General News about Madeleine, Chris, and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 - June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be that this is just an office address/ 1-bedroom place for the nanny and that they also own a larger place in the building?

I love the Hermes blanket BTW ;-)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

The court writes: "Princess Madeleine and Christopher O'Neill have left their rented apartment in New York. They intend to find new accommodation in Europe".
Why would the court write something like that if they own another apartment in the building?

The court writes: "Princess Madeleine and Christopher O'Neill have left their rented apartment in New York. They intend to find new accommodation in Europe".

Why would the court write something like that if they own another apartment in the building?

No idea LadyFinn, I am just really surprised this is where they live with a small baby. They moved in after she got pregnant, so they must have known they would live there with a baby. Don't you think the interior is very male? (Maybe except for the bedroom)

I suspect its simply a picture Maddie took when they were out somewhere and later decided to use it for New Year, I suspect it wasn't taken specifically for that purpose.

No idea LadyFinn, I am just really surprised this is where they live with a small baby. They moved in after she got pregnant, so they must have known they would live there with a baby. Don't you think the interior is very male? (Maybe except for the bedroom)

The interior is easily like that when you have taken away all the photos and other stuff which would reveal who lives in the apartment.

"They have already cleared the apartment and given notice with the rental contract", said Margareta Thorgren to Aftonbladet.
Inget slott – men väl en lya för en sessa Nyheter Aftonbladet

Last edited:
They may also be old photos, they didn't move in all that long ago and given the attention/interest around Maddie and Chris its possible the pictures from when they moved in where used. I doubt they've had to make anything but superficial changes to the interior.

Last edited:
They may also be old photos, they didn't move in all that long ago and given the attention/interest around Maddie and Chris its possible the pictures from when they moved in where used. I doubt they've had to make anything but superficial changes to the interior.

The building was ready in the summer 2013, so probably Madeleine and Chris moved to an empty apartment. I don't see them moving to a furnished apartment, that would be a real surprise for me.

I suspect its simply a picture Maddie took when they were out somewhere and later decided to use it for New Year, I suspect it wasn't taken specifically for that purpose.

That's what I was thinking :flowers: and that Madeleine likely chose it mainly for Lenore's cuteness in the photo.

Lenore is a cutie-pie! :flowers:

Last edited:
7900 US dollars a month for a 70-square-meter apartment ? They should definitely move back to Sweden !

It makes sense that they leave now. If the apartement was really only 70sm then that's really small for a family, at least for european standards. In Europe people live as a couple in 70sm, if not already considered too small. Families who have good salaries will rent at least 150sm when 2 children are around.

To be honest I don't think Maddie and her family have that much money lying around to afford a mega sized apartment in New York(I don't know how wealthy Chris is). I think to be honest a small apartment in the posh part of town fits with Maddie and Chris' wish to have a relatively quiet life.
What will be interesting is to see where they move to and what sort of place they buy/rent there.

According to Wikipedia, King Carl XVI Gustaf's personal wealth was estimated at 42 million US dollars in 2011. Just as a comparison, the Wikipedia figures for Queen Elizabeth II and then Queen Beatrix in the same year were 450 and 200 million respectively.

In any case, although Madeleine's family may be personally not very wealthy, I assume that, as a princess of Sweden, she grew up in far more comfortable accomodations than a 70 square-meter apartment. After all, even though the royal palaces are actually owned by the Swedish State, they are at the disposal of the King and the Royal Family.

Lenore is a cutie-pie! :flowers:

I was just about to post the same thing :flowers:. Leonore is adorable and I like how Madeleine releases photos of her on Facebook fairly regularly.

It will be interesting to see where abouts in Europe Madeleine, Chris and Leonore (and Leonore's sibling) will end up living. At the moment, I think Stockholm and London are the most likely options. If they decide to not live in Sweden or England, I wonder if they will live in another country in Scandinavia/The UK or somewhere different.

General News about Madeleine, Chris and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 -

Sorry, but I just can't believe that this 1-bedroom place is where they lived in NYC. I really think this is a business address or a place for the nanny.

- they moved into the Touraine in Nov 2013. Why move into a 1-br place if you are having a baby?
- they rented Sutton Place for $10k, why go down in rent?
- Sutton Place had lots more space and 2 bedrooms, why go down in space?
- The apartment looks very male to me and nothing in the interior reminds of a baby living there.

The only thing that matches is that this is also the mailing address of Chris's companies.

I hope John T Lindwall from Expressen will go after this, they seem to have a good detective nose.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The only thing that matches is that this is also the mailing address of Chris's companies.

I hope John T Lindwall from Expressen will go after this, they seem to have a good detective nose.

Which of Chris's companies? Can you give the link?
Lindwall's name was at the Expressen article yesterday, so maybe he has done some check already. The court could also have said at their press release that the information told in the press about the apartment is wrong. Because the information that they were living in 70 square meters could make the reporters to dig why they were living in such a small apartment, are they having money problems? Is Chris working at all?
The broker of the apartment didn't want to comment about the rental to Aftonbladet. He could of course also have said that the apartment is not princess Madeleine's and have ended the swedish press interest and calling to him.

Margareta Thorgren to Aftonbladet:
- They will now be based in Stockholm.
The couple plan to buy a home in Europe eventually, but the court states that they are not in a hurry.
- It depends to some extent on that they are having their second child. That makes that you have to wait a little extra. They are at home in Stockholm right now and feel no panic to move.
It has previously been speculated that the family moves to London, but Thorgren would not comment on which cities the pair could move to.
They may end up in Sweden?
- Nothing is decided yet. But of course, Sweden is not excluded.
The family is now in Stockholm and will celebrate New Year with family.
Thorgren ends with a greeting from the entire royal family:
- The family looks forward to the new year. Many positive things are happening regarding family events, such as wedding, new family members and baptism, but also regarding their active work for Sweden.
Madeleine och Chris återvänder till Stockholm Nyheter Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Which of Chris's companies? Can you give the link?
[\QUOTE]

Search by Officer or Registered Agent

you can search for his name and will find the mailing address of the companies.

Thank you. And why do you think that he couldn't get his business post to his home address? Especially when he has more companies and not all of them has his home address as the mailing address. It feels odd that he would have an office with a furnished bedroom.

Last edited:
I think its a misquote, the apartment is70sq meters~753square feet. So it can be a 2 or 3rm apt.

From the look of the entrance(there was a pic taken when Madde left the building to Sweden for Leonore's baptism), thr bldg looks like The Touraine in Manhattan. I do a check on the rentals for The Touraine, for US7900 and below u can rent a 3.5rm apt.

I think Johan Lindwall is not reliable at all.Some stuff he mentioned in his articles can be taken with a grain of salt especially on Madde&Chris
The companies that was owned by Chris have mailing add. in Palm Beach. Where was it stated that his home is the mailing add.?

JMO.

Last edited:
I think its a misquote, the apartment is70sq meters~753square feet. So it can be a 2 or 3rm apt.

From the look of the entrance(there was a pic taken when Madde left the building to Sweden for Leonore's baptism), thr bldg looks like The Touraine in Manhattan. I do a check on the rentals for The Touraine, for US7900 and below u can rent a 3.5rm apt.

I think Johan Lindwall is not reliable at all.Some stuff he mentioned in his articles can be taken with a grain of salt especially on Madde&Chris
The companies that was owned by Chris have mailing add. in Palm Beach. Where was it stated that his home is the mailing add.?

JMO.

Here, Wilton Partners Palm Beach, LLC
Detail by Officer/Registered Agent Name¨

Yes, the swedish press has told that they live in The Touraine.
I guess these are the photos you mean, Madeleine and Chris leaving from the Touraine:
http://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/38/38/3838f703f4324834973182763b9ebc09/4x3/965@70.jpg
http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/fa/7c/fa7c6f13a7324be4a36b7ce07710e8f8/4x3/965@70.jpg
The Touraine
http://cdn-img2.streeteasy.com/nyc/image/46/25230146.jpg

Last edited:
^^I referred to an Expressen article by Tomas and the interview he had with Chris, the companies he mentioned were Wilton Payments and Bulgaria Investments and both had mailing addresses in Palm Beach. (Ref to Sunbiz.org) . I don't think he will list a rented place as the mailing add bcos they know that very soon they will have to leave and find another place to reside. It makes sense too bcos these companies were registered in Aug 2013 and he has a home in Palm Beach.

General News about Madeleine, Chris and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 -

Other companies in his name have The Touraine apt as the mailing address. I choose not to give further details as this would invade their privacy, but you can find it via the link I provided before.
If you then search for the realtor listing of their apt, you will see it is a 1-bedroom apartment only.

I still find it odd they live there. I believe it is Chris's office address and maybe an extra bedroom for guests or the nanny.

On the cover of Expressen
The document shows
Madeleine's and Chris' secret purchase of home with 15 millions
http://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/d6/1a/d61add0e2cf1493698d1cf01393d7aa1/502@70.jpg

SwissRoyal was right, they didn't live in so small apartment.

Article in Expressen
Princess Madeleine and Chris have had in fact two luxury apartments in the same building in New York, according to documents Expressen taken note of. A larger home they rented - and a smaller, private apartment valued at around 16 million.
- The couple lived in a rented apartment that they have now left. They have privately invested in another smaller apartment that they never lived in, said Margareta Thorgren from the press department.
Now it turns out that the family lived in a large rented three-room apartment of 130 square meters - and had a deuce of 70 square meters in the same house.
The smaller apartment is formally owned by the company Warwick International LLC and Chris O'Neill has signed all the documents. This is evidenced by documents from New York's real estate registry, which Expressen taken note of.
- They have denounced the rented apartment. They have emptied both it and the apartment they own, which is now under rental.
Thorgren would not comment on the company Warwick International and its activities - nor why the couple chooses to use a company owning the apartment.
- The court doesn't comment other questions about the private apartment just because it is a private investment, she says.
According to the documents Warwick International LLC bought the apartment on 1 November 2013 for 1.87 million dollars, nearly 15 million SEK. Chris O'Neill signed the documents.
Madeleines och Chris två lyxlyor i New York Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Yes, just like I thought!

Thanks LadyFinn for posting!

I'm curious as to why any of this should matter, would even be 'news'. :ermm:

I'm curious as to why any of this should matter, would even be 'news'. :ermm:

Everything regarding the royals is news. At Affärsvärlden (Business World) newspaper:
Princess Madeleine leases out luxury apartment in New York
Princess Madeleine and her husband Chris O'Neill have secretly bought an apartment in Manhattan, New York City which the couple now rent out for just over 60 000 per month.
Prinsessan Madeleine hyr ut lyxlyan i New York - Affärsvärlden

According to Expressen Madeleine and Chris have planned their move for quite a long time. They put on 30th September last year the rented apartment they lived to be rented again. They paid 95 000 per month for their accommodation in New York - a total of over 1 million SEK in one year.
- It is still not clear where in Europe they will be staying. Right now the base is Stockholm and will be so for some time. They plans to move have existed ever since the summer. The couple has looked at various options and has now left New York. Now it is the Stockholm that applies, and then we will see ahead. It is not yet decided where the couple will reside. When we have more information we will communicate it, says Margareta Thorgren from the press department.
Was it in September as Madeleine and Chris were told that they will become parents again and then tooked the decision to rent out their apartment?
- No, no, absolutely not. It does not have to do with it, says Thorgren.
Madeleine planerade flytten redan i somras Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Everything regarding the royals is news. At Affärsvärlden (Business World) newspaper:
Princess Madeleine leases out luxury apartment in New York
Princess Madeleine and her husband Chris O'Neill have secretly bought an apartment in Manhattan, New York City which the couple now rent out for just over 60 000 per month.
Prinsessan Madeleine hyr ut lyxlyan i New York - Affärsvärlden

This was not a secret real estate sale, the tabloid was able to find public documents, I assume , about the sale. Many foreigners invest in apartments in New York and rent them out. That is one of the reasons the prices are so high. That is not a high price for a NYC apartment, btw.

This was not a secret real estate sale, the tabloid was able to find public documents, I assume , about the sale. Many foreigners invest in apartments in New York and rent them out. That is one of the reasons the prices are so high. That is not a high price for a NYC apartment, btw.

Well, for the tabloids everything is secret, if it isn't told to them or at a press release.

Expressen's Johan T Lindwall writes that Madeleine has longed for a long time back to Sweden to be close to her family. But according to information given to Expressen, Chris doesn't want to live permanently in Sweden because of his work. Madeleine and Chris got to a compromise solution when they left New York. Removal goods will not go to Stockholm. Instead, the couple has viewed three cities: Paris, London and Gstaad.
According to Expressen's sources London is in the current situation most current place of the future residence.
- Nothing is decided yet. They have taken the decision to move to Europe and then we'll see where it gets, says Margareta Thorgren from the press department.
Chris, who works with financial investments to other affluent people doesn't believe that he would be able to manage his business in a satisfactory way from Sweden.
- We can not comment on that information, says Thorgren.
Lindwall writes also that if Madeleine wants to be at Carl Philip's wedding, she must be in Sweden and Stockholm in June and that means in practice that even birth will now take place in Sweden - something that neither Madeleine and Chris had seen as obvious from beginning.
Will princess Madeleine give birth in Sweden?
- It is not yet decided. We will return to that, says Thorgren.
Därför vill Chris O'Neill inte bo i Sverige Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
I think Chris feels more comfortable in London or NY. Maybe because there is less attention on them, he doesn't seem to be relaxed with paparazzis around.

I do not believe they seriously consider Paris or Gstaad, I think the press made that up:

Paris - language issues, no family or friend connections, kids would have to go to an international school
Gstaad - essentially a tourist ski & summer resort. Nice place, but no good airport connections at all. No business scene and no entertainment options. Same language issues as for Paris.

I bet they will move to London. They will not stay in Sweden as both like to live a private life.

Doesn't chris have property or family that live in Gstaad? I thought i read they go there quite a bit. Though I reckon they'll end up in London. Its close to Sweden, lots of flights in and out, its very business orientated like NY for Chris, no language issues and I think it will be easier for the King and Queen or Victoria and Daniel to find excuses to visit more, I don't mean this badly and I know the RF have links to France but I think there is probably more reasons fr the RF to visit London that Paris of Gstaad. The Queen of Denmark does every year. Of course they will visit privately too but a few working visits her and there as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom