today at the funeral of royal family friend Ann-Kristin (Anki) Wallenberg, 68, who died in June at a sailing accident on Lake Geneva in Switzerland. Margareta Thorgren told on 9th July to the press:
- The royal family doesn't have the opportunity to attend the funeral, but they are with in their thoughts. The royal family has sent condolences after the tragic death message and sends greetings and flowers to the funeral.
But today Margareta Thorgren told that the queen and Madeleine are attending the funeral.

For the royal family, Anki Wallenberg became an important contact when Madeleine moved to London with her friend Louise Gottlieb. The two 19-year-old girls lived then at Anki's home for a period between 2001 and 2002.
Anki Wallenberg attended Madeleine and Chris's wedding in 2013.

At Anki Wallenberg's obituary there wasn't the dates of her birth and death, only "forever young". At the obituary it was also said "light clothing".
https://api.memoriz.se/system/funeral_notices/images/001/047/746/client/2046727-3.png?1562381299

Svensk Damtidning about the queen and Madeleine attending the funeral at the Dalarö church. They arrived with the queen's lady-in-waiting Christina von Schwerin. Also Louise Thott and her parents Carola and Fredrik Gottlieb attended the funeral.
- Anki Wallenberg was a good friend of the queen, and she was also so nice and took care of Princess Madeleine during her stay abroad, says Margareta Thorgren to Svensk Damtidning.
The small white wooden church from 1787 is located near the hotel bridge and is surrounded by old beautiful summer villas.
Now it is filled to the last place, actually so full that the many wreaths have been placed outside. Only the family's and royal family's wreaths are at the altar. 120 guests attend the funeral.
Här tar drottning Silvia och Madeleine farväl av vännen – kungafamiljen i stor sorg _ Svensk Damtidning

Count Bertil and countess Jill Bernadotte
https://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010090011K15634511461677163

Louise Thott arrived with her parents Carola and Fredrik Gottlieb
https://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010090021K15634511461677163
https://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010090031K15634511461677163
https://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010090041K15634511461677163
https://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010090051K15634511461677163

Anki Wallenberg's ex-husband Peder Wallenberg, they were married 1980-86.
https://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010090061K15634511461677163

Gallery
Belga Image

Svensk Damtidning's Helena Wiklund writes:
It was a farewell filled with emotions. The priest Fredrik Santell spoke so beautifully about the warm and life-giving Anki, she was not only the finest possible mother of her sons Jacob and Nicholas, but also opened her arms for so many other children and young people.
Like Princess Madeleine and Louise Thott, who lived with Anki in Chelsea when they studied in London.
For Queen Silvia this meant that she could feel safe, and confident that Madeleine was in good hands, something she certainly feels great gratitude for today.
This became also a farewell filled with music. Anki's son Jacob sang Danny Boy and Eric Clapton's Tears in Heaven. Claude Debussy's Clair de Lune was played on the harp and flute and it was the Radio Choir who was responsible for the choir song.
Last of all, the church was filled with Alphaville's Forever Young, in memory of the unforgettable and eternally young Anki Wallenberg.
Then her sons Nicholas and Jacob carried their mother's coffin out of the church, with the tunes of Schubert's Ave Maria on the trumpet. The family gave their farewell and then followed the Queen and Princess Madeleine.
Later, everyone gathered at the family at Dalarö.
Silvias tårar för väninnan – så var begravningen _ Svensk Damtidning

The king and queen's flowers
https://files.svenskdam.se/uploads/2019/07/Kungaparets-krans.jpg
Madeleine and Chris's flowers
https://files.svenskdam.se/uploads/2019/07/Madeleine-Chris-1.jpg

Silvia och Madeleine deltog i Anki Wallenbergs begravning
Här tar Silvia och Madeleine farväl av nära väninnan - Allt om kungligt
Här stöttas prinsessan Madeleine i djupa sorgen - Allt om kungligt

ROYAL: Silvia und Madeleine bei der Beerdigung von Anki Wallenberg in Dalarö

Also Andrea Brodin's parents Eva Benita "Putzi" Brodin and Hans-Eric Brodin attended.
https://alltomkungligt.se/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/ankiwallenberg_begravning_stor4.jpg

^^^^^ How wonderful that her family chose to celebrate her life rather than mourn her death.

Agree with MARG - it was very lovely thought to celebrate her life. White depicts faith and purity and there's something pure and sincere in wearing white. I believe in eastern countries, white is the color of mourning and funerals.

Last edited:
Roger Lundgren, the editor-in-chief of Kungliga Magasinet, has met queen Silvia and Madeleine today in Solliden. Surely he has interviewed them to Kungliga Magasinet. Photo at Lundgren's Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0QL7W3iDM1/

The President of Tunisia, Beji Caid Essebsi, died yesterday 25th July, aged 92.

As he was a Knight of the Order of the Seraphim, a Ringing of the Seraphim could be expected on the day of his funeral, which is said to take place this Saturday. No information from the Court has been released yet.

Expressen Extra has at its newest issue an article about Sofia and Chris knowing eachother previously.
"Sofia's unknown past with Chris before Madde"
https://imageupper.com/s12/1/1/W15662388571677823_1.jpg

It's an old story, Svensk Damtidning wrote about it already in 2013.
They were photographed at the same event in 2006 and in 2008.

The german press writes many times a year that king Carl Gustaf is abdicating and Victoria becomes queen. But the swedish press doesn't write much about it, it is just written that the king has always said he will not abdicate.

But last week gossip magazine Hänt i Veckan had on its cover
The secret decision!
Therefore, the king steps down earlier
All ready for a change of monarch
"Victoria becomes queen"

Although I don't believe, that the king abdicates, and although Hänt i Veckan is a bad gossip magazine, I find it interesting, that a swedish magazine writes about it. It's something new. The swedish press has been written for some time that the king and queen spend more and more time in Stenhammar, and that the king is tired. During the last couple of years, we have seen some changes, the king and queen, especially the queen, has shorter periods without work many times a year. Of course it is quite natural since she and the king become older. The roles and responsibilities of Victoria (and Daniel) are highlighted more and more, and the roles of Carl Philip and Madeleine seem to diminish. Carl Philip and Sofia concentrate more and more to their Foundation and Madeleine doesn't do many royal duties in addition to her work in WCF.

The german press writes many times a year that king Carl Gustaf is abdicating and Victoria becomes queen. But the swedish press doesn't write much about it, it is just written that the king has always said he will not abdicate.

But last week gossip magazine Hänt i Veckan had on its cover
The secret decision!
Therefore, the king steps down earlier
All ready for a change of monarch
"Victoria becomes queen"

Although I don't believe, that the king abdicates, and although Hänt i Veckan is a bad gossip magazine, I find it interesting, that a swedish magazine writes about it. It's something new. The swedish press has been written for some time that the king and queen spend more and more time in Stenhammar, and that the king is tired. During the last couple of years, we have seen some changes, the king and queen, especially the queen, has shorter periods without work many times a year. Of course it is quite natural since she and the king become older. The roles and responsibilities of Victoria (and Daniel) are highlighted more and more, and the roles of Carl Philip and Madeleine seem to diminish. Carl Philip and Sofia concentrate more and more to their Foundation and Madeleine doesn't do many royal duties in addition to her work in WCF.
IMO the way it is done in the Netherlands or Spain is much better than waiting for the death of your father / mother.

I guess it should be a day of joy when you become queen or king, becoming this while mourning isn't quite a nice thought.
I always have the pictures in my mind from QMII the way she is standing on the balcony, pronounced as queen, after her father died.
I would prefer the other way round and grant the monarchs some time as a "pensioner".

I'm quite the conservative on this matter. I feel that a monarch should remain on their throne for life.

I think that the king will abdicate, but I don't think he'll do it now (unless there are unexpected health reasons or something like that). I think he will at least stay on the throne until prince Oscar start school. I think that most members of the royal family has more or less openly talked about how difficult it was when the king and queen had to leave for royal duties when the kids were younger. I'm sure that's something that they want to avoid in the next generation, if possible.

Expressen writes about the Royal family's "secret" room - they have their own waiting room at the Stockholm Central Station. Expressen quotes the article in Aftonbladet, which can be read only by those who pay of it.

Through a discreet side entrance at Stockholm Central Station, the royals enter the room closed from the public. Only one royal crown over the door signals that the Royal family's waiting room is behind it.
The waiting room (Väntsalen) was built in 1871 and is adorned by paintings of the royal palaces Gripsholm, Haga and Drottningholm. There are crystal chandeliers from NK and the couches are designed by Carl Malmsten. The king and queen have their own waiting rooms - the queen's is slightly smaller - and both an own toilet.
A special door out takes the royals from the room directly to the train.
Nowadays, the royal family rarely chooses trains as a means of transport. The special royal train carriage from 1931 was used at the latest in May 2011 when Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel made their first official visit to Ockelbo, writes Aftonbladet.
Jernhusen operates Stockholm Central Station and are now auctioning a visit for a group of 20 people in the secret waiting room for the benefit of Musichjälpen. This year's fundraising is organized for organizations working against children who are victims of sex trafficking.
Kungafamiljens hemliga väntsal på Stockholms centralstation _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Photos by SPA
"It is described as one of Swedens most secret rooms. The royal waiting room at Stockholm Central Station was opend in 1871 and is adorned with paintings at the royal palaces Gripsholm, Haga and Drottningholm. Through a discreet side entrance at Stockholm Central Station, the royals enter the room that is closed to the public."
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=fe73f4a5c4fee91da520c4d8773a8bc8&oe=5E5A945C
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8a8d3f7a59c54df5705aece90e6da3eb&oe=5E5DD7B6
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=0d6cf3b5ad011ccc0399b4933b00d40d&oe=5E4A3891
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=453be7d5634d75afb196ad9b47bc880c&oe=5E51F520
ROYAL: Das "geheime" Wartezimmer der schwedischen Königsfamilie am Bahnhof Stockholm Centralstation

TV4's annual program of the royal family "Kungahuset 2019" will be broadcasted on 25th December at 20.00 at TV4, TV4 Play and C More.

Jesper Börjesson meets the royal family in an exclusive documentary
Jesper Börjesson has followed the Swedish royal family for an intensive year. In the documentary Kungahuset 2019, viewers are invited to exclusive meetings and get a unique insight into the royal's everyday life with high tempo, long-distance travel and strong commitment.
It has been an eventful year with state visits, travel, official missions - and a major change within the royal house.
TV4's program host Jesper Börjesson has followed the royal family on assignments in Sweden and abroad and the red thread is the commitment to the environment. Among other things, we can accompany the king to the fire-hardened areas in Hälsingland, one year after the extreme forest fires. Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Estelle take us on a litter picking walk and Prince Carl Philip talks about his great interest in locally produced and sustainable food.
We also get to follow Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel to Vietnam where they raise environmental issues and also take us on a nightly walk in Hanoi.
- The environment and climate are the heart issues for the entire royal family. This is evident both during trips around the world and on litter picking walks with the children, says Jesper Börjesson.
He has also traveled to Germany where Queen Silvia visited her city of birth Heidelberg. During the inauguration of the children's home, Childhood Haus, the Queen reflects on her 20-year commitment to children's rights.
- It was incredible to be there and see how popular the queen is in Germany. People went out of the house to catch a glimpse of her and give flowers. The queen stopped and talked to as many as she could and received hundreds of flower bouquets.
Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia also talk about how they look to the future of their children Alexander and Gabriel who no longer belong to the royal house.
Jesper Börjesson möter kungafamiljen i exklusiv dokumentär

The King's demands on the family ahead of Silvia's birthday
Drottningholm is the natural gathering point for our Swedish royal family. On Christmas Eve?, you think. Not really! There is another day when the king demands that all children and grandchildren come "home".
Christmas Eve is an important family day for most people. But for our Swedish royalty, the date, December 23, is the holiest.
Then the family's buttress, Queen Silvia, is turning years.
The royal birthday happens the day before all the presents should be opened and always celebrated with a big family dinner out at Drottningholm.
The day is holy and of course the king expects all children and grandchildren to come home to Drottningholm to celebrate the queen. As is well known, the king couple has a good team of chefs who do the cooking, but just this day the king always enters the kitchen, tasting the sauce a few extra times, to make the dinner as successful as possible.
The King and Silvia have an incredibly packed schedule, for the rest of the year, but at Christmas time they are also free. On December 23, they can finally sit back and just enjoy and the head of state wants of course that his wife will feel as good as possible during her birthday. And the Queen feels at its best when she has all her children and grandchildren around her.
Coming home to Drottningholm and celebrating the Queen's birthday is therefore not an option but rather a rule. If Victoria and Daniel are planning a trip to Ockelbo or Carl Philip and Sofia a few days off in Ävdalen, these trips will be made after December 23.
Kungens krav inför Silvias födelsedag _ Svensk Dam

In reality its not that different then UK where everyone used to be expected to spend Christmas eve and Christmas morning with the queen at Sandringham. The in laws would just have to wait for another day.

In Sweden its just December 23-24th instead, for the queen's birthday and Christmas eve. It makes sense to have a big birthday for the queen when the family will be gathered anyways for the holidays.

If CP and Victoria want to spend some of the holiday with their inlaws, they can easily do so on the 25th and onwards.

Things will change with time when their parents pass.

Expressen's royal expert Karin Lennmor at her chronicle:

The Royal House's new plan - the change is clear
Cozy pictures from Prince Carl Philips father's day celebration at Fjärilshuset.
Adorable child pictures on Princess Madeleine's sunburnt kids in Florida.
A movie where little prince Oscar runs on Haga, picking garbage and calling "plastic in nature".
And so hundreds of pictures from the Crown Princess couple's trip to Bosnia and Herzegovina this week…
Welcome to the new medial royal house!
What happened? To me, it feels like our royal house's presence on social media has completely exploded. Of course, there is a thought and idea behind this, to become more transparent. Reaching out to more and getting younger people to like and appreciate the royal house.
Margareta Thorgren talked about this in the TV4 program "Malou efter 10" recently.
- Openness is one of the keys, there is a huge need to know what the royal family does, said Margareta Thorgren.
This with transparency has really borne fruit. Since 2014 it has been possible to measure a greatly increased popularity for the royal house. Is it because we get to follow them in a new way?
The new winds have blown extra strong this fall as so much turbulence has happened in the royal house. I think of the new order, that Prince Carl Philips and Princess Madeleine's children are no longer counted in the royal house in terms of representation, publicity and duties.
With Crown Princess Victoria and her family, it's a little different. Her and her family's life can be followed via the Royal House account, but there are also movie clips on the royal family's own Youtube channel.
Margareta Thorgren seems satisfied with the increased presence in social media.
- We have a well-grounded information team on the court, she says. And a transcendent competence. Today we do everything except blogging!
Eight people now work in the information department at the Palace. The latest additions are an image editor and a digital editor. Just this latter, the digital editor, is a real rising star. Her name is Sara Friberg and she is the one who posts all kinds of information about the royal family in the social media. Sara is also a photographer, and you can at least say that she is guarding her royal family! Last week, when Victoria and Daniel were in Bosnia, Sara traveled with them. We got to follow every little step the Crown Princess couple took! It was published over 100 pictures! Record!
Of course, our image is controlled by the royal family, when their own staff delivers so much material in the form of texts and pictures.
- But we don't want to compete with the media, assures Margareta Thorgren. Although we want to be less formal, we can communicate directly. And help you journalists.
Karin Lennmor om kungahusets nya strategi
Translation

:previous: Nice to see the four enjoying a family evening together and it's always a delight to see Estelle - her hair is getting so long! I love this photo of her - she's such a little professional already and Silvia seems so proud.

Yes, they have done a wonderful job of introducing her to royal life early. A great balance though, a lot of privacy and normal childhood, with a little bit of royal events put in. Not the same deer in the headlight look some royal kids have when thrust into public events.

Grandma most certainly looks proud.

Wonderful family night out for the Queen and king with their daughter and granddaughter.

Envy them. I go to the Nutcracker every year but nothing like that beautiful opera house. Closest was when I was in London.

The royal couple brought Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Estelle to the ballet on Saturday.
It was a extraordinary Saturday to Princess Estelle, 7.
During the afternoon she was allowed to accompany her grandparents, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia, as well as her mother, Crown Princess Victoria, at the ballet.
The company saw a family version of the classic "Nutcracker", with well-known music by Pjotr ​​Tjajkovsky.
The matinee performance was staged at the Royal Opera in Stockholm and lasted for two hours and thirty minutes. For the royals, the spectacle was enjoyed from the royal family's own balcony.
However, the royals should not have been too private. At the beginning of the show, they looked down to greet the audience.
Queen Silvia beamed in a pink blazer, while Crown Princess Victoria was dressed in a sleek skirt in gold brocade. Little Estelle, for her part, was dressed in a midnight blue dress with matching diadem.
The performance seemed to be much appreciated by the young princess, who smiled and applauded enthusiastically along with the rest of the audience.
The good atmosphere is also confirmed by Margareta Thorgren.
“Successful visit nice performance. Everyone was happy", she writes in a text message to Expressen.
When it was then time for intermission, the ensemble also took the opportunity to pay attention to the royal visit. All dancers first aimed at the royal family to receive their applause, before turning to the cheers of the audience.
After the performance, the royal family greeted the ensemble.
However, some who missed the whole ballet were Prince Daniel and little Prince Oscar, 3, who were not present.
https://f.cdn-expressen.se/images/3c/c6/3cc620ed8ef44a50b90ad68928d3135b/16x9/1280@60.jpg
https://f.cdn-expressen.se/images/4b/6a/4b6a621ca6e94f008b1cd6ab3a6e1ded/16x9/1280@60.jpg
Estelle och kungafamiljen på balett – njöt av ”Nötknäpparen”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom