General News about Prince Carl Philip & Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: July 2014-June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Aftonbladet, Carl Philip and Sofia at the first planned to move to Villa Solbacken during the summer. They looked forward to an early move in but were completely unprepared for the obstacles that lay along the way.
Sources close to the couple say that the house was in need of a larger renovation than they first thought.
- They will not move into in 2015, says Jan Lindman, the Keeper of the Privy Purse at the court and facilitator of the renovation.
Jan Lindman can not say whether the dream of moving becomes reality in 2016.
- We'll see. There is currently no timetable for when the renovation can start, he says.
Now the house is empty with overgrown lot.
- It is a large house in fairly good condition but it has a little archaic standard. Now, we have studied and looked at the opportunities to modernize the house. We are looking at different options and nothing is decided yet, says Lindman.
Among the first to do once the work is underway is to look over the house's foundation, drainage, ventilation and electrical systems. You also need to consider whether there are asbestos materials in the house.
How does the Prince couple's vision of a completed Villa Solbacken seem out?
- The vision is a cozy and functional home, Lindman says.
Drömhuset långt borta för prinsen och Sofia _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

I had a dream about Carl-Philip and Sofia - they went on a walk with their sweet six-year-old son...

I had a dream about Carl-Philip and Sofia - they went on a walk with their sweet six-year-old son...

Are these kind of dreams coming true?

If so, then you can be right.

Anyway, I suppose they will have children like other royal couples did.

Are these kind of dreams coming true?

If so, then you can be right.

Anyway, I suppose they will have children like other royal couples did.

Yes, yes - except King Baudoin & Queen Fabiola of Belgium:sad:

Maybe it is the first gradson for the kings.

Well, they are not even married and we may have to wait several years till we know whether they will have children or not.

Well, they are not even married and we may have to wait several years till we know whether they will have children or not.

Lol, oh they will pop out a couple of kids! After all these years of practice, that big news won't be that far away. ;)

According to Aftonbladet, Carl Philip and Sofia at the first planned to move to Villa Solbacken during the summer. They looked forward to an early move in but were completely unprepared for the obstacles that lay along the way.
Sources close to the couple say that the house was in need of a larger renovation than they first thought.
- They will not move into in 2015, says Jan Lindman, the Keeper of the Privy Purse at the court and facilitator of the renovation.
Jan Lindman can not say whether the dream of moving becomes reality in 2016.
- We'll see. There is currently no timetable for when the renovation can start, he says.
Now the house is empty with overgrown lot.
- It is a large house in fairly good condition but it has a little archaic standard. Now, we have studied and looked at the opportunities to modernize the house. We are looking at different options and nothing is decided yet, says Lindman.
Among the first to do once the work is underway is to look over the house's foundation, drainage, ventilation and electrical systems. You also need to consider whether there are asbestos materials in the house.
How does the Prince couple's vision of a completed Villa Solbacken seem out?
- The vision is a cozy and functional home, Lindman says.
Drömhuset långt borta för prinsen och Sofia _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Why is the Court paying for the renovation ? I thought Villa Solbacken was a private property.

Why is the Court paying for the renovation ? I thought Villa Solbacken was a private property.

Carl Philip is paying the renovation himself, because Villa Solbacken is his private property. Jan Lindman has told this before. Lindman is just the man who takes care of the renovation at the court.
Of course it might be that if the security around the house much be made more secure, the court pays that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom